PDA

View Full Version : Roguelike: Harden and T'sea

Falco1029
2015-05-13, 03:12 AM
The self-sufficient half-orc (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4CW3CARb_tqa19jdUxKOW54X2c/view) and aasimar explorer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=201959) have taken it upon themselves to descend into the fabled Lost Sepulcher of Death, the infamous dungeon said to contain both an infinite number of floors and the artifact known as The Elemental Esoterica of Caeimhgha, fabled to be able to correct any magical disaster and bring peace back to the world.

They enter the surprisingly decently lit dungeon, small torches lining the reinforced masonry and providing enough light to see by, although it's a bit dim in the corners. The bottom of the stairway branches off in two directions.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/falco1029/The%20Lost%20Sepulcher%20of%20Death%2001%20player% 20-%20Copy_zpsw86ntnyw.png

Let me know exactly where you're going, I revealed up to the first doors but there might be stuff in the intervening space *waggles fingers creepily*

Llyarden
2015-05-13, 03:59 AM
"Well, here we are," says T'sea, rather unecessarily. "Any preference on which way to go? My mother always said the left road was better, but the one time our caravan got ambushed by bandits it was because we took the left road." She seems to be talking more to herself than to her companion, perhaps in an attempt to distract herself from the sheer insanity of what they are doing.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-13, 06:20 AM
Harden

The Half-Orc smiles at his new traveling companion. "Well my friend, left seems as good as any." He looks around, disappointed by all of the light. "What say we try to stay silent and keep our eyes open?"

Perception: [roll0] {add additional +3 vs. Traps, +2 vs. Hidden objects (secret doors etc.)} (+2 vs. Undead) w/ Trapfinding
Stealth: [roll1]

Llyarden
2015-05-13, 07:33 AM
"I'm not the best at that sort of thing," T'sea admits, "but I'll do my best." She lets the bigger half-orc take the lead, figuring that he seems a little more at home in this place than she herself does.

Perception: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1] - buckler currently unreadied.

EDIT: Totally messed up; I forgot she was under medium encumbrance. That Stealth roll should be two less than it is. Given that, she will instead have her buckler out because there is no reason not to; it won't be any more encumbering than her backpack.

EDIT EDIT: ...also forgot that medium load restricts Dex. That Stealth roll should in fact be 3 less than it really is. My gosh, this is a terrible start for me.

Unless Harden objects, T'sea will be diagonally to one side and behind him (I think these passages are 10' wide, right?). This does mean that she will be treading on tiles that he won't. Unless one of us sees a trap of course in which case she won't step on it, but I think that would be obvious.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-13, 07:41 AM
Harden

"You will do fine. Just stand where you are comfortable and we will do this slowly, room by room." The Half-Orc looks around a moment. "I usually do things by myself... it is nice to have some company for once."

Falco1029
2015-05-13, 04:17 PM
As they approach the leftmost path and head towards the door there, Harden notices that up ahead there's a pair of pressure plates in front of the door, a clear indication of a trap.

Yeah, 10 feet wide.

As for a backpack, just letting it slip off and fall to the ground is a free action like any other dropped item, I'll say. Carefully removing it is a move action, but is likely only needed if you start carrying alchemist's fire inside it.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-13, 04:50 PM
Harden

The Half-Orc stops in his tracks and raises his fist, making the universal sign for stop in place or halt. Just to make sure, he whispers back to his companion. "Hold right there T'sea, there are pressure plates ahead. Back up just a bit and let me look for traps or see if I can disable the pressure plates."

The Half-Orc takes off his backpack, so he is not encumbered, and removes his lockpicks. He wants to take his time and get this right.

Disable Device: 19 (Take 10)
Dropping the backpack puts him under 100 lbs which removes is -3 ACP.

Llyarden
2015-05-13, 04:56 PM
T'sea recognises the sign, though, obviously unused to the situation, takes a couple further steps before registering Harden's raised hand and stopping, almost walking into the half-orc. "Sorry!" she exclaims. "I mean, sorry," she whispers hurriedly, before backing up to let the half-orc work.

Falco1029
2015-05-13, 05:12 PM
The casual effort isn't enough to deal with the pressure plate; he can't seem to get it undone, but thankfully doesn't trigger it either.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-13, 08:25 PM
Harden

The Half-Orc frowns as his efforts don't pay off. "Well, let's be a little more aggressive... I wonder what happens if I..."

Disable Device: [roll0]

Falco1029
2015-05-13, 08:39 PM
There's a reassuring click as the pressure plate is safely disconnected from the trap, the ceiling shifting just slightly, likely making it clear where said trap would originate from if triggered.

The door itself is of decent quality, made of wood, with a typical iron handle but no keyhole.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-13, 08:54 PM
Harden

Harden sighs a deep sigh of relief. "Huh, that actually worked."

He then moves forward carefully checking the door for any more traps. If he detects none he will listen to see if he hears anything on the other side, such as creatures etc. If he does not, he will attempt to open the door. If it is locked, he will attempt to unlock it.

If he does hear anything on the otherside or if it is trapped he will wait.

Perception: [roll0]
Disable Device: [roll1]

Falco1029
2015-05-13, 09:06 PM
Harden doesn't hear anything at the door, so when he does open it, what's there is likely a bit of a surprise; in an otherwise empty, if dusty and somewhat grungy room, five partially rotted humanoids can be seen, shuffling about in rags. As the door opens, of course, they immediately turn, clearly not happy with their presence.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/falco1029/GM%20stuff/The%20Lost%20Sepulcher%20of%20Death%2001%20player% 201_zpsacpiurvi.png

Inits! If T'sea would've done anything when he was messing with the door, you can do that before combat starts, to be fair, heh.

Zombie 1: [roll0]
Zombie 2: [roll1]
Zombie 3: [roll2]
Zombie 4: [roll3]
Zombie 5: [roll4]

EDIT: Just realized there's no fifth zombie on the map. Pretend the upper left one has a second one on its left side.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-13, 10:16 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

In the future, you can feel free to roll my initiative... it might make things go faster.

Llyarden
2015-05-14, 03:00 AM
"Ugh!" T'sea exclaims, wrinkling her nose at the smell that comes through the door. Seeing the shambling figures beginning to turn towards them, she slipped out of her backpack, wincing at the sound of it hitting the floor and hoping that her makeshift protection for her harp would keep it intact before rashly stepping forwards, past Harden, and bringing her mace down sharply on the head of the closest one.

Or at least attempting to.

Free Action: Drop backpack.
Move Action: Move to be diagonally above and to the left of the zombie who isn't on the picture.
Standard Action: Attacking with Combat Expertise.
To-hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (Bludgeoning and Piercing, so I presume no damage.)
Current AC: 19

Falco1029
2015-05-14, 03:18 AM
The zombie makes an almost angry sounding gurgle, clenching its fist disturbingly tight and then throwing a punch right at T'sea's chest, but she's easily able to move out of the way of it.

Yeah I can roll for you guys in the future for initiative.

Whatever the case, Harden's turn.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-14, 04:07 AM
Harden

The half-orc, seeing his favored enemy, moves to disable it quickly.

Attack the undead attack T'sea.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Falco1029
2015-05-14, 04:19 AM
Harden hits, taking a large chunk out of the zombie, but it remains upward.

The other zombies charge forward, one to the left of the first two, towards T'sea, and the other three towards Harden, lacking any other place to go right now. T'sea takes a hit to the side with a meaty fist, and Harden ducks away from one only for the other charging zombie to crack him in the side of the face.

Approximate arrangement, if I'm getting your guys' movements correct?:

|THZ
|ZZZ
|----Z

Out of three attacks, two hit, one on each of you.
Damage to T'sea: [roll0]
Damage to Harden: [roll1]

T'sea's turn, obviously.

Llyarden
2015-05-14, 04:36 AM
The blow from the zombie left T'sea scarcely on this side of consciousness. Bringing her shield up to defend herself and dropping her mace, she tried desperately to cast a spell to revive herself before the black haze of unconsciousness overcame her...

T'sea becomes disabled.
Free Action: Drop mace
Standard Action: Cast cure light wounds, provoking from the two zombies that threaten her.
Current AC: 18

Falco1029
2015-05-14, 04:44 AM
Neither of the Zombies hit her, her celestial blood seeming to shield her from the worst of their assaults.

Your alternative trait just saved you, heh XD

Llyarden
2015-05-14, 04:57 AM
As something within her seems to speak to her, allowing her to ward off the blows with uncanny reflexes, she steps back, realising her folly in advancing in the first place, drawing her crossbow as she did so.

Hooray!

Cure Light Wounds: [roll0] Back to 8 hitpoints, but she then takes 1 damage from casting a spell while disabled, so she ends up on 7 hitpoints.
Move Action: Draw light crossbow
5ft-step back into the doorway.

Current AC: 18

Falco1029
2015-05-14, 05:06 AM
The injured zombie, rather than trying to follow T'sea, turns towards harden instead, attempting to slam into him only to almost stumble over instead, unable to get proper footing for it.

It missed but nothing else happened mechanically, just being flavorful. Anyway, turn is Harden's

Junk Masterson
2015-05-14, 07:42 AM
Harden steadies his breathing and continues to swing at the injured undead creature.

Attack: 1d20+7
Damage: [roll0]

Attack from OOC thread is: 21

Junk Masterson
2015-05-14, 07:43 AM
Attack:[roll0]

My bad there... apologies.

Edit: No clue what the problem is here.

Attack from the OOC thread is 21.

Falco1029
2015-05-14, 08:58 PM
Harden's attack hits and the Zombie goes down. The one that was behind the others moves forward to take its place, as the other three all focus on the half orc, as the nearest target.

Two of their blows are reflected or dodged, but one of them slams its fist into him again, a bone shattering crunch heard.

Damage to Harden: [roll0]

Llyarden
2015-05-15, 03:41 AM
T'sea winced sympathetically as the half-orc took another massive blow from one of the zombies. "We need to pull back into the hallway!" she shouted to him, before taking her own advice and moving a few paces back, hand beginning to glow with holy power once again.

Move Action: Move 5 squares left and one up.
Standard Action: Ready action to cast cure light wounds on Harden when he is within reach.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-15, 06:20 AM
Harden falls unconscious at -1 hp and rolls to stabilize.

Stabilize: [roll0]

Yes, I took ARF and lost Orc Ferocity.

Llyarden
2015-05-15, 05:50 PM
T'sea stopped in her tracks at the thump and, looking around, saw Harden slump to the floor. She let out a slight curse as she stepped forwards again, tossing her crossbow to the side, and grabbed the half-orc, pulling him - with some considerable difficulty - back into the hallway.

So...let's not do that.
Free Action: Drop crossbow.
Move Action: Move 5ft to be adjacent to Harden but not adjacent to any of the zombies; basically one square above and one to the left of Harden.
Standard Action: Use a Drag maneuver on Harden. As he is unconscious, T'sea automatically gets a natural 20 on her CMB roll for a total of 21. Harden's CMD is currently 10, so she drags him back 10ft. Neither she nor Harden provoke for this (well, she provokes from Harden, technically, but he's unconscious.)

Falco1029
2015-05-15, 05:56 PM
The zombies all follow after, ending up in a 2 x 2 arrangement, but lacking a direct path to either of you their naturally slow corpse-like nature prevents them from being able to attack just yet.

Llyarden
2015-05-16, 03:48 AM
As the undead followed her, T'sea dropped Harden (with some relief - he was heavy) and stepped over him to slam the doors shut, leaning against them for a moment with a sigh of relief. But she knew that a door was unlikely to dissuade the zombies, so she leant down and pulled a likely-looking length of spiked chain from its position on the half-orc's waist. Hopefully tying the handles together would slow them down enough that she would be able to heal Harden.

5ft-step onto Harden's square.
Move Action: Close the doors!
Standard Action: Use a Steal maneuver on Harden (again, auto-succeeds) to draw his spiked chain.

Falco1029
2015-05-16, 04:02 AM
There's a banging at the door, but the undead can't seem to force it open, meaning she does have time to tie the door shut.

I figure we needn't wait for Harden to post he's sitting there unconscious

Llyarden
2015-05-16, 04:04 AM
T'sea proceeds to tie the door shut as best she can before slumping to the floor in some relief, beginning to once again conjure the holy power within her to heal her companion.

This should be amusing.

Standard Action: Tying the door shut.
Wisdom Check: [roll0]

Falco1029
2015-05-16, 04:13 AM
Two of the zombies slam into the door again, and there's a crack visible as some of the wood splinters. For the moment, though, it's holding.

Llyarden
2015-05-16, 04:20 AM
T'sea jumped as the door cracked. She'd expected a little more time to be able to recover. But apparently the zombies had no intention of giving her that time. Her hand filled with a warm light once again as she gently rested her palm over the worse of the half-orc's two wounds.

Standard Action: Cast cure light wounds on Harden.
Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]
5ft-step to the north so as to not be on Harden's square any more.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-16, 04:32 AM
Harden will stand from prone and retrieve his shield. He is still obviously trying to shake cobwebs loose. If he has time he will back up further and grab a chakram. He shakes his head again and says, "Thanks friend."

Falco1029
2015-05-16, 04:42 AM
There's another crack as the door's pounded upon further, an angered groan of sorts heard from the other side. The door's still holding, but it won't be able to take too much more.

Llyarden
2015-05-16, 05:09 AM
T'sea starts to wish that she hadn't left her weapons on the wrong side of the door. With a nod to Harden and clutching her holy symbol, she starts to whisper to herself. "May Desna guide our blades against these creatures. May the Song of the Spheres shield us from this foe." As she speaks, a deep blue cloak coalesces out of the air, sparkling with little motes of starlight. Then she turns to Harden. "Um...do you have a weapon I could borrow?"

Activating the Cloak of Many Stars.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-16, 09:19 PM
"Would you prefer a battleaxe or Chakram. I am down two weapons myself. I have 5 chakrams and I can use my shield. Your call."

Llyarden
2015-05-17, 03:30 AM
T'sea stammered a little. "Er...do you not have a dagger or something?" She sighed. "I'll have the chak...er...thingy."

Junk Masterson
2015-05-17, 05:45 AM
"I, uh, well...no.". Harden shrugs as he hands he a chakra.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-21, 09:14 AM
Harden will just back up so that he has a decent distance between him and the door. Approximately 20ft.

OOC: Sorry, didn't realize you were waiting on me.

Falco1029
2015-05-21, 09:21 AM
After 2 more rounds (Feel free to make retroactive actions) the door comes down, and the Zombies start to approach.

They don't actually move this round, though, because Staggered.

Llyarden
2015-05-21, 09:58 AM
T'sea drew back her arm, waiting for the zombies to approach before taking a slice at the closest one - a slice that missed as she relised just how sharp the bizarre weapons were and almost sliced open her hand with the chakram instead. She was starting to wish Harden hadn't disabled the pressure plates; they seemed like they could be useful at this point.

At some point in the two rounds, T'sea will move back the 20ft or so to be adjacent to Harden.
She will then ready an action to attack with Combat Expertise when a zombie gets within 5ft.
To-hit: [roll0]...this can only go well.
Damage: [roll1] Slashing
Reflex Save: [roll2]
Self damage on fail: [roll3]/2

Current AC: 20

Junk Masterson
2015-05-21, 06:10 PM
Harden throws his Chakra at the Zombie then draws another Chakra.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Falco1029
2015-05-21, 10:45 PM
The attacks both miss. The zombies charge forward, attempting to swipe at the two of them, but thankfully they miss as well.

Llyarden
2015-05-22, 02:31 AM
"Oh..." muttered T'sea to herself, watching Harden. "You're meant to throw them. Right." She almost did so, but then realised that she would be left without a weapon once again and so instead just tried to slash at the zombie instead, but only succeeded in pressing her hand into the sharp blade. "Ow!" she yelped.

Second verse; same as the first and all that.

Standard: Attack with Combat Expertise.
Reflex: [roll2]
Self Damage on fail: [roll3]/2

Current AC: 20.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-22, 08:11 AM
Harden takes a 5ft step back and throws another Chakra.

Damage: [roll]1d8+4/roll] = 11 from OOC thread.

Falco1029
2015-05-22, 08:17 AM
Harden hits, at least, and the creature's arm is cleaved off, leaving it only barely still standing. Still, both it and the one next to it move to attack while the ones behind them push forward, trying to get past them. Once again, though, both miss.

Llyarden
2015-05-22, 09:42 AM
T'sea looked rather nervously at Harden's stepping back but followed suit after taking a swipe at the one that the half-orc had just struck, but slipped on the severed arm, coming closer to striking Harden with her errant blow than her actual target.

Standard: Attacking the zombie Harden just hit with Combat Expertise. One of these days I'll roll a 20.
To-hit: [roll0]...that day is not today.
Reflex: [roll2]
Self damage on fail: [roll3]/2
5ft-step backwards.

Current AC: 20

Junk Masterson
2015-05-22, 12:31 PM
Harden grows tired of backing up. Taking a defensive posture he draws his battleaxe and swings at the injured zombie.

Fighting Defensively: AC 20, 6hp
Move Action: Draw Battleaxe provoking AoO's.

Falco1029
2015-05-22, 12:50 PM
The injured zombie is cleaved and parts of it collapse down to the ground. The zombie behind it moves forward, and the one that's to its side refocuses on him, since the oracle stepped away. Thrusting its arm forward, it slams a meaty fist into Harden, hard.

Damage to Harden: [roll0]

Junk Masterson
2015-05-25, 06:55 PM
Harden is down for the count at -3hp.

Llyarden
2015-05-26, 02:56 AM
T'sea cursed and stepped back, hurling the bladed disc towards one of the zombies before grabbing the haft of the battleaxe Harden had been wielding and...more dragging it towards herself than picking it up. "Hey!" she shouted at them. "Stupid zombies! Come this way!" She hoped that they would focus on the moving target.

5ft-step back.
Standard: Throw the chakram at whichever of the zombies, if any, are the most injured. Or just whichever zombie took down Harden if none of them are.
Move: Grab the battleaxe from Harden's square, which doesn't provoke even though she's reaching into a threatened square (see here. (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9qd5))

Falco1029
2015-05-26, 06:21 PM
Two of the Zombies do head after T'sea, but that leaves Harden open to the one that was left behind those two. The two charge at T'sea fruitlessly, her armor deflecting any blows, and the other approaches the bleeding corpse on the ground, clearly getting ready to finish the job.

Junk Masterson
2015-05-26, 06:39 PM

Stable!!!

Llyarden
2015-05-27, 02:09 AM
As T'sea saw one of the zombies reaching down for Harden, she cursed again before trying to push her way past the undead to return to the half-orc's side. Unfortunately, as it turned out, the zombies were quite considerably stronger than she was and all she achieved was to leave herself exposed for a few - potentially lethal - moments.

Just about to head out; I'll add fluff and such when I get back.

Move Action: Attempt to tumble through the zombie's square to stand on Harden's square. DC21, I think.
[roll0]
If she fails and survives the attack of opportunity (AC 21), she'll convert her standard into a move to try again:
[roll1]
If she succeeds on the first try, she'll take a swing at the zombie that was about to kill Harden.
To-hit: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

EDIT: ...curse you, dice!

Falco1029
2015-05-27, 01:34 PM
T'sea is incredibly lucky, as neither Zombie manages to hit her still.

Harden, however is less so; the one by him leans down and tears at his flesh, a large chunk of it lost in the process as it attempts to finish him off.

Damage to Harden (Coup de Grace): [roll0]
By my count, I think you can survive 10 or less damage.

Llyarden
2015-05-29, 04:25 AM
T'sea continued frantically trying to push past the undead, virtually ignoring her own safety in an attempt to reach her adventuring companion.

Let's try this again.
Move Action: Acrobatics attempt #1, using Thrill-Seeker to roll twice: [roll0], [roll1]
If she fails and survives (AC21), she tries again with her Standard: [roll2]
If she gets there the first time, she'll attack the zombie that hit Harden with Combat Expertise.
To-hit: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Her AC would then be 20.

Final AC at the end of her turn is 19, assuming she doesn't die to the attacks of opportunity.

Falco1029
2015-05-29, 04:39 AM
Luckily enough, the Zombies can't seem to take good advantage of her attempts, and they still seem to miss her. In fact, the one by Harden attempts to finish him off, only to stumble over next to him instead.

I made the one attacking harden roll vs the space (AC5) and he rolled a natural 1. Fun times. Seems the dice hate them as much as you, for now.