PDA

View Full Version : Lf a prestige class

Yogibear41
2015-05-11, 09:20 PM
Is there a prestige class that grants both weapon specialization and continued turn/rebuke undead progression? Specifically rebuke. Full bab and high hit die are also pluses.

Thealtruistorc
2015-05-11, 09:25 PM
You don't need weapon specialization, as the benefit can easily be surpassed with half a dozen other abilities.

If it's a good battle cleric prc with turning progression, go with Ruby Knight Vindicator in my opinion.

GilesTheCleric
2015-05-11, 09:38 PM
From what I've seen, Yogibear knows about op; I think the request was more of a pre-req-based requirement.

Are you able to go with something like Contemplative to pick up War domain? How flexible are you on turning? There's ways to get both of those requirements through other methods -- turning is easy to boost via items, which means you can pick up any 1st level dip to get wep spec.

Yogibear41
2015-05-11, 10:08 PM
Working on a potential character that uses Ordained Champion's smite ability as its go to for offense, and some other charisma based things added in, mainly want weapon specialization so I can take melee weapon mastery mostly for the increased hit chance. Will only have a moderate strength score and will only be using power attack to fuel awesome smite to get through damage reduction and things when necessary. I want to get my attack bonus high enough that I can still hit on iteratives when I roll a 2 on the dice. Plan to have 10 levels of blackguard thrown in there somewhere, and I am specifically trying to avoid Tome of Battle stuff as well. (not that I think there is anything wrong with it) Have access to some 3rd party feats from the mongoose quintessential books that boost the smite ability significantly.

Ruby Knight Vindicator does not advance turning, it just uses turning to fuel other abilities.

Crake
2015-05-11, 10:20 PM
From what I've seen, Yogibear knows about op; I think the request was more of a pre-req-based requirement.

Are you able to go with something like Contemplative to pick up War domain? How flexible are you on turning? There's ways to get both of those requirements through other methods -- turning is easy to boost via items, which means you can pick up any 1st level dip to get wep spec.

War domain only gets you weapon focus, not weapon spec. I'm not sure I know of any other way to get weapon spec other than 4 levels of fighter, or 6 levels of warblade.

DrMotives
2015-05-11, 10:23 PM
War domain only gets you weapon focus, not weapon spec. I'm not sure I know of any other way to get weapon spec other than 4 levels of fighter, or 6 levels of warblade.

Favored Soul 12 also gets weapon spec. It fits thematically, but not so much mechanically.

Yogibear41
2015-05-11, 10:23 PM
There are a few others if you look at the list of stuff, but none of them fit what I am looking for exactly. Every now and then I find things that that list missed, so I was just checking to see if this was the case. There is a pretty good chance no such class exists.

Troacctid
2015-05-11, 10:25 PM
There are prestige classes that can give you Weapon Specialization without 4 levels of Fighter, but none of them advance turning or rebuking. Sorry.

ShurikVch
2015-05-12, 11:52 AM
The Darkhagard (http://web.archive.org/web/20050224234858/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/articles/20030604darkhagard) PrC gets Weapon Specialization (darkha) at 2nd level

Yes, this PrC don't progress turn/rebuke undead, but come on, it's only 2 levels

Also, if darkha is not your weapon of choice, 1 level dip in Warblade or Bloodstorm Blade give you Weapon Aptitude CF, which allow you to "re-align" any weapon-related feats to any other weapon

Finally, how about to use the Chosen Weapon Specialization feat (PGF) instead regular Weapon Specialization? It's [Epic] feat, so you will need to use Dragonwrought Kobold cheese to take it pre-epic