PDA

View Full Version : fun/stupid grapple build

lonewulf
2015-05-11, 09:06 PM
Was reading the Unearthed Arcana and i pictured this vague build...it made me giggle a bit. A grappling Minotaur would be awesome!

This is off the top of my head but it would be something like this: Rogue 3(Swashbuckler)/Bard 5(Lore)/Fighter 12(Battlemaster).

Just picture being 'unarmed', grappling 2 opponents, dragging them away from your allies and then repeatedly head(horn)butting them for d10 damage with automatic Sneak Attack....the thought makes me lol. And you get auto-advantage to shove the enemies prone!

HoarsHalberd
2015-05-12, 05:31 AM
Was reading the Unearthed Arcana and i pictured this vague build...it made me giggle a bit. A grappling Minotaur would be awesome!

This is off the top of my head but it would be something like this: Rogue 3(Swashbuckler)/Bard 5(Lore)/Fighter 12(Battlemaster).

Just picture being 'unarmed', grappling 2 opponents, dragging them away from your allies and then repeatedly head(horn)butting them for d10 damage with automatic Sneak Attack....the thought makes me lol. And you get auto-advantage to shove the enemies prone!

Horns aren't finesse so no sneak attack.

lonewulf
2015-05-12, 05:39 AM
Knew it was too good to be true lol. Forgot about that. Still a funny image.

EDIT: Even without Rogue it can be pretty great. It allows you to drop DEX and just go with full plate. Then you can go further in Bard/Fighter or add Barbarian 3 for Rage+Bear Totem. Or add Warlock and pick up Agonizing Blast (and Devil Sight) for a good ranged attack when you cant grapple since you'll have high CHA from Bard anyway.