PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Remaking Classes without homebrew (Runepriest via multiclass)

JackOfAllBuilds
2015-05-14, 01:45 AM
I wanted to ask the boards opinion on something specific, but also thought it might be good to leave it open ended if other people had similar ideas. If there is already a similar thread, please point me towards it.

Anyways, I was thinking about making a Runepriest from 4E in 5E without the need for house ruling or building a custom class, or just heavily re-fluffing a bard. What came to mind is multiclassing, but I wanted the hive mind to weigh in on what works best from level 2 to 20. Cleric and ranger are both wisdom casters, but it doesn't seem to have the right feel, so I thought about some mix of warlocks, favored soul sorcerers and Paladins (any two or all 3)

Taking spells that focus on healing, buffing/debuffing, warding/abjuration, and a more studious divine caster, as reading the runes

JackOfAllBuilds
2015-05-14, 02:18 AM
For example, the first idea I had:

Lvl - Class
1 - Paladin
2 - Warlock: Fiend
3 - Paladin
4 - Warlock
5 - Paladin: Oath of Devotion
6 - Warlock: Pact of the Tome

Then in the order you please, 3 more warlock to a total of 6 and 11 more paladin to a total of 14. Tome for cantrips, likely cleric for guidance, resistance, and one more.
Though favored Soul nets you medium armor, martial melee, and cleric domain spells...

Madfellow
2015-05-14, 11:08 AM
I don't know too much abour the rune priest, but if you want a charisma based divine caster that's more "studious" than the cleric, then I would suggest going straight Favored Soul sorcerer, life domain.

Dontdestroyme
2015-05-14, 12:32 PM
I would do part abjurer part favored soul or cleric.