PDA

View Full Version : To Daring Outlaw or not to Daring Outlaw

Blackhawk748
2015-05-11, 08:39 PM
Ok my trouble right now is weather to take Daring Outlaw or not (obvious right?) Heres the build for context: Rogue 1/Swashbuckler 3/Swordsage 1/Avenger X. Now if i take Daring Outlaw that means i will be taking Swordsage at level 3, so i can take Shadow Blade, this sadly limits me to 1st lvl maneuvers. However if i dont, i can take Swordsage at level 5 and have 2nd level maneuvers and take Shadow Blade at lvl 6, but then im out 2d6 sneak attack. So really the question is, are the maneuvers worth my 2d6 sneak attack?

Now for the record this is for RHoD so we will only hit like lvl 10 and i will not be taking another Swordsage level, im mostly just taking it for easy qualification for Shadow Blade, the maneuvers are just icing to me. Im just curious if that icing is better than 2d6 Sneak Attack.

Urpriest
2015-05-11, 08:50 PM
Aren't you losing only 1d6 sneak attack, not 2d6? If you have a decent Dex then Shadow Blade is much more useful.

gorfnab
2015-05-11, 08:53 PM
Why not a second level of Swordsage for Assassin's Stance?

Blackhawk748
2015-05-11, 08:59 PM
Aren't you losing only 1d6 sneak attack, not 2d6? If you have a decent Dex then Shadow Blade is much more useful.

Nope 3 levels of Swashbuckler would get me 2d6 sneak attack Scratch that i cant math today apparently. Though i may take a second level of Rogue at lvl 7 for Evasion so i would get the 2d6 then

Why not a second level of Swordsage for Assassin's Stance?

Because i can get the same effect with a feat and still have Island of Blades?