PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Island / Grim Fandango

zeratul
2007-04-19, 06:45 PM
Anyone else played these? I have played monkey islands 2,3,4, and have played grim fandango. I've heard the latter is less well known. Oh and I have also played Psychonaughts.

:edit: Wow I accidentally posted this in media, can it be moved to gaming please?

ZombieEl
2007-04-19, 09:45 PM
To answer you question: Yes.

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-19, 09:49 PM
Ah, Grim Fandango. I miss Lucasarts adventure games in general, even The Dig. Great dialog, often great music too.

How appropriate! You begin threads like a Cow!

Dhavaer
2007-04-19, 11:14 PM
Monkey Island 1, 2 and 3, and I've finished them all, although I did need a little help from a walkthrough to finish 1.

TheRabidWalnut
2007-04-20, 07:02 AM
Psychonauts! (I am still incapable of saying it any other way than the way Coach Oleander says it). I game that will never have the sequel it so rightly deserves, because I'd love to see what the inside of the old psychonaut's head looks like.

slapdash
2007-04-20, 07:59 AM
All those games are great; Simon the Sorcerer is also pretty awesome!

Om
2007-04-20, 08:28 AM
Never completed MI 3 or 4 (they just never clicked for me) but MI 1 and 2 are, by some distance, the funniest games ever made. The other LucasArts gems from their golden age would be Day of the Tentacle and Sam and Max: Hit the Road. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Full Throttle aren't exactly comedies, though both have their moments, and The Dig is pretty serious but they are all excellent, excellent games. You'd never see a game that good made today.

Grim Fandango is probably the darkest of the lot but is still golden. Its humour is a lot more subtle and I love it for that. Now I'm all nostalgic

Sebastian Bux
2007-04-20, 08:42 AM
They were working on Full THrottle II, but I hear it got scrubbed.