Fans and all!

Mythbusters is awesome.

I am especially excited about the upcoming one-
NINJAS!!!!!!!!!:smallbiggrin:
The only thing I can think of is carnage, explodes, and swords.:smallamused:

Your vote!!

Icewalker
2007-04-20, 01:37 AM
Wait, they have a ninjas one coming up???!?!?!

I must know. When is this, I must see it at all costs.

Great TV show, very funny, very informative, quite inspiring, educationalrific, and more very funny.

I really liked the concrete truck bomb, the Ming Dynasty astronaut, and the tree cannon.

I would like to post a link to a questionably legal site:
http://quicksilverscreen.com (mythbusters section) (http://quicksilverscreen.com/show/48)

Quicksilverscreen has many, many TV shows you can watch on it. I am not entirely sure if it is legal, although a while ago it claimed to be based in a country in which it is legal. They have quite the Mythbusters episode set there.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-20, 01:58 AM
Ninjas + Mythbusters? I demand it NOW. Love the show. The cement truck was very good, the compacted compact was good, and the outwitting guard dogs episode was very usef- educational :smallbiggrin:.

bluish_wolf
2007-04-20, 02:03 AM
Naturally it would be illegal for you to download it, since I know for a fact that US copyright law doesn't allow that sort of thing. Bad, Icewalker. Bad.

Om
2007-04-20, 05:04 AM
There was a thread about this a while ago. But yes, Mythbusters is good. Its TV for engineers.

Samurai General
2007-04-20, 05:18 PM
Yes Ninjas.*drool*
It will be awesome.

EmeraldRose
2007-04-20, 07:53 PM
The old thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34708&highlight=Mythbusters) for those who are interested.

I remember seeing a commercial for the ninja episode...*goes to Discovery.com to search*

Looks like April 25th @ 9pm EST...

MythBusters
Walking on Water (http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=1.13056.24704.3913.x&start=20)
TV-PG (http://javascript<b></b>: void(null);)

It's east meets west in the Mythbusters Ninja Special. Shrouded in secrecy and mythology, not to mention cult popularity Ninjas are perfect fodder for the Mythbusters. In this episode the whole team combine to pit science against martial arts mystique. (From the website)

Dib
2007-04-22, 07:19 AM
oh... that is gonna be sooo cool... I can't remember seeing an episode of mythbusters that I didn't like... and I have the same name as Adam (first anyway), yeah that's not reat feat... but we have very similar personality's... erm... :eek:... I WANT NINJA!!!

Penguinizer
2007-04-22, 09:31 AM
I wonder what ep comes today. I hope its cool XD

Sometimes mythbusters has me giggling evilly.

Brandmund Vahan
2007-04-22, 12:33 PM
I love that show. They lost kennedys brain, heh.

Icewalker
2007-04-22, 12:45 PM
Naturally it would be illegal for you to download it, since I know for a fact that US copyright law doesn't allow that sort of thing. Bad, Icewalker. Bad.

It isn't actually downloading, you are watching it on the internet. There are real issues popping up nowadays involving which countries laws come into effect when a website is based in one country and used from another.

Duffren
2007-04-22, 09:23 PM
What kind of myths are there out there involving Ninjas? And how would they find the Ninjas to test them?

EYanyo
2007-04-22, 09:29 PM
Well, they had a special on pirates, right? It's really only fair that they would do a ninja one, otherwise people would start calling them biased...

zeratul
2007-04-22, 09:32 PM
Hooray myth busters! Hooray questionabely leagel sites!

MethodicalMeat
2007-04-24, 01:21 PM
I like Mythbusters as much as the next guy, but for some reason, I don't put a lot of stock in their experiments, I don't remember why, but the experiments always seem flawed somehow.

nivek1234
2007-04-24, 01:34 PM
I agree that some of their experiments aren't exactly the most scientific (actually it is more that one method proved wrong "automatically" busts a myth that bothers me). That said, I certainly don't mind watching their experiments as it is great entertainment regardless.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-24, 02:10 PM
Yes Ninjas.*drool*
It will be awesome.

As humerous as that sig is, you wouldn't mind putting some of it in spoilers would you? It's taking up too much space.

Soveliss
2007-04-24, 05:03 PM
mythbusters rules
I reject reality and substitute my own
-Adam

Jack Squat
2007-04-24, 05:10 PM
mythbusters rules
I reject your reality and substitute my own
-Adam

Fixed. and yes, that is an awesome quote. I'm not sure how many times I've used it in everyday situations.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-04-24, 06:37 PM
I really like the show but I must say I was dissapointed with one of thier recent episodes.

The one about flying birds in a truck. They claimed that the question had vexed scientists for years... which is complete nonsense. Anybody with a high-school level knowledge of physics already knows that the weight of the truck will not change when the birds take flight inside of it.

ugh... At least they got the result right and I still like the show though.

zeratul
2007-04-24, 07:00 PM
Fixed. and yes, that is an awesome quote. I'm not sure how many times I've used it in everyday situations.

I have a friend with a T-shirt of that quote.

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2007-04-24, 09:24 PM
I LOVE THAT SHOW. A few expiraments are rather obviously holed, but my inner Pyro loves the explosions at the end of every show. JAMIE WANT BIG

BOOM!

Shadow of the Sun
2007-04-24, 10:01 PM
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" was not originally done be Adam. It was originally said on the low budget sci-fi movie The Dungeonmaster

jjpickar
2007-04-24, 11:24 PM
Oh man oh man! I can't wait for Ninjaaaaaas!

EmeraldRose
2007-04-25, 11:49 AM
NINJA SHOW TONIGHT!!!!

YAY!

I can't wait! I'm going to have to convince my 4 yr old son to give up the TV, fortunately he likes Mythbusters too, and ninjas...so it should be fine! :smallbiggrin:

Agatsuma
2007-04-25, 12:33 PM
Gah, curse you people and your possession of televisions. I am at college, so I give up such hard-to-carry frivolities for the sake of academics. If only I knew I'd be missing Mythbusters and ninjas! ... Luckly they seem to show Mythbusters around four times a day, so I am bound to catch it over the summer

Woot Spitum
2007-04-25, 08:30 PM
I'm watching it as we speak. They're trying to snatch a speeding arrow out of mid-air.

EDIT: Special appearance by the Ask a Ninja Ninja on Mythbusters and on Discovery.com!

EmeraldRose
2007-04-25, 10:09 PM
Hooray for ninja Mythbusters! Although, it really was mostly silliness and the build team making robots...it was still a cool episode! :smallbiggrin:

AND SWORDS!! AND NINJAS!! :smallwink:

Vazzaroth
2007-04-25, 10:20 PM
When is that Ninja one? i was looking forward to it, but always got distracted at the end of the commercial at the time...

Edit: By looks of it, it's over. But yea. It'll be on again. Alot. Also: ASKA NINJA!? OMGZ! I LOVE THAT! [ /freakout ]

Arlanthe
2007-04-26, 05:45 AM
I love mythbusters. It's the only show I can think of really dedicated to skepticism. With all of the crap on TV with psychics and seers, it's nice to see the application of some reason.

Their experiments aren't always the best, but they are also low budget.

Miklus
2007-04-26, 06:49 AM
Mythbusters FTW!

Remember the episode where Kari dares Tory to jump a wagon on his bicycle? Faceplant! Women are evil...and men are stupid...See video at 1:34.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjjEOwESLeg

Kari: "Lets goat him on until he hurts himself!". :smallmad: She's a babe, though. Gotta love the redheads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=&mode=related&v=ykhSLNlx3n0

Joran
2007-04-26, 08:43 AM
It's the only show I can think of really dedicated to skepticism. With all of the crap on TV with psychics and seers, it's nice to see the application of some reason.

There is also Penn and Teller's B****S****. I've only seen a couple of episodes, but they also are big on skepticism. It's only on premium channels though, but you may be able to find episodes on the Internet or on DVD.

While their methodologies are sometimes iffy, I like Mythbuster's a whole lot. Their experiments are often fun to watch and imagine and the way they go about creating them is just pure joy. The hosts also have great personalities and just seem to be having fun most of the time, which is contagious.

I still think someone, if given enough training, could catch an arrow under extremely controlled circumstances. People can swing a bat and hit a 100 mph fastball (of course, not consistently).

Daze
2007-04-26, 09:49 PM
The only mythbusters where I wasnt really satisfied with their "busted" stamp, was the one with the swords. Think it was about "hollywood" myths and about how swords could or couldnt break another sword. (strike it in twain I guess)

they tested it in kind of a messed up way... with high carbon v high carbon metal in various ways.. cool to watch, but not really accurate... especially as it relates to medievel war.

love the show though.. those guys crack me up

TheThan
2007-04-26, 10:00 PM
Yeah, mythbusters is made of win, unfortunately I missed the recent ninja episode, guess I’ll have to catch it in reruns.

Penguinizer
2007-04-27, 10:46 AM
Meh, I hope it comes this sunday :D

I <3 Mythbusters.

Jaykell
2007-04-27, 11:06 AM
W00t Ninja Episode!!!!!

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-04-27, 02:38 PM
I didn't think the show would last this long but they keep finding more good material. Go mythbusters

Samurai General
2007-04-27, 05:38 PM
Adem got humileated again.
For the 17th time

Dib
2007-05-05, 05:08 AM
mythbusters rules
I reject reality and substitute my own
-Adam

great quote... but I still prefer Well there's your problem... but only when Adam does it... no one else can pull it off properly...

Kitya
2007-05-05, 09:58 PM
ARGH! Dib! You beat me! I was going to say that was my favorite quote of all time. Ahhh well. *chuckles*

YOu have to remember, they don't actually show all the experiments, only a few. They do a lot more testing than what we see on the show. They just don't have time to show all of it.

Also, another "skeptic" show would be Ghost Hunters. Yes I know they are believers, but they set out to prove that a place is NOT haunted. Unlike most other haunted shows.

EmeraldRose
2007-05-06, 07:00 PM
Ahh...the Mythbusters Marathon...what a lovely way to spend a Sunday! :smallsmile: that I should be studying instead...oh well...