PDA

View Full Version : Guarded Favored Soul build

numerek
2015-05-11, 10:53 PM
I just read the favored soul origin and you get to pick a cleric domain and war cleric gets spiritual weapon and spiritual guardians. With that I can make a spirtual guardians build that is way less MAD.

Note: this build relies on Unearthed Arcana, it also takes advantage of other optional rules but only the Favored Soul sorcerer origin is really required.

Favored Soul Sorcerer 5+

Race
Half Elf

Other Races
human variant for a free feat

Alignment

Because of spirtual guardians alignment actually matters. no buddy but bearbarians are resistant to radiant and only 4 creatures are immune which is better than necrotic so we need to be any non-evil alignment.

Starting stats

Strength 8
Dexterity 15
Constitution 16
Intelligence 8
wisdom 12
Charisma 16

Equipment
best medium armor I can afford + shield
shortbow can outdamage cantrips with dex

Skills
acrobatics, perception, persuasion, deception, performance, sleight of hand

Concept
Maintaining spiritual guardian
subtheme mobility

You run around the battlefield while spirits beat your enemies.

Progression
* indicates war domain spells

sorcerer pick up shield (damage mitigation), disguise self can be useful, maybe you can disguise yourself as a spiritual guardian, *divine favor, *shield of faith. light, medium armor, shield, simple weapon
you can start moving spell slots around, magic missile is a good one for stuff that is hard to damage any other way.
pick up extend spell for long duration spiritual guardians, and subtle spell so you can cast stuff while bound and gagged. pick up mirror image, *magic weapon, *spiritual weapon
ASI war caster misty step
pick up counter spell or fireball, *crusader's mantle, *spiritual guardians
which ever one you didn't pick at 5th. extra attack
Dimension Door, *freedom of movement, *stoneskin
ASI resilient dex dispel magic
Teleportation Circle, *flame strike, *hold monster
twin spell, Lightning Bolt
True Seeing
ASI shield master, Chain Lightning
Teleport
Plane Shift, wings
Etherealness
ASI Charisma
wish
free heals
ASI charisma
capstone

Alternatives
You can multi into wizard though you have to throw 5 points into intelligence
Spells you can pick up find familiar, longstrider +10 speed, phantom steed (speed 100), fire shield
The main reason I would consider this is for Focused Conjuration which means you can maintain concentration regardless of damage taken.

Note: obviously choices made for this build are largely specific to the goals of the build and may not be the best choices for being able to do anything else.