PDA

View Full Version : The Court of Many-Arrows [IC]

Chambers
2015-05-13, 08:50 PM
The Court of Many Arrows

Lost Helm Pass, Spine of the World

The storm giant stood on the rock outcropping above you and smiled through the rain. "Obould must not care for the safety of his spies if he sends them walking through my land!" He shouted, his voice booming out over the thunder of the storm above. The bodies of orcs soldiers and scouts lay scattered on the ground, the most broken ones gathered around the three corpses of hill giants in the pass. Four huge shapes loomed over you on the higher rocks around the giant chieftain, their forms obscured by the heavy rain.

A massive wolf clamped it's teeth on a dead orc and shook it like a rag doll, blood and viscera flying as well as the papers that were in the orcs satchel. Records of troop movements and grain storages of the dwarves of Mithral Hall caught in the wind and whisked away, the paper soaked, the ink spreading as the parchment turned to a soggy pulp in the driving rain. One of the orcs on the ground tried to raise himself up on his arms with his last strength but the wolf dropped the orc in his fangs and pounced on the nearly dead soldier, breaking his back with his jump. The storm giant laughed and the echoes of it bounced off the narrow walls of the pass.

---

"This is Many-Tongues." King Obould said and nodded towards the slim orc next to him dressed in fine leathers. The orc kept one hand on the pouch of his satchel and the other on the hilt of the dagger in his belt as he glared at all of you. "He doesn't speak these days, but before...he spoke too much." Obould said and smiled while the other cringed for a moment.

"Get him to Gerti, the frost giant queen. He can still read many tongues, and she will want what is in that bag." He said, then ripped off the leg of a turkey and chomped on it. "Whatever it takes..." He said between bites, gesturing with the turkey leg. "...we need her alliance. She controls the frost giants now, and soon she'll command all the giants in the Spine once her father finally dies. Old Orel is still hanging on. Maybe she needs some help with that." He threw down the half-eaten leg and two dogs began to fight over the scraps.

"Get him there. Get her allegiance. As far as you're concerned, nothing else matters." He growled. "Don't come back with excuses."

---

"You'll make a fine show for the jarl's dinner! Dead orcs...and soon to be dead orcs!" He motioned towards one of the shapes above you and it hefted itself up, then dropped from the rocks, landing beneath you with a crash. Up close, you smell the stench of the ettin before you can make out its two heads, one arm clutching a boulder, the other brandishing a torn off tree trunk.

You are in a narrow pass named Lost Helm Pass in the Spine of the World in Gerti Orelsdorr's territory (the heir to the frost giant Jarl). The dozen or so Orc scouts and soldiers sent along with you were caught in an ambush by these giants and were killed. Yourselves have incidental damage (for story-wise, not number tracking) and this Storm Giant has apparently decided that you are all his prisoners now.

If you want some numbers, the pass is 60ft long and 30ft wide at it's largest in the middle (which is where you are). The walls are near vertical but very rocky and end 50ft above you. The weather (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/weather.htm) is a Storm, with Severe Winds.

Chimaera
2015-05-13, 09:48 PM
Captain Bitteraxe grips his orchish double axe and spit a broken teeth and get up from the ground after receiving a powerful tree smack from one of the hill giants... Dead hill giant now.

He watch with cold fury as he watch the orcs scouts dead so quickly. If Obould were to count on these weak to grant him his dreams...

He then look at his companions and get as close as he can to a smile (which turn to be a ugly expression, specially with the blood in his face and the missing tooth). These were well chosen. These may do something worth.

He eye Annalith and grunts to her, as if trying to say something.

"Speak to me with that mind power your got, woman", he thinks hoping she can read his thoughts and speak back.

cutlex
2015-05-13, 10:09 PM
Kallion is holding his sword up into the rain, hoping that the downpour will cleanse some of the blood.

"Settling disputes with giants, just like back home. Always seems to end the same way," he adds, more to himself than his compatriots.

dextercorvia
2015-05-13, 10:12 PM
"Rather, he cares nothing for your safety. I am called Karatzas. I can tell by the quake of your bowels you have heard of me. Before you start a mudslide from your breeches, stay your shivering for a moment. We bring Obould's greetings to Gerti. A few dead scouts is nothing -- a misunderstanding, but failing to let us pass would be most unfortunate for you.

Since I am feeling generous, I will offer you a deal. You grant us passage rights through your territory, and I'll let you keep the dead scouts for your supper."

Free: sending my Dark Companion to stand next to the Storm Giant (-2AC, Saves).
Using Naberius' Silver Tongue ability to take 10 on a rushed diplomacy check for a result of 29. I'm not really sure how you run diplomacy checks, so I proposed a deal, in case you want to run them as opposed checks.

Taelas
2015-05-13, 11:27 PM
Annalith laughs softly, shaking her silvery-blond hair. This giant thinks highly of himself, she thinks with a mental chuckle.

She raises an eyebrow at Wurm. "What is it, captain?" she sends to him telepathically, the last word almost dripping with venom -- still keeping up the guise that she is a drow.

Keeping a wary eye on the ettin, the sorceress mentally runs through her spell repertoire.

Then she launches off a series of incomprehensible words and gestures, directed at the two-headed giant nearby. "Stand down, friend," she tells it, her telepathic voice soft and insidious.

Anna uses her spell-like ability to cast charm monster on the ettin. Will save, DC 30.

Chimaera
2015-05-14, 08:11 AM
"So you can hear me? Good. Tell the others to get ready for battle, unless they have serious wounds or have a better plan",he bark back to Annalith.

If he were to be captured it would be his dead battered corpse.

Wdwune
2015-05-14, 09:32 AM
Kordul "Firefist" closes his eyes as he lets the rain pour over him like a healthy bath after a good fight. Three giants, he thinks for himself, and now a doggie.

He can feel the different smells in the air, including the ones of his dead comrades. Yer in Gruumsh Army now. But it's no time for his mind to wander. As the Captain prepares the next tactic, Kallion lets the water wipe the blood from his blade, Ann holds the two-headed giant and Kar parleys with the enemy, Firefist just opens his eyes and stares at the hungry wolf.

Should the giant attack, that dog would be a problem.

Adopting Hunter's Sense stance (grants me the scent ability).

And just in case, I'm readying an action to teleport adjacent to the wolf (using Dimension Slide) and punch it as a free action (using the Flash of Sunset maneuver of the Sun School feat). Trigger: Right before the wolf attacks us.

Chambers
2015-05-14, 07:41 PM
Lost Helm Pass

The storm giant swats at the shadow shape that slides next to him and laughs as his hand passes through it. "Wizard tricks." He grunts and hefts up an 8ft long sword that had been lodged in the ground and rests it on his shoulder. He glares at Karatzas through the rain and nods. "This simplistic excuse for a diplomatic envoy does seem like something Obould would try...but you've killed three of my giants. Pay me their weregild, five hundred each, then I'll take you to the Jarl."

The Ettin looks up with both of it's head, searching for the sound of the voice it thinks it heard. Both heads eventually turn towards Anna and the ettin shuffles forward to tower over her, the tree trunk in one arm drooping down to drag along the ground. "You friend." One of the heads says in a broken combination of orcish and giantish.

dextercorvia
2015-05-14, 09:09 PM
Karatzas

Kar grins, thin lips revealing bright teeth. The giant hadn't thrown anything, and that was a start."Those giants of yours were stupid and weak, just as these scouts were. Having such weak followers robs you of honor. We did you a favor thinning out the half-wits who barely know which end of a blade to hold. I will not hold you to that debt, because you repaid us in kind, killing those too incompetent to serve Obould. But, you are correct. Weregild is required. Orc scouts may not be as valuable as giants, but I count 14 dead at 100 golds each. That leaves us short 100 golds. So, I'll throw in their equipment and whatever coin is in their pouch. You'll probably end up ahead in the deal, but I don't feel like taking the time to count it out."

So, I altered the terms of the deal, which should allow me to make a new check to see if he thinks it is a better deal. Let's see if I can fast talk a storm giant. If I roll poorly get ready.

[roll0]

Chambers
2015-05-14, 09:25 PM
Lost Helm Pass

"I was going to take your dead anyway!" The storm giant says with a laugh. "Orc bodies are useful for many things...keep trying to haggle and I'll have more to hang on my belt." One of the creatures on the rocks above shifts it's weight and pebbles clatter down the wall.

"You come into my lands..." He says and stomps his foot, sending more pebbles and rocks falling down. "...uninvited...and expect ME to pay YOU for your dead?!" The ettin next to Anna looks nervous and holds the boulder over her, trying to shield her from the falling debris. "No more deals, wizard. Gold, then we leave, and be thankful I don't clap you in irons."

Sense Motive DC 15
The giant is finished negotiating.

Chimaera
2015-05-14, 09:35 PM
"Anyone got another plan? Good, I have one... At my command, Attack!", Captain Wurm point his doubleaxe at the giant's head and get ready to do what he does best: fighting.

[roll0]

dextercorvia
2015-05-14, 10:07 PM
Karatzas

Kar nods to Wurm. He knew when a deal had gone sour. He casts a spell to speed himself up, and prepares his mind to bring fear, doubt, and pain on those who stand in his way.

Immediate: Nerveskitter

Initiative[roll0]

cutlex
2015-05-14, 10:53 PM
He's done haggling. Giants only respect strength and gold: I suspect a measure of his blood may tip the scales.

[roll0][/QUOTE]

[roll1][/QUOTE]

Wdwune
2015-05-14, 11:01 PM
Still with his sight focused on the wolf, Firefist notices the resolved attitude of the giant as well as Cpt. Bitteraxe's command. With a scowl, he keeps his stance, but prepares his mind for a second round of fighting.

Initiative: [roll0]

Taelas
2015-05-15, 01:54 AM
Annalith shakes her head at the situation and the failed parlance. "I probably could have talked him down, but if you want to fight... Far be it for me to deny you," she sends to the others, a note of amusement in the telepathic message. A quick magical word speeds up her reaction time.

"Protect me, my sweet," she sends telepathically to the Ettin. "Your kin wants to hurt me. If they attack me, convince them not to with those strong arms of yours, please?"

Anna casts nerveskitter as an immediate action, getting +5 to Initiative.
Initiative: [roll0]

Chimaera
2015-05-15, 06:35 AM
Quick to act and command, Captain Bitteraxe lead the attack by creating an icy shuriken and throwing in the wolf's head.

Ray of Ice.
RTA: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] cold plus Sneak Attack and Sudden Strike [roll2]

Range: 45ft.

After attacking it, Wurm blend in the shadows and dissappears from sight.

Can dissappear granting total concealment while in any illumination otherthan full day light (artificial lights doesnt help, but a Daylight spell do).

Due Ring of the Darkhidden having darkvision is of no help as well.

And thanks to Darkstalker he isnt immediatly seen by tremorsense, etc.

Hide [roll3]
Move Silently [roll4]

Taelas
2015-05-15, 06:51 AM
Anna rattles off a series of mystical words, then points a finger at an enemy within 55 feet and unleashes a crackling black ray at the figure. On the way, the ray splits in two.

Casting a split ray'd enervation at a single enemy within 55 feet as a 5th-level spell. Two rays, 1d4 negative levels per ray. No save, but SR applies.
Ray 1: [roll0]; if successful: [roll1] negative levels.
Ray 2: [roll2]; if successful: [roll3] negative levels.

Wdwune
2015-05-15, 10:13 AM
As everyone make their move, Firefist breathes in and out before entering combat to toughen his body and focus on the enemy.

Right after, he moves at a blinding speed only to stop adjacent to the wolf and land a powerful fist on its jaw, a known weak point of these creatures. "C'mon, show me what ye've got, doggie," he taunts the wolf with a calm voice.

Swift: Swift Defensive Precognition (+1 AC and saves for 9 minutes), 7 pp cost.

Standard: Augmented Biofeedback (DR 4/- for 9 minutes), 7 pp cost.

Move: Augmented Dimension Slide (teleport 45 ft as a move action), 9 pp cost. I use this to teleport adjacent to the wolf and use the Flash of Sunset technique of the Sun School tactical feat, which grants me a free attack after the teleportation, which I will with a Stunning Fist.
· Stunning Fist: Attack: [roll0], Hit: [roll1] dmg, and the wolf must make a Fortitude DC 22 to avoid being stunned (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#stunned) for 1 round.

Power Points remaining: 21/44
Stunning Fist uses remaining: 8/9

dextercorvia
2015-05-15, 10:35 PM
Karatzas

Kar whispers forbidden words, summoning the spirits of all who have died at these giants' hands. He twists and binds them together into a canopy overhead, and their terrible countenances plague the creatures above the party.

Free: Make sure his Dark companion is adjacent to both the Storm Giant and the ? in the middle on the left. (-2AC and saves for them).
Swift: Already used as Immediate.
Move: none
Standard: Casting Fell Frightening Spiritwall (SC 203). The effect is shaped as a horizontal wall (12 10x10 squares) filling the top of the pass. The fear effect is directed upward. All of the topside enemies have to make DC 24 Will save or be Frightened and flee for [roll0] rounds. If they touch the wall they take 1d10 damage and are shaken (no save) for one minute. If they pass through, they take the damage, are shaken, and have to make a DC 24 Fort save or gain a negative level.

In addition, we have mutual total concealment.

cutlex
2015-05-17, 09:46 AM
Kallion snarls and hefts his greatsword, taking flight directly at the mystery creature on the right with newfound conviction.

Enters Whirlwind Frenzy (applied in character sheet)
Charge: -2 AC +2 AB
Power Attack: -5 AB +10 Damage (+10 to Bullrush from Knockback on a hit)
AB: 12 BAB + 14 STR + 2 Charge + 2 Enhancement - 1 Size - 5 Power Attack (- 0 from Whirlwind Frenzy since not full attacking)
[roll0]

Damage: 3d6 + 21 STR + 2 Enhancement + 10 Power Attack
[roll1]
Knockback (Bullrush) with Rampaging Bullrush Applied:
14 STR + 4 Size + 4 Improved Bullrush + 10 Power Attack (Knockback) + 2 Charge Bonus - 4 (Rampaging Bullrush)
[roll2]
Push back 5' for each 5 points I beat the defender's check and it is knocked prone: I remain in the same space.

AC for the round: 27

Edit2: Having a hell of a time getting the roller to work.

Chambers
2015-05-17, 11:12 AM
Lost Helm Pass

The angry wailing of spirits is matched by the howls of terror coming from atop the cliff. The storm giant curses as two of the creatures run away from the pass, sending loose scree tumbling down. Twin black rays and a sliver of ice slam into the wolf as it snarls at you all and Firefists punch knocks out whatever sense the animal had. It stands there wavering, eyes losing focus as it tries to move but can only stumble.

Kallion's powerful wings carry him up to the top of the cliff to be met by a troll decked out in metal armor, brandishing both a greatsword and a fierce scowl. The ogre slams his own greatsword against the troll and it cuts into the trolls armor, sending a splash of green blood towards Kallion. The troll tumbles back surprised by the strength of the blow and lands on his back, never keeping his eyes off the ogre. He scrambles to his feet and draws a small axe from his belt as he does, throwing it at the ogre with a howl of rage.

As swords are drawn and blood shed the Ettin looks frightened. He drops the rock next to Anna and grips it's tree trunk in both hands, each head trying to find someone that looks like they're going to hurt the drow. A shower of rocks tumble down the cliff as the storm giant slides down from the top, one hand slowing his descent and the other gripping his greatsword. When he reaches the bottom he shakes his head and snarls. "Wizards..." He says as he spreads his fingers wide and bolts of lightning shoot out from them, convering on Karatzas and then spreading out to Anna & Firefist.

War Troll
Move: Stand up, draw throwing axe
Standard: Attack with throwing axe [-2 range penalty]

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
If the attack hits Kallion must make a DC 25 Fort save or be Dazed for 1 round.

Wolf
4 Negative levels
Stunned for 1 round

? #1
Frightened for 1/4 rounds

? #2
Frightened for 1/4 rounds

Ettin
Ready action to attack anyone who attacks Anna

Storm Giant
Move: Goes through Spiritwall, down the cliff. Taps the Jump & Tumble checks to reduce falling damage to [roll2] nonlethal. He's Huge, so I started his 'falling' descent at 15ft beneath the cliff top (reaching up to grab the edge before going down). Jump & Tumble each reduce it by 10ft, so that leaves 15ft of nonlethal falling damage.
Standard: Chain Lighting (Defensively cast, taps the DC)

Spiritwall: Shaken (no save), [roll3] damage, Fort DC 24 [roll4] vs 1 Negative Level

Chain Lightning: DC 18 Reflex save for half damage.
Karatzas: [roll5] (add [roll6] if the Storm Giant makes the save vs the Negative Level)
Anna & Firefist: Half damage of whatever Karatzas was dealt, Reflex save DC 18 for half again.

Map Update. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2bB2r6W99ZVZ0h5Q3ZHN1ctZm8/view?usp=sharing)

Taelas
2015-05-17, 02:04 PM
Anna seems completely unaffected by the electrical discharge. She shakes her head, chuckling. "Giants," she taunts derisively in the creature's own language.

Taking care to avoid opening herself to a counter, Anna repeats the spell from before. Two rays shoot out of her finger toward the storm giant.

Annalith is immune to electricity damage.

Casting another split ray'd enervation, this time on the storm giant, and on the defensive. Since it's cast as a 5th level spell and I have +19 Concentration, I auto-succeed the check.
Ray 1: [roll0]; if hit: [roll1]
Ray 2: [roll2]; if hit: [roll3]

Chimaera
2015-05-17, 03:57 PM
Captain Bitteraxe watch from the darkness and silently growls as the giant come closer, his axe almost itching to bite the creature's flesh.

He then proceed to chop the guant's arms, legs and head with a quick sequence of attacks.

1st Axe [roll0] dmg [roll1] plus SS and SA [roll2]
2nd Axe [roll3] dmg [roll4] plus SS and SA [roll5]
3rd Axe [roll6] dmg [roll7] plus SS and SA [roll8]
Offhand Axe [roll9] dmg [roll10] plus SS and SA [roll11]
Horned Helm Gore [roll12] dmg [roll13] plus SS and SA [roll14]

dextercorvia
2015-05-17, 04:22 PM
Karatzas

The witch raises his buckler, and is surrounded by wings of force, blocking the lightning. "GIANT. You should have accepted my offer."" A shadow drops off the cliff, following the storm giant down. It lands between Kar and the giant. Karatzas stares up at the giant unflinching, and delivers another spell.

Immediate: Activate wand of Wings of Cover to avoid the Chain Lightning
Free: Command Dark companion to drop down next to the Storm Giant (It can't take damage from a fall.)
Standard: Cast Rebuke DC 23 will save (21 normal +2 because it is a Fear effect) or he is Dazed for 1 round and shaken for another 12. (The storm giant should take -2 to saves and AC from the dark companion, and another -2 from being shaken. I'm counting on the -5 from Anna's enervation as well(TYVM). Casting Defensively DC 17, I have a minimum roll of 19.
Move: Depends on how his saving throw goes. If he passes his save, then Kar will move away, eating one AoO rather than a full attack next round.

cutlex
2015-05-17, 05:58 PM
Hit in the chest by the troll's axe, Kallion finds himself knocked out of wind. He can do nothing but let out a soft moan and lean on his sword to regain his composure.

Wdwune
2015-05-17, 09:44 PM
Firefist

Still focused on the wolf, Firefist is somewhat relieved that the giant decided to come and fight; climbing those cliffs while that guy drops rocks from above should've been problematic.

He instinctively blocks the lightning blast with his arm, and launches a counter attack with a flurry of blows: two fists, a kick, elbow and a finishing punch.

The giant will be next.

Swift: Change stance to Martial Spirit (let me heal 2 hp for every successful attack)

Free: Activate Boots of Speed (extra attack, +1 att, AC, Ref, +30 spd)

Full: Flurry of Blows and Snap Kick vs Wolf
- Attack 1: Att: [roll0], hit: [roll1] dmg and I regain 2 hp
- Attack 2: Att: [roll2], hit: [roll3] dmg and I regain 2 hp
- Attack 3: Att: [roll4], hit: [roll5] dmg (+17 extra dmg if critical) and I regain 2 hp
- Snap Kick: Att: [roll6], hit: [roll7] dmg and I regain 2 hp
- Attack 5: Att: [roll8], hit: [roll9] dmg and I regain 2 hp

Chambers
2015-05-17, 10:22 PM
Lost Helm Pass

The giant takes a step back as his lightning plays over the orcs and drow to no effect. A crawling fear enters the base of his spine and works its way up and he raises one hand to shield his face, but Bitteraxes blade cuts lower, digging into the giant. The Ettin seems confused by the spells being slung about and shouts at the storm giant, "Stop!"

The wolf yelps in pain at the pummeling from Firefist but the orcs blows seem to be softened by a mystical warding that weakens his attacks. By all rights the wolf should be dead but it raises its head and snarls at Firefist before snapping at him with its enormous jaws, trying to bring him to the ground.

The troll smiles a toothy grin at Kallion and slowly advances, swinging his greatsword in wide arcs. He grips it with both hands and takes an overhead chop at the dazed ogre.

Storm Giant: Dazed

Wolf: Bite on Firefist

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Free Trip attempt on hit, Strength check [roll2]

War Troll
Move: Move adjacent to Kallion (square K9)
Standard: Greatsword attack

Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
If the attack hits Kallion must make a DC 25 Fortitude save or be Dazed for 1 round.

---

Begin Round 3.

dextercorvia
2015-05-17, 10:46 PM
Karatzas

Kar continues to focus on the Storm Giant. He raises a palm and sends his own ray of dark energy into his enemy. Then Kar rebuke's the creature once again, "GIANT. You are pathetic."

Free: Keep Dark Companion where he is.
Standard: Defensively cast Enervation [roll0] vs touch AC for [roll1] negative levels. Auto pass the defensive casting check.
Swift: Activate Circlet of Rapid Casting and casting Rebuke for a DC 23 will save vs. Daze again.
Move: Same as last time, if he passes the will save I'll add in a move here.

Chimaera
2015-05-17, 10:48 PM
Captain Wurm look at the giant almost helpless and move in for more attacks but just as he was about to strike he disappear from sight as the invisible blades cuts high and low on the giant.

Swift to turn invisible for 1 round (not just the first attack).
Full Attack

1st Axe [roll0] dmg [roll1] plus SS [roll2]
2nd Axe [roll3] dmg [roll4] plus SS [roll5]
3rd Axe [roll6] dmg [roll7] plus SS [roll8]
Offhand Axe [roll9] dmg [roll10] plus SS [roll11]
Gore [roll12] dmg [roll13] plus SS [roll14]

Add +4 damage per attack if he's an arcanist (which he porobably is considered, since he got SLA).

Taelas
2015-05-18, 08:29 AM
Annalith tilts her head to one side, studying the dazed giant for a moment, then explodes into motion again, fingers moving in intricate patterns.

She tells the storm giant, "Surrender and we might let you live!" The words are backed up with magical power.

Casting suggestion defensively as a spell-like ability on the storm giant. Will save, DC 29.

Wdwune
2015-05-18, 09:52 AM
Firefist

"C'mon, doggie!" shouts Firefist in disappointment as he easily dodges the wolf's bite attack. "Yer tough, but I think I misjudg'd ya by thinking of ya as som'thin' more than a wild beast."

He counterattacks with another flurry, not that fast as the previous one, with two punches, kick, and another punch, at the time he shouts. "Prove me wrong, doggie! Ya can do better."

He slides his right foot back and changes his guard, focusing his attention on the storm giant.

Full: Flurry of Blows and Snap Kick vs the wolf.
· Attack 1: Att: [roll0], hit: [roll1] and regain 2 hp
· Attack 2: Att: [roll2], hit: [roll3] and regain 2 hp
· Snap Kick: Att: [roll4], hit: [roll5] and regain 2 hp
· Attack 4: Att: [roll6], hit: [roll7] and regain 2 hp

Swift: Change stance to Stance of Clarity (+2 AC vs the Storm Giant, -2 AC vs the others, including the wolf)

cutlex
2015-05-18, 02:19 PM
When Kallion regains his focus, he lifts his head to find his enemy mid-stride. He stands tall and rips his sword from the ground, slashing at the troll with one brutal, fluid motion. He bellows into the wind, "TROLL! AID!"

Attack:
12 AB + 14 STR + 2 Enhancement - 1 Size - 1 Power Attack
[roll0]

Damage:
3d6 + 21 STR + 2 Enhancement + 2 Power Attack
[roll1]

Knockback with Rampaging Bullrush: opponent knocked back 5' plus 5' per 5 extra winning points and knocked prone
14 STR + 4 Size + 4 Improved Bullrush + 2 Power Attack - 4 Rampaging Bullrush
[roll2]

cutlex
2015-05-19, 12:47 AM
Kallion watches the troll flail, falter, and fall backwards into the storm. He admires his glistening blade, feeling his bloodlust seeming to throb in his ears. It overwhelms him, and he unleashes a primal roar and looses his birthright: a pungent cascade of acid.

His thoughts are a torrent that he forcefully coalesces into purpose. The bigger battle. I mustn't forget the bigger battle.

He turns, wipes acrid spittle from his mouth, and stiffens his wings, steeling himself to descend through the tempest.

[roll0] Acid damage REF DC 16
[roll1] rounds until next use

He drops into the gorge next to the storm giant, within attacking distance, avoiding the spell effect.

Chambers
2015-05-19, 07:47 PM
Lost Helm Pass

The storm giant shrinks back from Karatzas commands and life-draining magic, only barely noticing Wurm as the orc captain slices into his flesh. He nods at Anna and drops his sword with a great thud, dropping to one knee, still towering over you all. "Yes, I surrender!" He says and glances between Anna and Karatzas with fear in his eyes. The wolf shudders as Firefist cracks his skull and he flops to the ground in a wet mess. As the dead wolf lays on the ground twitching, the body shrinks and changes into that of a male human, deeply bruised and bleeding from his head. Tribal tattoos cover his body in intricate designs and his lifeless eyes stare into the rain.

Atop the cliff the troll snarls in frustration as Kallion manages to check his swing and knock him backwards once more. As he rises to his feet the acid breath covers him and he lets out a howl of real pain, his green skin bubbling and blistering. The last sight Kallion sees before he descends into the pass is the troll scrambling to his feet and running away, ducking into a crevice that leads somewhere deeper into the rocky terrain.

The ettin smiles with both heads and slams his tree trunk on the ground in celebration. "Friends stop fighting!" He says, his fear gone.

Wdwune
2015-05-19, 08:53 PM
Firefist

"Looks like I was wrong," the orc mutters in surprise after seeng the wolf's transformation. "Ya were MORE than a wild beast."

As he lets the rain wash his hands, he overhears the giant's frightened submission as well as the ettin's joyful exclamation. Then he notices the human is no longer twitching, and approaches him. "Ya knew what ya were gettin' into, Dogg- Human, but ya'll learn from yer mistakes in yer next life."

"Any help 'ere?" Firefist requests as he takes a look at the tattoos on the wolf-human's skin. "I wanna know where these marks come from."

Rolling Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0], or Psicraft [roll1] (my highest knowledge skills) to see if the tattoos are magical or psionic.

dextercorvia
2015-05-19, 09:08 PM
Kar trusts Anna to keep the Storm Giant occupied. "You should have accepted my offer," he says, and then orders the Giant to empty his pockets and pouches. "The weregild on my dead orcs just increased. I hope you have enough to cover it, " he says menacingly.

When the giant is finished, he turns to help Firefist search the dead shapeshifter, "Well, What have we here?"

I've got Arcana trained a bit:[roll0] we can hope for a lucky roll.

Take 10 to search the body for anything useful.

Taelas
2015-05-20, 01:38 AM
Annalith laughs in delight. "Wonderful!" she exclaims. She tilts her head slightly then casts a quick spell on the kneeling giant.

Charm monster, as before.

"So. Now that we are so much better friends, how about you tell everything you know about the jarl? His daughter, also." Anna smiles but there is little friendship in her eyes.

Chimaera
2015-05-20, 06:36 AM
Captain Bitteraxe look at the giant... With rage burning in his eyes. That was a quick victory and he was hoping to get a kill at least... He take a look at the tattooed werewolf and ignored it.

His part was done: he wasnt a diplomat or one who would know about tattoos and magiv circles, so he decide to strip people's good and mount a pile of.anytjing that could be useful.

cutlex
2015-05-20, 10:11 AM
Kallion sheathes his sword and begins fumbling through his belt for a wand. "We should find those trolls: there's no telling how many other confederates they have in the area and we can't be sure there won't be another ambush."

He growls as more sweat is washed into the wound on his chest and he looks at the drow. "And can you make him do something about this damn storm?"

Chambers
2015-05-20, 05:02 PM
Lost Helm Pass

"Yes, Mistress." The giant says, then frowns. "You drow women like to be called Mistress, right? I'm Lanou." The giant returns Kar's glare and tears off one of the small pouches from his belt, small for a giant, that is. He drops the sack to the ground and it lands with a thud, a few platinum coins spilling out. "That should cover your dead." He growls, then glances at Firefist.

"That was Elf-Killer, a Lord of the Mountain Wolves. I'd watch your backs once word gets out you slew him." He says and nods to Firefist. "His people will repay blood for blood, no matter the cost...and be thankful he missed you with his jaws, else you would have joined his tribe the next nightfall." He shrugs at the mention of the tattoos. "Some kind of religious scarring, all the Mountain Wolves have similar."

Wurm spends a few minutes searching through orc packs and weapon belts, finding a few hand weapons worth saving and plenty of rations for everyone for weeks. All of the orcs had small mementos from their tribe, strips of colored cloth and teeth and fingers from fallen enemies. Two of them had complete sets of climbing gear while another had stashed a fine bottle of elven wine at the bottom of his pack, stolen from who knows where. The rock bags of the hill giants were filthy and a stench like rotted meat wafted from them, most likely caused by the torn heads of deer and other game stuffed inside along with sticks, rocks, and a child's doll in one bag.

The satchel of Many-Tongues was torn open and mostly empty save for a single piece of foolscap that had managed to get stuck under the cover, still mostly dry and legible, while the rest of his documents were scattered to the winds and soaked in the rain. The paper had a single line of writing on it underneath a drawing of a symbol; three circles with rings intersected forming an inverted triangle, written beneath it in draconic script 'sun, stone, shadow.'

He grimaces at the mention of the Jarl. "Everything you need to know about the Jarl is that when he's gone Gerti is going to take over. There's some that think otherwise, but they'll be convinced or lose their heads and find themselves on her mantle." He says. "All of the giants in the Spine pay her homage, either directly as part of her personal forces or through their allegiances to the Jarl. There hasn't been an order from the Jarl in years that hasn't been spoken from her mouth."

"You want to go make deals with her..." He says, looking at Kar, "I'd suggest a different approach than yours here. She eats wizards spells and belches them back out." He says and smiles. "Or perhaps not. It'd be fun watching her tear you apart."

Lanou shakes his head at Kallion in amusement and then claps his hands. The sound echoes the thunderclaps coming from the storm. "There. Should lighten in a few minutes." He squints and looks closer at Kallion, a grin spreading across his huge face. "I'm trying to decide which of your parents was uglier. What do you think mistress, mother or father?"

The ettin looks at Kallion with both heads, one from each angle. One head says "Mom ugly!" while the other shouts "Dad ugly!", and they begin to argue between themselves.

The storm giants money pouch backpack looks like there's a couple hundred pieces of platinum.

The tattoos on the wolf are actually some kind of psychoactive skin that responds to touch.

Taelas
2015-05-20, 05:23 PM
"Mistress will do just fine. 'Lanou.' I like it." She sends the storm giant a friendly smile.

Anna barely gives the money "pouch" a glance, and offers little more for the werewolf.

She nods. "We will approach the Jarl's daughter with care and diplomacy," she assures Lanou absently, lost in thought.

After a moment, she shakes her head, then glances at Kallion. She snorts. "That one? Either parent was likely hideous beyond the capacity for description," she tells the giant flatly--pointedly ignoring any response from her half-dragon teammate.

dextercorvia
2015-05-20, 08:35 PM
Kar scoffs at the suggestion that he had anything to fear from Gerti. "I didn't bring this fight to you. I gave you our intentions honestly, even after your unprovoked ambush. If you had accepted my deal, I would have cast no spells. Hopefully Gerti is wiser than you." Thinking of Gerti reminded Kar of their mission. He had almost completely forgotten about Many-Tongues in all this. "Where is that fool translator? Come pick up your things before they are ruined!" Kary yells to the skinny orc as he looks around for the rock that coward had certainly crawled under.

dextercorvia
2015-05-20, 09:39 PM
Kar spots the skinny orc's torso, mostly removed from his lower body, and he jumps into action grabbing for any scraps of paper that he can find. He realizes that most are hopelessly gone, but scrounges for any good news.

cutlex
2015-05-20, 10:06 PM
Applying a wand liberally to his wounds, Kallion stiffens for a moment when he hears the insults being thrown his way. He insists, without looking at anyone in particular, "We should move on, either to collect this one's 'friends' or to see what kind of audience we can muster with the giantess. Our failure only magnifies as we make Obould wait." He turns his eyes to the fallen orc, strewn with ruined papers more important than his life. "As will his anger."

Wdwune
2015-05-20, 10:45 PM
Firefist

"Hm? Are ya sayin' the doggie was Lord o'Wolves?" Firefist inquires rethorically as he rises his eyebrows. "Well, his people shoul' know he fought wit' honor an' tried 'is best to take a bite of me. I was jus' faster an' luckier. If 'is kin wanna come after me, then I can't do any other thing but wait fer 'em."

"An' how coul' I poss'bly join 'is tribe if I'm dead? Huh?" the orc continues as he shrugs and chuckles, apparently not having a clue about lycanthropy.

He approaches Kallion. "C'mon pal, let's focus on the trolls later, mebbe after the rain stops. Unless this guy" -he points at the storm giant with disdain- "wanna tell us more 'bout 'em."

Chimaera
2015-05-21, 05:35 AM
"I dont think the wartrolls know much about our mission, but just in case I think we should track them and kill them. Just to be safe", he then look at Lanou, "Where is Gerti's lair? And what about the Jarl's lair? And hiw much you treasure your life?"

Wdwune
2015-05-21, 08:57 AM
Firefist

While the squad negotiates with the storm giant, Firefist goes back to the human corpse. As he draws his dagger ready to remove one of his fingers, he notices that the tattoos can be removed as well. The orc does his best to remove them without risking activating them by accident, and stashes somewhere in a pouch (if possible) or on an empty spot of his own skin, where they could be inactive until Firefist can figure how do they work and how to activate them.

Chambers
2015-05-24, 08:17 AM
Lost Helm Pass

Lanou shrugs. "The trolls have gone back to their cave warrens, is my guess. Too small for me to follow but if you feel like wandering through miles of tunnels to die at the hands of a pack of them, be my guest. Most of them are that way." He says and points to the east. The storm has lessened in the few minutes from the battle and though it still rains there's no thunderclaps or heavy storm clouds. He chuckles as Kaz scurries about trying to catch soaked parchment. "The Jarl's castle is about two leagues north of here. Gerti stays there as well. Mistress, I suggest you allow me to escort you there. There are more patrols and guards between here and there and this one.." He says, nodding his head towards Kaz, "...will likely try and fight them all. I know the pass phrases."

"If you're done with his corpse, we can leave." He says to Firefist. The bodies of the giants and orcs lay strewn about the pass, still lain where they fell. "Scavengers will be by later to deal with the dead."

Wdwune
2015-05-24, 01:06 PM
Firefist

Once the rain stops, the orc warrior looks for a secluded place under the cliff and takes about six minutes to quickly meditate and recover his physical and mental energy.

Take 1 full round to recover my PPs, then 5 minutes to change my readied maneuvers.

Chimaera
2015-05-24, 01:44 PM
"Ok", growls Wurm," You live. Guide the way".

dextercorvia
2015-05-24, 01:47 PM
Karatzas

Having no luck finding any papers worth saving, Kar folds up the one protected sheet and slips it into his haversack before turning to Anna. "Bring your new friends if you want, but 'this one' is fairly certain who started that fight."

He walks right up to the temporarily subdued giant. Kar collects the offered platinum dropping it into his open bag, "Giant, Lanau, if you must refer to me, you may call me Karatzas, or just Kar if the other is too difficult for you. But, no, I won't back down from a fight if someone brings it. I didn't think much of you before, but I can admire that you are someone who faces even defeat with pride. I have no doubt that you would crush me into a pulp if you got the chance, but you should also know that I will gladly eviscerate you and leave you for the predators should you try. Still, I've worked with others that I trusted less, and I still stand, so I seen no reason not to be civil."

He shoulder's his bag again, and makes ready, "We should be off quickly."

I figure we can divvy it up later. I'm not trying to hoard the loot.

Taelas
2015-05-24, 04:49 PM
Anna smiles enticingly at Karatzas. "Next time, Kar, why don't you let me do the talking," she says in a soft, almost cloyingly sweet tone. She takes Lanou's enormous hand and caresses the back of it. "No worries, sweetling. Everything will be fine," she tells the giant in a purr.

She sends the rest of the party a telepathic message: "Just leave the giants to me. As long as you don't antagonize them, my spell should keep for a little over a tenday. I'll try to get those pass phrases out of Lanou so we won't have to rely on him, but until then, he'll be useful for that, at least."

Annalith waves at the ettin, indicating he should follow as well, and as they begin traveling again, she strikes up a friendly conversation, inquiring about the daily lives of the two giants.

dextercorvia
2015-05-26, 10:18 PM
It would be fantastic if you'd do the talking, drowess. These giants are too stupid to know what they should fear. Kar thinks at Anna as they restart their journey.

Chambers
2015-05-30, 07:27 PM
Spine of the World

Lanou merely grunts at Kar and nods his head north. "This way. Mind the bodies." He says and steps over the fallen giants. Beyond the pass the trail levels off over a field of rocks and dirt, now mud from the downpour. After a few minutes of trudging the rain finally stops and the clouds begin to clear a little, a sliver of a moon shining weakly. The ettin follows close to Anna while Lanou leads out in front, brushing aside fallen boulders and debris with his huge hands. After about an hour of walking around stone outcroppings and following winding paths through crevices Lanou holds up his hand for you to stop. He steps forward and waves both arms at two giants resting against a crude lean to less than a bowshot away. One of them picks up a nearby rock and pantomines throwing it and Lanou shakes his head, waving him away. The giant shrugs and sets the rock down and the two of them go back to picking apart a deer carcass.

"Not much further, Mistress. There's a high road that switches back up that hill." He says and points ahead. In the distance over a few rises you can make out some lights in the darkness, somewhat higher up than you are now. Lanou clears his throat as you all start forward again. "Uh...Gerti might want to let her boys have a bit of fun with you all before she'll talk to you, me bringing you in or not. Nothing you can't handle of course, Mistress, but if that one can keep his mouth shut I'm sure you'll be able to talk them out of it. Otherwise..." He glances back at Firefist and Wurm. "Keep your swords ready."

As you cross over the intervening hills each one is slightly higher than the last until you're above the treeline of the others and can see the northern glacier beyond the mountains. Known as Reghed Glacier, it stretches for miles, running parallel with the Spine of the World and forming the region's northern border. Either the air is getting colder or it's just being able to see the gigantic sheaf of ice that causes a chill, some small animal part of yourself shrinks back from the sight. Someday, in eons yet to come, the ice will creep down from the north and cover these mountains and expand to the realm below, blanketing the world in cold, white silence. The firelight from the nearby Keep seems feeble in comparison to this literal force of nature, yet Lanou seems to quicken his step towards the Jarl's Keep nonetheless.

The first barrier at the bottom of the switch back is simple, yet efficient. Huge boulders form a line the blocks the road, illuminated by torches the burn bright but give no heat. Lanou simply grips one with both hands and lifts it up, waiting for you to pass beneath before setting it back down. Someone standing guard on the parapet of the massive keep shouts at you, a wordless challenge. Lanou replies in the same, then slams his hands together three times in loud thunderclaps. He looks down at Anna, then nods back towards the ettin. "Some of her troops need a simple code to remember." He shrugs then starts up the switchback, while more figures join the guard above to see who is coming up the path. Up ahead you can see a massive door set into the stone wall and sharpened tree trunks ring the wall beyond it.

It's about two hours of travel time, and it's now well past sunset (about 4 bells of First watch (http://www.navy.mil/navydata/questions/bells.html)). The Keep is very big, built for Huge size creatures. From your views of it as you approach it appears to be a simple rectangle, 300ft long on this side you can see. The walls are 50ft high.

Chimaera
2015-05-31, 02:17 PM
Wurm walks silently and dont speak much, his mind a complete mystery.

Once they reach the keep Wurm take a look at the watchers and count how many defenders are maning the walls.
"So we can just enterthe Keep now? Or will they want us to prove we our might?", he says and take a step ahead holding his double axe, but leave the talking to the babbler drow mistress.

Taelas
2015-05-31, 02:37 PM
Anna shivers from the cold and rubs her arms vigorously to try and bring some warmth to her skin.

"Thank you, friend," she tells Lanou, managing a smile at the storm giant.

Taking a deep breath, the faux drow elf steps forward, ahead of her companions. "Greetings!" she calls up to the huge door. "We seek an audience with Gerti, queen of the frost giants. We come in peace, as emissaries of King Obould."

dextercorvia
2015-05-31, 03:28 PM
Kar holds his peace, and follows the others. He remains alert for any sign of threat.

Spot: [roll0]

Wdwune
2015-05-31, 05:25 PM
Firefist

Firefist walked swift and silently with the group, ocassionally acting as forward scout.

When he sees the vast glaciers, Firefist instinctively tighens his muscles and closes his cloak to protect himself from the cold winds. "Hm... I jus' hope he's not thinkin' on makin' us clim' that thing," he mutters to himself. "I'd 'ave to grow hair on my fingers 'n toes..."

But once they arrive to the huge fortress, he approaches Cpt. Bitteraxe. "We shoul' prob'bly wait for the drow lady's silver words to take effect, cap'n," he replies to Wurm. "But yer right. We'll be provin' our might soon'r or lat'r. These guys are like us, they love mayhem, that's why King Obould needs 'em."

Manifesting Augmented Biofeedback (damage reduction 4/- for 9 minutes, 7 pp cost)

cutlex
2015-06-02, 12:09 AM
Kallion walks uneasily behind the drow and her escorts. Seeming not to notice the cold, his scarred flesh glitters slightly in the moonlight under the dull, oversized chain links.

Having spent most of the time idly spinning his ring and avoiding the ettin's stare, he is relieved to overhear the monk addressing Bitteraxe. He saunters to the pair and adds, "The only giants I've met have been as foul as tall with ill tempers and ego to match." He glances at their guide, then back to the pair, unsure how well his voice carries in the clear air or whether he cares. He decides to speak more softly. "Silver tongue or not, they will want to push us around. Mission first, bloodlust later."

Chimaera
2015-06-02, 05:42 AM
"Yhe mission always comes first. I just wonder what are they planning for taking so long... Maybe we should start moving to the gate?" he takes a few more steps ahead.

Chambers
2015-06-07, 07:32 PM
Ice Keep, Spine of the World

Wurm scans the battlements and picks out a handful of large figures standing guard above them, a mix of giants and ogres, each equipped with armor that gleams in the torchlight and bearing many weapons. One of the figures, a frost giant, leans over the parapet and looks down at all of you in turn, then glances at the drow. "Enter then." He stares at Lanou for a moment and shrugs, then yells down behind the walls. "Open the door!"

You can all hear gears grinding and metal chains creaking as some mechanism is moved and the metal 'door' starts to slide down into the ground. It slams into place even with the frozen ground and the giant waves you inside. Passing through the gate you see an enormous creature formed entirely out of ice directly past the entrance, seemingly carved from a single block of ice. Crafted to resemble a wizards golem, the figure stands motionless as you walk around it. The lower bailey of the keep was little more than an open field surrounded by walls as high as the outer walls. In the western wall, and the northern wall directly ahead of you were two doors of equal size of the one you passed through. Stairs cut into the wall nearby led up to the battlements and the roofs of the massive buildings beyond the inner walls could be seen just past them.

The guard who let you in picks up a mallet and bangs it against a large gong, three times, letting the loud crash ring out each time. "You're here to see the 'Queen', eh?" He shouts down and laughs. "Careful the Jarl doesn't here such talk. Lanou! What's that idiot doing?" He asks, pointing towards the ettin who is scraping the ground with his tree trunk. The ettin looks up with one head while the other says "Ah!" as it grabs a handful of weeds from the icy ground and hands it to Anna. "Flowers." He says.

Lanou shrugs, then bends down to speak to Anna. "Three rings, that's normal. A messenger will be sent out from the keep soon." He straightens up and glances at the guards on the wall. A few of them are watching your group in return while the rest have turned their backs, gone back to the business of keeping watch. A gust of wind rises over the battlement and sweeps through the open door, making oddly sounding musical notes when it passes over the skin of the ice sculpture. The guard on top stomps his foot twice and a moment later the gears somewhere inside the walls start turning, slowly raising the gate back up. The wind dies down and the bailey is quiet, the only sound the creaking of the chains.

A moment later, the stillness is broken by a loud boom from inside the keep itself. Something erupts from the roof of one of the buildings and flies in a high arc through the sky, landing with such force to shake the ground, then skidding along the frosted grass half the length of the field. The figure shakes its head and wearily gets to its feet and stands. "I'll take that as a 'no'." The titan says with a laugh. He glances down at the group of you while straightening his robe. "Orc, orc, drow, ogre, wyrmblood. Captured by the giant and ettin? No." He says and holds one massive hand out straight towards the keep. Moments later a gargantuan warhammer flies through the hole the titan made and soars towards him, the titan catching it. "Well, your business is none of mine, but if you're here to see Gerti I don't think tonight is the best night." He says.

The guards on the wall have all turned their attention towards the titan in the field, readying their weapons but staying on the battlements. Lanou steps in front of Anna and glares at the titan.

The inner bailey is a field of hard, frozen dirt. It's 40ft wide by 70ft long (the northern wall being at the long end).

Chimaera
2015-06-07, 09:02 PM
Captain Wurm look at Lanou and at the drow, "Someone better explain to him cause I'm no good with words...", he says gripping doubleaxe and using it to scratch his back.

dextercorvia
2015-06-07, 10:26 PM
Karatzas

The witch stares unflinching at the titan. Anna requested that he let her do the talking, and it was likely best for the mission. The mission always came first. So, Kar contents himself by glowering menacingly.

Taelas
2015-06-08, 04:41 AM
"Not now, dear," Anna tells the ettin absentmindedly, the way a beleaguered parent might dismiss a child clamoring for their attention while they are engaged in important business.

The faux drow stares in shocked surprise at the titan, before visibly pulling herself together.

"We are prepared for the risk," she says, voice carefully controlled. "Do you bring word from Gerti?"

Wdwune
2015-06-08, 05:35 PM
Firefist

Firefist just stands in one of the sides of the formation, admiring the rustic architecture of the giant fortress; it was just similar to those caves back in the mountains, only bigger (and colder). He instinctively sharpens his smell sense as a cautionary measure.

He shrugs swiftly. "Um, I wonder what 'e means when 'e says 'tis not the best nite," he mutters as quietly possible so that only his teammates can hear him.

Adopting Hunter's Sense stance (grants me scent ability).

Also, Sense Motive on the titan to guess his true intentions: [roll0]

Chambers
2015-06-14, 08:49 PM

The titan glances down at the drow and shrugs. "Word for thyselves from her? No." He says and then stares into the middle distance, focusing his eyes on something only he can see. His free hand begins making a pattern in the air and then he clenches it and rips downward, like pulling a thread from a piece of clothing except in this case the thread was pulled from the Weave. A yawning portal opens up before the titan showing a bustling city in much warmer climes. He looks through the portal and hefts his giant hammer onto his shoulder.

He pauses before the gate and looks down again. "I would leave you with a word from myself though. If you come to parley, make sure your words have the strength of that one's axe." He says, nodding to Wurm. "Take luck." He says and then steps through, the portal sealing itself up behind him.

Lanou blinks. "Uh..." He says, not sure what to do. The door at the far end of the wall slam open to save him from trying to figure out something to say, and a squad of frost giants hustle their way across the field. Flying slightly behind and above the battle ready vanguard is Gerti, clad in shimmering ice armor, carrying an electrified spear and looking seriously pissed.

The six giants stop when they near you, their long spears of freezing iron held ready, the business ends just a little too close to you for comfort. Gerti flies up and over and lands before them. Lanou steps forward and bends down to one knee. "Baroness." He says. "The titan opened a gate and fled." The ettin stays by Anna but goes down to one knee as well, one head bending towards Gerti while the other looks up at Anna.

Gerti tightens her grip along the spear. "My business with him was not finished." She says, her voice as cold as the shadow of the glacier. She glares at Lanou then passes her glare over the group of you. "Who are you, and what is your business at my fathers keep?"

Taelas
2015-06-15, 12:17 AM
When the titan opens the gate, Anna stares fixedly through it, trying to absorb as many details of his destination as possible.

When Gerti lands, she swallows reflexively. Her right hand absently twirls a strand of hair around one finger.

She gives a brief curtsy, before launching into her spiel. "Greetings, mighty Gerti. We bring word to you from King Obould Many-Arrows..."

Annalith curtsies again, presenting nervousness. "King Obould would like to discuss terms for a possible alliance." She hesitates. "Perhaps we have come at an inopportune time, milady. For that, I apologize humbly."

The faux drow glances quickly towards Kar. "If you managed to recover anything worthwhile from that translator's corpse, you can present it now, she sends telepathically to him.

[roll0]

Chimaera
2015-06-15, 09:01 AM
Captain Wurm dont even flinch as the giants come too close with their sharp ice spears. In fact he almost enjoy it: he was born to fight and reborn to slaughter.

However this was not a time for battle, which is sad.
He listen to the drow speech and wonder if he should enter the speaking... But he knows best and keep his mouth shut. Almist in fact, as the lack of combat make him yawn loudly.

Wdwune
2015-06-15, 10:51 AM
Firefist

The orc brawler is not a diplomat, so by speaking he could make things worse. All he could do is lower his head in a show of humility and respect instead.

However, a false step from Anna's speech and those giants would be right after the squad (probably starting with the drow lady), so as the negotiations would advance, Firefist would need to make sure at least the diplomats are well protected in case things go wrong: He prepares his legs to move at high speed and and right in front of Anna if the giants are fool enough to swing their weapons against her.

I know this is probably pointless, but just in case I ready an action to use Dimension Slide to teleport in front of Anna if combat suddenly erupts. Trigger: Right before someone attacks Anna.

dextercorvia
2015-06-17, 07:23 PM
"Obould sends his greetings to you, and wishes health and long life for your father" Kar's tone is subtly ironic when he says father, diplomatically indicating the opposite. "He is most concerned for the well being of your people. We received intelligence about a dwarven threat, and were bringing you that information. Unfortunately our translator was mauled by a wolf on the way here. The only part of the message that survived is a symbol and the words sun, stone, shadow.

Given the circumstances, we have a bit of leeway in our assignment, and would like to do whatever possible to come to a mutually beneficial arrangement between King Obould and the Jarl." That ironic emphasis, again implies that it might be best if the arrangement were with someone other than the Jarl.

Kar is using the secret message usage of Bluff (and taking 10) so that Gerti takes his meaning, but anyone else will need to pass a DC24 Sense Motive check to understand the subtleties. He is offering Gerti carte blanche, here. She can ask them to retrieve the Titan, dispose of her father, or even dress in drag and dance the hula.

Chambers
2015-07-07, 07:35 PM

Gerti frowns at Anna. "Most drow I know would somehow have worked in a veiled insult to me that hinted at my perceived weakness while offering to turn it into a strength...and I don't think I've ever seen one curtsy." She says as the frown turns into a glare. "Twice..." She ignores Firefist as he tenses but the spears of her vanguard do not, the cold iron pointed towards him.

She smirks at Kar. "Yes, many wolves roam these mountains and the dwarves of mithril hall are always planning some new campaign." She says and throws a hand up, begins to turn around to leave. "If you could not even keep your translator safe, what use do I have.." She stops in mid-stride and turns back to Kar, eyes freezing. "Now this dragonblood sounds like a drow." She says. "Offer to kill my father for me...crown me Jarl with Obould's blessing?" She stomps forward and leans down to get in Kar's face. "When I take command of our people, it will be with my father's blessing and the boon of Auril herself, not some scarred orc rabble that pretends to be a king." She says, her breath hot on Kar's face. "I should have you flayed alive for even suggesting it..." She says with a wicked grin and slowly backs up.

"But if Obould is so eager to lick my boots, you may be of some use." She says and plants the butt of her spear in the ground. "In the Lurkwood are a tribe of Uthgardt that have been cast out by the other tribes. Grey Wolf. Their chieftain thinks he can simply choose not to pay tribute to my father...we own those woods, the wolves live there at our pleasure, and die for the same. Bring me his head, and let them know I sent you...then we can talk about what Obould wants to trade."

Taelas
2015-07-08, 03:26 PM
The faux drow rolls her shoulders in a shrug, seemingly shedding her nervousness, like a snake would shed its skin. Abruptly her skin and hair changes color, as she returns to her natural state. Standing before Gerti is a six-foot tall succubus, a pair of wings sprouting from her shoulders, wrapping around her shapely form much as a cloak would. Her hair and eyes are a fiery red, her skin flawlessly pale.

http://i.imgur.com/6MoLt9C.jpg

"Oops," she says, smiling. "I suppose that was a touch too much obsequiousness for a drow, even when facing one of your stature. Well argued, your highness; you've seen through me. Your father would be proud, I'm sure."

The succubus stands unafraid before them, not responding to their reaction to her revelation in the slightest. "You will have the head of the Uthgardt chieftain within a fortnight," she promises with another curtsy, made smoothly with no visible nerves.

She turns from the giant, glaring at Kar. "The subtlety was inspired, but you should have waited until you learned more of her relationship with her father before offering to kill him!" she tells him telepathically, her voice a sneer.

Wdwune
2015-07-08, 03:59 PM
Firefist

The negotiations done, Firefist relaxes his muscles but doesn't move an inch from his position, noticing how the guards react when they notice his guarding intentions. "Whoaa, take it easy guys, no need fer blood spillin' 'ere," he mumbles to the vanguard raising his hands in a submission gesture. "Yer jus' doin' yer job jus' like meself 'ere. Now we'll take leave as Milady Gerti wishes so."

He bows his head again in a show of respect for Gerti, and slowly approaches Anna and with an amused smirk he mutters something so for her ears only. "Looks can be deceivin' can't they?"

dextercorvia
2015-07-08, 10:30 PM
Karatzas

I learned quite a bit about her relationship with her father right there. That was the only way she could answer in front of her advisors, but the fact that we aren't fighting our way out of here says that I was right. Kar smirks at Anna's change, but keeps his eyes on Gerti.

"I assure you, Baroness, that I intended no offense or disrespect. Until my liege wills otherwise, your enemies shall be my enemies. I will demonstrate with this wolf that irks you." Kar smiles at the giantess. By your leave, jarlsdotter.

He turns to exit the keep with the others, sending a thought to the succubus to relay to the others, I can teleport us once we are free of these walls if any of you know which way to the Lurkwood. Perhaps you can read it from one of your new friends.