PDA

View Full Version : Reclaiming the Lost Lands. Travel to the Sky! (IC)

LegendaryKnight
2015-05-13, 12:07 PM
In the "City" if that's what you can call it. Lives a few hundred people. Living their lives day to day without knowledge of the outside world. You are these people. Everyone here's a little rumors about the world. But nobody truly believes them. The can believe a pig can fly before that ever happens.

In the town square Fredrick Falnad continues his rant like he has been for the last 20 years. Ancient looking but surprisingly still filled with energy to talk. "Welcome one and all! Let me tell you a time where there were these magical things called the sky! Sun! And the moon!" The ancient bard said to even ones disbelief. They were always walls bars and rock around them no such things as these fairly tails. "There was a time long long ago where everyone was on the surface. We all breathed in fresh air played and sang in the warmth of the day but then they were evil monsters that came pouring out of strange evil looking portals talking over everything. Nothing could have stopped them! All we could do was flee to underground and hide from them we left everything behind running down these tunnels. They taked everything even the ones that glowed with this magicalenergy it's true I tell you! " People started booing as guards came in and dragged the clearly crazy man out of the square.

What do you do?

Cognomeng
2015-05-13, 12:14 PM
Antonio follows the guards until they're no longer visible to the crowd, then he steps up and says. "Hey fellows, I can take the old fellow back to his place, I'm sure you have better things to do."

[roll0]

Metroid33
2015-05-13, 12:18 PM
As the man is pulled away Cedric thinks about the stories his Grandfather used to tell him. They must be talking about the same place, Just how would one go up there. The tunnel? Cedric thinks, looking in the direction of the tunnel to darkness. Geez, what is someone supposed to do? AS he thinks this Cedric begins moving after the guards wondering where they might be taking him.

LegendaryKnight
2015-05-13, 12:19 PM
Antonio follows the guards until they're no longer visible to the crowd, then he steps up and says. "Hey fellows, I can take the old fellow back to his place, I'm sure you have better things to do."

[roll0]

Rolling perfects right out of the gate? :smalleek:

The Guards clearly don't seem to mind you taking him home.

The Guards just say "Antonio this wont help you with the ladies" The said laughing as they walked away.

Cognomeng
2015-05-13, 12:30 PM
Antonio laughs back and calls out to them. "Shows what you know, women love kindness. A child or animal would probably work better, but you work with the tools provided." Turning towards Fredrick he gently starts guiding him back towards his house. "You know how this always ends Fredrick, why must you always continue your antics?"

Taking a couple of minor liberties, 1. Assuming Antonio knows where Fredrick lives, 2. that the guards dragging him off is what happens when he rants.

LegendaryKnight
2015-05-13, 12:34 PM
Antonio laughs back and calls out to them. "Shows what you know, women love kindness. A child or animal would probably work better, but you work with the tools provided." Turning towards Fredrick he gently starts guiding him back towards his house. "You know how this always ends Fredrick, why must you always continue your antics?"

Taking a couple of minor liberties, 1. Assuming Antonio knows where Fredrick lives, 2. that the guards dragging him off is what happens when he rants.

Yep and Yep :smallbiggrin:

He looks at you and says "I know. But i must who will let the children of tomorrow know what is out there if I am almost the last one left alive who has seen it for myself?" He looks at you sadness set deep inside his face.

Metroid33
2015-05-13, 12:46 PM
Fading out of the alley behind them Cedric says "Well if you want others to know it then you could tell us how to get there. let someone else see it with there own eyes then com back and tell everyone else."

LegendaryKnight
2015-05-13, 12:52 PM
Fading out of the alley behind them Cedric says "Well if you want others to know it then you could tell us how to get there. let someone else see it with there own eyes then com back and tell everyone else."

He looks at Cedric "The only way is through that tunnel there. But it wont be long before they have to start sending people out anyway. Nobody is realizing how short on food we are anymore. How long do they think we can last on the stored up food? Oh i shouldn't have said that..." Fredrick says looking slightly panicked but then calms down.

LuckyStrike
2015-05-13, 01:20 PM
Snow hangs back against a large rock in the town square. She watched the spectacle and rolled her eyes. Always the same show, same people. She didn't understand why the guards were so afraid of the truth. She was pretty sure she had some vague memories of the surface, and she knew for a fact that her parents had. They always went on and on about the dangers in any case.
She spit on the floor. One of these days she was going to find out. She smiles as Antonio and Cedric take the bard home. At least some people here were alright.

She jumps up and runs after the pair.

'Hey! Wait up!'

Holy-hunter
2015-05-13, 09:18 PM
Anzu rolls his eyes, "damn fool" he mutters to himself with an angry sigh.
He decides to follow his uncle and those accompanying him, besides after that display Anzu and his brother had to shut down their little circus act because they wouldn't be making anymore coin today.
Not wanting the kind of attention and questions that followed one of his uncles shameful rants, Anzu follows from a distance in the shadows. He wasn't interested in thanking the good samaritans but he did want to scold the old man for the humiliation.

He pulls his hood over his face and moves on.
[roll0] Move silently
[roll1] Hide

Cognomeng
2015-05-13, 10:03 PM
Antonio loses all semblance of a smile at Fredrick's words. "We're running out of food?" Then Snow speaks up, and his grin reignites. "My dearest Snow, how kind of you to join us! We'll have to discuss this more later Fredrick, in detail. But now we have a lady to entertain" Antonio finishes speaking with a flourish and a bow towards Snow.

LegendaryKnight
2015-05-14, 12:47 AM
Fredrick gives a quick nod and goes inside his house.

What will you do?

Talk more to Fredrick?
Go to the local Tavern?
Walk around the city?
Attend the festival?
Or something else?

LuckyStrike
2015-05-14, 01:30 AM
'Damn right you need to entertain me. I'm bored.' Snow states matter of factly.

Cognomeng
2015-05-14, 01:55 AM
Antonio waves goodbye to Fredrick and then slips his arm around Snow's waist. "I haven't had a chance to see much of the festival, would you care to accompany me?"

Holy-hunter
2015-05-14, 02:02 AM
The halfling slips through the crowd catching the door just before it closes behind Fredrick. He stops in the doorway, turning back he speaks to the others,

"Thank you for your service, if I can repay you in kindness, in any way, please let me know."

He speaks slightly hurriedly and in an etiquette that seemed necessary but insincere.
He awaits for a reply but is noticeably eager to go inside.

LuckyStrike
2015-05-14, 03:08 PM
Antonio waves goodbye to Fredrick and then slips his arm around Snow's waist. "I haven't had a chance to see much of the festival, would you care to accompany me?"

'Sure, let's go. You coming Cedric?'

Metroid33
2015-05-15, 05:37 AM
"Sure, what the heck. " Cedric says, moving to join the others moving towards the festival. As they leave he throws a worried look over his shoulder, think about what fredrick had just said.

LegendaryKnight
2015-05-15, 10:02 AM
Fredrick noticing Ahzu for the first time says "Ah...Ahzu when did you get here? And why aren't you playing with your. Brother?" He says obviously.

At the festival which is held every six months wiphich is strangely called mid-summers festival even though no one knows what summer means except a rare few. It's filled with children playing games with very polished rocks trying to knock others out of the circle. Throwing rocks at cans climbing he walls to see who can get up to the top first. Races on foot to see who is faster and more!

What are you guys doing?

Holy-hunter
2015-05-15, 12:26 PM
Fredrick noticing Ahzu for the first time says "Ah...Ahzu when did you get here? And why aren't you playing with your. Brother?" He says obviously.

With a deep sigh Anzu presses the door shut and lets a moment of silence follow the latching 'click' then he slides his hands down and turns around to face his uncle.

Ah his sweet old naive, simple, if not somewhat eccentric old uncle.
He could no sooner hold a grudge against a fool for being a fool as he could a cat for chasing a mouse.

"We had enough for the day" He politely lies, "Uncle! and it's not playing, it's our income, just like your stories used to be...Fredric fire belly"

His dissapointment in his uncles continuous ranting was well known to them both, and he frequently reminds him of one of his many former famed stage names.

"You gotta cut that out, your gonna get in some serious trouble one day, why won't you just let it rest? Everything is peaceful and fine, we are where we are meant to be!"

His question was more of a plea, and in truth he didn't completely believe in his own last words.

And from somewhere deep down inside him something finally snapped. Be it his boredom, his repetitive dull life, constant confines, tired old same faces, the same old festivals and entertainment, familiar repetitive food... Divine intervention.
Be it what it may, it caused him to snap at the poor man and in an abrupt harsh tone he questions.

"What will it take for you to go back to singing and lay this rubbish to rest?
Tell me what to do! Just name it."

LegendaryKnight
2015-05-15, 02:18 PM
With a deep sigh Anzu presses the door shut and lets a moment of silence follow the latching 'click' then he slides his hands down and turns around to face his uncle.

Ah his sweet old naive, simple, if not somewhat eccentric old uncle.
He could no sooner hold a grudge against a fool for being a fool as he could a cat for chasing a mouse.

"We had enough for the day" He politely lies, "Uncle! and it's not playing, it's our income, just like your stories used to be...Fredric fire belly"

His dissapointment in his uncles continuous ranting was well known to them both, and he frequently reminds him of one of his many former famed stage names.

"You gotta cut that out, your gonna get in some serious trouble one day, why won't you just let it rest? Everything is peaceful and fine, we are where we are meant to be!"

His question was more of a plea, and in truth he didn't completely believe in his own last words.

And from somewhere deep down inside him something finally snapped. Be it his boredom, his repetitive dull life, constant confines, tired old same faces, the same old festivals and entertainment, familiar repetitive food... Divine intervention.
Be it what it may, it caused him to snap at the poor man and in an abrupt harsh tone he questions.

"What will it take for you to go back to singing and lay this rubbish to rest?
Tell me what to do! Just name it."

Fredrick taken aback by Anzu outburst takes a moment to collect his thoughts and says with a sigh, " Sit down i think its time for you to know at least" If Anzu sits he continues with "I have to keep telling people this. I am one of the last survivors of what happened. There are only a handful of people left. I think three because Gandan passed last year. If i stop telling people. They will lose all meaning to themselves if they haven't already. I must continue to at least give them the power to dream about the future or to the very least give them dreams even if they don't believe me. Anzu...i don't have much time left..." he says slightly hurried. "I will be gone soon because Alduran (The cities new leader. His father passed five years ago.) is going to do something rash. His father was better with these sorts of things but enough of that. You know all the people that are exiled to the tunnel? The reasons are only two. One and the safest to tell is that they are sent to check on the outside if its finally safe to come out or get food. The other..." A loud banging starts on the door...

"Fredrick! Alduran wants to see you now! Open up!" A deep voice commands. Its sounds like the captain of the guards Lavan.

Fredrick panicked says quickly and very quietly. "Anzu the other reason it that there is not enough food and so they send them to die in the tunnel mostly the old or the weak because they are the biggest drain. I want you to gather your friends and leave quickly. It will be dangerous just be careful and make sure your not seen!" He walks to the door and unlatches it "Why Lavan what do i -" Before he could finish a big heavy fist came crashing to the side of his face making him crumple to the ground. A guard came inside quickly seeing nobody else quickly stuffed Fredrick in a bag and closed the door behind him.

What do you do?

Holy-hunter
2015-05-15, 11:35 PM
For a short moment Anzu was frozen, horrified with shock, he almost couldn't believe what he just witnessed! The guards he thought he knew and could be trusted, looked upon to uphold values and peace. This wasn't those guards, couldn't be!

With thoughts racing through his head he quickly scans the room for something sharp, then races out another exit to find and follow his uncle to where ever they may be taking him.

This could prove all his stories true...
And if it did, it meant he was in grave danger.

[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Move Silently
[roll2] Hide
[roll3] Listen

Metroid33
2015-05-16, 07:17 AM
Cedric wanders around the festival with everyone, not really taking in what there was and mostly caught in thought about what Fredrick had said. "Guys I'm justnot really into this stuff. I mean like what was Fredrick talking about?"

Cognomeng
2015-05-16, 01:35 PM
Having walked around the festival and seeing all the children's games being played, Antonio could only agree. "Yes, this isn't nearly as interesting as I had hoped. What say we relocate to the tavern? Find a quiet corner, and talk."

LegendaryKnight
2015-05-16, 03:03 PM
For a short moment Anzu was frozen, horrified with shock, he almost couldn't believe what he just witnessed! The guards he thought he knew and could be trusted, looked upon to uphold values and peace. This wasn't those guards, couldn't be!

With thoughts racing through his head he quickly scans the room for something sharp, then races out another exit to find and follow his uncle to where ever they may be taking him.

This could prove all his stories true...
And if it did, it meant he was in grave danger.

[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Move Silently
[roll2] Hide
[roll3] Listen

You follow the guards as they take back streets that have been abandon for a long time and come across a large group of guards about a dozens worth. In the center Alduran was in the middle. The bag opened up and fredrick came spilling out.

"Fredrick you have been telling these stories for to long my father might have put up with it out of respect but it ends here." Pointing to the tunnel he says, "You are exiled, everybody knows those that are sentenced here never return. So go. Nobody will miss your crazy rantings nobody would even care not even your family. As we speak my men are searching for the rest of your despicable family and are going to bring them to the same fate." He says with a mad smile.

Fredrick looks at him horrified "Leave my family out of this! They didn't do anything wrong!"

Alduran says scornfully "If you cut a branch off a tree it would grow back you have to cut it down from the roots as my father always said."

Fredrick retorts "You dont even know what a tree is you little brat! I will accept your exile and leave just promise me that you will leave my family alone there young sure they might fight or mess around but there just children please..."

"Old man i will leave them alone if you give a limb for the remaining two and arm and a leg and you would have to crawl out here that's the only way i will spare them." He stays with a dark smile.

Fredrick grabs a guards sword making the rest draw there's but he holds his hands up showing he wouldn't hurt anyone. With two quick slashes he fell to the ground to the guards surprise. Laying next to Fredrick was an arm...and a leg...

"Now keep your promise i will go if someone spares an arm and a leg for me." He says as a last joke. Lavan walks up and lifts him off the ground and carries him to the tunnel with a tear coming down his face as he carried him (They were close friends) there he placed him down. And Fredrick patted him on the back and started a slow crawl through the cave.

Alduran says under his breath "Crazy fool..." and walks away with two of his guards leaving the normal ten guarding the tunnel.

Holy-hunter
2015-05-17, 01:17 AM
Every cell in Anzu's body was screaming for him to do something! To stop this madness, to end this joke...
But he couldn't, he couldn't fight, he couldn't move, he couldn't even breath. It wasn't until Alduran and his guards left that Anzu finally exhaled. He hadn't realised how long he was holding his breath but with it came a wave of uncontrollable tears.
His horror, sorrow and sadness was shed in silence, as he peeled himself from his hiding spot and ran off into town.
His first stop was back home where he collected his throwing stars, grabbed some items and clothes he needed then ran off into town to collect the rest.

Things he will try buy as quick as possible if not available at his home.

Caltrops
Healing kit & ingredients specific to Fredric's wound.
Rope - grappling hook
Crutch - for Fredric
Torch - few (or lantern)
Rations
Flint and steel
Bed roll & Blanket
Note pad, ink & pen
Chalk

He has to be quick, his uncle's life is on the line.
He leaves a quick note for his brother, detailing the past events and warning him not to confront anyone over the issue as it is too dangerous. He hides it in the kitchen as to give himself a few days before it is found.

The bottom of the note is signed,
Its all true! Warn others in secret.
Going to fetch uncle, Don't follow.

See you again soon

Love from your brother
Anzu

And a short time later Anzu returns to that horrid spot. His uncles blood still fresh on the floor. His stomach churning as he swallows a knot in his throat he heads straight up to the guards, gear in hand, he walks right up to Lavan. "Let me pass"

LegendaryKnight
2015-05-17, 03:16 PM
Every cell in Anzu's body was screaming for him to do something! To stop this madness, to end this joke...
But he couldn't, he couldn't fight, he couldn't move, he couldn't even breath. It wasn't until Alduran and his guards left that Anzu finally exhaled. He hadn't realised how long he was holding his breath but with it came a wave of uncontrollable tears.
His horror, sorrow and sadness was shed in silence, as he peeled himself from his hiding spot and ran off into town.
His first stop was back home where he collected his throwing stars, grabbed some items and clothes he needed then ran off into town to collect the rest.

Things he will try buy as quick as possible if not available at his home.

Caltrops
Healing kit & ingredients specific to Fredric's wound.
Rope - grappling hook
Crutch - for Fredric
Torch - few (or lantern)
Rations
Flint and steel
Bed roll & Blanket
Note pad, ink & pen
Chalk

He has to be quick, his uncle's life is on the line.
He leaves a quick note for his brother, detailing the past events and warning him not to confront anyone over the issue as it is too dangerous. He hides it in the kitchen as to give himself a few days before it is found.

The bottom of the note is signed,
Its all true! Warn others in secret.
Going to fetch uncle, Don't follow.

See you again soon

Love from your brother
Anzu

And a short time later Anzu returns to that horrid spot. His uncles blood still fresh on the floor. His stomach churning as he swallows a knot in his throat he heads straight up to the guards, gear in hand, he walks right up to Lavan. "Let me pass"

"Im afraid I can't do that Anzu, You know the rules." He stays without even a single shred of emotion. He grabs your hand and walks about 30ft away staying "Don't come back this way."

But Anzu felt something in his hands that was not there before. A small piece of paper reading.

I saw you. And i know you know what happens the guards change shifts in 2 hours you will have 15 minutes to get by. Gather some people otherwise you will not be able to get out of the tunnel alive.

Holy-hunter
2015-05-17, 08:02 PM
Anzu's mind raced over the note repetitively, even though it was simple he had to be sure. In 2hours there would be a 15 minute window. It couldn't be read any other way.
For a second he wondered if he could trust Lavan... Either way this was a much better plan then getting himself exiled. But would Fredric still be alive, was he still alive?

With 10 stubborn guards Anzu didn't have much choice, arguing what he saw may get him exiled but it may take even longer to get Alduran to order it, if he didn't have him jailed or murdered.
No this was defiantly the best course of action, but who... Who would help him on this suicidal mission for an old crazy man?

Anzu heads to the pub, maybe he can find someone
drunk and stupid enough to agree. He will detour through the festival though, keeping an eye out for anyone who stands out. Keeping track of time.

Metroid33
2015-05-17, 08:26 PM
"Sure man let's go," Cedric says leading the way towards the Inn.

LegendaryKnight
2015-05-18, 12:33 PM
It takes Anzu a half hour but he reaches an inn some people are merrily drunk while others are passed out from drinking to much.

(Same in as the others.)

LuckyStrike
2015-05-18, 11:38 PM
Having walked around the festival and seeing all the children's games being played, Antonio could only agree. "Yes, this isn't nearly as interesting as I had hoped. What say we relocate to the tavern? Find a quiet corner, and talk."

'Sure thing. I could use a beer.' Snow says enthusiastically.

Cognomeng
2015-05-18, 11:48 PM
"Onwards then my fellows. To the place where the drink flows!" Antonio leads them to the tavern where he lays claim to a booth and orders a round of fungus brew for himself and his current companions.

Holy-hunter
2015-05-19, 02:31 AM
Anzu is emotionally and physically exhausted by the time he pushes through the heavy tavern doors.
As he struggles to gain his breath, he shifts the weight of all his adventure gear tied to him and scans the tavern for the biggest baddest guy he can find.

There, over in a booth, sitting alone with a heavy amount of drink he notices a monster of a man, albeit shady and a bit rough looking, but that's exactly what he was after.

"Ah excuse me sir, I need your help!"
Anzu sputters in a soft spoken voice, Standing on the tips of his toes to look over the table and talk to this man. Talking to strangers was more his brothers forte, so to help himself through it he quickly snatches the mans ale and takes a big swig then stumbles on.

"My uncle cut off his leg so the guards wouldn't kill me now he's exiled down the cave and there's a 15 minute window where they swap shifts that we have to get to in an hour and half and you see it's probably dangerous and I'm not much of a fighter but all his stories were true and something's got to be done but we need to save him first because he was just trying to warn us and well.... I'm scared..."

The words race out of the little halflings mouth with a breath being taken only at the end.
He didn't realise the group that assisted Fredrick before was in the next booth and easily would have overheard.

Anzu just stands there and looks up at the man, hope in his teary eyes.

Metroid33
2015-05-20, 12:56 PM
Cedric drinks his ale quietly and loosely notices Anzu talking to the man behind him but doesn't take much interest in him. More intent on his drink and eyeing any ladies that might be around before Antonia sees them.

Cognomeng
2015-05-21, 04:43 PM
Antonio eyes Anzu and keeps watching that interaction, but doesn't stop flirting with Snow and sipping at his fungus brew.

LegendaryKnight
2015-05-21, 07:28 PM
The big man clearly drunk takes the little brat that started yelling in his face grabs Anzu and throws him ten feet away making him crash into the wall.

Holy-hunter
2015-05-21, 09:59 PM
As Anzu, in mortified shock, dusted himself off and stood up looking at the man he felt something he hadn't felt in along time and in a way he couldn't simply suppress right now.
It was rage!
Grabbing the nearest mug he will hurtle it at his opponent.

([roll0][roll1])

Rnd 2
Even though angered Anzu is still somewhat scared and cautious, pulling his agression to defend himself. (Fighting defensively +3 AC -4attack) his next senseless move is to charge and punch the man who threw him.

[roll2][roll3]
(AC = 20 for this round)

Metroid33
2015-05-26, 05:22 AM
Cedric stands up to face them big man, "Hey what was that for whatever they guy do to get thrown across these room? "