PDA

View Full Version : Index Scenario/Campaign Idea Thread

Endarire
2015-05-12, 05:26 PM
Intro
Greetings, all!

This thread is a place to post and view short ideas for a campaign or a scenario. This thread is not for any specific setting or system but can reference any setting or system!

Let's Begin!
1: Jamie, the Hogwarts IT Guy.

2: Hogwarts 2015: What happens when Hogwarts students have access to iPhones, iPads, social media, and other comparable muggle tech?

3: The Doctor (from Doctor Who) winds up in Planescape - Sigil, perhaps.

4: Jesus Christ, pop star.

5: Gestalt characters (D&D 3.5) ate my babies!

Maglubiyet
2015-05-13, 07:48 AM
I woke up and found a cow in my shower.

Anonymouswizard
2015-05-13, 07:59 AM
Let's Begin!
1: Jamie, the Hogwarts IT Guy.

2: Hogwarts 2015: What happens when Hogwarts students have access to iPhones, iPads, social media, and other comparable muggle tech?

Electricity doesn't work in areas of high magic, so they all leave.

3: The Doctor (from Doctor Who) winds up in Planescape - Sigil, perhaps.

He he.

For my contribution:

7) [Deities]'s library books are overdue, and they are refusing to return them. You have been hired to retrieve them.

goto124
2015-05-13, 10:37 AM
8) You're in a room with an orc. The orc has a pie. Get the pie.

Inevitability
2015-05-13, 02:08 PM
8b. Twist: The orc is Gruumsh, and the Pie grants those who eat it godhood.

Why Gruumsh is guarding the pie instead of getting bored, smashing it, eating it himself, feeding it to a loyal follower or doing all of the above will remain a mystery.

9. Gruumsh has been doing strange things lately. Find out why!

10. The PC's find a book. Everything written in the book happens. Problem: the book tends to interpret commands quite... interestingly.

PC: I write: 'suddenly, a cake appears out of thin air'
DM: A cake appears... one meter above you. Roll a reflex saving throw.

Lacco
2015-05-13, 02:09 PM
I don't know where I read this, but:

11. Two assassins stuck in elevator during blackout.

Karl Aegis
2015-05-13, 06:29 PM
12. Realize the entire village is an illusion

TricksyAndFalse
2015-05-14, 05:01 PM
13. The great serpent has awoken and swallowed the sun whole.

13a. Find the great serpent, cut him open, and release the sun!

13b. Quest throughout the dying land to discover a means of building a new sun!

(Obviously this is a myth-y sun, and not a massive ball of hydrogen fusing into helium)

14. A mechanical titan is stomping across the land. Find the access port in its heel, have a running clockwork-tower style combat as against the titan's mechanical anti-bodies to reach its brain and shut it back down.

Khedrac
2015-05-15, 06:43 AM
One I would like the time to develop into a proper campaign:

The party (already competent adventurers) are invited to visit the stronghold of powerful NPCs. When they get there they see another group of "adventurers" practicing in the courtyard and these guys are total clueless novices (i.e. more dangerous to themselves than the enemy). Glad that they will having nothing to do with them they are shown past them (and probably a queue of nobles and other petitioners) to the leaders' room.
Here they have the details of the (latest) impending doom of the world and the prophecy of how to save it.
No - they are not the heroes destined to save the day - the bunch of incompetents in the courtyard are...

Their mission is to go ahead of the prophesied party clearing out all the real threats, just leaving them enough to think they are doing the real work (and of course leaving no sign that this is happening) and ensure they get to wherever they need to go.
As bad as this news is, they do have one happy thought - at least none of them are the loremaster who has to go with the idiots...

Unseenmal
2015-05-15, 01:44 PM
Idea....

I would want to play in that game. It's a strange situation that could lead to some very memorable moments....like if the lead team is moving too slowly and the idiots catch up.

As for my addition:

* 99% of the world's intelligent population (ex: Anyone with an Int/Wis score above 5) are wiped out in an instant. The remaining populace sees this as a sign from the Gods that smart is bad. They are actively hunting smart people and/or live in terror of Smarties showing up. You are one of the lucky few smart people left behind. Good luck.

** The group appear in today's world...as in Earth 2015. They have all of their gear/spells/etc. All game mechanics work as they would normally (spell memorization/magic items/recharging). Survive.

These 2 ideas are independent of each other