PDA

View Full Version : K.N.A.V.E.S. Headquarters II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 09:20 PM
Welcome to K.N.A.V.E.S! We're the first Town's major PC antagonist group! That isn't another cult, that is. We're more the "league of evil" types. Muahahaha!"

The Killing of the Not-Able-to-Vote Ending Solution Party is situated in an ominous fortress that very much reflects its supposed goals, even if its name only states a small part of what the party really stands for. This blackened stone building (An average castle, containing all standard castle rooms and, in total, about 15 assorted rooms on level 1 and 2 each, and about 5 on level 3), situated in a limb of the governmental district, is dormant and mostly secretive until the event of an election.
In the event of an election, the block-like central fort and imposing defensive walls light up and spring into action. The gates of the outer wall close, but the doors of the main building spring open. Lanterns along the wall and torches inside the fort light without assistance, and mailed soldiers with black tabards (embroidered on the front and back with the image of a scale of justice, in crimson) patrol the walls, clanking in unison. Every soldier (NPC) wears an identical mask, a perfectly smooth steel faceplate with nothing but slits to expose the face, vertical over the mouth and horizontal over the eyes. This is when the Party does not operate its evil "law enforcement" in secret, but rather, publicly, for one day only. The thinly-veiled totalitarian "party" has dedicated itself to the extermination of non-voters particularly, but as well any and all who do not directly support the infrastructure of the town. Despite the fact that the government does not want the party's help, it keeps its actions steady and defends itself expertly against interlopers and even the rejection of its own political system. (Note: I frown upon people simply saying "I walk right in" but particularly detailed or original ways of getting will be enjoyed. Or you could just, you know, stand at the gate and the guards'll let you in if you're not a blatant enemy.)

PARTY STRUCTURE

UNIFORM:
The party uniform is standard, a combination black tabard and double-breasted coat. Room is allowed for members to customize, to a degree, as members must still be recognizable as members when within the headquarters. Anyone above NPC soldier rank is issued an evil-looking hat, hood or mask (requests may be made) and allowed to choose a new name (below) within the organization. When at base, all members must wear the image of a scale somewhere so as to not be misidentified as a usurper.

NAMES:
Party Monikers are constructed as such:

Prefix: "The, Mister, Madam, Comrade, Sir," or another title of some sort.
Suffix: A single word pertaining in some way to law and government. Even if, say "Habeas Corpus," is cool, a simple "Lord Corpus," or "Agent Habeas" should suffice.
Thus, every name should be two words, such as "Armiger Executive" or "Miss Jury," although exceptions will be allowed when deemed appropriate (Ie: "Ringleader Veto" could become "The Ringleader Veto" or "Ring Leader Veto" without too much struggle)

DUTIES/PARTY GOALS:
Except for the lowest of NPCs, K.N.A.V.E.S Party members have a surprising amount of freedom. Although the organization's public goal is to eliminate non-voters, its overall function is as a dark and cruel not-so-secret police. Its members effectively work double lives (except for the truly dedicated), normal citizens by day and vigilantes of the worst sort by night. So long as justice is served seasoned with blood, the K.N.A.V.E.S Party is happy.

Repeated, this organization is not meant to be an obligation, but rather a fun way to feel like a total villain, and then go right back to doing whatever your character was doing, be it evil or good. You have no restrictions when set to uphold the law your way. Tired of the police? Come to us. Don't want to have to work for us all the time but interested? Then join and just work when you feel like it. I'd always like to see this grow into a bigger group, because I'm always seeing Tyranids and Necromongers, but never a player character league of evil. And even then, we have room for vigilantes and, at the most extreme, heroes. Now join and let's get tyrannical!

To join, simply approach and you should be met eventually. After a suitable amount of RP, you will be issued a uniform, a helm/hat/hood/other, and a name. The uniform is standardized until you work on it yourself, but the headgear and name are requested by you as you join. If you do not specify, it is up to the judgement of the recruiter. If you wait for too long and a recruiter is not available, feel free to NPC-RP the situation (to an extent) before noting the name and hat you will be known by, as well as whether you are applying as a Soldado, Guardia, Torturador, or Artensano. It's also interesting to give a description of what your character would look like in full uniform, once your coat/tabard has been fully customized.

NOTE: The castle IS destructible. Indestructible buildings take away so many possibilities, and it's not that hard to say "I rebuild it" afterward.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 09:21 PM
((Second post made so that I can simply edit this one to add members, rather than skipping past all the filler))

JOINING and MEMBERS:
A prospective member need only approach the gates to be allowed a path to the fort. If he strays so much as an inch onto the grounds, he is considered a threat, but as long as he beelines to the castle he is safe. Any member may meet him there and document his allegiance and request of name and uniform, but Clergyman State controls the ultimate decision for order's sake (Ironic, because the Party prides itself on voting). The only truly mandatory dates of servitude are election dates, and as well these are the days when, rather than just acting the evil police, the party lives up to its name.

NOTE: The K.N.A.V.E.S. organization is a very "double-life" ish setting. It is intended as an opening to play a character as a Lawful Evil or Neutral (or possibly LG if he's obsessive) villain and then go right back to RPing him or her normally. For instance, Namesake is a Paladin/Purifier while Clergyman State is a Blackguard/Corrupt Avenger. This is meant to be fun, not a responsibility or obligation.

The positions are:

DICTADOR
May step down and appoint a Vice Dictador on occasion.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/StateAvi.jpg
Clergyman State-Lyandis Strewen Alemnon, formerly Namesake (Necropaladin)

RELATED:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/DistrictAvi.jpg
District-No other name. State's messenger, appearing as a teeny tiny tap-dancing State who wears a sombrero. State has very little, if any, control over District.

Police State-Revenant (Necropaladin). Revenant the Police State is Clergyman State's personal bodyguard. A living embodiment of divine tyranny, Revenant is the result of State turning the corpse of Maph'Tey (Rebonack) into a perfect servant. TRAITOR
CIRCULO INTERNO
Advisors to the Dictador, may veto a blatantly self-destructive order. The Party's survival is necessary even before the Dictador's. Access to all rooms but The Chapel.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/IlluminarioAvi.jpg
Seductivo Illuminario-Arha (wxdruid)

OFICIALES
Can be issued a set amount of Soldados or NPCs for missions. Can request things of the Party. Have access to room and board within the compound, and the second level of the castle.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/CzarAvi.jpg
Czar Prohibition-Tom (The Geomancer)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/JusticeAvi.jpg
The Blind Justice-Iridaceae (Rebonack)

SOLDADOS
Basic Rank, issued uniform and name. Have access to an extensive armory but only the first level of the three-story castle.

The Jury-Random's Creations (Gnrlshrimp)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/DallAvi.jpghttp://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/SylkAvi.jpg
Shadow Spy and Fire Judge-Dall and Sylk (Goblin Music)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/JudicialAvi.jpg
Enforcer Judicial-Darkblade (darkblade)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/ConvictionAvi.jpg
Sir Conviction-Jacobus Hyde (Warpfire777)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/ManalAvi.jpg
Angel of the Judges-Manal (Manal)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/PrisonAvi.jpg
Comrade Prison-Shalashaska (Reptilus)

Archduke Sua Sponte-Rex (Jacklu) RESOLVED
Master Tonans-Jarvis (flabbicus)
Baron Law-The robot knight man-thing who never really bothered to have a name written up for him (Nightwing)

GUARDIAS (or "Constables")
A less dedicated Soldado, acting as a kind of vigilante policeman. These nonextremist agents are employed with diplomat-class Papeles Especializados and Artesanos to soften the Party's image. They are also the most likely to show themselves in public during daylight hours without a disguise.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/ClayAvi.jpg
The Law-Clay (Kyrian)

Doctor "Doc" War-Malleo the Mad (Necropaladin)
GUARDIAS DE CHEIF
This rank is to Guardia as Oficial is to Soldado, composed of non-extremist officers who operate as a kind of self-employed police chief. Aside from their nonlethal tactics and willingness to operate in public, they otherwise serve as Oficiales.

None (as of yet)
ARTESANOS and other NONCOMBATIENTES
Cooks, smiths, propagandists, architects and the like who work within the complex. May also hold other ranks.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/CastellanAvi.jpg
Castellan Corpus-Alfred (J.W. Wells)-Legal Advisor to State

Master Causa-Sunn (Shadow of the Sun)-Apprentice to Prof. Affadavit, both within KNAVES and outside the organization. Very bad at wearing hats. ON PROBATION

ARTESANOS HOLDING OTHER RANKS:

Fire JudgeSylk (Goblin Music)-Lantern Management Class (I just made up that title)
Attorney of Fate-Amy (Manal)-Owner of a K.N.A.V.E.S-friendly restaurant.
Doctor "Doc" War-Malleo the Mad (Necropaladin)-Researcher. Like Affadavit, but specializing in chemicals.

ARTESANOS PRINCIPALES
A fairly self-explanatory rank, these are the master artesans among us. This is the hardest Oficial-level promotion to get, due to the fact that it relies solely on noncombat accomplishments.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/AffadavitAvi.jpg
Professor Affadavit-Random (Gnrlshrimp)-Research and Development K.N.A.V.E

PAPELES ESPECIALIZADOS
Assassins, diplomats, anyone who doesn't just go out and enforce a sick image of the law the standard way. These members additionally carry Soldado or Oficial rank (or the good and evil offshoots above and below), as Papele Especializado does not signify power in the organization.

The Blind Justice-Oficial Rank, Our resident alien body-snatcher for subterfuge and espionage. Mentor of Shadow Spy, a saboteur.
Professor Affadavit-Artesan Principal Rank, employs "creations" rather than involving himself. He is a Soldado and Noncombatiente both, but only counts as one member.
Czar Prohibition-Oficial Rank, serves as a mobile garbage disposal that gets rid of all the incriminating bodies and turns them into fertilizer. Not getting any more graphic than that.
Castellan Corpus-Artesano Rank, is the official law K.N.A.V.E. And we don't mean law enforcement, we mean legalization. After all, with the right forms, any of our members could pass off their actions as religious expression...
TORTURADORES
The members that are the very most evil and most desensitized to killing are dropped into this rank, which always carries Oficial or greater status. Gain access to The Scar, an extensive prison underneath the Headquarters. Serve as torturers for the powerful foes that the party does not kill outright. When on outside missions, Torturadores act as the anti-Guardia; they almost always go for the kill, or at least pain.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/TerroremAvi.jpg
Magister Terrorem-Crucius (Nevrmore)

VERDUGOS
Verdugos are the worst of the Torturadores, serving exclusively as executioners. A scuffle with this Anti-Guardia de Cheif will result in outright death or victory for the enemy, with no in-between.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/VerdictAvi.jpg
Inquisitor Verdict-Aesa (Vael)

ASSOCIATES:
Not a rank at all, but simply those allowed into the complex that are not part of the organization, whether they want to be acknowledged or not. Can apply for membership. Associate status is attainable by anyone who assists the party, shares its goals (although that is up to judgement), or even sympathizes with it. Associate status must be declared if it is not shown through direct assistance, and is repealable by those of Oficial status or greater (though a higher rank may stop a lower rank from doing so)

Destro Yersul
All members of AMEN, an allied organization. AMENites have instant access to the Castle by means of a magical portcullis.

PUNISHMENT RANKS:

ON PROBATION
These are the members who have fallen out of State's favor...They are not enemies to the organization, but they are stripped of their title and considered civilians (and thus, free targets if they break the law) until further notice. Members on probation do not share the benefits of a standard member until State deems them worthy to reenter, but they are protected from retribution by other members solely based on the action that put them on probation.

Cases of Probation will be kept in record, even once they have expired, as multiple offenses will instigate harsher punishment, possibly even the mantle of a traitor.

Clay-Formerly "The Law" (Kyrian) OVER
-Standard Probation (8 Days)
-For refusing orders from a superior officer, and insulting said superior. Normally, this warrants expulsion, but he was not the aggressor of the situation. State orders, repeat, orders that there be no vengeance taken for this action as Clay is not hostile. Clay is still allowed in headquarters, but will hold no authority.

Sunn-Formerly "Master Causa" (Shadow of the Sun)
-Selective Probation (Ends once a specific action is taken)
-For attempting to free a prisoner (Tabitha). This would have been an offense warranting expulsion like Clay's, but she was the member assigned to the prisoner in the first place, thus making this State's mistake as well. Various hostilities dissuaded, namely between Sunn, Terrorem, and Verdict (who is in charge of Tabitha now). Affadavit's apprentice will remain on probation until Tabitha has been dealt with.

TRAITORS

Kill these scum on sight. These former members deserve no penalty but eternal damnation, as even the Death penalty is too lenient.

These cases will be considered targets for open hostility until the case is resolved.

Archduke Sua Sponte RESOLVED
Rex tried to rob Czar Prohibtion, before sparring with him, Sir Conviction, and Comrade Prison. Case resolved when Rex was given the deal to leave, pay a fine, and never return, as s/he did no permanent damage.

Police State
Revenant nearly killed our illustrious leader, and fought both Czar Prohibition and Magister Terrorem (and Maph'tey) refusing arrest all the while. Revenant is not an immediate target (State still has reservations about him) but is to be considered hostile and attacked if he involves himself in actions against any KNAVE or associate thereof.

OTHER NOTABLE GROUPS:

NPCs

Not joinable, but notable nontheless. These guys are mostly if you want someone to talk to but no other KNAVES are on. NPCs are communal control-open.

Arrives-The first named NPC K.N.A.V.E. An expert diplomat who hides the fact that he gets really giddy when a plan goes off without a hitch. Control Arrives as overly grim and serious, but then all giggly when he does something to benefit the organization. He's pretty much just here for if you want to sign up but no recruiters are online, or if you want to bargain with K.N.A.V.E.S for our weaponry, etc, without going through the wait of talking to Affadavit, War, or other makers of interesting equipment. Be aware Affadavit's guns do tend to kill non-K.N.A.V.E.S, though.

Arrives speaks in DarkSlateGray. Sign here, please.

Captain Orwell-The leader of the Statesmen, usually under NecroPaladin's control but I make exceptions. He's a tough-talkin', all business skeletal son-of-a-gun. Very commando-type, and very agreeable as long as you belong to a rank that ensures violence. Lots and lots of violence. Although it's not as realistic as signing on with Arrives, Orwell can also recruit if there's no players around to recruit you. He does do business with outside organizations, though, so he may be good if you want to hire yourself on as a mercenary rather than a member.

Captain Orwell gives his orders in Sienna! Hoowah!

RANK-AND-FILE

The little shock troops and mindless, nameless NPCs that keep us going.

BASIC KNAVES:
Otherwise called "NPC Soldados," these soldiers are everywhere and fill in the minion economy like kindling. Yep, we sure do burn through 'em without regret. We're horrible people.

Basic KNAVES answer to any PC KNAVE.

JURY MEMBERS:
These odd robots fill in for the heavy lifting jobs. They can also shapeshift. A jury member is about 10 times less useless than a basic KNAVE.

Jury Members answer to Professor Affadavit.

THE STATESMEN:
These are a batallion of 41 skeletal men (the forty-first is Captain Orwell) whose souls return to the Chapel on death. They are only slightly harder to kill than the standard soldiers, but they are better trained and respawn in the Chapel when killed.

The Statesmen answer to Captain Orwell, who answers to Clergyman State.

SHADOW TROOPS:
A large contingent of men and women from the Plane of Shadows that State has twisted into believing his fascist agenda. They despise "light-walkers," and consider having a shadow a crime punishable by death. They dress in full body uniforms and have umbrellas on their weapons for protection's sake. A shadow troop is more dedicated than a normal troop, and also partially incorporeal (and thus able to take more hits). However, they are helpless if left exposed to light without protection.

Shadow Troops answer to Clergyman State.

And remember,
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,K-dot-N-dot-A-dot-V-dot-E-dot-S-dot-,red,black.png (http://www.sloganizer.net/en/)

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 09:24 PM
Sir Conviction rides in, looking angry as he often does. "Where is that little bitch and that bastard of a knight.." He continues to mutter angrily to himself as he rides into the courtyard.

((Congrats on second thread. :smallamused:))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 09:27 PM
((Thanks.))

Malleo entertains himself by loading his arm with red vials, and then shooting them off like fireworks, watching them explode in the air.

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 09:29 PM
"What the hell are you doing?" Conviction dismounts from his demonic steed and dismisses it.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 09:31 PM
"What does it look like I'm doing? Testing my chemicals. Don't worry, they're quite harmless from this far away."

He adds a powder to one of them, and it fizzes as he loads it into the barrel and points up.

"What color you think the explosion's gonna be? I'm guessing..."

He actually appears to be thinking as though this were relevant, worthwile research.

"Blue."

He fires.

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 09:34 PM
"Black." Conviction smirks and attempts a minor, cosmetic illusion spell to make it so as soon as the vial explodes.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 09:37 PM
The vial starts to explode yellow...then turns black and implodes.

"WOAH! How'd you do that??? What spell was that? I've never had one implode before!"

He pulls a tiny notepad out of his arm and begins frantically writing things down.

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 09:38 PM
Conviction raises his eyebrows and generally looks suprised. "That's rather strange...all I did was cast a cosmetic illusion spell."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 09:41 PM
"Maybe it was just because it was exposed to magic in general."

He mixes the same chemicals again, not even considering that Conviction pretty much just admitted he was cheating. He loves his work too much to care. Soon enough, he has the same bright red mixture.

Grinning, he loads the bullet/vial and aims up again.

"You got any simple spell to, I dunno, change the shape of the glass or something? Just any kinda magic that isn't the same thing and isn't heat-based, because temperature change could throw the product off."

He pauses, then fires.

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 09:44 PM
Sir Conviction nods, now rather curious about Malleo's work. "Alright..." He tries a spell that should change the vial into the shape of a globe.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 09:46 PM
He never gets to see the globe, as the mixture implodes nigh instantly.

"Hahahahaha! Yes! YES!"

Malleo cheers and whoops, kicking his legs with glee. Abruptly, he falls backwards off the bench but doesn't appear to be bothered in the slightest.

"Heeheeheehee!"

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 09:47 PM
Sir Conviction looks over at Malleo. "You alright over there?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 09:52 PM
"Why do you ask? Oh, I fell. Silly me!"

He rights himself, frantically scratches away at his notepad before mixing the materials again, concentrating the dose to what would seem to be a dangerous amount to be contained in just one little tube.

He runs out of the gates, places it on the pavement, and then runs back to the entry square with Conviction. At 60 feet away, the tiny glass vial is barely visible.

"Okay, now magic it."

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 09:53 PM
Conviction nods, and with a flick of his hand, the vial should turn into a globe like before.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 09:59 PM
It decompresses and implodes with enough force to lift a 4x4 chunk of cobblestone and dirt out of the street in a dome, like a reverse crater.

This, of course, cues maniacal laughter from the chemist, who claps his hands with excitement.

"It's like an anti-grenade!"

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 10:01 PM
"So..." Conviction rubs his chin, thinking. "What exactly would happen to someone caught in the radius?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 10:07 PM
"I doubt that they'd get permanently altered like the ground there, but it does mean that anyone even beyond the immediate blast would get sucked into the center of the implosion like a bug in a hurricane."

He pauses, thinking about it.

"Actually, if you wanted everyone within fifteen feet to crack their skulls at three hundred miles per hour, you could probably set this thing off on an iron block. Don't know how many iron blocks are lying around, but..."

Malleo shrugs and trails off.

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 10:14 PM
"The iron block thing probably isn't reasonable, but I can still see this being useful." Conviction walks over to the dome, inspecting it. "Is there any way you could distribute it in a way that doesn't require a spellcaster every time one is used?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 10:19 PM
"Maybe some kinda fuse that does the magic for you? It's not unreasonable. Not to mention iron block or not, this is gonna floor everyone not built to withstand a tornado."

Malleo casually mixes a few others, tossing three to Conviction.

"Here's a few prototypes, you can use them better than a magically-impaired bloke like myself until we find another way of setting them off."

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 10:23 PM
Conviction nods and catches the three vials and puts them away. "Thanks. I'll see what I can do about that fuse. A couple devils I know that might be able to know..." He takes a seat somewhere. "So have you actually become a part of the organization yet?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 10:25 PM
He frowns.

"You think shooting explosives into the air is important K.N.A.V.E.S duty? No, I haven't."

((Tough luck, Czar. :smallamused: ))

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 10:26 PM
"I was just wondering. I could recruit you, if you like..."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 10:27 PM
"Finally!"

He sighs and slumps in his chair.

"So what needs to be done, bossman?"

((It feels so weird to be on the recruited end...*shiver*))

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 10:33 PM
"Well..." Conviction starts digging through his pockets for papers that probably shouldn't be there. "You're going to need a knave name, which is a combination of a tile, like 'Mister' or 'Lord', and a term of law. Also, you'll need to pick out a hat and a uniform. Ah, there we go." He pulls out some papers. They're black, and decorated in demonic imagery. The dotted line at the bottom seems to be on fire, somehow. He frowns.

"Wait, these are the papers for signing away your soul into service in the Blood War." He stows the papers and starts looking for the correct ones.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 10:34 PM
Suddenly, Malleo is extremely glad that he isnt' quite eager enough to sign the first thing he sees.

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 10:36 PM
"Aha! Here we are." Conviction pulls the papers from where they normally are. That is, out of nowhere. He hands them over to Malleo.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 10:45 PM
He mulls over them with a giddy anticipation, before running off to get dressed in uniform, still clutching the forms.

He returns wearing a black labcoat and an armband emblazoned with a K.N.A.V.E.S scale. He clamps a welder's mask over his face.

"Oh man, I've been WANTING one of these. It would have saved me so many painful cheek burns."

His voice echoes with a metallic, yet muffled overtone inside the mask. He hands Conviction the papers, signed as "Doctor War."

((He's making a rare choice, and going into the guardia branch, as he doesn't want to do killing if he doesn't have to. He's less evil than he is neutral with absolutely no consideration that maybe other people don't want to be part of his tests.))

"Doc War's catchy, I think. Makes me sound significantly more intimidating than my pink hair usually allows."

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 10:48 PM
Sir Conviction takes the papers and puts it away somewhere. "Congratulations, you are now a KNAVE. Welcome to the organization."

"A Guardia?" Conviction reads the papers that are suddenly in his hands increduosly.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 10:54 PM
With the sound of a conveyor belt, his mechanical arm springs into a salute.

"Thank you, sir!... Hehehehe, I've always wanted to do that."

Seemingly bamboozled by Conviction's surprise, he states matter-of-factly,

"Yeah. Living subjects are better for an experiment's sake than dead ones, because dead ones don't react."

Rather than finding an enclosed space, he just sets up an open-air research station in the castle grounds, and toys with various nasty-looking liquids.

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 10:57 PM
Conviction puts aways the papers again and shakes his head. "An Abyss-damned guardia, come on..."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 11:00 PM
((Doesn't mean that he won't kill, just means that he likes to try various usually-nonlethal effects on them before the big guns move in.))

Doc War giggles delightedly as he pours some sort of genetic enzyme on a poor, innocent daffodil.

When the unnasuming flower grows humanoid teeth and bites his leg, he's not quite as delighted.

"Gah!"

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 11:02 PM
Sir Conviction makes his way over to Doc War to see what's wrong. "What's going-" He realizes what's happening and smacks his palm into his forehead. "You're being attacked by a flower..."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 11:05 PM
"I think it's a suitable secondary accomplishment, having just made a reverse grenade."

He pouts and crosses his arms indignantly.

*grrrrrrrrrrrr!*

He winces with pain as he pulls the snarling daffodil off his leg, before placing it in a flowerpot.

"Well...now that I know that I can make these, too...apparently...can you think of any possible use for 'em?"

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 11:07 PM
Sir Conviction thinks for a moment. "Send anonymous bouquets full of them to targets."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 11:16 PM
The thing crawls out of its flowerpot, using its roots as legs, and makes a ridiculous (for its size) 3-foot leap that latches onto Doc War's shoulder.

"Owww!" His eyes bulge beneath the mask and he tenses up. Then...he just kind of slowly looks down at it, and stares.

"grar! rarararar!"

"First, I doubt I can get it to stay in a boquet for long. And second, once you get used to the first sting it's just kind of annoying."

He looks down at the vials on the table and back at the flower.

"I mean, it's not even able to bite all the way through my skin. Just doesn't have the strength. The only things these'll do is be a-"

He flicks it off, at which point it begins to flap its leaves like wings.

"-nuisance."

At this point he realizes that there is a speeding flower on a crash course for his ankle.

"I didn't know it could fly. Interes-AUGH!"

He begins to shake is leg while hopping on one foot.

"Stay off dammit! I bet you're not even trying to eat me, just biting because you like to bite!"

While hopping around, he is swallowed by deadtime.

Warpfire
2007-04-19, 11:19 PM
Conviction sighs wearily. "I don't know. How the hell are we supposed to find a use for them? The whole concept is flawed."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-19, 11:56 PM
In a short bit out of deadtime before redeadtiming, he locks the thing in a miniscule lockbox.

"I'll do more testing in the morning. With thick leather gloves. And it would have to have a concept first to be flawed; I don't know what I was thinking."

He sets out a little tent in his outdoor research station, and goes to sleep there, leaving a tiny, angry box bouncing up and down on the table.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-20, 02:50 AM
The real Affadavit walks in, sits at his bench in the research area, hangs a sign up saying: DO NOT DISTURB! and starts streaming out equations.

darkblade
2007-04-20, 12:35 PM
Enforcer looks at the tent and mutters to himself "Wow another evil genius its almost like we got ourselves a monoply,"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-20, 01:14 PM
Affadavit looks up. "You mean Doc War? He's a genius alright but he doesn't seem all that evil...Maybe he is evil, but if he is he doesn't show it."

darkblade
2007-04-20, 01:31 PM
"You got to be somewhat evil to work with us."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-20, 01:34 PM
((Or neutral but with a twisted mind.))

"If you say so." Affadavit shifts aside the huge stack of paper. (His right arm is still limp but I've grown tired of reminding people.) "Anything interesting going on at the moment? I've been so busy with my work that I haven't been paying much attention to things."

darkblade
2007-04-20, 01:54 PM
"Not much." Enforcer replies "Do you really think its a good idea to leave the gun's diamonds lying about the compound? I mean as dedicated to the law as we are someone could make a killing on those."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-20, 01:56 PM
((Cue evil grin!))

"Self-destruct mechanisms." He grins evilly. "Big explosion... And only I know how to disable it. So if anyone wonders off with my guns... BOOM!" He chuckles, then dead time grabs him.

darkblade
2007-04-20, 02:16 PM
shortly before he is also consumed by deadtime Enforcer mumbles to himself "Mental note don't piss of Affadavit,".

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-20, 02:23 PM
Affadavit shakes off the dead time. "I'm sure I'm forgetting something...Ah yes. I haven't bothered to mention when we leave on this completely stupid 'Quest' , but since I have no idea where she is...Ah, well, I'm sure the rogue creation can pass on a message."

Goblin Music
2007-04-20, 02:28 PM
Shadow Spy looks over at the two hum...

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-20, 02:31 PM
Affadavit turns and looks at Shadow Spy. "WHAT?"

Goblin Music
2007-04-20, 02:50 PM
Hm... oh! yes?

The Geomancer
2007-04-20, 08:39 PM
Czar, who was on the ramparts the entire time, and saw everything that occurred, is frowning. If you asked him why he was frowning he would probably try to bite you. Now I am going to have to call that guy Doc War. Thats a pretty cool name, but Malleo is much better. He thinks to himself. He leaps off the ramparts, landing with a ground shaking thud. He quickly sets off towards a tree in the compound. His walk is much more upright then normal. His arms shine with a gauntlet of shining spiked scales. He arrives at the tree and leans over, picking up a very large sack that was hidden among its roots.

Goblin Music
2007-04-20, 10:08 PM
Shadow Spy watches Czar carefully.

The Geomancer
2007-04-20, 10:19 PM
Czar opens up the bag and takes out various scientific instruments and batches of chemicals. I guess having all these scientists around has put me back into a science mood. He says to himself. He proceeds to set up the equipment into an impromptu laboratory.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 12:00 AM
Intrigued by the smell of chemicals, Doc War sits bolt upright.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-21, 05:38 AM
Affadavit wakes up, and sighs, his arm is still limp. "Right, I guess I'd better get going." He stands up, and leaves.

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 10:27 AM
Sir Conviction rides out of KNAVES in search of victims to slaughter criminals to bring to justice.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-21, 10:28 AM
The shapeshifting Jury member that refuses to leave reforms itself to look like Affadavit and takes his seat behind the desk.

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 12:59 PM
(( I feel like introducing a prospective K.N.A.V.E. now. A cookie for anyone who can guess the song that inspired this character, shouldn't be too hard. ))

An unearthly scream can be heard as a man bolts upright from the ground. It looks like he was dreaming, but he certainly wasn't lying in front of the castle a moment ago. He rubs the back of his head and slaps his face a few times.

"What a horrible dream... Where am I?"

He rises from the ground and glances over at the ominous closed doors in front of him.

"I guess I should knock first..."

He reaches out to knock against the door but a current sparks between himself and the gate.

"OW! What the hell is going on here."

His fist raps against the heavy front gate, receiving only a mild shock in result.

wxdruid
2007-04-21, 02:02 PM
Illuminario wanders the lower levels of the scar, making the rounds between her selection of prisoners. All of whom tremble and cower when they hear her footsteps.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 02:49 PM
The gate opens just in time for State's clockwork nightmare to shoot through. It stops almost instantaneously, which would likely send Iris flying if she weren't hanging on to State. Nevertheless, she can still feel herself lifting off of the saddle involuntarily. The creature quickly whirls back into a tiny gear, which vanishes in a puff of smoke. Both riders are left standing in the middle of the courtyard.

"We're here. The room we're looking for is at the top of the castle."

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 02:51 PM
"Aah!"

The man dives for cover and barely misses being trampeled by the clockwork nightmare. He rises and follows them through the temporarily open gates.

The man akss in an unsure voice, "Hello? Um, I was wondering what this place is exactly?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 02:52 PM
As soon as she is sure she isn't going to fall over from the abrupt stop, Iris unhooks her hand quickly, being more than pleased to let go of the dispicable man.

"Here being?" she asks, surveying the castle critically. She looks over at the man, "Oh, it appears I'm not the only one wondering."

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 02:56 PM
As if on cue, Sir Conviction rides in through the gate atop his nightmarish steed. "Iris! You have been a fool to come to the very headquarters of K.N.A.V.E.S! For your foolishness you shall die! I will-"

Conviction suddenly cuts off as he sees State. His jaw drops open, and he just stares blankly. "Clergyman State! Did you...capture her?" As she doesn't look particularly captured, he remains looking incredibly confused.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 02:59 PM
Iris shoots a nonchalant glance at Conviction, "Oh, so that's where we are." She wanders over close to him, almost as though teasing him, "As for our little rematch, it'll have to wait for another day, darling." She gives him a fixed glare before looking back over at State.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 03:00 PM
State glances briefly at the man, more than happy to answer the same question from each of them. Both of his eyes are blue now ((Blue is State, Red is Namesake, reversed for the text they speak in. You've probably guessed that by now.))

"These are the grand halls of K.N.A.V.E.S, my little brotherhood dedicated to..."

He gesticulates with his hand, trying to find the right word,

" ...'Freelance' policing. We have our work cut out for us."

He notices that he just said this in perfect unison with Conviction.

"I captured her with words, not with swords, Conviction. It's a worthwile tactic."

His eyes turn red.

"You did not capture her. And, misguided fellow, what State means is that we're villains who are for some reason good because we kill other villains. This isn't a recruitment, State, this is a mission. Remember?

...Fine, fine. YOU!"

State whips his baton at Doc War.

"Me?"

Doc War points to himself, confused.

"Conviction just ran you through the basics. You answer the man's questions!"

"But my daffodil-"

"I don't give a damn about your daffodil! That's an order!"

Having just woken up, Doc War looks very confused as he staggers over to the man. State enters the castle, not bothering to hold the door open for Iris.

"Follow."

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 03:04 PM
"What in the Nine Hells of Baator is going on here? And why is she here if she isn't captured?" Conviction doesn't seem angry quite yet, just very confused.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 03:06 PM
A yawning Doc War stumbles over to Conviction and sits on a bench as State enters the castle.

"I was hoping you could tell me that. Is he always this cranky?"

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 03:07 PM
He backs a little bit away from Namestate, but relaxes slightly when he notices Malleo. He snickers at the pink hair but pales at the sight of his metallic arm full of test tubes. He manages to stammer out a few words in his shock.

"Y-you're arm. It's gone..."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 03:07 PM
Ignoring Conviction entirely, Iris pulls the door open for herself rather brusquely before stepping through, "Lovely bunch of freaks you've managed to dig up. I shouldn't wonder if when all is said and done I don't have a go at relieving you of a few of them."

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 03:11 PM
"Shut up, War," Conviction snarls out angrily. "All I know is that damned bitch just slipped through my fingers and I can't do a thing about it." He seems to be more talking to himself than answering War's question.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 03:14 PM
War pouts at Conviction, before smiling in a chipper manner and looking at the man. He wags his metal finger in a chastising manner.

"My arm's not gone. It's better."

---

"They're like family. My big, villainous family."

"See there! You just admitted that you're evil!"

"Since when did I deny that? I just have good intentions."

As they climb the stairs to The Chapel, Iris will likely notice the armory, the planning rooms, and lots and lots of bombs. It's fairly evident that she's in a very, very hostile place.

State slows his pace as they reach the huge doors to The Chapel, open-air and placed on the roof of the castle. Even in the light of day it looks sinister.

"Iris, may I keep that 'lovely bunch of freaks' quote? It's quite accurate."

"Shut up, Namesake. We have work to do."

"Who's the motivated one now?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 03:18 PM
"By all means. At least I won't be the only one honest enough to say it," she says, following closely behind him, eyes wandering over the rooms. "Looks like you've got your work cut out for you, Namesake," she says, using his name because she specifically means him.

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 03:22 PM
Sir Conviction dismounts and turns towards the man, glaring. "What are you doing here? Explain before I arrest you for tresspassing."

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 03:26 PM
"I just woke up here and was looking to find out where I was and why this castle is here!

"Um, it doesn't look much better."

The man cowers away from the towering form of Conviction.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 03:28 PM
"Sure, it's not exactly a looker. But do you think I care? My hair is pink. This thing is a real help in my studies. Here's a demonstration; Conviction, think fast."

Doc War spins the barrel and fires a reverse grenade at a tree.
-----

State grabs the handles on the doors.

"I swear, I'd kill you two if it weren't for that I need both of you to save my own life."

Before Iris can wonder exactly how he'd go about killing Namesake, he throws the doors open. Revenant's birthplace is revealed once more.

This is why State allows no one beyond the second floor.

The Chapel constitutes the third story of the castle. This is where State normally lives. The Chapel is effectively a small church, gothic in style but built in the Romanesque image of a militaristic place of worship. The pews are dusty and unused, and the floor, walls and columns resemble a sinister chessboard; all black and white, and no tone in between. The ribbed vaults overhead carry the image of a great red scale, and skeletal statues, parodies of the great monuments to justice and liberty, flank the altar in the center. The altar is normally where State sleeps. The scale image engraved into the altar pulses with the vile crimson energy that so sustains State.

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 03:28 PM
"I don't have time for this. War, deal with him how you see fit." Conviction mounts his horse and rides out of the headquarters, muttering curses directed at Iris, State, and the entire K.N.A.V.E.S. organization.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 03:30 PM
The reverse grenade thunks harmlessly into the wood as Doc War reloads his smoking arm.

"Aw, I needed the big guy to set it off. But don't worry, we're not all like him here. What are you doing here, anyway?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 03:31 PM
Iris' boots tap lightly on the floor as she steps inside. Looking around she wonders what precisely State/Namesake thinks they need from this place.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 03:38 PM
Iris' curiosity is sated when the priests advance.

They wear long, draping robes identical in form. They are only separable by that one is robed in black and one in red with an opposite-colored scale on the chest, and two more are the same but rather bearing the scale on their back. They all wear pleasant-looking metal masks that fully conceal their faces, their youthful, happy smiles contrasting their grim garb. Their hands and feet seem to be thrice-armored; metal lies over metal, lies over more metal, and a sound akin to an executioner's strike accompanies every movement, no matter how slight. For all the sound that is made, not one of them speaks a word.

"These four helped me bring the Angel about. They carry their orders only from the Dark Gods and me, and if anything they should know how to reverse the ritual I had them assist me in."

Reverent and bowing, he begins to talk to the priests in a dead language. The priests, oddly, have beautiful, haunting voices, although they say no understandable words.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 03:41 PM
Iris takes a seat in the pews, kicking her feet up on the one in front of her. She watches the exchange from with interest although it doesn't appear so.

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 03:44 PM
The reverse grenade thunks harmlessly into the wood as Doc War reloads his smoking arm.

"Aw, I needed the big guy to set it off. But don't worry, we're not all like him here. What are you doing here, anyway?"

"I don't know!" The man cries out in exasperation.

"One minute I was somewhere else, and then I woke up here. It makes no sense!"

The man briefly composes himself and extends his right hand to Malleo.

"In any case my name's Jarvis. Pleased to meet you."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 03:46 PM
Malleo returns the shake.

"Well, we all get lost once in a while. I saw that electricity bit; how'd you do that?"

Malleo seems more interested in finding a way to put it in a chemical than actually knowing it, evident because he takes out his notepad.
-----

The four priests speak as a collective. The red priests point to Iris while the black priests detail something to Namesake.

Namesake nods, and approaches her.

"Can you think of any sort of object close to him? They say that they must create a ward from it or else he will kill you outright without difficulty. I'm sorry if that's morbid, but they speak the truth."

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 03:52 PM
"What elecricity bit? I don't know what you-"

A sparks of lightning jumps through Matteo's arm, not enough to hurt him but enough to cause a minor shock.

"What's with all of this static electricity today??"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 03:52 PM
"There are only two things that I have that may suit," she says, putting a finger to her lips. "The first is an object he gave to me made of nails. That I have..." she looks away rather guiltily and grumbles, "That I have being fused to the umbrella."

"The second, is a glass eye, the red one that he wore briefly," Iris says. She tilts her head back a bit and sighs. "Red eye, to Namesake." The eye pops out of her pocket, although why it was there she'd never admit, and rolls along the ground to Namesake's feet.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 03:56 PM
State is about to say something snarky about keeping those objects, likely something about 'fusing', but Namesake shuts him up as he takes the glass eye, not wanting to instill any further guilt.

"Thank you."

He returns to the priests, and they gather around the altar.

-----

Malleo's already-spiky hair sticks out in all directions.

"Gneh! Th-That electricity bit!"

At this point he looks down at his left arm, and the effect that the electricity has had on it. Various vials begin to shake and he points the arm up into the air.

"Aw maaaaaaaan. This always happens. If you're skittish, cover your ears."

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 04:00 PM
"That can't be good."

Jarvis clasps his hands tightly around his ears to block out any sound.

(( No one's going to hazard a guess for what song he's based off of? ))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 04:03 PM
((I remember the image slightly, but have no idea what song.))

Malleo is blasted knee-deep into the dirt as his arm throws off a one-man fireworks show into the air, leaving a hazy rainbow cloud above the courtyard. He frantically fires off vial after vial, not wanting them to go while they're still in the arm. Eventually the entire KNAVES compound is covered in a light, bright, technicolor mist.

"Dammit, that just expended all of my ammo!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 04:04 PM
Iris pulls her both feet from the pew simultaneously and plants them firmly on the ground to stand with a rather springy motion. Boots tapping quietly all the way to a place near the altar, she watches and waits.

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 04:06 PM
(( It involves a guy in an electric chair. ))

Jarvis hesitantly removes his hands from his ears, but not before one last volley of ammunition fires off. He rubs his ears.

"You weren't kidding about those being loud... Sorry about the ammo thing.

"So is this all you guys do here?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 04:07 PM
White, blue, black, and red lightning blasts down from the Scale on the cieling, and the priests seem to have a hard time holding it down. They chant beautifully through the entire duration, though. Eventually, Namesake returns the eye to Iris. It looks utterly unchanged, save a golden chain extending from the sides.

"Wear this, and by no means remove it until this is over."

-----

"Define 'all we do.' If it's 'hurl chemicals,' I'd like it, but no."

Malleo pulls himself out of a waist-deep hole shaped roughly like his legs.

"Want to see the daffodil?"

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 04:11 PM
Jarvis shrugs, Sure, but don't people usually have a group of them?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 04:11 PM
Iris takes it looking it over briefly before throwing it over her head, stuffing it into her shirt, and pulling her hair out from the loop of the chain. "Fine, darling. This should help somehow?" It's not really a question of "will it help" as to "how will it help."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 04:12 PM
((Wait, a group for what?))

"I know that it will help, somehow. That is all they have told me."

He begins to head for the door, but the priests block Iris' path before she can follow.

"Hmm?"

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 04:15 PM
(( Oops, I meant a group of them. And by them I mean the daffodils. ))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 04:20 PM
Iris realizes she's being cut off from following Namesake/State and instinctively raises her hands a bit defensively. She aims a dangerous stare at the priests, "Unless you have something to add, move."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 04:22 PM
"No, this is just THE daffodil. He's my current experiment, and be aware that he bites."

Malleo fidgets with a small lockbox, from which tinny snarls begin emenating.

-----

A red priest speaks, his language slowly forming into understandable syllables as it reaches Iris' ears.

This is the last place that you may remove the charm without risk of harm to yourself.

He is followed by one of the blacks.

The Angel will know of your prescence, of your intentions the moment you step out of this Chapel.

The other red speaks.

This is a pivotal choice. You may hand us the charm, and put aside the tale for once and for all,

The final priest finishes,

Or you will continue on an unsure path, hero. Make your final decision before you leave this place.

The priests all stand in a wall before her, awaiting her words.

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 04:25 PM
"That thing inside the box is animated flower?

"Wait, it bites?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 04:27 PM
Iris sneers a bit at this, "I made my choice when I came. Would you try and stop me then?" She stares at them challengingly.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 04:29 PM
"Because know that Clergyman State has lied. Both paths carry almost certain death."

-----

((Oooh, y'know what would be awesome? If Olbrecht showed up for that faceoff with State before they get to Revenant, and he has to talk his way out of it))

"You'll see. He's pretty harmless, but he's damn persistent. I'm going to kill him when I'm done studying him, that's just how much I want to be done with him."

He opens the box, and stares into it, before pulling up his mask and rubbing his eyes in disbelief.

"...How did he reproduce?"

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 04:33 PM
(( I was intending for him to meet up with Conviction, get captured, and attempt to guy Namesake while in custody. But that seems a bit farfetched and impossible. Looks like I might have to pay a visit to Zurvan after all... ))

"There's more than one daffodil now?"

He pushes his hand through a head of dirty blonde hair and scratches his neck nervously.

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 04:35 PM
((Well, for one thing, Conviction isn't really interested in capturing Olbrecht. He'd rather just kill him.))

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 04:39 PM
(( Therein lies the problem. :smallwink: ))

Jarvis is suddenly swallowed by Dead Time. *Shakes fist at nice day outside.*

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 04:39 PM
Averting her eyes to the chessboard floor, Iris speaks, "Then I might as well take the one that might do some good, don't you think?" She puts a hand on her hip determinedly and looks up to the priests.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 04:40 PM
"...he must be...asexual?"

*SNARL*

"RUN."

Malleo breaks into a sprint as no less than eleven toothy flowers burst free from the box.

-----

"Your decision is wise. Go not fearfully into the breach. We are behind you."

The priests step aside and kneel in reverence to her, allowing her passage. State looks perturbed.

"What did they say?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 04:46 PM
((Vedran would be Malleo's best friend, no doubt about it. I like him myself.))

She bows her head respectfully to the priests, something she seldom deigns herself to do, before walking past them and towards the door. Facing the outside of the chapel, Iris' eyes look to State and she grins brightly at him, "That you're a liar."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 04:50 PM
State shoots an angry look at the priests, but his eyes turn red.

"I'm sure that you found little surprise in that. I'm an expert con. Let's be-"

He looks down at the rainbow cloud and the ravenous flying daffodils.

"-off."

He just kind of stands there, looking down in half confusion, half-amusement.

"Oh, this is a good omen."

Malleo, meanwhile, screams like a hooligan, frantically running in little circles being chased by flowers with teeth.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 05:00 PM
Iris looks in amusement for a few seconds, then snickers a bit, then all out chuckles. "I told you you had yourself a lovely little freakshow, darling."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 05:08 PM
"Stop LAUGHING! We are the single greatest concentrated force of law in...in..."

State stifles a laugh and then starts guffawing.

"Who am I kidding, one of my top scientists is being eaten by flowers in the middle of a rainbow. I need to take care of this before it gets out of hand."

State does something that I've been wanting to make him do for a while now. He leaps headfirst down the side of the castle, and does a double-legged kick with his irontoed boots into the stone. Screeching, he lowers himself down to the courtyard.

"Geddemoffgeddemoffgeddemoff!"

State walks over to Malleo, now covered in flowers, and begins to pluck them off before tying their leafy little wings with bootstring. They do not attempt to bite his necrotic flesh, but continue growling hungrily at poor Malleo, who is covered in bitemarks. He laughs as he piles them back into the lockbox.

"You rather defeated the moment, you know that?"

"Laugh all you want, you aren't the one who just got mauled by daffodils in the name of Science."

"By 'science', you mean my own amusement, yes?"

"I-NO! Where's the infirmary?"

Nevrmore
2007-04-21, 05:11 PM
((Hey, Necro, I was looking at your pic of Revenant in the Town Artwork thread when I realized that he looks eerily similar to a character I dreamed up for a story I had tumbling in my head for a few years. Get rid of the wings and the tail and replace the crown with a kaiser-esque helmet that covers his eyes and you have a dead ringer for what I had envisioned.

Are you psychic?))

Terrorem suddenly appears, but he was actually here the whole time.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 05:13 PM
Iris, not having the desire to throw herself off of a multiple story building, looks at the stone wall and speaks, "A staircase, if you would be so kind." Bricks begin to jut out, some of them hovering in the air to make her a staircase down.

Stepping out of the Chapel, the priests' words still in her mind, she begins to descend the stairs, looking light-hearted but feeling more weighted down.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 05:18 PM
((No, but it is a little odd that Clergyman State wears a kaiser helm. I'll have to brush up on the psionics rules, I generally don't use 'em.))

Malleo sulks and walks over to Terrorem. The short, pink-haired man points up at him, assuming more authority than he really has. He tries to emulate how State gives commands, but the welder's mask muffles it so as to be significantly less impressive. "YOU! The infirmary!"

Iris meets State at the bottom of the stairs.

"That was a laughable intermission, but the Police Station is just so slight a distance further...only a short walk, and we've reached the endgame."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 05:24 PM
Iris' grin dissipates to be replaced by a slightly irritated expression, "What am I supposed to do when we get there? Try to talk it out of him? Fight it out of him? The latter option being twice as ludicrous as it would normally be since I haven't my weapon on me."

She turns back and speaks to the wall, "Thank you. You may return to your post." The stones begin to shuffled back, shuddering a little before they take their former place within the wall.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 05:27 PM
"Hey? How come I can't tell walls what to-

Quiet. Do you know if Random's finished with its modifications? He happens to be part of the 'lovely bunch of freaks,' "

Namesake snorts and begins to laugh before punching himself across the face, likely the work of State,

"That was uncalled for. Ah yes, I was saying that we could likely have your fee waived. What were you asking again?"

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 05:31 PM
Jarvis throws his hands in front of his body as a few daffodils attempt to bite him. Electricity shoots forth from his body, shocking any flowers that come near him into a burned crisp.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 05:34 PM
Iris looks at him rather oddly, probably without him understanding why. In her head she is trying to decide whether she should like or have any respect for Namesake or not. State is obviously lumped into the "not a chance" section.

She sighs and speaks again, "I couldn't tell you if he is done or not. The..." she pauses to find a correct term, "being I spoke with told me that they might assign a drone to do it, rather than Random himself. That's about all I know of the situation, darling."

Nevrmore
2007-04-21, 05:36 PM
Malleo sulks and walks over to Terrorem. The short, pink-haired man points up at him, assuming more authority than he really has. He tries to emulate how State gives commands, but the welder's mask muffles it so as to be significantly less impressive. "YOU! The infirmary!"
Terrorem looks at Malleo.

"Uh...what?"

darkblade
2007-04-21, 05:38 PM
Enforcer presents a small bemused smile as slashes a couple of daffodils. "Too many geniuses not enough good ideas. Whose was it Affaridit's? War's"

Goblin Music
2007-04-21, 05:40 PM
After a long time Dall slowly vanishes.

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 05:40 PM
Because no one guessed it yet "Ride the Lightning" by Metallica starts playing in the background around Jarvis for no apparent reason. He looks incredibly confused and can't make out the words in the song.

(( And of course I have to go again for dinner. Later. ))

darkblade
2007-04-21, 05:44 PM
"I take it your new here. My name's Darkblade or as they call me here Enforcer Judicial," he says holding out his hand out to Jarvis "Where is that song coming from."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 05:48 PM
All daffodils are by now dead or in a box. Simultaneously, State and nine NPC soldados all point to Malleo, looking to Enforcer Judicial and answering his little question.

"War's idea." "War's" "War's idea" "War's" "Yup, it was War's" "War's" "War's" "War's" "War's, go figure" "War's" "War's, I think."

At this point, Arrives, a KNAVES diplomat, steps through a HUGE portcullis that wasn't on castle grounds a moment ago. The portcullis stands without a wall, and although you simply see the courtyard through one side, AMEN's volcano-base is visible through the other.

"Boss! We've finally got allies, boss! The villain group AMEN. Not just that, I got named! I'm a named NPC now! My name is Arrives!"

"Hmm...I've heard of AMEN. While it is good to know that we have powerful allies, I could care less that you have a name. Named NPCs are just as easy to kill, unless you're in Trog's."

Malleo, meanwhile, faces Terrorem and, realizing sheepishly he can't order the monster of a man around, goes, "I wanna know where the infirmary is...I...I..."

He looks down and shifts his feet, gritting his teeth.

"...I was bit by daffodils."

Namesake, looking frazzled, motions to Iris and walks toward the gate.

"Let's talk somewhere less hectic."

Nevrmore
2007-04-21, 05:51 PM
Terrorem stares at Malleo for a long time.

"Get. The Hell. Away from me."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 05:52 PM
Iris secretly makes plans to kill them all someday. Conviction, Terrorem, and Czar. Maybe not Malleo... She smiles a little at her scheming and follows Namesake, hands clasped behind her back.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 06:02 PM
Malleo steps back.

"That's a good idea, yeah. I attract carnivourous daffodils, so standing near me isn't always safe..."

He notices the blood pooling at his feet.

"To hell with it, I'll find the infirmary myself."

He storms into the castle.

-----

"I care not how you face the Angel. The closest it came to freeing me was through the use of simple words. My wife did so..."

He pauses. A lone, black tear drips down his face, from the red eye.

"...but she was also slain. I would carry a better conscience if you armed yourself for this."

"Ideally, you won't die. Because if you do, then I'm next. And that would mean I'll respect you even less than I do now."

"State."

"I regret nothing. She's going to be the end of us all."

"Silence, State. We have enough time to rest...to wait for your weapon to be fixed if it is not already. I only so urge haste as the Angel knows, from this point on, your every move."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 06:08 PM
Iris reaches up and tries to clasp a warm hand on his shoulder, the act more like that of a man, perhaps due to her upbringing. She raises her chin, still not looking at him, "Then we await our doom for the time being. That's rather poetic, darling." She grins grimly.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 06:17 PM
Namesake leaves the hand on, accepting the gesture.

"Just the way I speak, I am a century or two outdated in my language. Rest yourself. Tomorrow I'll be helping you to coax a poor, confused man out of a sadistic Archangel."

His eyes turn blue, and state brushes her hand off deftly. It's fairly clear that not even the remaining essence of The Angel likes to be touched, as now that's happened to her twice. At least this time it's not exactly a heartbreaker.

"Out of my sight. I've got free will to crush."

State turns around and heads back through the gates, which slam abruptly. He pauses.

"Come back when you're ready."

((And by 'tomorrow,' State means 'when Affadavit's finished pimping out her umbrella.'))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-21, 06:27 PM
Iris shrugs off State's dislike of her touch and smiles inwardly at Namesake. Perhaps there might be a way to save him, too? No, no... stop trying to be a crusader, Iris. It didn't work before, it probably wasn't going to work tomorrow, and, assuming that, the fact that it wouldn't work later wouldn't matter anymore, would it? Of course not.

She makes a gesture not unlike a salute and walks away, clasping her hands behind her back again and deep in thought.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 06:44 PM
Doc War, seemingly healed, exits. One might notice that the infirmary is missing one of its healing potions...And that one of the vials on his chest is empty.

He burps, and a two-foot-diameter sky-blue bubble emerges from his mouth and begins to float around the courtyard.

"I always hate it when that happens. Oh well, it still made the potion taste better."

He gets out of uniform and puts on civilian clothes, then heads outside to explore the town.

State, meanwhile, takes a gander at AMEN's portcullis.

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 08:24 PM
Jarvis hesitantly approaches State.

"Um, you're the only one here right now, except for that creepy guy over there. And I was wondering if I could join up here. I need a place to stay, and you guys seem reasonably sane."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 08:31 PM
"Needing a place to stay is hardly reason to join our illustrious membership. But stay as you will here until you decide whether we're to your liking or not. If it's the latter, then leave."

State seems to be distracted, and doesn't speak with the usual full-faced charisma of his orations.

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 08:42 PM
"What exactly do you guys do?"
Arrives appears right behind Jarvis, startling him momentarily.

"We are the K.N.A.V.E.S. It stands for The Killing of the Not-Able-to-Vote Ending Solution Party. We strike fear into all that would disobey our laws. We enforce the laws and punish all that would stand in the way of progress. Usually by not voting."

He pulls a flier out from a pocket. "I made some fliers that detail the specifics." Jarvis hesitantly takes it and flips through.

"So you guys are a, um, Police force? Well some of these punishments seem a little hard but, I guess any people would deserve it if they broke the law. The law is sacred. At least I think that's how it goes.

"So can I join?"

(( Its hard to come up with a reason for him to join and still stay non-draconian... ))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 08:49 PM
((I based State's image off of 1984, for chrissakes. He could join the non-extremist guardia branch, although it's rarely used and a bit scoffed at by the more fascist-ly inclined.

And Arrives speaks in DarkSlateGray, sorry for not putting it up.

And for the people who didn't see that, one post ago, Arrives is up for communal control, what with the named NPCness. He's mostly a self-recruiter for if people don't wanna wait as long as Malleo did, but remember that State can overrule joining members.))

"You seem a little soft. But another member is always a good thing, I suppose."

State looks at him a little suspiciously, but eventually gives him the forms.

Nevrmore
2007-04-21, 08:51 PM
Terrorem grabs a bunny hopping through the field before it can escape his clutches. Bored, he clamps his disgusting, yellowed teeth down on the rodent's ear and tears it off, chewing thoughtfully.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 08:52 PM
((Nevrmore, have I told you how adorable and innocent you are lately? :smalleek: ))

J. W. Wells
2007-04-21, 08:56 PM
Walking along absorbed in a paper Castellan Corpus bumps into Jarvis. "Oh I'm sorry Mr...I have no idea who you are. Ah, Mr. State I've been meaning to speak to you. Do you recall a while ago that I proposed you formed this organization into its own state in an effort to avoid possible prosecution?"

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 08:58 PM
(( Fixed. ))

Jarvis glances over the forms and starts filling in the form. After a few minutes of scribbling he hands back the sheet to Namestate.

Name: Jarvis Lawrence
Skills: I can apparently shoot lightning out of my body if I try, I'm not sure how to control it that well though, I can sneak around pretty well if motivated enough
Alignment and Temperament: I'm generally a good guy with a go-getter attitude, maybe a little meek though but I'm trying
Height: 5 feet, 10 inches
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair colour and length: Dirty Blonde, short.
Eye colour: Green with speckled bits of Brown
Weapons: I know how to use a rapier pretty well I guess.

He hastily adds, "I won't let you down boss."

(( Little Nicky! Nevrome, if that's not what you were referencing I'll go crawl back into my hole. ))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 09:01 PM
State looks at Jarvis, worried about the "avoiding prosecution" bit. Then he figures, 'aw, to hell with it, he saw our carnivorous daffodils already.'

"Fill out branch and KNAME, and pick yourself out a piece of distinctive headgear. After all, the law must always look spiffy." He emphasizes the last word and puts a finger up, clearly meaning what he says.

He turns to Castellan.

"Yes, I do. What about it?"

J. W. Wells
2007-04-21, 09:09 PM
"Well Mr. State if you're still interested in the idea I have drafted up a very lean version of a constitution, as well as a treaty to be signed with the Town." Taking papers from under his arm Castellan hands them to State.

Treaty
KNAVES-Town Non-Aggression Pact

The Government of the State Of KNAVES and The Government of the Town desirous of strengthening the cause of peace between the KNAVES and the Town have reached the following Agreement:

Article I: Both Parties recognize the sovereignty of the other Party and the validity of its constitution and all articles therein.

Article II: Both Parties obligate themselves to desist from any aggressive military action towards the other Party.

Article III: Both Parties obligate themselves to desist from any aggressive economic action towards the other Party.

Article IV: Should one Party come under the aggressive action of a third Party than the other Party will provide no aid in any manner to the third Party.

Article V: Both Parties recognize the immunity of diplomats.

Article VI: A quarterly charge on all revenues of the State of KNAVES will be paid to the Town in the amount of 15%.

Article VII: Both Parties recognize the right of the other Party to apprehend Enemies of the State who are within the other Party’s borders and return them to their own borders for prosecution.

Article VIII: Should disputes or conflicts arise between Parties both parties shall settle these disputes exclusively through exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

Article IX: Any standing orders from either Party for the capture, assault or death of a member of the other Party are now declared null and void.

Article X: Both Parties recognize the authority of the other Party's international court.

Article XI: The State of KNAVES shall share all technological discoveries with the Town.

Article XII: This Agreement is considered valid for ten years and may only be lawfully terminated with the consent of both Parties.

For the Government of the Town –
For the State of KNAVES -

Constitution
Constitution of KNAVES

Section I [General Provisions]

Article I: This constitution shall apply to all parts of KNAVES and all those within.

Article II: This constitution shall supersede all other acts.

Article III: The state of KNAVES shall be governed in the form of a theocracy. Power shall be passed down from an Apostle to one chosen as his successor. All information, revenues and members of the official branch of government shall be considered to be in the possession of the church and solely the church. The following branches of the official government are excepted: the Official Courts, the Military and the Embassy.

Article IV: Legislative, judicial and executive power is held by the Apostle.

Article V: The church of KNAVES shall be the Established Church of KNAVES and shall support and be supported by the state.

Article VI: The Church and State of KNAVES embody and represent the ideal of the law, as such any who would impede, violate or in any way assault the purity of the law are considered Enemies of the State.

Article VII: The Church and State of KNAVES embody and represent the ideal of the democracy, as such any who would impede, violate or in any way assault the purity of the democratic process are considered Enemies of the State.

Section II [The Apostle]

Article VIII: The Apostle shall always be considered part of the church of KNAVES, should he renounce the church he renounces his position as Apostle.

Article IX: The Apostle must be eighteen years of age to rule.

Article X: The Apostle shall swear to abide by this constitution.

Article XI: Should the position of Apostle be vacated with no designated successor then a successor shall be chosen by the Council of Archbishops.

Article XII: Should the appointed Apostle be too young to rule than the Council of Archbishops shall rule as a regent until the successor is of age.

Article XIII: The Apostle shall be held accountable for his actions save those committed during a regency.

Article XIV: The Apostle shall appoint the Council of Archbishops and all other clergymen.

Article XV: The Apostle may relegate authority to clergymen granting them powers above their usual station.

Article XVI: The Apostle may only be removed by a unanimous decision of the Council of Archbishops as well as a majority decision by all clergymen.

Article XVII: The Apostle shall act on the behalf of the realm in international affairs.

Section IV [Council of Archbishops]

Article XVIII: The Council of Archbishops must number three to eleven men, selected by the Apostle and always maintaining an odd number.

Article XIX: The Council of Archbishops serve as advisors to the Apostle and regents.

Article XX: The Council of Archbishops may not create legislation but all legislation must be passed through the Council of Archbishops, a majority vote is required to pass any legislation.

Section V [Clergymen]

Article XXI: All clergymen save the Apostle and the members of the Council of Archbishops shall be considered to have the same authority save for powers relegated by the Apostle.

Article XXII: Clergymen may submit legislation to the Council of Archbishops for ratification provided thirty other clergymen support the legislation.

Article XXIII: Clergymen shall not act on behalf of them realm in international affairs unless that power is granted to them by the Apostle.

Article XXIV: Any citizen, and only citizens, of KNAVES may become part of the clergy.

Article XXV: All clergymen are immediately tried in Church Court

Article XXVI: Church information may be withheld from any outside authorities at the discretion of the clergymen asked to provide said information.

Section VI [Courts]

Article XXVII: All cases shall be tried in the Official Court unless the accused has placed himself in the custody of the Church of KNAVES in which case the accused shall be tried in and only in the Church Court.

Article XXVIII: All non-clergymen in the custody of the Church of KNAVES who are awaiting trial may not leave KNAVES borders for any reason.

Article XXIX: Verdicts of the Official Court may be overturned by the Apostle, Council of Archbishops or clergymen granted that power by the Apostle, save verdicts pronounced against an Enemy of the State which may only be overturned by the Apostle himself.

Article XXX: Verdicts of the Church Court may only be overturned by the Apostle with a majority vote from the Council of Archbishops.

Article XXXI: Enemies of the State of KNAVES must be tried in Official Court and will not be placed in Church Court under any circumstances save the direct intervention of the Apostle.

Article XXXII: Enemies of the State who are not Enemies of the State of KNAVES may be placed in Church custody, may under no circumstances leave the borders of KNAVES and must be tried in Church Court.

Article XXXIII: Church Court is an international court.

Article XXXIV: Enemies of the State who are not Enemies of the State of KNAVES who are in the Church Court are prosecuted by the offended State and the Apostle himself or a member of the Council of Archbishops presides as a judge.

Section VII [Military]

Article XXXV: The Military of KNAVES shall be considered separate from the Church but will still be under the jurisdiction of the Apostle.

Article XXXVI: The Apostle may not give any clergymen power over matter military.

Article XXXVII: Any citizen of KNAVES may enlist in the military and will upon enlistment serve a minimum term of five years.

Article XXXVIII: Any citizen may be made a military commander by the Apostle. Military rank will be considered separate from any other rank.

Article XXXIX: Soldiers shall be held accountable in part for their actions and commanders shall be held accountable in part for the actions of their soldiers.

Article XL: The military of KNAVES may only be completely disbanded by a unanimous vote of clergymen, the Council of Archbishops and the Apostle’s command.

Section VIII [Individual Rights]

Article XLI: No citizen of KNAVES shall be subject to arrest without being informed of the charges.

Article XLII: All citizens of KNAVES are entitled to legal counsel for the duration of their trial.

Article XLIII: All citizens of KNAVES shall be tried within a reasonable time.

Article XLIV: All citizens of KNAVES shall be considered equal under the law regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

Article XLV: Citizens of KNAVES have the right to move through KNAVES unhindered.

Article XLVI: Enemies of the State of KNAVES are not considered citizens of KNAVES and denied these and any aforementioned rights.

Article XLVII: Citizens of KNAVES have the right to be informed of the validity of the charges brought against them by means of habeas corpus.

Section IX [Amending the Constitution]

Article XLVIII: This constitution may only be amended with the consent of the Apostle and a majority vote from the Council of Archbishops.

Article XLIX: All amendments must be made jointly by the Council of Archbishops and the Apostle.

"I'm certain you don't have time to read the whole constitution and have concerns about the treaty so I am prepared to adress any worries you may have. I believe I have made it so we will be giving up virtually nothing and gaining everything, but there may be some flaws you could help me find."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 09:13 PM
He reads them over, impressed.

"Castellan Corpus, you truly are a legal worm. And I mean that in the best sense of the word "worm." This allows us to continue our actions with the prosecution only of vigilantes. If the police retaliate, they will be breaking the law themselves.

He pauses.

"I doubt you could get the Town council or the Police to agree to this, though. Don't we have something to dress it up a bit, make it look advantageous?"

((Looking over that Constitution, I love how you worded it so that we only have to give rights to KNAVES members that we arrest (an unlikely event), but it sounds humane.))

Nevrmore
2007-04-21, 09:15 PM
((I've got to constantly reassert Crucius' sadism, or else people will forget, I say.))

Terrorem, having scalped the rabbit in an unposted action, grinds the skullcap into dust before finally throwing the quite-dead beast away.

"Should'a started with the stomach." He comments in hindsight.

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 09:34 PM
Jarvis scribbles down his KNAME.

"I think I'll call myself... Master Hobbes. I've always been a sucker for philosophy.

"Um, I'll take a gray kepi."

A nameless NPC shows him where the clothes are and he goes in to get changed. He returns wearing a dark brown jacket over a collared blue shirt and a gray kepi with the red scale insignia of K.N.A.V.E.S. painted on it.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 09:44 PM
"Welcome to K.N.A.V.E.S."

State speaks rather unceremoniously, and sighs to himself before looking up and pondering things.

Flabbicus
2007-04-21, 09:46 PM
"Cool. Now to find a place to stay..."

He mills about the courtyard before going outside of the large castle.

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 09:47 PM
Sir Conviction rides into the courtyard and dismounts. He appears to be happy about something. One can tell this because he's not glaring about angrily, for once.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 09:52 PM
State lazily looks over at Conviction.

"Why the smile, dark knight?"

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 10:00 PM
"Well, I'm not sure how it happened, but the curse binding me to that fool Jekyll has been broken." Conviction scratches his chin thoughtfully. "Actually, I think it might have been gone for a while and I didn't notice."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 10:02 PM
"That will make things easier...So he ran off..."

State grins evilly, and points a thumb at Conviction's heart.

"Or is he still in there, but he's not getting out?"

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 10:03 PM
"I think he's dead, actually." Conviction grins malevolently as well.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 10:06 PM
"So in other words, this means that the 'secret identity' in your KNAVES record is no longer valid? It'll make your liabilities drop."

He looks at a long list of all the things that Jacobus stumbled into.

"A lot."

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 10:11 PM
Conviction looks rather confused. "What? I have no idea what you're trying to say..."

The Geomancer
2007-04-21, 10:29 PM
Czar who has been under the tree in the courtyard the entire time busily mixing potions, is now laughing maniacally. He has three vials of liquid running on a burner and lots of discarded castoffs from lots of long work. Also he has taken up a long line of NPC criminals from the Scar for testing purposes. One of the NPCs is beating its head against the wall. The NPC has blood running down its forehead and quite a bit of bone is apparent. Its done! He calls out so everyone can hear him.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 10:40 PM
"It means that I can't call you Jacobus any longer. He's dead, right?"

State turns to Czar's voice just as Malleo comes speeding through like a cartoon character.

"What's done?"

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 10:43 PM
"No, no. My name is Jacobus Hyde. The other guy's name was Hathorne Jekyll. The reference to a classic book from Earth is entirely coincidental. Thusly, I am still Jacobus Hyde."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 10:45 PM
"Ah."

State writes a big red 'X' over Jekyll's name in his files.

"Ho, Czar! What, pray tell, have you achieved?"

The Geomancer
2007-04-21, 10:46 PM
My project. My criminal cure for criminals.
The fairy of alliteration abuse pops into existence and shoots Czar's player. Just look at the test subjects. Czar smiles widely.
Most of the test subjects are staring into space catatonically. Some seem to be punishing themselves for idle thoughts, others are crying about something or another.

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 10:46 PM
Conviction looks over at Czar, also somewhat interested in what's going on.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 10:47 PM
"Impressive...but shouldn't they be..."

He looks at one of the catatonic ones,

"A bit more...example-setting?"

Malleo just watches in wonder.

The Geomancer
2007-04-21, 10:52 PM
Oh, them, those are the early test stages. These , he says pointing to a group slightly separated from the others. Are the successful ones. The successful group is are all staring around nervously periodically punishing themselves for criminal thoughts. This potion only punishes them for criminal thoughts. I'm working on one that forcefully keeps a criminal from committing crimes.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 10:56 PM
"This has sparked my interest, Czar. Truly, you are one of my most faithful. When this project is done, I believe I have..."

His eyes flash momentarily,

"Plans to utilize."

He salutes and walks off, leaving Malleo swirling a beaker and staring at it in a most obsessive manner.

The Geomancer
2007-04-21, 10:59 PM
Czar turns to Malleo. You are the one who makes grenades out of chemicals right? Do you think you could turn this into a weapon?

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 11:01 PM
"I-I dunno, I can try."
He grabs a sample and runs off with a happy squeal.

Warpfire
2007-04-21, 11:01 PM
Nathaniel looks over at Malleo. "You ever find a way to get those reverse grenades to work by themselves?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-21, 11:04 PM
"Yeah, a magical trigger utilizing the same cantrip you used. Makes 'em more expensive, though."
He says this in an 'aaaaawwww'-inducing kind of way.

The Geomancer
2007-04-21, 11:13 PM
A magical trigger? Wouldn't that have unknown side effects? Czar looks over at the test subjects in a loving manner, switching topics quickly. Watch this! he says, giggling in a most un-Czar way. He takes a vial out of the fire and puts it on the table OH LOOK AT CLUMSY OLD ME ABOUT TO LEAVE MY ANTIDOTE FOR THE CRIMINAL CURE ON THIS TABLE. The test subjects of the working solution all look over at the vial longingly, on by one they get up, trying to take it. And one by one they are wracked with a series of compulsions causing them to punch themselves, pull their hair out. One starts digging into his eyes trying to claw the criminal thoughts out. It is a rather gruesome scene, but it causes Czar to smile widely.

((I'm going to bed, but Malleo can use the chemical and test subjects for anything he needs))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 05:24 AM
The Jury member disguised as Affadavit wanders aimlessly around the KNAVES HQ. In his hand is...a set of blue prints. "These could be of use...But first I need to find State. Oh, well. Time for more futile searching. He's never around when I have something of interest. And these could be so useful for defensive purposes."

Castaras
2007-04-22, 07:56 AM
Castaras walks in, turning to face the Jury member behind her.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:20 AM
The Jury member points to a large pile of pistols and diamonds. "Haven't had the time to shift that lot to the armoury yet."

Castaras
2007-04-22, 08:21 AM
Castaras walks over to the pile and picks up a pistol, studying it carefully.

Nice piece of work.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:23 AM
The disguised Jury member nods its head. "Three settings, be a bit careful with the first one. The second one creates a ball of magma, very high temperature, can melt almost anything. The third setting electrifies the projectile with a big enough charge to kill a whale."

Castaras
2007-04-22, 08:25 AM
What does the first setting do then?

She turns it over in her hands, thinking.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:26 AM
The disguised Jury member draws its own pistol. "A demonstration would be easier." It aims at a random target and pulls the trigger. The bullet hits the target at aproximately twice the speed of sound, instantly shattering it.

Castaras
2007-04-22, 08:31 AM
Nice...

She clips the pistol to her belt.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:32 AM
"You should probably leave a few pistols behind, but you can take all the diamonds if you wish. I can easily get more."

Castaras
2007-04-22, 08:38 AM
Castaras uses her magic to pick up most of the pistols and the diamonds.

Okay. Thanks.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:39 AM
"No problem. Many of my fellow KNAVES members are too idiotic to realise the true potential of these things. At least this way they aren't going to waste."

Castaras
2007-04-22, 08:44 AM
These will be used well, I expect.

She smirks and heads back to AMEN's base, taking the diamonds and pistols with her.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:47 AM
The disguised Jury member wanders off and bumps into another disguised Jury member, which would be very strange if anybody saw it...They stare at each other for a while, then one of them leaves.

darkblade
2007-04-22, 11:07 AM
Enforcer growing bored of all the techno talk leaves the headquarters.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 11:30 AM
The Jury member disguised as Affadavit begins setting up the overpowered diamond rifles at various strategic locations around the castle. By each one is a small note warning people to keep them on their swivelling platforms, only an idiot would wander round with one in his hands.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 11:43 AM
State exits his room, takes a gander at the dwindling pile of pistols, and then sees the turrets.

"Affadavit, I assume that these are your doing? Well done."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 11:46 AM
The disguised Jury member gives State a deluxe evil grin and unfolds blueprints for...Diamon cannons! "You think those are good? Just wait 'til I stick a few of these around the place."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 11:48 AM
State does what he always does when he's ecstatic...he tries to act nonchalant, and then his lower jaw detaches and hits the ground with a plop.

Even as he reattaches it, he begins salivating.

"Wohohoho...ow mennie ahf dese do hyu dink hyu kin mek?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 11:50 AM
The disguised Jury member gives an even bigger evil grin. "Take a guess State."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 11:51 AM
Ka-SNAP. His jaw is back on.

"Er...four?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 11:53 AM
The disguised Jury member looks disappointed. "You disappoint me State, you think I can make four? That's all? Make a sensible guess."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 11:55 AM
He pauses, rubbing his chin.

"...ten?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 11:56 AM
The disguised Jury member chuckles and gives State the largest evil grin it can manage. "I can make as many...as...I...want...to." It pauses to let this sink in.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 11:59 AM
Both of State's arms fall off.

"I...I knew that."

He pauses, and swings his torso a bit, before calling over to two Soldados.

"Um, help?"

They reattach the twitching arms, at which point he beats one of them over the head for snickering.

"That's...impressive."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:02 PM
The disguised Jury member bows. "Why thankyou. Based on our failure at the police station, possibly my fault since I wasn't there, and the damage this castle received I decided we needed a few defensive mechanisms. Hopefully these will do for now."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 12:06 PM
State marks down that due to Affadavit's Artesano status, he'll need to make a new rank to promote him.

((I just realized...rather than the original strict number of promotions I had in mind, I'm promoting based on merit...State is a COMMUNIST!))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:08 PM
((New rank? Ideally something that can include chief scientist, that's the kind of thing Affadavit would like. And what do you think about my OOC combination of Affadavit's madness and Affadavit's pain?))

The disguised Jury member chuckles again. "Eventually I intend to mass produce a melee version of my ranged series. I think you'll like them."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 12:13 PM
((Master Artesan, or Artesanos Principales. For someone who breaks through the ranks without having to resort to combat, but rather, accomplishments.

And I saw that...Terrorem could have so much fun with those...))

State smiles.

"Of course I will, Affadavit. Of course I will."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:17 PM
((I just checked it...It's perfect. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!))

The disguised Jury member smiles. "I can give you a basic idea of what they'll do now, if you want."

((Please say yes, PLEASE SAY YES! I've got some awesome ideas for these melee weapons.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 12:20 PM
"Always a good thing to know. I was wondering how you'd shoot balls of magma from a melee weapon."

State sits down on one of the courtyard benches and crosses his legs, listening.

((See, what would have happened if State just looked him in the eye and went, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"?))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:26 PM
((The Jury member would've gone mad, drawn its sword (The Jury members have swords) and attacked State, or something similarly catastrophic.))

The disguised Jury member nods its head. "It doesn't work in exactly the same way, if anything it's more complicated than the pistols. The blade has two sides and a diamond core. One side is energy input, the other is energy output. Now each side has various effects, here are a couple of examples from each. The output side can become a flaming, electrified blade that also increases the wielder's reaction speed. The input side sucks in the energy around it, it causes cold damage, and can absorb any blasts of energy launched at the wielder...Is that enough for now?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 12:28 PM
State claps his hands respectfully, like one applauding a poet.

"Easily enough. I await the finished product most eagerly."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:31 PM
((Basically the output side gives off every kind of energy imaginable, and the input side absorbs every kind of energy imaginable. Including a creature's energy...It has an effect similar to a vampire draining blood really.))

"You won't be disappointed. My drones are working on it even as we speak, but before I mass produce those I think I'll install about a dozen of the diamond cannons, is that enough?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 12:32 PM
"A d-dozen? Affadavit, no more from you or-"

His jaw falls off.

"Durmid!"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:33 PM
The disguised Jury member looks down at the jaw. "Shall I get that for you sir?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 12:34 PM
"Nuh. Ed's fun."

He picks the jaw back up again.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:36 PM
The disguised Jury member looks a little surprised. "Is there something wrong? Do you need more than a dozen? Of course I'll install more later but..."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 12:37 PM
State breaks into a run.

"No more! No more! If I get too happy-"

His leg detaches, and he takes a faceplant into the dirt.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:39 PM
((What is going on?))

The disguised Jury member looks a the leg. "Is there something wrong State? Are you displeased with my work?" It seems genuinely confused.

Goblin Music
2007-04-22, 12:40 PM
(is he a zombie?)

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 12:43 PM
((For the love of god YES he's a zombie! State is undead! He falls apart when he's impressed or ecstatic-remember what happened with Affadavit's rifles?))

State picks himself up, reattaching his leg.

"Ow. No, nothing's wrong. I'm really very pleased just don't tell me any more..."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:45 PM
((No, I mean...WHY does that happen to him when he's happy? I know he's a zombie and all but...WHY?))

The disguised Jury member nods its head. "I don't understand why...But OK."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 12:47 PM
((It's caused because he tries to act nonchalant and unimpressed but the stress of holding that in manifests in other ways.))

State hastily heads back to his room, covering his ears.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:49 PM
The disguised Jury member hurries back to the research area and begins working on something else that'll no doubt eventually be of use to KNAVES.

Goblin Music
2007-04-22, 12:51 PM
((and AMEN right?))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:52 PM
((Maybe, but Affadavit is a member of KNAVES, so he'll always give the best stuff to them.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 12:53 PM
((Damn straight he will! :smallannoyed: ))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 12:54 PM
((I may have fun throwing Tabitha into this for awhile. And I want Vedran to meet this guy so bad! He'd love it! They'd both love it!))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:55 PM
((Yeah, Affadavit won't be giving any diamond cannons to AMEN, that's for sure.))

The disguised Jury member sighs, and walks off to find State again, having just done a quick set of calculations.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 12:55 PM
((Elaneous, do you mean Affadavit or State? I'm pretty sure Vedran met State briefly when State said something like, "Terrorem? Bisect him."))

State looks at the approaching Jury member warily.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 12:58 PM
((Doc War, I meant. Sorry. So many threads and I thought he was in this one! Anyway, it is scary how well they'd get along... ^_^" It's a shame everyone here hates Vedran at the moment.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 12:59 PM
((Malleo's got pink hair. It doesn't mesh well with all the red and black.

EDIT: oh, you meant Vedran))

"Anything else, Affadavit?"

State pauses in front of the castle doors.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 01:01 PM
The disguised Jury member screeches to a halt. "Yeah, these diamond cannons...I'm going to have to install them straight into the wall to make sure the backfire doesn't affect anybody. I figure I need your permission for this...So do I have permission?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 01:03 PM
"Of course you do, Affadavit. Our walls have been blown apart so many times now I don't mind anything happening to them."

He salutes briefly before heading inside.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 01:06 PM
The disguised Jury member smiles. "They'll be in position within a week." It walks back to the research area.

A small group of drone Jury members wander through, carrying hundreds of boxes of ammunition. They place about half of them by the pistols, then continue through the portcullis, to the AMEN volcano.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 01:55 PM
State does his rounds on the walls, looking over the turrets. Eventually he sits over the gates, looking in at the castle.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 02:06 PM
The drones return, and take positions by the turrets. The disguised Jury member walks out, now looking like State himself.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 02:09 PM
State looks down at the jury member, amused.

"Hmm...I could foil a number of attacks aimed at me with those..."

Flabbicus
2007-04-22, 02:57 PM
Jarvis hesitantly enters through the gates as a number of unnamed NPC's open it up for him. He looks around for anyone he's seen before but just ends up standing in front of the gate looking like an idiot. He starts humming to himself to pass the time.

Warpfire
2007-04-22, 03:02 PM
Sir Conviction rides in to the courtyard, looking angry and glaring at random people as he often does. He dismounts and dismisses his nightmarish steed.

Flabbicus
2007-04-22, 03:05 PM
Jarvis meekly approaches Sir Conviction "Um, hi. Now that I'm part of the organization I was wondering what I should do as of now. What I mean is how would I best use my set of skills to further the cause of the party?" He takes a deep breath after rapidly saying the last sentence.

Warpfire
2007-04-22, 03:12 PM
Conviction opens his mouth to snarl out something along the lines of 'Piss off', but controls his temper and doesn't. He looks over at Jarvis. "Go out and arrest some criminals."

Flabbicus
2007-04-22, 03:19 PM
"Um well the thing is... I don't have many real skills besides this-"

Jarvis suddenly becomes electrified as he absorbs the electrons from the ground, turning him into a living lightning rod. The air cracks and he directs his hand over to a blighted tree which a few soldados are relaxing under. A giant spark lances out from his fingertips and chars the tree to a crisp.

"Whoa... That's cool."

Warpfire
2007-04-22, 03:20 PM
Conviction watches the display, somewhat impressed. He turns back to Jarvis and gestures to the charred tree. "There you go. Go and use that power to bring in some criminals."

Flabbicus
2007-04-22, 03:22 PM
"Um, sure thing boss."

He heads for the gate but, changing his mind, doubles back to a group of low level K.N.A.V.E.S. working on constructing a wrought-iron fence. He grabs a sharp metal post from a pile and walks towards the gate.

Warpfire
2007-04-22, 03:28 PM
Sir Conviction nods and summons his mount again. He leaps atop of it. "Good hunting. I think I'm going to go do the same myself." He digs a heel into his mount, which gallops out of the headquarters at very high speed.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 04:19 PM
The Jury member disguised as Clergyman State wanders about aimlessly. Another shapeshifting Jury member disguised as Affadavit is working on something as yet unknown.

J. W. Wells
2007-04-22, 05:36 PM
Castellan who had been working on State's orders to make the treaty more appealing nibbls frustatedly on the end of his dipping pen. He suddenly snaps his fingers, scribbles something onto the treaty and rushes to find State. "Mr. State I have been pondering on how to make this peace agreement appear more advantageous to the Town and I believe I have it. The problem lies in the fact that this organization has virtually nothing to offer, but the ceasation of our less than legal law-enforcement. As such I have created an article that makes it appear that we agree to stop such activities."

KNAVES-Town Non-Aggression Pact

The Government of the State Of KNAVES and The Government of the Town desirous of strengthening the cause of peace between the KNAVES and the Town have reached the following Agreement:

Article I: Both Parties recognize the sovereignty of the other Party and the validity of its constitution and all articles therein.

Article II: Both Parties obligate themselves to desist from any aggressive military action towards the other Party.

Article III: Both Parties obligate themselves to desist from any aggressive economic action towards the other Party.

Article IV: Should one Party come under the aggressive action of a third Party than the other Party will provide no aid in any manner to the third Party.

Article V: Both Parties recognize the immunity of diplomats.

Article VI: A quarterly charge on all revenues of the State of KNAVES will be paid to the Town in the amount of 15%.

Article VII: Both Parties recognize the right of the other Party to apprehend Enemies of the State who are within the other Party’s borders and return them to their own borders for prosecution.

Article VIII: Should disputes or conflicts arise between Parties both parties shall settle these disputes exclusively through exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

Article IX: Any standing orders from either Party for the capture, assault or death of a member of the other Party are now declared null and void.

Article X: The State of KNAVES obligate themselves to desist from any offensive excursions into the Town, excepting cases provided for in Article VII.

Article XI: Both Parties recognize the authority of the other Party's international court.

Article XII: The State of KNAVES shall share all technological discoveries with the Town.

Article XIII: This Agreement is considered valid for ten years and may only be lawfully terminated with the consent of both Parties.

For the Government of the Town –
For the State of KNAVES -

"Mr. State, does it appear to you that we are agreeing to stop our style of policing and receiving little in return?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 05:42 PM
((Whatever you do, don't show Affadavit that. The article about sharing technology will make him lose it... BIG TIME!))

Flabbicus
2007-04-22, 05:45 PM
(( How about just sharing the knowledge of all technological discoveries? :smallamused:

By which I mean telling them we made a technological discovery about such and such without divulging how it was created exactly. ))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 05:50 PM
((Will probably still upset Affadavit...But at least nobody else has a small army of creations ready to do anything for him, including the mass production of overpowered weapons.))

J. W. Wells
2007-04-22, 05:51 PM
((What I had in mind was have all technological research be done by a division of the Church of KNAVES, so the State will have no discoveries to share.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 05:57 PM
((What about all the things Affadavit has already made? He doesn't want them in the wrong...no right...um...in the hands of the police.))

J. W. Wells
2007-04-22, 06:05 PM
((Well since those pre-date the State of KNAVES they can't be considered "discoveries" and they weren't discovered by the State of KNAVES so they don't need to be shared.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:09 PM
((You put a lot of thought into this. ^_^ Nice. I give it an A+))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:10 PM
((And any discoveries Affadavit makes afterwards? You know he will, he churns them out with incredible efficiency.))

J. W. Wells
2007-04-22, 06:14 PM
((Well after we can either do them under the Church of KNAVES so that they don't need to be shared as they could be considered articles of the faith that can't be leaked to heatens, or Affadavit could privatise his work by starting his own corporation within the State of KNAVES, either way they weren't discovered by the State and so aren't covered under the treaty.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:21 PM
((*Grins evilly and begins making plans for Professor Affadavit's next invention"))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 06:30 PM
"Indeed it does, dear Castellan."

((Or you could just privatize and technically be 'selling' them to the church of KNAVES as Random, a non-KNAVES member, and thus it would not be considered a development of KNAVES and State could still see it.))

State fidgets, shaking his fist at NecroPaladin for going on a wild goose chase while shopping for a phone and wasting two frickin hours.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:32 PM
((Actually I'm beginning to run out of ideas for Affadavit's inventions, I NEED INSPIRATION!))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:34 PM
((When you get Tabitha here, I've got one killer one that she will do. Affadavit could help?))

Iris appears from the streets and raps sharply on the gates with her newly refurbished umbrella. She then pulls it down and listens to the crisp ring of it when it hits the stones beneath her feet. A wide grin appears on her face.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 06:35 PM
State's eyes flash red, and he leans back from where he is standing at the top of the gate. He free-falls, doing a backflip with little intent to do so.

With a steel-toed clang, he lands perfectly upright behind her.

"Hello, Iris."

((Doc War would be free to help, although he specializes in liquid-based inventions))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:37 PM
Perhaps unexpectedly, she doesn't jump or turn around, but instead grins. "Namesake, darling. I have to say I'm quite impressed by the craftsmanship on this." She holds the umbrella out sideways.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:37 PM
The Jury member disguised as Affadavit walks out from the research area, and looks at Iris, noticing the umbrella. "What do you think of it?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-22, 06:39 PM
"Sta-I've already promoted him, if that's what you're hinting at. The man does wonders."

He kicks his boot a little, and the tip of his baton appears from the top of it, which he promptly draws.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:44 PM
"Perfection," she says to the disguised creation, the word coming off as a tiny bit seductive. Not intentionally, but weapons happen to be a weak point for her. She can handle facing impending doom with this on her hands.