PDA

View Full Version : We want Durkon.

Hypothetical
2007-04-19, 07:17 PM
So far every one of the Order has been shown actually fighting at Azure City, except Durkon. He's made a couple of quick Cameos, but that's it, since the battle started.

We have a high level ( I've always guessed him at at least lvl 15) Dwarven Cleric. He can open up a case of Pace's Thick and Chunky Whoop A$$ anytime he wants. So why is he being ignored?

We want Durkon! We want Durkon!

jindra34
2007-04-19, 07:18 PM
So far every one of the Order has been shown actually fighting at Azure City, except Durkon. He's made a couple of quick Cameos, but that's it, since the battle started.

We have a high level ( I've always guessed him at at least lvl 15) Dwarven Cleric. He can open up a case of Pace's Thick and Chunky Whoop A$$ anytime he wants. So why is he being ignored?

We want Durkon! We want Durkon!

he is lvl 13 at best...

Finwe
2007-04-19, 08:28 PM
There's really no data involving his level other than that he can cast heal, a level six spell.

mockingbyrd7
2007-04-19, 08:38 PM
Wait, who's "Durkon"? The OotS has a dwarf? I only remember that dwarf assassin with the gun... [/sarcasm off]

I agree with you Hypothetical, completely and totally! I was actually going to make a post about this but you beat me to it. Durkon seems sort of like the forgotten hero, not just in this battle but in the whole comic. He's had one romantic tragedy that lasted all of a couple strips, a couple funny scenes, and a couple really good battle scenes. That's it. Elan has had tons of comedy, his own awesome jailbreak, romance, and vastly effected the plot in many ways. Is the Giant playing favorites? :smalltongue:

Balathustrius
2007-04-19, 08:49 PM
Maybe what's-his-name is too busy healing troops to fight. It's all I can think of.

Darkxarth
2007-04-19, 08:54 PM
Maybe Rich is building up to Durkon's big scene by ignoring him, thus letting the scene start towards the beginning of the battle and draw out for a decent bit. While V was enchanting soldiers and fighting Death Knights, Belkar was saving Hinjo and slaughtering Hobbos, Elan and Haley were fighting with the soldiers on the wall, and Roy was fighting with Xykon the the dragon, Durkon has been doing X, which has resluted in Y which is what saved the day in strip #Z.

Or not, you never you know.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-04-19, 08:59 PM
There are TWO self-motivated undead coming towards the wall: The Heucuva(sp) and the Fire and Fear, and they are coming together. Normal methods don't really do much against these two, but Divine Magic can cause all sorts of hate and discontent against the undead...

So I think Durkon is about to have his moment in the sun!

Orzel
2007-04-19, 09:02 PM
Durkon must be built up. Without trees and beer in the current battle, there's not much funny to pull from. Patience.

PlasticSoldier
2007-04-19, 09:08 PM
Besides there isn't much he could add to the plot.

Orzel
2007-04-19, 09:30 PM
Dwarves = not very funny
Clerics = not very funny
Sober people = not very funny

Sober dwarven clerics = snoresville without a proper setup guy

Innis Cabal
2007-04-19, 09:32 PM
i agree with Orzel, if he died next strip i wouldnt blink

jindra34
2007-04-19, 09:35 PM
Dwarves = not very funny
Clerics = not very funny
Sober people = not very funny

Sober dwarven clerics = snoresville without a proper setup guy

What about Druken Dwarven Clerics o Thor?

Orzel
2007-04-19, 09:40 PM
What about Druken Dwarven Clerics o Thor?

-2 for dwarf cleric
+2 for drunken thor worshipper
evens out

"No one cares about the healers 'til they heal you, forget to heal you, or die."

Jawajoey
2007-04-19, 10:09 PM
I love Durkon! He don't need no stinking gimmicky build up.

He's so awesome. He's just perfectly hilarious yet wise and serious.

And after Cliffport, come on! Durkon.badassness += 15;

If he died now, or soon, I would be very disappointed to see him go. I think he has some major awesome to bust out pretty soon. He ain't boring, especially when he's taking serious action. No "build up" required, thank you very much.

Chineselegolas
2007-04-21, 07:40 AM
I'ld like more of Durkons saneness. Although lets hope it waits till after we find out what happens to Roy.

But what is so snoozeville about Dwarves? Toss in a few short jokes and they are a barrel of fun.

the_tick_rules
2007-04-21, 11:38 AM
durkon will have his strip soon enough.

factotum
2007-04-21, 04:44 PM
I agree that Durkon is the most likely one to face the Huecuva, if only because huecuvas are supposed to hate clerics--therefore, if the thing catches sight of Durkon and realises what he is, it'll come after him all on its own without anything else being required!

de-trick
2007-04-21, 05:14 PM
Durkon should be out killin some hobs cause he gets a plus +1 against goblinoids

(hobgoblins are goblinoid)
DO IT FOR THE DWARFS DURKON FIGHT THE HOBGOBINS FOR UR RACE USE UR GREAT DWARF POWERS:durkon: :durkon: :durkon:

:durkon: vs :redcloak: :redcloak: :redcloak:

Drekhan
2007-04-21, 06:33 PM
Durkon will show up when Xykon's clerics go to turn all the fallen into undead.

Afterall, we have seen he dislikes the undead.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0016.html

cavalier973
2007-04-21, 09:52 PM
Durkon might not be around much, and he might not get a lot of the funny lines/scenes, but. . .the scene with Durkon chanting "weather control, weather control. . ." with the accompanying gianormous lightning bolt was one of the sweet wickedest strips ever.

He's definitely not a weak character, his time will come.

"two Miss'ssippi, three Miss'ssippi. . ." Heh, Heh. Why not "One, one thousand. Two, one thousand. . ."?

cavalier973
2007-04-21, 09:55 PM
Does Thor's might increase the PC's size? Or is Thor's Might an OOTS only spell?

Vale
2007-04-21, 10:35 PM
Does Thor's might increase the PC's size? Or is Thor's Might an OOTS only spell?

Well... Thor's Might is an OotS-only spell, at least as far as I know. There is a spell in the srd though that's very similar in both name an effect.

Righteous Might (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/righteousMight.htm) when cast by a Good-aligned cleric does all sorts of fun stuff. Here's the relevant bits for Durkon's use of it:

Doubling his height and multiplying his weight by 8. This increase changes his size category to the next larger one.
+4 size bonus to Strength and a +2 size bonus to Constitution.
+2 enhancement bonus to his natural armor.
He'd gain damage reduction 3/evil.
At 12th level this damage reduction becomes 6/evil(not 100% sure, but what do we think Durkon was back in the last battle of the dungeon? Level 12 yet?)
His size modifier for AC and attacks changes as appropriate to his new size category. This spell doesn’t change speed. Determine space and reach as appropriate to his new size.
All equipment he wore or carried is similarly enlarged by the spell(as you probably saw he didn't tear his armor apart). Melee and projectile weapons deal more damage. Other magical properties are not affected by this spell.

Demented
2007-04-21, 10:56 PM
Though, in the case of both Thor's Might and Enlarge Person (as cast by V), the resulting characters looked Huge, even Gargantuan, not Large.

JetTheOne
2007-04-22, 03:41 AM
Durkon might not be around much, and he might not get a lot of the funny lines/scenes, but. . .the scene with Durkon chanting "weather control, weather control. . ." with the accompanying gianormous lightning bolt was one of the sweet wickedest strips ever.

He's definitely not a weak character, his time will come.

"two Miss'ssippi, three Miss'ssippi. . ." Heh, Heh. Why not "One, one thousand. Two, one thousand. . ."?

Actually it's "control weather"

DarkEternal
2007-04-22, 08:57 AM
Hell, he is anything but weak. As stated by Roy in one of the earlier comics he is a pretty damn good warrior, if he only knew his math well, and has proven that his divine spells are fairly good over and over again(especially in Cliffport).

That, and he is a dwarf, the most badarse of all the races. Hopefuly soon he will bash something very elven like(hopefuly an undead V) into the ground and show his superiority.

cavalier973
2007-04-22, 10:14 AM
Actually it's "control weather"

10.4. . .when you read the strip, he's in the middle of chanting "control weather", and is saying "...weathercontrolweathercontrolweathercontrol. . ." etc. Since I don't really play D&D, then I wasn't familiar with the spell name.