PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Artificer + PF Investigator

Uhtred
2015-05-12, 02:17 PM
One of my players has announced that he wants to try his hand once again at DM'ing, and has said that any PF or 3.5 material is allowed, including Unearthed Arcana shenanigans, and that our explicit purpose is to "break the game."
DM's really need to stop saying things like that.
After examining the party (who are all very ridiculous) I've seen the need for a skill-based character. Our Parameters: Sixth level, Gestalt is allowed, including ACG hybrid classes, archetypes, and prestige classes. Custom races using the ARG Race Builder, 30 race points. All racial restrictions and prerequisites (including those for feats, equipment, class features, and racial-specific class archetypes) are suspended.
So I'm going to build a Gestalt Artificer/Steelblood Archetype Investigator. I built a custom plant-type race. And my concept is using Infusions and Extracts in tandem on his Elven Hunting Rifle (Tome of Munitions, approved!) and being able to do Studied Strike from range (He has told us that all firearm and ammunition prices have been halved, so guns are a bit more playable).
So the point is, is the build sound? I figure all I really need is Dex and Int, and act as über-support in combat, with alchemy and the like, and skill use outside of combat. I'll use the Weapon Familiar alternate class feature (from Races of Eberron, usually Warforged specific, but that doesn't matter) to make my rifle my familiar, and maybe have an Iron Defender for flanking bonuses for the heavy hitters? This is my first time playing an Investigator; I've definitely been an Artificer before. What sort of feats would be appropriate? Skill Focus (Alchemy)? Equipment?