PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Psuedo-Quarut

Pinkcrusade
2015-05-13, 04:06 PM
Salutations, Playground.

I am creating a new character for a campaign, and I have decided to play a Gish based around preventing others (mostly spellcasters, due to them having access to such) from abusing the flow of time, much like a Quarut (from Fiend Folio, page 102).

How would I go about accomplishing such? Are certain spells appropriate for suspending use of time alteration? Also, would there be any way to detect when certain spells are cast and then locating the individual?

Thanks.

Hrugner
2015-05-13, 05:24 PM
You would need something like foresight to know that someone was casting a spell or producing an effect that would harm you or your target. At that point you'd know when someone was planning on altering time and would have the opportunity to stop them from doing so. Honestly, time traveling too far into the past should set off every active foresight spell and gather many angry high level spellcasters hell bent on putting a stop to it, so a dedicated time cop probably wouldn't be necessary.

However, if you are a time cop who gets called in whenever everyone's foresight starts ringing at the same time, then you'd probably need large amounts of high saving throw divinations to track down time-jerk before he gets too far along in his activities.

3.x doesn't have a very robust set of time travel spells resistances and all that sort of thing. You could cook up a whole parallel list of time based spells, saves and resistances based on the rules for magic if you wanted something more complete.