PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday Leeroy Jenkins

pendell
2015-05-12, 04:37 PM
That video is ten years old today (http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/11/that-leeroy-jenkins-warcraft-video-is-ten-years-old-5192573/).

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Rodin
2015-05-12, 06:08 PM
Damnit, now I feel old. I was in college when I first saw that video.

The Glyphstone
2015-05-12, 07:38 PM
*sticks ten candles into a chicken*

DigoDragon
2015-05-13, 06:03 AM
Ten years?! Geez where is the time flying off to. :smalleek:

Sylthia
2015-05-13, 07:09 AM
And he now patrols my Garrison.

Pendulous
2015-05-13, 08:14 AM
Parodied in Scrubs, of all places. I think "many dots" was a better video back then, but somehow Leeroy jumped it. Even though it was likely staged.

Nerd-o-rama
2015-05-13, 08:16 AM
Parodied in Scrubs, of all places. I think "many dots" was a better video back then, but somehow Leeroy jumped it. Even though it was likely staged.

THAT'S A FIFTY ****ING DKP MINUS yeah Jenkins was staged. Someone freeze-framed the start of the video years ago and figured it out.

BannedInSchool
2015-05-13, 09:17 AM
Hey, something doesn't have to be factual to be true! :smalltongue:

Sylthia
2015-05-13, 09:27 AM

I've had similar enough things happen.

Killer Angel
2015-05-13, 12:14 PM
It's the same day of my daughter's birthday. I have to decide if it's cool or worrying... :smalltongue:

Chen
2015-05-13, 01:44 PM
I've had similar enough things happen.

Back when BC heroics were actually ridiculously difficult (like right after release) we had a warrior run into a room, AoE taunt, shield wall and last stand (since it was the only way to survive)...and then blow the AoE fear shout. That was when Shield wall was a 30 min cooldown too. While hilarious the waiting around afterwards was less fun :P

Pendulous
2015-05-13, 03:34 PM
THAT'S A FIFTY ****ING DKP MINUS yeah Jenkins was staged. Someone freeze-framed the start of the video years ago and figured it out.

Also I messed that up. It's "many whelps" and "moar dots". The animated version of the video is so funny.

DigoDragon
2015-05-14, 06:58 AM

Just has to be entertaining on the internet. :smallbiggrin:

Also I messed that up. It's "many whelps" and "moar dots". The animated version of the video is so funny.

I don't think I've seen the animated version. Is it on Newgrounds or someplace?

Rodin
2015-05-14, 08:20 AM
I also just realized I still have the techno remix in one of my playlists. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ImufkD-6g

Nerd-o-rama
2015-05-14, 08:35 AM

To this day I use "we are going to DPS very, very slowly" in actual RPG strategy discussion. Or to make fun of myself for trying to play a tank in D&D.

Pendulous
2015-05-15, 02:48 AM
I don't think I've seen the animated version. Is it on Newgrounds or someplace?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yKqKg6DfTY

Enjoy (language of course)

Sylthia
2015-05-15, 07:05 AM

When they posted it on the forums, they admitted to it being fake. People didn't want to believe it, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the script for it was based off of something that happened either within the guild or with a PUG.

Seerow
2015-05-15, 11:26 AM
When they posted it on the forums, they admitted to it being fake. People didn't want to believe it, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the script for it was based off of something that happened either within the guild or with a PUG.

Honestly just leaving off the whole "33.33% repeating of course chance of survival" thing would have made the video much easier to believe. You can't crunch survival rates like that in WoW!

Grim Portent
2015-05-15, 12:37 PM

Didn't they say it was a reenactment of an event that actually happened but with funnier dialogue added in?

danzibr
2015-05-15, 01:36 PM
I always kind of suspected that, based on their laughing.

My favorite WoW video is, and likely will always be, Karazhan musical chairs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2f0aGMAx7w) (8 years old and that's not the original version).