PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Idea: The Rogues of Primus (Judging Interest)

ChubbyRain
2015-05-12, 08:16 PM
So I'm thinking of setting up a campaign (probably lasting at most 3 sessions) set up around a group of Modrons that have gone rogue.

PC racial choices would go from the Monodrone to the Quadrone (each will have a specific racial ability). They will each have a +3 ability score increase to be placed into any ability score (max +2).

PC may be any class.

PCs will be on the run from Primus, many other Modron will be coming after them as they try to make their way in the world.

The game would probably start in a Mechanus and work by the PCs jumping planes until they destroy or out wit their pursuers. There would be multiple choice of planes to jump into, more so than what is needed for the game to conclude. This would give a sense of replay value.

Any thoughts or ideas on a game such as this?

Brendanicus
2015-05-13, 01:03 AM
Sounds like a fun, silly game if your players are into that sort of thing. I know I am.

For encounter ideas, maybe have the players be forced to act like normal modrons early on to avoid detection, or have the players tip off some demons or slaad of a hilarious "prank" opportunity of having a bumbling army of modrons coming their way.

Kane0
2015-05-13, 05:04 AM
Sounds pretty fun, i'd definitely be in on that.
Dont forget the planehopping and awkward social interactions!

ChubbyRain
2015-05-13, 09:26 AM
I'm away from book but I was thinking of having the game set around their "once every 200 years or so march across the planes" idea from the monster manual.

At one point they "wake up", they can be on a random plane of existance at this point or still on Mechanus and heading toward the gates.

If they ever die, another modron takes their place, just like the lawful ones do. A lawful modron suddenly " wakes up" and rebels.

I figured it may be too silly so I'll make the setting dark and serious for some players and keep it light hearted and silly for others.

Essentially a PG-13 and a R version of the same campaign.