PDA

View Full Version : boccob theme

True believer
2015-05-12, 11:04 AM
Hello adventurers, i am currently playing a wizard 1/ archivist 2 character in a Greyhawk campaign. I will hit the Mystic Theuge prestige class for ten levels and then i have 7 empty levels to fill. I wonder if there is a boccob related official prestige class that u know about , so far i found one but it is unofficial and insanly broken so i am not interested.

Also everything ( feats, etc) that u can suggest me that has a boccob related theme would be much appreciated!!!

ty :D

Orderic
2015-05-12, 12:11 PM
I think the one prestige class that fits Boccob the most is Archmage. After all, he is the archmage of the deities.

Also, have you thought about asking your dm to let you continue MT past level 10?

Or... wait. You have 7 levels left. Seven. Know which class has seven levels? That's right, Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil.

Zaq
2015-05-12, 03:02 PM
I don't know of any PrCs that officially have Boccob's name on them, but since he's the god of knowledge, both Divine Oracle (CDiv) and Paragnostic Apostle (CChamp) are very thematically appropriate. Loremaster also works, but it's a little bit less interesting than Divine Oracle and Paragnostic Apostle, if you ask me (but since the prereqs for Loremaster and Divine Oracle partially overlap, you can possibly squeeze a few levels of each into your build without too much fuss, if you're so inclined).

I also agree with Orderic that pretty much anything that makes your magic more betterer is going to be appropriate for Boccob. He is, after all, also the god of magic, so just increasing your magical power is something he'd probably approve of.

In the feat department, Knowledge Devotion (CChamp) is quite in theme with what you're going for—note that the bonus damage doesn't specify "melee damage" or "weapon damage" or anything like that, so it's one of the only non-metamagic feats that can directly increase spell damage, which is a nice trick. Divine Oracle basically gives you Evasion under another name, so if you go that route, you might be interested in Insightful Reflexes (CAdv), letting you use your presumably very high INT instead of your DEX for the purposes of Reflex saves. Arcane Mastery (CArc) can come in handy—it wouldn't do to have a master of magic failing caster level checks, now would it?