PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Aberrations/Magical Beasts

ImaDeadMan
2015-05-14, 03:10 AM
I'm trying to put together an interesting list of aberration or magical beast type monsters for a campaign and while the stuff in the SRD is pretty cool, I like to see all my options before I make any final decisions about what will be used. If you guys could help out by just naming particularly cool aberrations or magical beasts along with the source material and maybe why you like them it would be a HUGE help to me.

Milo v3
2015-05-14, 04:43 AM
If PF monsters are allowed, I think Incutilis are rather cool. I was currently just about to make an adventure using them.

Grodair can also be nice, since they alter the battlefield so easily and can be used for plot points amazingly easy with their memories.

DrKerosene
2015-05-14, 07:15 AM
Ephemeral Hangman
CR7 Large Aberration (Extraplanar)
It's coolest ability is Shadow Pocket (Su) ability which allows it to comfortably hide in a 5ft space, or squeeze into a 2-1/2ft space, and the text seems to not change if you advance it to Huge size.
Also, it has a save vs. Slow as a rider on all 5 of it's natural attacks.
Other shadow-themed tricks too.

I'm fond of the idea of Awaken(ed)-Animal Eidetic Wizards, for magical beasts. /pun

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-14, 10:50 AM
Do you just want sword fodder, or do you want campaign bosses? Either way, take a look at Lords of Madness. It is literally the Book of Aberrations, and it's one of my favorite supplements. Tons of great material for building aberration-focused campaigns, plus a bunch of new aberrations. Fiend Folio has some pretty good aberrations, too.

khadgar567
2015-05-14, 01:22 PM
Do you just want sword fodder, or do you want campaign bosses? Either way, take a look at Lords of Madness. It is literally the Book of Aberrations, and it's one of my favorite supplements. Tons of great material for building aberration-focused campaigns, plus a bunch of new aberrations. Fiend Folio has some pretty good aberrations, too.
also there is the twisted lore book herenis the link (http://linuxdigital.net/img/DnD-3.5/Supplements/Races/Monsters/Twisted%20Lore.pdf)