PDA

View Full Version : Where and how to post a game?

Albions_Angel
2015-05-13, 11:29 AM
Hi all. I am soon to be running my first Scenario, which will be a one off introduction to a much larger campaign. I have been asking about hints and tips over on the 3.5e boards and I got some interest for the world I had created, including someone asking for me to post how the scenario plays out/what happens. I intend to fulfil that as best I can, basically writing what my players do as a short story from their perspective with the extra exposition for world building. Something like an ancient "historical" account, somewhere between a story and a report.

The problem is, I dont know where would be best to post it, or how to include things like maps, etc. I mean I know how to post images etc but how would you suggest telling this story in a compelling and pleasing manner?

Thanks.

Grinner
2015-05-13, 01:00 PM
If I'm understanding you, you're asking for where to post a write-up of a campaign you're conducting at home, and how to go about writing it?

For part one, some people like using blogs set up specifically for the campaign. Others just post threads in the Roleplaying subforum, where others sometimes chime in.

For part two, maps traditionally go at the beginning of most fantasy novels, and I don't see why that ought to be changed for this. Except...If you decide to post this on a blog, you may want to have a specially-linked post off to the side for the map alone. The way most blogs are set up doesn't make finding particular bits of information particularly easy or pleasant.