PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Summoner Unchained Options] Eidolon Subtypes

Xuldarinar
2015-05-13, 07:01 PM
I had noticed, looking over the summoner unchained's eidolon subtypes, there were a few missing. So until they make something official for them, I'll have something to fill that void. If you got any input on any of these, by all means. Im just throwing these together, so I could use some input to help balance things out.

Demodand
Shaped of the clay of the abyss and blessed by the titans, demodand eidolon exist as bane to all who serve the divine. These malformed creatures' mailability and aptitude agains the divine make them suitable servants for god hating summoners, answering the call especially when there is promise of slaying good-aligned outsiders.

Alignment: Chaotic evil.

Base Form: Biped (claws, limbs [arms], limbs [legs])

Base Evolutions: Starting at 1st level, demodand eidolons gain the resistance (acid) evolution as well as a +4 bonus on saving throws against poison., and heretical soul (see the demodand subtype)

At 4th level, demodand eidolons gain cold resistance 10 and fire resistance 10.

At 8th level, demodand eidolons lose the +4 bonus on saving throws against poison and gain immunity to poison. In addition, when a demodand eidolon's melee attack damages a creature capable of casting didinve spells, that creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha mod) or be unable to cast divine spells for 1 round.

At 12th level, demodand eidolons gain DR 5/good. They also gain the ability increase evolution in an ability score of the summoner's choice.

At 16th level, demodand eidolons lose the resistance (acid) evolution, and instead gain the immunity (acid) evolution. They also gain the blindsense evolution.

At 20th level, demodand eidolons gain detect good, detect magic, and see invisibility as a constant spell-like abilities.

Demodand eidolons qualify for all evolutions that do not specify subtype, as well as the following: Bite and claws.

Kami
(Native outsider: Debating upon creating. If I do, will be at a later time)

Kyton

-Despicably cruel, and worshippers of pain, kyton eidolons serve summoners to the end of experiencing agony and perfecting themselves, and if they can drag others to the shadow plane to become more of their masochistic kin, so much the better. As varied their forms may appear in the long run, all kyton eidolon are ultimately bipedal in form. When they are changed by their summoner, they often appear with fresh wounds, the new evolution apparently now stitched upon their form. In spite of their humanoid, if not human, appearance, kyton eidolon are all horrors to gaze upon.

Alignment: Lawful evil.

Base Form: Biped (claws, limbs [arms], limbs [legs]).

Base Evolutions: Starting at 1st level, kyton eidolons gain the resistance (cold) evolution and the skilled (Intimidate) evolution. They also gain Unnerving Gaze (Range 30ft. Standard action to force a target that can see the eidolon to make a Will save [DC 10 + 1/2 HD + cha mod] or become shaken for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting fear effect)

At 4th level, kyton eidolons add 1 point to their evolution pool.

At 8th level, kyton eidolons gain the skilled (Escape Artist) evolution and their unnerving gaze increases to causing the target to be shaken for 1d3 rounds.

At 12th level, kyton eidolons gain DR 5/good or silver. They also add 1 point to their evolution pool.

At 16th level, kyton eidolons lose the resistance (cold) evolution, and instead gain the immunity (cold) evolution. They also gain telepathy.

At 20th level, kyton eidolons gain regeneration 5 (good weapons, good spells, silver weapons). They are still banished to the Shadow Plane as normal for eidolons if they take enough damage.

Kyton eidolons qualify for all evolutions that do not specify subtype, as well as the following: Bite, claws, gore, and tentacle.

A kyton eidolon may take an evolution that requires a subtype other than kyton by increasing the evolution cost by 1 point, provided they otherwise qualify for the evolution.

Oni

Qlippoth
True natives of the abyss and horrors to behold, qlippoth eidolon are called from the depths of the abyss. Answering the call, qlippoth eidolon revel in the opportunity to slay mortal life.

Alignment: Chaotic evil.

Base Form: quadruped (limbs [legs, 2], bite), or serpentine (bite, improved damage [bite], reach [bite], tail, tail slap).

Base Evolutions: Starting at 1st level, qlippoth eidolons gain the resistance (cold) evolution as well as a horrific appearance (As a standard action, the qlippoth eidolon can present itself to assault the senses of fall living creatures within 30 feet, forcing them all to make a will save [DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha mod] or become sickened for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting gaze attack)

At 4th level, qlippoth eidolons gain acid resistance 10, electricity resistance 10, and fire resistance 10, as well as a +4 bonus on saving throws against poison.

At 8th level, qlippoth eidolons lose the +4 bonus on saving throws against poison and gain immunity to poison. Their horrific appearance also now causes targets to become sickened for 1d6 rounds instead of 1 round.

At 12th level, qlippoth eidolons gain DR 5/lawful. Their horrific appearance also now causes creatures to become nauseated for 1d8 rounds instead of sickened for 1d6 rounds.

At 16th level, qlippoth eidolons lose the resistance (cold) evolution, and instead gain the immunity (cold) evolution. They also gain telepathy.

At 20th level, qlippoth eidolons gain true seeing as a constant spell-like ability.

Qlippoth eidolons qualify for all evolutions that do not specify subtype, as well as the following: bite, claws, mount, pincers, poison, sting, swallow whole, tail, tentacle, and trip.

Rakshasa

Milo v3
2015-05-15, 12:46 AM
Kyton's regeneration is ridiculously powerful compared to the unchained eidolon subtypes. Devils only get 5 regeneration at 20th level.

Xuldarinar
2015-05-15, 05:21 AM
Though (roughly) consistent with the advancement of the regeneration in kyton, It is far more powerful than it needs to be. Meaning we need to pull away a lot from the kyton eidolon otherwise, or reduce the regeneration. I do believe it still makes sense that they get regeneration far earlier than devils, given regeneration is actually a feature shared by all kyton, but perhaps advancement of it should be left to evolutions. Still, then something needs put in its place. Perhaps more for unnerving gaze, or something else entirely.

Edit: Alright, I think I got it right now. I hate pushing that regeneration forward, but.. it seems to be the right thing to do, all things considered.