PDA

View Full Version : 24/7 Life of a Shadowrunner

Lacco
2015-05-14, 03:03 PM
Draven
20th January 2071, 18:27, Seattle

The words "dark and stormy night" occured to Draven as soon as he left the building. He looked up and down the street. It seemed unusually empty, devoid of life. Even the ladies of the night, seemed to be hidden somewhere, and only two members of orcish gang, whose spray tags covered walls of the 12-story apartment building Draven currently lived in, were strolling leisurely down the street. He could also see some hobos in the nearby alley, trying to heat themselves around fire in a barrel.

The neon of the bar across the street bathed him in green light.

For a moment, the sound of rain was almost deafening. His cyberears adjusted the volume accordingly and he could make out silent muttering of the orc gangers, a heated argument in the apartment above him and sound of crashing glass and wood from the bar.

Draven breathed in deep. However, even the rain couldn't fully mask the industrial smells of the area. Still, better than the urine and vomit inside the apartment building hall.

It was quite unlike his previous home.

A gust of especially cold wind hit his face. His stomach rumbled. The fridge in his apartment was empty, save for jar of mayonaise and one half-empty bottle of wine. Luckily, with the money in his pocket, he could go on a good dinner, even to the Eye of the Needle...

... suddenly he heard a soft sound of received message in his head.

Lacco
2015-05-14, 05:11 PM
Gargoyle

The world was a vortex of colours and music. Everything around seemed to move, to flow... everything seemed so relaxed. Even the blue light of his commlink blinked playfully. It was playing his currently favourite song, which was just ending. The short announcement at the end of the song made him only smile and chuckle a bit.

This time, the song was different. The drums seemed louder.

He looked out of the window. The city lights, thousand flickers outside, matted down by the window, which seemed to be made of smoky glass, danced around him. The lights were inviting, pleasant. Suddenly he felt need to express his love for this city of lights...

The drums changed rhytm and started to sound hollow.

His eyes found the commlink. It seemed like its light was dimmed by a cloud in his head. He moved, slowly, towards the table.

Someone was singing. Harsh. Off key. It seemed to destroy the music. The words pierced the clouds.

The crash came too soon. They were not drums. Someone was banging on his door. The singing...landlord's voice?

The world still seemed blurry, but the words were clear.

...you owe me money! And since you're already late, I'm charging you double! I'm giving you 24 hours and if I don't get your rent payment for next month, I'm gonna take what's mine...

He knew what that threat meant. Tamanous.

The world slid into focus.

Gargoyle's eyes fell to the table. There it was. He knew he had the money for something...

...and there it was. Table covered by empty doses of Bliss. His rent money was gone.

24 hours. 4000 nuYen. $#!T!

Surgate
2015-05-14, 05:55 PM
Gargoyle

For so long, and yet so briefly, the world was perfect. Gargoyle's idle, lingering haze left him unprepared for when reality, and its responsibilities came banging on the cheap apartment door. The singing had slipped into the harsh yelling he was accustomed to and after briefly inspecting the table, riddled with useless containers, he slowly stumbled to answer the rude interruption.

The door opened, and Gargoyle grumbled while the world around him became sharp again…crisp and concrete. "You'll have your payment drek. Piss off" He waved a chrome claw dismissively at the landlord, and shut the door again without giving him the proper chance to reply with something undoubtedly nasty. The ork had no time to waste. He had two problems, interrelated, rent and bliss. He knew he had to make ends meet, but it wasn't entirely clear which took priority. 4000+ nuYen.

Gargoyle grinned, popping his neck and sighing as he did so. Of course he could manage that much. After all, it was just another day in Seattle….And the city of lights beckoned him to come and play.

----

Gargoyle left his apartment, adjusting the collar of his leather duster as he crossed into Cutter territory. He had half a mind to look elsewhere, but knew it was about time he visited his old gang mates and the local Boss. They were on good enough terms and he suspected the Cutters might have some work, or at the very least, a direction to point him in. It was only then, while on his way, out and about the streets that he checked his commlink.

Tyeal
2015-05-15, 12:09 AM
Draven

Draven smiled a little at the chime playing in his ears. A pleasant little six-note chime that reminded him of happier times, momentarily forgetting the borderline slum he called home. Sighing some, he headed into his apartment building and into his place, locking the door behind him and seeing what was in the message. He had recently gotten in touch with his regular Johnson, whom he just called Mr. Smith, about work. Up until today, he had largely got a lot of unreturned calls and ignored messages. Taking a seat in his thinkin' chair, he started reading the message, muttering to himself, "At this point, bad news is better than no news..."

Lacco
2015-05-15, 04:13 AM
Anvil

Dawson’s Bar and Grill was a small family establishment in South Tacoma. It was a little run down place that smelled of good steaks and beer and had a good view of opposite parking lot. The neon sign didn't work, but they were offering real beer instead of synthbeer, real meat instead of soy and live music every Sunday.

Pity it’s Tuesday. Anvil quickly checked the ARO with band list for next Sunday on his ‘link. Ok, not really.

The beer was fine though – and it tasted like the real deal. Certainly worth the 10 nY.

He was scrolling down the dinner menu, while playing Pursuit IV. While dodging the virtual police, he quickly compared prices and came out with 24.53% of savings, when compared to other 3 restaurants that offered "real meat". Still too pricy compared to the food he had in the truck... but his small fridge in the truck was mostly packed with krill energy bars and self-heating soy pasta that tastes like well-spiced rubber. And he hasn't eaten real meat or a good meal for 12 days, 5 hours and 32 minutes.

He noticed that the waitress – they had a live one here – coming to him. She seemed a bit tired. And maybe a bit grumpy – he was blocking a table for six so he could see his truck and didn’t order anything except the beer yet. Not that the place was full - a quick glance around told him that there were still 17 places left, which could be increased to 25 if they moved some of the tables... now weave and dodge the two trucks...

...he looked out of the window, to his truck. He liked spending time there, but he desperately needed a shower and a place where he could finally give his truck a proper maintenance. He was on the road for quite some time and the probabilities of breakdown were getting higher without proper maintenance.

The waitress repeated her previous question – if he wants to move to another table or order a meal…

…he didn’t really pay attention - his VR overlay came up with a message. Even the game was forgotten.

Hey man, it’s Jet. Found you the place you wanted. Real beauty. You’ll love it. The rent is a bit on the pricy side, but you set the conditions. The landlord wanted you to pay for first month and some – as a security – today. Said he has some other party interested. I talked him to give you 24 hours. I’m sending you the info in attached file. You owe me - I'm not your %@#$in' real estate agent.

Design the safehouse (I can do it if you don’t have the time) and calculate the rent. Add 50% as security.
That’s the target sum.

Lacco
2015-05-15, 05:28 AM
Gargoyle
20th January 2071, 19:10, Seattle

Gargoyle left his apartment, adjusting the collar of his leather duster as he crossed into Cutter territory. He had half a mind to look elsewhere, but knew it was about time he visited his old gang mates and the local Boss. They were on good enough terms and he suspected the Cutters might have some work, or at the very least, a direction to point him in. It was only then, while on his way, out and about the streets that he checked his commlink.[/QUOTE]

The torrents of rain quickly washed away last brief clouds and lights. The reality of the street hit him quickly. The whole world seemed unfriendly, the people he passed, the lamplights that shone their angry light, the weather - everything added its bit to his bad mood.

Even when he checked his commlink, it didn't help.

His bank account held 550 nY. No messages, except the one from the landlord. And the news...

...Neonet announced they will not refund the faulty new line of commlinks...
...Gang shootout, 5 dead, 3 wounded - gang colours suggest conflict between...
...found in shower. Foul play suspected. Attorney Dana Oaks stated the case may be connected to murder of senator...

He quickly found the correct alley and ventured deep into the Cutter territory. Cutter spray tags multiplied with each step he took. It didn't take more than fifteen minutes to find one of Razor's boys, who recognized him and brought him to Razor himself.

He was surprised, when they brought him inside a building - Razor liked outdoor meetings - but then, he saw Razor and understood.

He lied on a table and well-known street doc was tending to a gunshot wound in his belly. The whole room reeked with booze. Razor's second-in-command, Efreet, and his personal bodyguard, Twine, stood in the corner, silently discussing something. When Gargoyle entered, they stopped and looked at him - Efreet with his usual steel-gray cold eyes, Twine with badly concealed hate.

Look what the cat brought home, doc. Razor sounded dead-tired. It's the pro. Hoi Gargoyle. What brings you here...?

I assume you went on foot (it's not far away) and you took most of your equipment with you.

Lacco
2015-05-15, 05:41 AM
Draven
20th January 2071, 18:28, Seattle

It was a simple automated message.
<<<Your rent payment is now 24 hours late. Please, consider this your warning. If the rent, including penalty of additional 50% of the sum is not paid in next 24 hours, you will be evicted, your possessions confiscated and you will be held legally responsible. If you already paid the rent, consider this message void. This message has been generated automatically by Neonet Automatic Messaging Services. >>>

He looked around the decrepit apartment, the flickering lights, the dripping faucet, the stained carpet and creaky bed. The chair was only piece of furniture he found comfortable here.

Tyeal
2015-05-15, 10:17 AM
He sighed loudly and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Wonder if I can take that back..." he muttered to himself as he closed the message and brought up his bank account. The princely sum of 700 Nuyen. "Well, I can afford energy drinks and some food in these next 24 hours at least." Standing up, Draven collected a pair of trusted firearms from a lockbox hidden inside of his favorite chair, as well as a pair of gloves that crackled and popped when he turned them on. Holstering the handguns on his person and bringing a loaded spare clip for each, he headed out into Seattle once more. This time, with the intent of visiting Mr. Smith directly, since the bastard wasn't returning any kind of call from him. And Dragonuv was not at option while he was desperate.

Making sure both guns were loaded, one with non-lethal gel rounds and the other with lethal, he adjusted his glasses as he walked the rain-soaked streets of the city. Figuring he'd be dropping the nice guy act he had been keeping up in his time with Mr. Smith, and would go for the jugular in his negotiations. "I'm not someone to be trifled with. Even if the rest of the world doesn't know it yet..."

Surgate
2015-05-15, 11:10 AM
Gargoyle

The small measure of funds in his account did little to stifle the irritating splendor that started his evening stroll through Seattle's underbelly. As much as the world and its populace rejected him, he returned the gesture with equal disdain.

The news covering gang violence was mostly nothing new to him. This business concerning the murder of a senator thrown in was surprising to say the least, but it did little to actually change his priorities. Bliss and rent. Bliss to calm him once again…Rent to ensure those organ dealers don't get a chance at his precious internal possessions.

He felt somewhat comfortable returning to Cutter territory. He recalled when he was younger, and left similar spray tags all over their turf. It felt like simpler times. And an indoor meeting? Gargoyle knew something was wrong.

He approached slow, nostrils flaring at the stench of booze. He offered an acknowledging nod to both Efreet and Twine as he stepped closer to the doc and Boss Razor.

Gargoyle chuckled at the pro line. He raised a chrome claw in greetings.

"Hoi Razor. Good to see you alive and well." Gargoyle delivered in dead-pan. "Looking for work, or a lead to a payday. Out of Bliss again and rent is due." He went with the honest approach, shrugging chrome shoulders. He didn't seem proud of the predicament, but alas, here they were, one belly shot and the other out of work.

Thanks! Yeah on foot and with his equipment.

Lacco
2015-05-16, 11:12 AM
Gargoyle
20th January 2071, 19:15, Seattle

Before Razor could muster strength to respond, Twine spat on the floor. Get lost, clawboy. Can't you see it's not a good time?

Razor chuckled.
He still doesn't like you. Twine...? Go out, take a walk for few minutes. We take care of our brothers, even if they turn pro.

Twine left, red in the face, scorching Gargoyle with his eyes on his way out. Efreet stood still, watching Gargoyle like he himself were a stone figure.

Ok, pro-boy. No work from us - we are out of funds - but you can do me a favor. Find the guy who did this - Razor pointed to his gut - and get him to me. Alive if possible, but if you can't... - he smiled, showing his blackened teeth. Not a pleasant smile. ...and as for the leads, you can try this guy... hell, doc, gently!... where were we? Oh yeah, Efreet's got the card - he wants somebody taken care of and we need every hand.

Efreet hands you a card. It's a little bit greasy, but there's a number on it.

And...one question. What did you do to make Twine hate you so much?

Lacco
2015-05-16, 11:23 AM
Draven
20th January , 19:20, Fire & Ice Club, Auburn

Smith’s usual joint was the Fire & Ice club, not very far from Draven’s apartment building. The club itself wasn’t remarkable – just another dance club with elemental theme. Most of the people came her for cheap drinks, the "underground" vibe, bearable music and possibility of not leaving alone.

Some of the people came here for work. Fire & Ice was something of a neutral zone for the fixers and Johnsons – this was practically „no man’s land“ – and neutrality was strictly enforced.

Draven’s stomach growled as he turned round the corner and saw the club.

Even in the rain, outside stood about 20 people – all prepared to go clubbing. The club had to be full – Tuesdays were „Student nights“, one shot on the house for the ladies studying at the U. Or at least that advertised the ARO overlaying the club wall - the one with animation of young girl in "Girls Gone Wild" style.

The bouncers – an ork and troll, both in synthleather, towered over the crowd. With their obvious chrome, as per aesthetic standard of "shadowrun style", they felt out of place outside. But people came here for the „shadowrunner“ feel. And they got what they wanted – however, what most of them didn't know - the club really was a shadowrunner scene.

One of the bouncers, the ork, had a small AR cashbox next to his head and large sign. „No firearms allowed.“

As he walked towards the club, one of the hobos in the alley asked him for spare change.

Since it's one of your contacts - what do you know about Smith?

Surgate
2015-05-16, 01:45 PM
Gargoyle

The statuesque ork ignored Twine's belligerence, but still locked eyes with the bodyguard, burning as they were, until he went outside on orders to cool off. Gargoyle turned back to Razor with some measure of gratitude.

"Apparently not. I'll find the guy. I heard on the news something about gangers killing each other. 5 dead, 3 wounded. I'm assuming you're one of those three. Which gang does this drek belong to and what does he look like?"

He accepted the greasy card with an appreciative nod. "Thanks for the lead. Every hand huh? You know this is my favorite kind of work." Gargoyle was intrigued. His smile was more of a sinister grin, the kind you'd expect a hungry monster to possess, lingering in the shadows for a bloody raw meal.

"Regarding Twine and I…we used to be friends. Best of friends really. Saved each other's asses more than a few times growing up. He had this thing for a shady bombshell broad, we called her Medusa on account of her out of control hair. Guess she had a thing for orks instead." Gargoyle snorted.

"Drek hasn't called me brother since. We even fought it out in front of the brothers once or twice. My claws put the salt on his wounded pride." He studied the chrome blades and sighed.

"All in the past. Part of the reason I turned pro."

When he concluded his conversation with Razor, he turned away and dialed the number from the card on his commlink.

Lacco
2015-05-16, 01:59 PM
Spider

Coffee tasted good. The fact it was for free made it even better. The fact he drank it in VR, in hot sim, made the real stuff seem inadequate.

Spider’s icon swallowed another virtual sip. His brain was immediately assaulted by the sensation of hot coffee, the best brew of java beans, transferred directly to his brain, multiplied by the hot sim. The rush, the sensation, nearly forced him to close his eyes and enjoy it – it was nearly overwhelming, however – by quickly checking levels of his biofeedback filter output in a semi-transparent window, one of many, which circled his persona according to slightest movement of his fingers – it was still under preset threshold.

Still, he modified the filter a bit – he didn’t come here to enjoy coffee. He summoned the leftmost window and quickly checked his meat body in one of the CCTV outputs. He chose this spot for his experiment because this coffeeshop was VR-friendly. He sent a command to his custom EddyT 6.13 video editing program suite, and checked the CCTV output – suddenly the image changed and his meat body changed to one of overweight blonde female.
He smiled. Administrative access with default password – can there be something better?
Yes, there can be.

And he drew a deep breath – a reflex, acquired in meatspace. Made no sense here, but still he did it and pushed “Execute”. His commlink started to nuke the coffeeshop node, slowing it down, giving him few short moments to transfer few cents out of each payment received to a numbered account somewhere in Cyprus. All made possible due to series of spoof commands , commands made due to administrative access and lax security – one patrol IC, non-upgraded OF_SniffingDog? Laughable.

He was patient. Took another sip of his virtual coffee – he had to look like a satisfied customer.

First ping on his account. Maybe this time, he will leave a tip...

Please, roll Spoof, Command and Stealth – a failure on one of them means trouble. Each hit on Spoof and Command will give you 10nY if you keep it up for a round.

Saulk
2015-05-16, 03:15 PM
The Coffee Shop looked a great deal better in VR than it did in real life. For that matter, everything looked better in crisp, hot-sim, VR than it did in real life. Spider smiled. He totally knew what those BTL junkies were on about. This was his home and he loved it. Meat space was so...slow. So boring. He looked ruefully at the cup. The contents did everything for his brain, but nothing for the rest of his body, which still told him that he'd have to eat sometime today. When was the last time he had actually eaten? He flipped open a calendar app. Had to keep track of these things when you were under as often as he was. He'd once heard of a technomancer who kept herself on an IV drip while she was inside. Seemed like a good idea to him.

He was safe though. A soyburger the night before would keep him going for a while, coupled with energy and complete electronic stimulation. Not that his current job was stimulating. This was survival. This was what his ancestors saw when they went out and scavenged for food. He watched as his bank account in Cyprus increased incrementally. A few cents here, a few cents there, and the little pieces of data that no one would miss told his bank account that he had more than he did. 80 nY in a matter of moments - this foraging trip would be a good one, it seemed.

He glanced over to the corner of his peripheral vision at the cartoonish spider that hung beside him, out of sight of anyone but him, though she could see them all. She had a feminine quality that emerged through the cartoonishness. Spider glanced at her window in VR. Armor was always useful, and Analyze was simply what she did. She was his most frequent companion, an Agent that he called "Grandmother". He knew about the technomancers and their sprites, and though she wasn't one, he felt as much of a personality from her as they did. With only the effort of a thought, he spoke to his Agent.

>> Looks like we're going to be able to check into the nicer lot tonight, Grandmother. When we leave here, we will see what we can do about finding a real job.

Lacco
2015-05-16, 04:02 PM
Gargoyle
20th January 2071, 19:20, Seattle

"Apparently not. I'll find the guy. I heard on the news something about gangers killing each other. 5 dead, 3 wounded. I'm assuming you're one of those three. Which gang does this drek belong to and what does he look like?"

This time, Efreet spoke with his soft voice. No idea. Black leather, gray stripe, red symbol of dagger and snake. Never seen such gang colours. It was rather strange - I would say we lost all the way, don't think we dusted one of them.

Razor just nodded, clenching his teeth. Doc was finishing the stitching.

He accepted the greasy card with an appreciative nod. "Thanks for the lead. Every hand huh? You know this is my favorite kind of work." Gargoyle was intrigued. His smile was more of a sinister grin, the kind you'd expect a hungry monster to possess, lingering in the shadows for a bloody raw meal.

Yeah. That's my boy. Razor sounded amused. Efreet just turned his face away.

"All in the past. Part of the reason I turned pro." [/COLOR][/B]

You see, E? This is why we don't let chicks into our little part of gang. Never bring anything good, just trouble. Well, my boy, if you got nothing more you want from me, doc wants me to take a nap. So - good luck with the job. And come by sometimes, if you survive.

On the way out, he noticed Twine in one of the rooms, having a phone call. When he noticed Gargoyle, he turned away from him and continued, more silent.

The air outside didn't change. Still the same rain, same wind, same stench of city. He checked time - his commlink showed 19:23. He dialed the number and waited.

The voice belonged to a man. It was the type of voice, which could make invitation to Playboy mansion sound boring. He sounded like an accountant - and he was afraid.
...yes? Who is this?

Lacco
2015-05-16, 04:14 PM
Spider

Spider felt a flash of unease. It was going well, but the amounts he received were too high. He ran predictions and tried to calibrate it so it would be few nuyen per hour - an amount so low no one would notice if he kept at it for several months in multiple venues. Not that he minded - according to the calendar he had only 24 hours to pay - but this wasn't according to the plan, not according to his model.

The window with his prediction was up - he moved it to overlay current prediction, which he fed the data from bank account. At the moment it was 895% higher and kept rising... at this rate, he would be a millionaire...or dead man in 24 hours.

He quickly moved the camera feed forward and split it into multiple images - the whole coffeeshop was covered by CCTV... he checked the cameras - the guests didn't seem to notice. And even though the coffehouse was full, there weren't enough people for that sum.

Something was wrong. Not that he saw something - just the feeling.

For a split second, he considered an error in his program. A misplaced decimal point? No, he double-checked.

There has to be something else...

You get another free roll for money (the same as previous, but it's 15 nY per success). Patrol IC rolls: [roll0].
Grandmother is running analyze? What are her instructions?
Perception check if he wants to search on cameras, Analyze if in matrix.
If you end the program and successfully edit out the logs (2 successes) at this moment you are golden - and no-one will find out. Or you can dig deeper...

Surgate
2015-05-16, 04:38 PM
Gargoyle

Unknown gang colors? Odd symbol? And they pulled a good one over the Cutters without taking one loss? This could actually be a fun challenge. The Ork nodded at the rest. Chicks were always trouble indeed. He waved goodbye to his former ganger boss.
"Have a good nap Razor. I'll come by more often if I don't end up in a ditch somewhere." He chuckled. Black Comedy was his favorite. He kept his distance from Twine as he stepped out into the grime of Seattle once again.

Time was ticking away. At least Razor pulled through for him, despite being disposed as he was, it felt good to know he still had friends…brothers even, in this forsaken place. He waited for an answer, anticipating anything but the droning reply he received.

Gargoyle grumbled into the commlink, "I'm a friend of a friend who said you have a problem. Tell me how I can help. And what's it worth to ya?"

Lacco
2015-05-16, 04:50 PM
Gargoyle

"I'm a friend of a friend who said you have a problem. Tell me how I can help. And what's it worth to ya?"
Oh. You are one of those... shadowrunners? Oh. Well... I need someone to...well...get off my back. Disappear if you understand me. Ehm...are you interested? Should we meet in person?

He sounded like a freaked-out accountant. Easy money.

Surgate
2015-05-16, 05:14 PM
Gargoyle

"Yes. Name's Gargoyle. And I understand you loud and clear. I'm as interested as it gets buddy." The Ork paused, took a deep breath of city air mixed with the scent of rain. He put a claw on his hip and readjusted posture to something comfortable as he leaned against the side of the building.

"Meeting in person can be problematic sometimes. If you can give me details now I can make them disappear quicker. If you'd rather meet I'm willing to discuss everything over drinks at the Fire & Ice Club. You're looking at 4000-5000 nY depending on these details. Your call kid."

Gargoyle loved easy money.

Saulk
2015-05-16, 09:56 PM
Spider

Spider felt a flash of unease. It was going well, but the amounts he received were too high. He ran predictions and tried to calibrate it so it would be few nuyen per hour - an amount so low no one would notice if he kept at it for several months in multiple venues. Not that he minded - according to the calendar he had only 24 hours to pay - but this wasn't according to the plan, not according to his model.

The window with his prediction was up - he moved it to overlay current prediction, which he fed the data from bank account. At the moment it was 895% higher and kept rising... at this rate, he would be a millionaire...or dead man in 24 hours.

He quickly moved the camera feed forward and split it into multiple images - the whole coffeeshop was covered by CCTV... he checked the cameras - the guests didn't seem to notice. And even though the coffehouse was full, there weren't enough people for that sum.

Something was wrong. Not that he saw something - just the feeling.

For a split second, he considered an error in his program. A misplaced decimal point? No, he double-checked.

There has to be something else...

You get another free roll for money (the same as previous, but it's 15 nY per success). Patrol IC rolls: [roll0].
Grandmother is running analyze? What are her instructions?
Perception check if he wants to search on cameras, Analyze if in matrix.
If you end the program and successfully edit out the logs (2 successes) at this moment you are golden - and no-one will find out. Or you can dig deeper...

Spider blinked, a habit from his real world meat body bleeding over. It was just a beat before his speed of thought reactions kicked in. He wasn't ready to call this a wash yet - he shouldn't have been detectable. He knew he wasn't slipping.

With a fraction of a second's worth of planning he kicked into gear. Grandmother was already set to Analyze the node and all connections to his account. He added an Attack program to her payload as well as an Encryption subroutine, just in case.

He couldn't end the program yet, though, so he scanned over to the cameras. Someone was piggybacking his connection and messing with his operation. He wanted to find out who. He pushed his 'link a tad into the red to bring up a lesser used skin of one of his other Agents. With a poisonous green, Shelob appeared. Shelob was designed for one thing, and one alone; hacking another system.

>> Grandmother, look more carefully at these nodes. We need to know what is going on. Shelob, get me another commlink.

With those commands he pulled up a panorama of feeds and scanned them.

Black Betty runs at -1 til Shelob inhabits another 'link
Grandmother's Analyze - [roll0]
Spoof - [roll1]
Command - [roll2]

Shelob - Exploit, Spoof, Attack, Encrypt
Hacking on the fly for Shelob vs random commlink for admin access - [roll3]

Perception - [roll4] if it's Matrix Perception, [roll5] if it is ordinary.

The plan is to get a random comm, dump my activity to it, watch from the shadows after editing logs to see what happens to it and/or its owner

Tyeal
2015-05-16, 11:22 PM
Draven
20th January , 19:20, Fire & Ice Club, Auburn

Smith’s usual joint was the Fire & Ice club, not very far from Draven’s apartment building. The club itself wasn’t remarkable – just another dance club with elemental theme. Most of the people came her for cheap drinks, the "underground" vibe, bearable music and possibility of not leaving alone.

Some of the people came here for work. Fire & Ice was something of a neutral zone for the fixers and Johnsons – this was practically „no man’s land“ – and neutrality was strictly enforced.

Draven’s stomach growled as he turned round the corner and saw the club.

Even in the rain, outside stood about 20 people – all prepared to go clubbing. The club had to be full – Tuesdays were „Student nights“, one shot on the house for the ladies studying at the U. Or at least that advertised the ARO overlaying the club wall - the one with animation of young girl in "Girls Gone Wild" style.

The bouncers – an ork and troll, both in synthleather, towered over the crowd. With their obvious chrome, as per aesthetic standard of "shadowrun style", they felt out of place outside. But people came here for the „shadowrunner“ feel. And they got what they wanted – however, what most of them didn't know - the club really was a shadowrunner scene.

One of the bouncers, the ork, had a small AR cashbox next to his head and large sign. „No firearms allowed.“

As he walked towards the club, one of the hobos in the alley asked him for spare change.

Since it's one of your contacts - what do you know about Smith?

(Been working with him for about a year. Very by the books, adherent to the rules. They're HIS rules, but rules nonetheless. Just some additional flavor detail: Black guy, mid-late 30's, dresses casual, has a module in his throat that allows him to alter his voice's pitch and tone. A remnant from when he was an aspiring singer)

'I'll get something to eat when I have work.' He thought to himself as he approached the two bouncers working the door. He passed them Smith's business card, watching them scan it to authenticate he was a Runner. He tuned out most of the pounding synth once he was inside, heading for the VIP area first and foremost. Once more, he showed his card to be let in, and made his way to Smith's office.

As usual, the place was tidy, lined with deep, rich colors of red, purple, gold and black, and having no fewer than four guards of various kinds in the corners and by the door. As procedure, he turned over his guns to the guards by the door and approached Smith's desk, standing in front of it and asking point-blank, to the back of his high-backed office chair, "I need work, Smith. You've been dodging me for the last two weeks. No returned anything, and now I can't wait any longer. I NEED Nuyen. So, gimme a job, or you can kiss my list of upper-crust contacts, and all your VIP customers, goodbye."

Intimidate: [roll0]

Lacco
2015-05-17, 12:29 AM
Gargoyle
There was a short pause on the other side of the line.

Then, the Johnson seemed to decide.

Yes. I want to meet you. 20:00 sharp, Fire & Ice club. I will send you a message with information when I'm there - I'll arrange a table or a meeting room.

With this, he hung up, leaving Gargoyle standing in the rain in Tacoma.

In a short time a message appeared on his commlink. Ask for Johnson, give the code phrase "Open Sesame" to the doorman. I will be at the table, tagged with "Mr. J.".

Fire & Ice club is in Auburn. You have 38 minutes left.

Spider

In the corner of his eye, Spider noticed a slight lag - the virtual waitress skipped a table in her rounds, the icons changed positions of hands/heads. The lag was albeit quite small - small price to pay for Shelob's help.

The spider immediately jumped to the next persona and started slowly to spin her webs around it, however, the victim was not caught yet.

The numbers in the window with his account changed - this time around 90 nY was added.

Meanwhile, Grandmother signalled a rapid increase in traffic - no time for in-depth analysis yet, but it seems there is only one source.

The commlink Shelob attacked. He also noticed one guy on the videos - male, caucasian, about 35 - looking at his commlink surprised and jacking in.

For next round, initiative.

Surgate
2015-05-17, 12:47 AM
Gargoyle

He waited anxiously for the reply. This could mean rent and all the Bliss he needed to blow the month away if he desired. He shot a clawed fist into the air with an excited, satisfied gusto as the Johnson seemed to agree, or at least, wasn't scared enough to **** his pants and rethink negotiating with shadowrunners.

He called a taxi with the commlink, and presumably with no problems paid the driver and tipped twenty percent for his services. Gargoyle slipped the extra nY tip without a word and approached the Fire and Ice Club.

He went up to the doormen, the chromed out ork and troll, and waved a chrome claw of his own. "Johnson please. Open Sesame" With the grumbling bravado of a hack magician. A lack of amusement was written all over his grey, heavily scarred face.

Inside his sharp, red meta eyes sought the table tagged with Mr.J, and took a seat before inspecting his client. "Hoi there. Let's continue from where we left off." His chrome claws tapped one after other in quick succession on the table.

Lacco
2015-05-17, 12:54 AM
Draven
20th January 2071, 19:22, Fire & Ice Club, Red Private Room

Smith didn't flinch. Only one of his eyebrows moved a bit up. His voice, however remained calm, collected and as deep and rich as the colours of his office. He removed a non-existant speck from the cuff of his suit and addressed the intruder.

Good evening, mr. Draven. This is no way to conduct bussiness - and I think you are here to discuss bussiness. For the first time Draven knew him, he saw that he is annoyed. Sit down and we may talk. I like eyes at a level. And remember, I have yet to see the list you mention - so you are the one who wants something.

He waited for Draven to sit down. Then he continued in the same calm voice.

I dodged your calls because the scene hasn't been advantageous to work for solo-faces. Most of my clients require fully-fledged teams, or specialists - assassins, magic support...you are neither. You need a team, mr. Draven, if you want to get jobs from me - and you should know - I already told you. Or you need to join a team. Think about it.

He seemed to think about something for a moment and then decide.

If you are able to assemble a team... well, I may have some smaller jobs for you. Until then, there is a fixer, who would fit your need for fast cash. He goes by the street name "Noah". Here is his number - he provides quite a lot jobs in short term - sometimes very short term. It may have been just a play of light, but he seemed to smile - at least, the corner of his mouth moved. And have a dinner, please - my treat. You know I dislike hungry-looking people.

If you want to interrupt his speech, feel free to. If you conclude the bussiness here, he will just nod to you and send you to the club area - with escort if you seem that you want to make trouble.

casualcryptic
2015-05-17, 01:43 AM
"Yeah yeah," Anvil responded "Trolls, always having to play hardass.""Still though, this place sounds right. I'll ride by later and check it out." Anvil sighes as he ends the call. 24 hours was steep. He wasn't entirely sure he could raise the money in such a short time. "7500 nuyen..." He quickly ran the figures on his total assets. "I suppose if push comes to shove I could see a drone." It wasn't a particularly inspiring thought. Still, it wouldn't hurt to put his nose to the ground and see what kind of work he could turn up.

Anvil pulled out his commlink and made another call, this time to one of his fellow navajo, a woman who went by Walks Among the Roots. "Asdzani" he said, using the Navajo word for woman, one of the few he had picked up from casual conversation with other natives. He had used the same word the first time he had met Roots, in order to charm her. He had mispronounced it then, but the ploy had seemed endearing. "I find myself with sudden material needs. Have you heard any whispers on the wind of labors I might be suited for? Actually, I am somewhat desperate. You can tell me about labors I am not suited for as well."

Lacco
2015-05-17, 02:32 AM
Spaz

It was a dream about a beautiful, ancient and massive tree, full of life and mysteries. She flew around, chasing other pixies, having fun...when the sound broke her concentration. She lost sight of them. The tree vanished.

The awakening was never pretty. The world looked a bit more grayish, dark shadows everywhere. Especially in the corner of her apartment, where she never even went. The only light point was the dracaena plant left by the previous occupant - looked healthier now, but still not quite as the wonderful tree from her dream. Spaz focused her eyes and switched to mundane view. The room, however, didn't look better than in astral. She tried to recognize the source of sound. It was her commlink, plugged into the only power source in her room.

New message or a call? She never could remember which sound was which...

She yawned, automatically turned on the trideo. This is something that she loved - in her previous home, she couldn't watch so many channels. With commlink in one hand she channel surfed while she tried to find the message - it was a message after all, but when she tried to open it, the commlink messed up - again.

She wondered, how much could a new commlink cost. Incidentally, she found a message from her bank account.

Well, it surely cost more than she had.

The trideo switched between three channels. On one, a burly news anchor tried to explain the disappearance of certain senator from the scene. The second one was a fire-and-brimstone preacher from some small cult, telling the world how the metahumans were a threat to one's soul. The third one was sports channel - women volleyball, metahuman friendly tournament.

She walked towards the fridge and picked one of the nutrisoy energy bars. Opening it, she noticed an advertisement for some lottery fell out of it.

Spaz finally found the message. <<<Hello little miss. You are again late with the payment - however, I decided not to let you skip another day. If I don't see the payment, including hefty sum for my trouble, I will see that you pay - one way or another. 24 hours, no more. Benny>>>

The loan. A black spot on her otherwise nice life. Now, she'll have to utilize her talent and get some quick cash.

She tried to find weather channel. She found five, one from Aztlan, two European, CAS News 24/7 and one from Vladivostok. Frustrated, she looked out of window. It didn't look well outside - it was raining cats and dogs out and the wind made it nearly impossible to fly in straight line. But she had to go out - and make money fast.

Lacco
2015-05-17, 03:01 AM
Gargoyle

The club was a headache of lights, heat, strobes, AR imagery, sweat and music - if the machine gun rhytm, electronic music and autotuned, electronic voices could be considered music. The club just made him want a drink the instant, especially considering the age of most involved.

The Johnson was easy to spot. He didn't fit in, his suit and tie, 40$ haircut and nervous glances making him seem out of place between the clubbing teens in leather and chrome. The AR tag "Mr. J." looked ridiculous. However, Gargoyle didn't fit in too - his face and obvious chrome claws practically screamed "shadowrunner", and his rain-soaked hair and clothes didn't look quite fitting and the crowd instinctively created a small private circle around him.

"Hoi there. Let's continue from where we left off."

Johnson nearly jumped at the sound of chrome on the table. An AR waitress popped out into Gargoyle's view, inquiring about his choice of drink.

I'm ... Johnson. I'm pleased to meet you mr. Gargoyle. He was sweating, and he seemed to memorize the lines. The job is simple - there is certain woman that is threatening to make my life a living hell. Here is the address and the photo. You can make it look like a burglary - she's got quite a nice house. And she's nothing special - just a pain in the backside. I can offer you 3000 nuyen, 1000 up front. If she's dead until 6AM, I will add another 500.

He drew a deep breath.

So...are we in bussiness?

The address he provided pointed to Bellevue. Rich kids and oldtimers. The photo - a good-loking 40y/o woman, redhead, short hair, with a small teeth and cold eyes.

Anvil
The only response from the troll was an animated gesture. He was a charmer.

Walks Among the Roots was a bit more verbose.

Good to hear from you, brother. I just got some of the toys you so much like. A bit hot, but still useful for someone with your talents. But since you are looking for work... the brothers whisper about certain syndicate hiring outsiders. I can put you through if you want to tangle with them, but beware. And there is an offer for a skilled flyer - someone needs to see through your eyes a deed done, a deal closed. I have also heard about a run against local tribe - they require firepower, magic and technology and the rewards are quite high... or if you don't mind some water, a set of jobs presented itself - all about disappearing act. Tell me, what are you interested in?

Surgate
2015-05-17, 03:24 AM
Gargoyle

He wasn't exactly impressed with the Johnson. This guy didn't fit in at all. But then again neither did Gargoyle. He regarded the AR waitress with a nod, "Whiskey on the rocks."

The Ork showed little to no emotion. An exact foil to the skittish nervousness of the Johnson. He inspected the photo and tapped a single claw where her cold eyes stared. While it wasn't the lucrative amount he was hoping for, he would make 1000 up front and the extra 500 for expediency is all he needed to combine with his current funds and make rent. No point in getting picky over the price.

"Dead by 6AM for a total of 3,500 nY…" Gargoyle appeared to think it over. He looked up from the table and grinned.

"We're in business Mr. J. I'll be in touch."

An address and the picture was everything he needed. He sipped his drink when it arrived, and finished it before paying and leaving the joint without another word. He had enough of kids and that damn static they called music.

He called another taxi for a ride to Bellevue, and instructed the driver to drop him off within short walking distance of the target's house. The plan was to scope it out, make sure she was home, and determine the best method of entry. If he didn't make too much noise, he wanted to take advantage of his cyber pistol's silencer, keep it nice and quiet, and loot the place before bailing.
*On that note, I'm curious if the front door of the house is made of wood, or metal, and does it have a peep hole? Thanks!

casualcryptic
2015-05-17, 08:19 AM
Anvil allowed himself a half-grin at Jet. Leave it to a troll to make a favor seem stand-offish.

"I do like toys," Anvil admited in response to Root's comment, almost without thinking. "But I'm a little strapped for funds at the moment, as I was alluding to. Hmmm... It seems like there is much going on at the moment. It appears the beggar can be the chooser on occasion. I would prefer to keep arm's length from the syndicates if I can, at least for the time being." Anvil thought about the aquatic job for a moment, but only in passing. It would require a completely separate set of skills from the ones he had developed: swimming, boats, subs. He had little experience with any of them. He'd have to let that one go, but he made a note for himself to keep an eye on these things for later. It paid to keep an eye on what people were paying for. If he kept seeing aquatic operations coming up he might have to redefine his skillset. "Tell me more about the air job and the high-paying job. Those both sound like services I am capable of providing, in the right scenario."

Kyrinthic
2015-05-17, 11:24 AM
Her frustration slowly rising as her electronics unsurprisingly continued to malfunction on her, she finally reads the message.

Drek, its alreadythe 20th!? when did that happen...I need to move fast.. drek!

Grumbling about the weather channels she swings open her door to see the miserable weather before slamming it shut.

Its raining..of course its raining, its always raining here..

More grumbling as she concentrates on focusing a spell to change into a human shape while she digs out a long coat for the rain. The relaxing feeling of magic flowing through her calms her mood slightly at least until she re-opens the door and steps into the rain. As a final insult as the door swings shut, she hears her trid player come on behind her to the show she was trying to watch in the first place.

With a sign, she heads down the street towards the busy side of town, she endeavors to bring up her contacts list and make some calls and see if anything was biting...

Lacco
2015-05-17, 12:11 PM
Anvil

When she responded, she sounded a lot more bussiness-like.

I hope I did not offend you by offering a wetwork contract... but if yes, accept my sincere apologies. As for the funds, I understand. I could offer you a short-term lease...

If you don't mind water... now it makes sense. It's a wetwork contract, not an aquatic one...

The air job - an air surveillance. The client needs someone to shadow someone and record a deal - the more info you get on the deal itself, the larger the reward.

As for the high-paying job, another client wants to deal serious damage to a gang. However, they are looking for a team - not an individual - to maximize the potential damage. Structural damage, damage to reputation, bodycount - the method does not interest them, however they would prefer a mix of all.

Does anything of my offer interest you?

Spaz
Everett seemed dead at the moment. She saw lights in the windows of apartment buildings around her, but the streets were rather empty.

For a moment she felt very alone.

She saw a rat, maybe even devil rat scurry down the road. A bus drove by her, shortly lighting the area, but as it passed, the whole street drowned in dark, except for the one solitary streetlamp.

She looked up and down the street. On one side, towards the town, stood a bus stop and next to it a biker's bar. On the other side she saw a church, StufferShack and a garage.

Bringing up her commlink she checked distances. On foot it would take her few hours to get to downtown.

Saulk
2015-05-17, 01:07 PM
Previous Post

Gargoyle
Spider

In the corner of his eye, Spider noticed a slight lag - the virtual waitress skipped a table in her rounds, the icons changed positions of hands/heads. The lag was albeit quite small - small price to pay for Shelob's help.

The spider immediately jumped to the next persona and started slowly to spin her webs around it, however, the victim was not caught yet.

The numbers in the window with his account changed - this time around 90 nY was added.

Meanwhile, Grandmother signalled a rapid increase in traffic - no time for in-depth analysis yet, but it seems there is only one source.

The commlink Shelob attacked. He also noticed one guy on the videos - male, caucasian, about 35 - looking at his commlink surprised and jacking in.

For next round, initiative.

Spider almost laughed. Caught you, eh? Well, at least now I have the drop. Let's find out what you are up to, and how badly I need to put you in your place.

Concentrating only on the node of the suspected offender, he began to catalogue all of its traits, getting ready for the attack that would inevitably come. He also issued a command to stop the data transfer program he was running, at least for the moment. His other two companions were already set to their pre-arranged set of orders, and therefore they would be able to handle themselves.

Spider's Initiative = [roll0], Base 14, 4 Initiative Passes
Grandmother's Initiative = [roll1], Base 9, 3 Initiative Passes
Shelob's Initiative = [roll2], Base 9, 3 Initiative Passes

Spider's Action, Pass 1: Observe In Detail (Simple) on the Enemy Node [roll3] ; Deactivate Program (Simple) - Spoof
Grandmother's Action, Pass 1: Observe in Detail (Simple) on the Bank Node [roll4]
Shelob's Action, Pass 1: Hack On The Fly (Complex) on the Enemy Node [roll5]

Information Requested from Spider's Analysis: **Critical Glitch** (Note: I am spending an Edge to Re-Roll this result. Roll will be in OOC) 1. Firewall Rating 2. Programs Running 3. Response Rating
Information Requested from Grandmother's Analysis: 1. Whether a trace is running 2. Alert Status of Node 3. Hidden Nodes Connected to this one 4. Response Rating

Kyrinthic
2015-05-17, 01:23 PM
Stomping unhappily down the road, seeing just how long it will take slowly trudging through the rain, she wishes she had just gone back to bed. Why did it have to be the 20th already.

She looks at her contacts, and dials Argus, if she was going to look for something, she may as well try to find honest magical work first. It was a long shot, Argus wasn't normally the job giving sort, but she had plenty of time on the walk.

Hey, been a while, anything interesting that needs a hand... maybe a paid hand? she asks, trying to add some good humor to the question that she didnt really feel.

Tyeal
2015-05-18, 01:21 PM
Draven
20th January 2071, 19:22, Fire & Ice Club, Red Private Room

Smith didn't flinch. Only one of his eyebrows moved a bit up. His voice, however remained calm, collected and as deep and rich as the colours of his office. He removed a non-existant speck from the cuff of his suit and addressed the intruder.

Good evening, mr. Draven. This is no way to conduct bussiness - and I think you are here to discuss bussiness. For the first time Draven knew him, he saw that he is annoyed. Sit down and we may talk. I like eyes at a level. And remember, I have yet to see the list you mention - so you are the one who wants something.

He waited for Draven to sit down. Then he continued in the same calm voice.

I dodged your calls because the scene hasn't been advantageous to work for solo-faces. Most of my clients require fully-fledged teams, or specialists - assassins, magic support...you are neither. You need a team, mr. Draven, if you want to get jobs from me - and you should know - I already told you. Or you need to join a team. Think about it.

He seemed to think about something for a moment and then decide.

If you are able to assemble a team... well, I may have some smaller jobs for you. Until then, there is a fixer, who would fit your need for fast cash. He goes by the street name "Noah". Here is his number - he provides quite a lot jobs in short term - sometimes very short term. It may have been just a play of light, but he seemed to smile - at least, the corner of his mouth moved. And have a dinner, please - my treat. You know I dislike hungry-looking people.

If you want to interrupt his speech, feel free to. If you conclude the bussiness here, he will just nod to you and send you to the club area - with escort if you seem that you want to make trouble.

Draven snorted as he stood up from his seat, adjusting his glasses and checking his updated contacts for Noah. He allowed himself to be escorted back out into the club, taking his weapons before he did so. 'Really didn't need his down-talk today...' He growled in his head as he walked out of the club. Once back outside, he made his way to a near-by Net Cafe, signing himself in and accessing a Net site for Runners exclusively. An ad would hopefully drawn in prospectives, he just needed a competent team for some money in the next few hours. While he wrote, he brought himself an energy bar, checking the ingredients carefully before biting into it.

After a half-hour or so, he double checked his ad.
Face-man seeking skilled Runners to team up with. Expect to collect payment in cash, and be equipped to handle anything from break-ins, to stake-outs, to open shootouts. Having dress clothes wouldn't hurt either. If interested, contact me to set up a meeting in person. This ad will be up for 24 hours.

Nodding, not wanting to have to give out more than his back-up number for strange Runners, he posted the ad, finished his energy bar, and headed back out into the world. Setting out to meet with this Noah to see what work he had in store for him.

Lacco
2015-05-19, 03:23 AM
Spider

The offender was only few microsenconds behind Spider, starting to prepare his own defences. Spider's Analyze soft started spitting out results pretty fast:

Subject is running SkyCom Optitech II commlink (response 6) with custom software (firewall 6).

Current programs running:
LookinGlass 5.14 (Analyze 5)
FireWare VRCockpit v0.03 (Command 3)
Haxxploit 4.0.0 (Exploit 4)
SpooF_V (Spoof 5)

For a moment, the icon of the offender, grey suit accountant, seemed only to observe Shelob, who continued weaving her webs around him to only small effect and writing something into his small notebook. Suddenly, an icon of mobster, completely with fedora and tommy gun appeared in the node. The accountant whispered something to him and he started to reload.

In a blink, Grandmother's feed opened:
Inquiry 1: False. No trace running currently.
Inquiry 2: No Alert in the Bank Node.
Inquiry 3: No Hidden Nodes Found.
Inquiry 4: No lag in the communication, bank node shows response 6.

IP 1: Matrix perception - 2 successes - he has Shelob's access ID - unfortunately since she did not yet hack him, he simultaneously has Spider's access ID. Second simple action - starts to send a message.
IP 2: Run program - agent "Clyde"
IP 3: Issue command (agent - attack); continue with phrase transmit.

Spaz

Hoi Spaz... yeah, I just got four crates of fetishes and need sorting them out. Interested? And as for the pain hand... I never understand what you youngsters mean, but if you are looking for a work, there is certain client, who needs a simple exorcism. All the bells and whistles, including the show with a ritual if possible, but basically someone bound a spirit to go poltergeist on her ass and she wants to get rid of it...

Suddenly Spaz heard a loud crash and cursing.

...ok, three crates. Who makes fetishes out of glass? Oh and this oriental-looking guy asked me if I can know any runners interested in fast cash. You want me to give him your number?

Draven

The phone rang only once. The voice on the other side sounded as a mix of tiredness and energy. In the background he caught sound of wind and motorcycle noise - clearly Noah was on a move.

Noah here. What's your bussiness?

Kyrinthic
2015-05-19, 09:35 AM
Spaz Winces at the crash, wondering how much that might cost, and glad she wasnt the one who dropped it.

Ok, I can work with this, give the guy my number, and I'll swing by to give you a hand. If I dont hear back by the time we are done, I'll look into the exorcism, I've seen some trids of how that works, I should be able to fake the showy bits, and the banishment should be cake.

As she ends the call, she takes a look around the dreary and empty street for a minute before shrugging and heading towards Argus' shop with a little more spring to her step than before, almost ignoring the annoying rain.

casualcryptic
2015-05-19, 12:00 PM
Anvil

When she responded, she sounded a lot more bussiness-like.

I hope I did not offend you by offering a wetwork contract... but if yes, accept my sincere apologies. As for the funds, I understand. I could offer you a short-term lease...

If you don't mind water... now it makes sense. It's a wetwork contract, not an aquatic one...

The air job - an air surveillance. The client needs someone to shadow someone and record a deal - the more info you get on the deal itself, the larger the reward.

As for the high-paying job, another client wants to deal serious damage to a gang. However, they are looking for a team - not an individual - to maximize the potential damage. Structural damage, damage to reputation, bodycount - the method does not interest them, however they would prefer a mix of all.

Does anything of my offer interest you?

Anvil's cheeks flushed red for a moment and he was glad his fellow Navajo couldn't see his face. Of course she meant wetwork. "It's fine. I did tell you to mention anything. As for the lease... maybe I'll stop by and see what you've got in."

Anvil didn't like the idea of owing Roots money, but there were worse people to owe, if her gear was worth it. "That surveillance job seems like it could be easy money. What are the timelines on those two? Any reason I couldn't take both?"

Lacco
2015-05-20, 02:08 AM
Spaz

No problem, lady. I'll send him the number and tell him to call you. See you!

Target: Argus' Mystical and Mystery Shop
On foot: 1h 22 min
Cab: 22 min, 15 nY
Mass transit: 37 min, 2nY

Pick your choice.

Anvil

The surveillance job has a strict schedule - from 11:30 tomorrow till 12:45. As for the wetwork, that has an open start, but needs to be finished before Friday noon. However, the client has set a specific condition - there are 5 jobs and each job needs to be done within 6 hours from the previous one or shorter, ideally no news coverage. I wouldn't go solo into this one - you mess up one job, you lose the contract.

She seemed to think about something.

Didn't you say you have some family in the shadows? Oh and the last job - the gang wipeout - this is fairly easy, you are being paid for the damage done. So the larger the damage, the better the payment. So think about it. As for the toys, you know where my shop is. Stop by if you have time, we'll figure something out.

Draven

First set of messages within the half hour:
<<<Me Bash. Me good bash people. You give cash for bash to bash and you setified!>>>
He attached a picture. Troll, possibly a ganger. Most of the photo shows his large bat with "BASH!" written on it.

<<<Hoi chummer! l33t haxxor l00kin' 4 j0b. PM eez1d00d>>>

<<<If you are looking for magic support, I'm here for you. Experience, loyalty, intelligence, fine skills. Can handle spirits, mages, wards. I take 1500nY per day +40% of payment. First day's pay required up front. Call Azrael.

<<<Street sam for hire. Call Rook>>>

<<<Y'lookin' for set of wheels? Windblaze is here for ya'all.>>>

The rest are mostly spam, offering you enlargements, Russian wives, 100% pure muscle-building solutions, pure magical reagents...

Kyrinthic
2015-05-20, 09:22 AM
Sighing at the thought of stomping slowly towards Argus' shop, cursing at the rain, wanting to fly free like normal, she blinks and does a doubletake of her surroundings. 'Of course! The bus! people use that all the time' she exclaims and jogs over to the bus stop, wondering how she didnt think of this earlier.

Spaz huddles against the small overhang meant to protect people from the elements, woefully inadequate at its job though it is, as the winds blew the rain against her still, making sure that there were no dry spots to be found on her soaked body. she fiddles with her comlink for a minute or two, finally getting her subscription online and starts catching up on her trids while she waits for the next bus.

Lacco
2015-05-20, 12:23 PM
. Spaz .

The buss smelled bad. The people even worse. The wet dog that kept looking at Spaz was the nicest-smelling thing in the bus.

...spare some change, 'luv?
The man smelled worst. And he kept moving from one commuter to another.
...spare some change, 'laddie?
He was moving closer. Only the man with the dog and an older orc lady remained between her and the beggar.
...spare some change, 'luv?
She checked her commlink. 12 minutes to her stop. No chance he will avoid her.

Kyrinthic
2015-05-20, 01:40 PM
The headlights in the distance put a smile on her face as Spaz looked forward to stepping out of the rain finally. The smile only lasted until the bus slowly squealed to a stop and opened its doors though. The funny thing about rain is that you can smell everything else better, and it was clear as she climbed aboard the bus that it was not a good thing.

Finding a seat near the middle of the bus that looked only slightly terrifying, she brings up her record list to see what she can watch for the next half hour, setting a quick alarm to ping her the the bus gets near her destination.

With two screens up watching her favorite trids while reading a site on glass fetishes on a third screen, she almost doesn't notice someone shambling down the bus begging for change, but the smell does cause her to glance up for a moment and take in her surroundings.

I should be the one begging, she thought, considering just how many broken bones she was likely to have if she didn't come up with several thousand nuyen in the next day. Instead she just tried to politely shake her head 'no' as the stranger approached her, trying not to make eye contact. She recalls when she first arrived, she would talk to the beggars and invariably that lead to some uncomfortable conversations and requests.

Surgate
2015-05-20, 02:56 PM
Draven

First set of messages within the half hour:
<<<Me Bash. Me good bash people. You give cash for bash to bash and you setified!>>>
He attached a picture. Troll, possibly a ganger. Most of the photo shows his large bat with "BASH!" written on it.

<<<Hoi chummer! l33t haxxor l00kin' 4 j0b. PM eez1d00d>>>

<<<If you are looking for magic support, I'm here for you. Experience, loyalty, intelligence, fine skills. Can handle spirits, mages, wards. I take 1500nY per day +40% of payment. First day's pay required up front. Call Azrael.

<<<Street sam for hire. Call Rook>>>

<<<Y'lookin' for set of wheels? Windblaze is here for ya'all.>>>

The rest are mostly spam, offering you enlargements, Russian wives, 100% pure muscle-building solutions, pure magical reagents...
After checking, a new posting appeared:
<<<Gargoyle>>> A picture of a familiar chrome claw was attached.

Saulk
2015-05-20, 03:44 PM
Previous Message [QUOTE=lacco36;19274682]Spider

The offender was only few microsenconds behind Spider, starting to prepare his own defences. Spider's Analyze soft started spitting out results pretty fast:

Subject is running SkyCom Optitech II commlink (response 6) with custom software (firewall 6).

Current programs running:
LookinGlass 5.14 (Analyze 5)
FireWare VRCockpit v0.03 (Command 3)
Haxxploit 4.0.0 (Exploit 4)
SpooF_V (Spoof 5)

For a moment, the icon of the offender, grey suit accountant, seemed only to observe Shelob, who continued weaving her webs around him to only small effect and writing something into his small notebook. Suddenly, an icon of mobster, completely with fedora and tommy gun appeared in the node. The accountant whispered something to him and he started to reload.

In a blink, Grandmother's feed opened:
Inquiry 1: False. No trace running currently.
Inquiry 2: No Alert in the Bank Node.
Inquiry 3: No Hidden Nodes Found.
Inquiry 4: No lag in the communication, bank node shows response 6.

IP 1: Matrix perception - 2 successes - he has Shelob's access ID - unfortunately since she did not yet hack him, he simultaneously has Spider's access ID. Second simple action - starts to send a message.
IP 2: Run program - agent "Clyde"
IP 3: Issue command (agent - attack); continue with phrase transmit.

Spider was grumpy in the way that he got only when he saw another hacker with gear as flash as his own. Call it professional jealousy, but he liked to be the most bleeding edge around. He appreciated that this was not a fight to the death. The assailant had the good grace to fight him with attack. A warrior's fight, on the holy ground of the Matrix. Spider would respond in kind.

>> Grandmother, shut down the scam and then close down for the moment. Shelob, terminate your program. I am going to handle this myself.

The next moment his avatar, a proud Navajo medicine-man morphed into that of a warrior. His rifle raised to his eye as he looked at Clyde. He sent a message to the man in the fedora.

>> I accept your challenge, warrior to warrior.

Spider's Pass 2
- send message to terminate, close all programs except Attack, Armor, Medic, Command, and Analyze

Grandmother's Pass 2
- load and run edit [roll0] to clear traces
- terminate on success

Shelob's Pass 2
- terminate

Spider's Pass 3
- transmit message
- Attack Clyde [roll1]

Spider's Pass 4
- Attack Fedora (if Clyde is down, or Clyde if not) [roll2]

Tyeal
2015-05-20, 09:55 PM
Draven

The phone rang only once. The voice on the other side sounded as a mix of tiredness and energy. In the background he caught sound of wind and motorcycle noise - clearly Noah was on a move.

Noah here. What's your bussiness?

"Noah, this is Draven. I was directed to you via my informant Smith. I was told you had some work available for me and my compatriots. As long as it pays, we'll take it." He replies simply, having helped himself to a bowl of Ramen in the noodle shop crammed between two other businesses. He had reluctantly taken Smith's advice to get something to eat on his tab, helping himself to one of the more expensive bowls. With real beef in it and not that Soy crap. "We'll be here in a couple hours, tops. Consider your work done, with us workin' with you."

Lacco
2015-05-21, 02:10 AM
. Spaz .

The man continued in his begging, not minding anything except his change.

Bus stopped. The breath of fresh air - however fresh it was - was a relief.

In few minutes, Spaz entered Argus' shop.

It was a small shop, filled with various mystical and magical props, from rada drums, shamanic masks, robes embroidered with images from the zodiac, to moon globes and special virgin chalk. They were heaped on on another, without any obvious system, however Argus could navigate in the mess without any fuss. The whole room smelled of incense and spices.

Behind the first mess lied other shop. His workshop for talismongering and arcane arts, including small ritual lodge. This was kept spotless, clean and organized. Argus liked it so.

. Spider .

>> I accept your challenge, warrior to warrior.<<

The man reacted in the strangest way - he did not respond at all to the challenge, just kept working on some data transfer. On the other hand, his lackey proved to be hard to hit - Spider's persona fired several times at him and he just dodged the fire...and finished loading his tommy gun.

Suddenly a message blinked in Spider's field of vision.

>> I've got no time to play here - I've got work to do. If you don't leave, you'll face consequences. This is our turf. <<

He continued to transmit data. Clyde levelled the tommy gun.

Spider noticed in one of the camera feeds outside something strange - two old vans were parked at the opposite side of the street. And now, both of them opened their door...

And in in next moments, Clyde opened fire and Spider was dodging hot lead...

Clyde's roll for defense (response + firewall) = (9d6)[6][3][1][2][4][3][5][6][1](31) Successful
Clyde's roll for defense 2 (response + firewall)-1 for second attack = (8d6)[4][3][4][3][3][3][3][6](29) Successful

Clyde's armor roll if necessary (8d6)[6][4][6][1][2][6][6][1](32)
Clyde's armor roll if necessary (8d6)[4][4][1][6][3][5][5][5](33)

Round 2:

VR Initiative for Tony (11d6)[6][1][3][2][5][3][2][3][5][6][5](41) Total: 16
Clyde's initiative: (9d6)[1][3][1][1][2][4][1][3][6](22) Total: 10, however glitched

Pass 1:
Tony: Transmit data, send message to spider
Clyde: attack Spider
Pass 2:
Tony: Transmit data
Pass 3:
Tony: Final data transmit

Clyde's attack: (6d6)[1][2][1][4][6][1](15)
Clyde's attack: (6d6)[3][2][6][1][1][5](18)
Clyde's attack: (6d6)[2][3][1][6][5][2](19)

. Draven .

Yeah, Smith told me he will send someone. Very well, you got yourself into bussiness with me. Good luck. You could hear roar of an engine and some car horn sounds. My rules are simple. I provide stream of jobs, with short-term execution and good pay. You provide a team - be ready for anything and cover all the angles, the jobs will be various. Be mobile - set of wheels will help surely.

Another car horn. Obviously he drives fast.

Now, I'm always on the move, but I want to see your team before we work together. Call me when you have them in one place, I'll set up a meeting. Oh...and one thing - you can refuse a job, of course. Refuse two in a row, and we are done. Botch two and we are done. Don't pick a phone two times in a row - and we are done. No takebacks, no refunds. So, pick up your team and call me, preferably in 1 hour. I should have something for you to work on by then. Agreed?

Lacco
2015-05-21, 02:29 AM
. Gargoyle .

Target's house sat on a small hill, on a corner of two streets. No fence, just lot of shrubs and trees. Exterior lights were placed on the house, to show-off the nice garden around it, and the pool.

The house looked quite large, it was one of those steel-and-glass, see-through boxes, that show you how nice it can be to live. The front door was conveniently full-glass and he saw the lady he was supposed to remove - she was just in the kitchen, making herself one of those frappusoycinos or whatevers. In the living room a large trideo set was playing a movie. Some chick flick.

Second part of the house, most possibly the bathroom and bedroom, were blocked from view - these had the glass dimmed, or one-side look-through only.

Let's see... 20 minute ride with a taxi. It's around 21:00 now for you.

Surgate
2015-05-21, 03:35 AM
Gargoyle

Glass? What a chummer.

He approached the glass and steel house with a predatory tusked grin. This was too good. He already knew where the target was in the house, and she was distracted. He used these benefits to his advantage, walking straight up to the front glass door and placing his open right hand palm against the glass while the smartlink in his red eye-contacts coordinated with the smartgun system attached to his right cyber pistol, silenced and emitting a laser pin-point through the hidden fire port on the palm itself.

Sleep well.

His hand adjusted along the glass for optimal precision, and mentally prepared to fire two rounds, gritting his tusks and teeth as he flicked the mental switch and quickly dispersed two shots, no doubt breaking through the glass and searching for their intended target, the unsuspecting redhead in her glass box.

Agility(4)+Pistols(5)+Semi-Auto Spec(+2)+Smartgun/Smartlink(+2)+Laser Cyber Sight (+1)=14d6.
Shoot Through Barrier @ Target, no blind fire penalty. Think she gets Def+1 for the glass material.
Second shot suffers -1 recoil penalty

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lacco
2015-05-21, 05:33 AM
. Gargoyle .

Glass? What a chummer.

As he approached his prey, the hair on his neck raised - a sure sign of trouble.

The woman, now with cup of coffee in her hand was just switching through several screens projected into the air in the middle of the counter, still in kitchen.

As I said, I will not require rolls mostly, that covers also perception rolls - if you don't ask for them, I assume you are not concentrating on anything specific.

But I would advise a perception roll now, before you shoot.

Sleep well.

As his hand adjusts along the glass, he notices something that disturbs him a little. The woman is flicking through images of him in the garden...from at least 3 different points.

He releases 2 shots...

...and he suddenly understands why he felt so strange. The first bullet makes only a large crack in the glass...however, the second goes through and he hears the woman's scream and she falls under the counter and out of his sight...

Gargoyle's rolls: 2 successes and 5 successes

Armored glass: Armor 8, Structure 3
Damage to barrier: DV 2 per projectile.

First shot DV 7, does not penetrate, damages structure (1 point left, so it still stands).
Second shot, DV 10 - goes through. The woman tries to duck...

Reaction - second shot: [roll0]
...messed up the roll... - rolled in the roll thread
Reaction - second shot:
(5d6)[1][2][3][6][2](14)
1 success, DV of the shot is 9P
Body + Armor in case second shot hits (including the barrier's armor of 7 due to -1 AP) roll: [roll1]
...and this one too...

Body + Armor in case second shot hits (including the barrier's armor of 7 due to -1 AP) roll:
(10d6)[6][3][6][3][6][4][3][3][5][5](44)
That makes it 4P. The woman still lives.

Roll initiative.

Surgate
2015-05-21, 05:42 AM
Gargoyle

On the one hand she surprised him. And on the other, he just shot her reinforced glass to pieces and opened a path to the target. He grumbled underneath his breath, and kept his right hand raised and ready to fire another two shots given the opportunity.

Never as easy as you want it to be.

Gargoyle prepared himself and started walking inside when he could, waiting to fire at first sight.

[roll0]

Lacco
2015-05-21, 06:44 AM
Gargoyle

Something moved behind Gargoyle. He realized the silent whirring of rotors and heard the "click" of readied round.

And then the world exploded with sound two shots fired from behind.

In a second, the heavy, steel shutters started to come down on the whole house. Gargoyle had to decide, whether to jump in - and maybe trap himself in the building - or to jump out and lose the chance to finish the woman at this moment.

A drone, behind you. Close range, full auto, SA - two shots. Roll Reaction - I got 2 and 2 hits so you get hit with 7P+7P if you don't dodge it.

Oh and decide whether to go in or go out. If in, roll running or gymnastics - depending on how do you want to enter, one success is enough.

I hope you didn't think this was going to be easy...:smallsmile:

Kyrinthic
2015-05-21, 09:46 AM
Spaz stepped happily into Argus' shop, taking in the familiar sights with a quick glance.

Hoi Argus, how are those boxes coming? Still need a hand sorting things? I was reading about glass fetishs, and they are actually more common than you would expect, they channel illusion magic really well, especially for invisibility effects. I would think quartz is better being nearly as transparent, but a lot more durable...

She goes on like this as she pokes around the store looking at new stuff, forgetting for a moment that she should be making money not spending it. After a little sightseeing she starts moving around items and putting them on shelves where directed to help Argus get the new boxes unpacked.

After a little (likely somewhat one-sided) chatting, she calms down a little and asks, So, did you give them my number? I haven't heard anything

Tyeal
2015-05-21, 10:35 AM
. Draven .

Yeah, Smith told me he will send someone. Very well, you got yourself into bussiness with me. Good luck. You could hear roar of an engine and some car horn sounds. My rules are simple. I provide stream of jobs, with short-term execution and good pay. You provide a team - be ready for anything and cover all the angles, the jobs will be various. Be mobile - set of wheels will help surely.

Another car horn. Obviously he drives fast.

Now, I'm always on the move, but I want to see your team before we work together. Call me when you have them in one place, I'll set up a meeting. Oh...and one thing - you can refuse a job, of course. Refuse two in a row, and we are done. Botch two and we are done. Don't pick a phone two times in a row - and we are done. No takebacks, no refunds. So, pick up your team and call me, preferably in 1 hour. I should have something for you to work on by then. Agreed?

"Agreed." He replied simply, hanging up the call and finishing his meal with a sigh. He was somewhat used to how Cleaners operated, having his own when he was working under his father's nose. Full and more awake after the meal, he pays and steps out onto the rain-soaked streets, checking his ad before he started hitting pavement. He sighed and shook his head, adjusting the square glasses on the bridge of his nose. "Amateurs." he muttered, seeing the combination of spam and basic posts from other Runners. He stopped when he saw one that was just a name and an image of a chrome claw. He'd seen that image a couple times before on the boards. "Seems like Gargoyle's looking for work. Let's shoot him a message."

He typed up a quick PM to be sent directly to Gargoyle.
Gargoyle, I am looking to hire you. I need you to meet me in Yu Naoh's Noodle Shop, a block from the Fire and Ice Club. Keyphrase: Forty days and nights. Expect good pay and steady work. Be prepared for anything.

Lacco
2015-05-21, 11:41 AM
. Spaz .

Argus seemed happy that he had someone to help and to chat with...or listen to, in case of Spaz.

Oh, the number? Yeah, gave him the number. And when you told me you'll come to help me, I told him to come down here to talk to you. He's a nice japanese gentleman, you will like him.

He looked at the display of his commlink. Yeah, he should be there in few minutes. So, can you put these up there, next to the ritual pipes?

And really, in just a few seconds, the chimes hung over the door announced a visitor - and they both heard sound of silent voice, one that obviously did not use English too much.

Good evening. Argus, are you there?

He was not very tall, in a leather jacket, with one hand inside the jacket - prepared to draw a weapon.

Kyrinthic
2015-05-21, 12:37 PM
Spaz chats along with argus as she puts things on shelves, really struggling on the higher shelves, even considering going back to pixie form just to reach, but settles for a few books nearby to use as a stepping stool.

Oh, thats a good idea, wonder what hes like, I've read a lot about Japan, maybe I can visit there sometime...
she starts to conjecture when she hears the door chime and spins around, suppressing her first urge to start talking, she forces herself to calmly wait for Argus to answer the man, taking note of the hidden hand.

Lacco
2015-05-21, 01:22 PM
. Spaz .

The man comes closer, his eyes studying Spaz - he seems to be scanning her. For a moment he looks very quizzically. Then he seems to focus a bit, his look loses the intensity and he offers Spaz a little smile and pulls the arm from the jacket - empty.

Good evening. I wasn't expecting someone so... young. It's obvious he wanted to say something else. Very well. My name is Johnny. And you must be... Spaz? Let's go back - Argus, please close the shop until we are finished. I wouldn't like to be... interrupted.

He leads Spaz to the backroom and takes a seat in one of the chairs there.

I was told - he begins, rather slowly, as if he doesn't want to tell you, making pauses as he struggles to find the correct word - you have a certain...talent and connections. I have a family issue I need solved, specifically I need to... remove certain item from a location... very discretely. I need someone outside my...family. They could view my presence here as betrayal. And that would be rather unpleasant - for both of us. Do you think you can be discreet enough and help me solve the issue?

With this he looks at Spaz, expecting answer.

Surgate
2015-05-21, 01:55 PM
Gargoyle

He emitted an audible sigh as he heard the familiar whirring and clicks. Drones. He hated drones so much. Gargoyle preferred living meat-sacks over cold metal targets any day of the week. And today, the durasteel shutters threatened to stand between him and his true target.

The Ork made a quick decision. The only decision he could allow himself. He went on a full defensive, running towards the quickly closing entrance, hoping to dodge the worst of the gunfire and have the durasteel serve as a barrier between them. If successful she was trapped in a metal box with an assassin. He could worry about getting out after the job was done.

A blue flicker on his commlink indicated a new message. If he wasn't in the middle of the **** he would have responded immediately, but for now, he merely huffed and ran inside.

Full Dodge:Reaction(5)+Dodge(3)+Defender Running(2)
[roll0]
Running Check: Running(Athletics Skill Group, 3)+Strength(8)
[roll1]

Ballistic Armor: 6 (Urban Jumpsuit)
Impact Armor: 6+1=7(Urban Jumpsuit+Aluminum Bone Lacing)

Lacco
2015-05-21, 02:08 PM
Gargoyle

His decision saved him...for the moment.

As he stood in the kitchen, inside the sealed house, he quickly checked his surroundings. Two holes in the counter in front of him - the drone had missed him just by few inches - broken glass on the floor, spilt coffee, and dark red smear on the floor... his mark was gone - probably just around the corner. There was not enough blood however to confirm the kill.

He heard loud metal clang as the shutters enclosed the house completely. And he heard several metallic sounds inside the house - it reminded him of the old cartoons about riggers he watched, where the machines always deployed from some hidden compartment...

But this was not a good time to remember. He noticed, among other things also a red blinking light and numbers in the holographic display floating over the counter.

A message.

<Knight Errant Security Services Panic Button has been engaged. Please standby. Nearest KE patrol is 1 minute 15 seconds away. Please standby. Nearest KE patrol is 1 minute 14 seconds away. Please standby.>

Not the best time to be stuck in a sealed house.

No hits from my side. I suggest to speed it up, we go without rolls for a moment and just eyeball it - remember, if you are standing in open, you get hit. Have fun and try to stay alive :smallbiggrin:

casualcryptic
2015-05-21, 02:34 PM
Anvil

She seemed to think about something.

Didn't you say you have some family in the shadows? Oh and the last job - the gang wipeout - this is fairly easy, you are being paid for the damage done. So the larger the damage, the better the payment. So think about it. As for the toys, you know where my shop is. Stop by if you have time, we'll figure something out.

Anvil paused a moment before answering. "In all honesty, I'm not crazy about the idea of a series of wetwork jobs. Besides, I don't think I even own any live ammunition right now. But if it's a team job, I guess someone else could do the actual grizzly bits." He sighed. "Give me the contact infor for the surveillance job. I can always spare an hour for easy cash. I'll mull over the bigger jobs. Not sure if I can secure a team in time but I'll check with my cousin. Hell, he might know somebody." Anvil smiles. "And plan on me stopping by in a few. You know I can't say no to new tech."

After saying audios to Roots, Anvil sends a message to Spider. "You're in Seattle right now right? I've picked up an offer or two for work, one of which you might be able to help me on. Let me know if you're looking for work." Anvil then closes his commlink, yawns, and pays his tab, before heading out to his truck. He starts making tracks towards Roots' place while he waits for her to send him contact info for the surveillance gig. Things seemed to be looking up for a change.

Surgate
2015-05-21, 02:38 PM
Gargoyle

The Ork's eyes widened at the sight of the two bullet holes in the counter. Those had nearly plugged him. But he had jumped from the frying pan and into the fire. The house was enclosed, and no doubt there were as many threats inside the house as there were outside, and more on the way. His only hope was to find the target. He stayed low, dashing towards the counter she hid behind just moments before, and noted the dark red smear of blood. Her blood.

The plan was simple. Stay low, and follow the trail with his hand raised, using the counter as cover, and then putting his back to it while he sought the redhead. But before he left the kitchen, he turned the stove and oven on blast and opened the oven door. He set it to start cooking in a minute and a half. It would take some time no doubt, but he wanted to fill as much of the kitchen and main area with gas as possible for when the cavalry arrived.

Afterwards he continued to stay low and follow the blood trail. Don't stand in the open, and find the woman as quickly as possible.

Works for me :smallbiggrin:
I'm assuming the oven and stove use gas of some kind. Either way it'll be a funny lil surprise for Knight Errant who should be showing up shortly before it blows :smallsmile:

Kyrinthic
2015-05-21, 07:39 PM
Mentally telling herself to be calm, she waits for the mans inspection,
"I'm not that young, dont worry" she replys, wondering if he saw through her magical disguise as she follows him to the back room to listen to his pitch.

"I have a useful set of skills for that kind of thing, yes. I will of course need more details." She replies sagely while she quickly tries to remember all the right questions, "Is this a small job, or will I need a full team? what is the timeframe you are looking for this item to be acquired by? and finally what sort of pay am I looking at? If these answers look workable, I will need a fair bit more information about the job."
She takes a seat across from him and tries not to fidget while waiting for his answer.

Lacco
2015-05-22, 01:24 AM
. Anvil .

Anvil paused a moment before answering. "In all honesty, I'm not crazy about the idea of a series of wetwork jobs. Besides, I don't think I even own any live ammunition right now. But if it's a team job, I guess someone else could do the actual grizzly bits." He sighed. "Give me the contact infor for the surveillance job. I can always spare an hour for easy cash. I'll mull over the bigger jobs. Not sure if I can secure a team in time but I'll check with my cousin. Hell, he might know somebody." Anvil smiles. "And plan on me stopping by in a few. You know I can't say no to new tech."

After saying audios to Roots, Anvil sends a message to Spider. "You're in Seattle right now right? I've picked up an offer or two for work, one of which you might be able to help me on. Let me know if you're looking for work." Anvil then closes his commlink, yawns, and pays his tab, before heading out to his truck. He starts making tracks towards Roots' place while he waits for her to send him contact info for the surveillance gig. Things seemed to be looking up for a change.

The drive took nearly an hour. His navigation software did not pick up the warning about the car accident at the corner of 25th and 26th, so he got stuck. Or there wasn't any warning, which is quite strange. So he was stuck in the rainy Seattle night.

Roots sent him the contact. Mr. Johnson went under the name of Michael Wapasha - a strange combination, but Roots vouched for him.

An hour later he entered Roots' garage.

She was sitting on the floor, among dozens of different drones, automotive parts, electronics and tools wildly strewn around on the floor. She waved to him when she saw him through the open garage door. She liked the sound of rain.

. Gargoyle .

Gargoyle

The Ork's eyes widened at the sight of the two bullet holes in the counter. Those had nearly plugged him. But he had jumped from the frying pan and into the fire. The house was enclosed, and no doubt there were as many threats inside the house as there were outside, and more on the way. His only hope was to find the target. He stayed low, dashing towards the counter she hid behind just moments before, and noted the dark red smear of blood. Her blood.

The plan was simple. Stay low, and follow the trail with his hand raised, using the counter as cover, and then putting his back to it while he sought the redhead. But before he left the kitchen, he turned the stove and oven on blast and opened the oven door. He set it to start cooking in a minute and a half. It would take some time no doubt, but he wanted to fill as much of the kitchen and main area with gas as possible for when the cavalry arrived.

Afterwards he continued to stay low and follow the blood trail. Don't stand in the open, and find the woman as quickly as possible. ]

The trail went around the corner, to his right. The metal sounds came from the two directions - one from the living room, to his left side, one from the further part of the house - directly in front of him, there was a opaque door.

Luckily, the gas stove was present, undoubtedly a sign that it needs to be used to cover his tracks. He already heard sirens - or he thought so.

He glanced behind the corner - the corridor was just three meters long, but there were 3 doors. The farthest one had traces of blood on them.

. Spaz .
[QUOTE=Kyrinthic;19288392]Mentally telling herself to be calm, she waits for the mans inspection,
"I'm not that young, dont worry" she replys, wondering if he saw through her magical disguise as she follows him to the back room to listen to his pitch.

"I have a useful set of skills for that kind of thing, yes. I will of course need more details." She replies sagely while she quickly tries to remember all the right questions, "Is this a small job, or will I need a full team? what is the timeframe you are looking for this item to be acquired by? and finally what sort of pay am I looking at? If these answers look workable, I will need a fair bit more information about the job."
She takes a seat across from him and tries not to fidget while waiting for his answer.]

He thought about it for a moment. The timeframe is of the most importance. 33 hours - 6 o'clock in the morning the day after tomorrow. A team would be advisable due to the security. I want no bloodbath - if you are not able to pull the job quietly, I understand, but I want no dead. And as for pay...6,000 nuyen. 1000 if you kill anyone. Are the conditions acceptable?

Surgate
2015-05-22, 01:46 AM
Gargoyle

He breathed deep, counting both his breaths and the timer he set for the stove. Deciding it was best to avoid the metal sounds to his left and directly in front, he took the right path, staying low and following the trail of blood towards the farthest with traces of blood on them. Gargoyle went for that one, trying the handle first, and if that was locked, he would punch that part of the door with his cybernetic fists and make a way inside with his right hand poised and ready to fire at the slightest provocation.

He continued to grin despite the circumstances. The stove was exactly what he needed to cover his tracks and make an impression on the Knight Errant's patrol. First priority was to confirm target elimination, and then he was going to make a bee-line for the bathroom and hopefully an elaborate and quality bathtub to hide inside when the blast went off.

Kyrinthic
2015-05-22, 10:09 AM
Spaz thinks for a minute after listening, 33 hours is not a long time, but its not a great number either... its about 12 hours too late to get paymet to Benny, maybe she could dodge him that long though... and its a really small number to get together a team of runners, but maybe.. she really needs the work. She needs to keep the team small, 3 people at most, if she wants to make enough to cover her bills... But she does prefer jobs without killing.

Overall, after weighing the options its clear she needs to agree, this should cover her needs, but maybe a pre-payment to get Benny off her back for the extra day would help.

Ok, it sounds like we might be able to deal. the timeframe is short for gathering a team, but I should only need a small team. I would like an additional thousand to help bring people in on short notice though.

(I am no face, but my charisma is enough to give a passable negotiate roll, to try and get the extra nuyen)

[roll0]

casualcryptic
2015-05-22, 10:16 AM
The drive took nearly an hour. His navigation software did not pick up the warning about the car accident at the corner of 25th and 26th, so he got stuck. Or there wasn't any warning, which is quite strange. So he was stuck in the rainy Seattle night.

Roots sent him the contact. Mr. Johnson went under the name of Michael Wapasha - a strange combination, but Roots vouched for him.

An hour later he entered Roots' garage.

She was sitting on the floor, among dozens of different drones, automotive parts, electronics and tools wildly strewn around on the floor. She waved to him when she saw him through the open garage door. She liked the sound of rain.

Anvil arched an eyebrow at the nav software's little FUBAR moment. He would have to look into that later. He took on to many jobs where his roll was essentially get away driver, to be running around with faulty softs.

As he waited, stuck in Seattle traffic, he decided to use the time to reach out to the contact and give him a call. Regardless of whether he speaks to Michael Wapasha, he will make his way to Roots' place as soon as he is able.

"And what do we have here?" Anvil asked as he approached his friend and coworker. "Seems I've caught you in the middle of work... or play?"

casualcryptic
2015-05-22, 10:19 AM
Perception check to see if there's anything particularly interesting in the pile:

[roll0]

Lacco
2015-05-22, 02:14 PM
. Gargoyle .

The door was unlocked - and he turned the handle, prepared for everything...

...except for the cold sensation of gun barrel on the back of his head and too loud "click".

She came from behind, from one of the side doors.

Do not move and maybe you'll live. Who hired you?

. Spaz .

He seemed to consider it for a short time. Then he nodded.

I disagree. However, to show goodwill, I am willing to pay the thousand up front. However... his eyes flashed dangerously I plan to collect the sum it if you do not manage to succeed.

He stood up, offering her a datachip and a creditstick.

You will find all the information here. The target is a sculpture inside a house of one bussinessman. Good luck. He left, only nodding to Argus as he walked out.

. Anvil .

Anvil waited for the phone to pick up with that familiar feeling in his stomach - a new job, new challenge...

>>Hello, you have reached the voicemail of Michael Wapasha. Please...<<

Automated message. Voicemail. The voice sounded deep, rough.

He'll have to call back.

Leave a message if you want...

There were several Nissan Rotodrones, set of retransmitter drones, an MCT-fly-spy, and part of Stormcloud.

Mostly in different states of disrepair, except for the retransmitter drones - they were fine, just in one large bundle.

Hoi. Mostly work. And this one... she held the Stormcloud ...is definitely "play".

She laughed on her private joke.

So, what can I do for you?

casualcryptic
2015-05-22, 02:40 PM
Anvil sighed. If you were going to have a strict timeline, one would think that you would be more attentive... unless you already had someone lined up for the job. Anvil cursed himself for even thinking such a thing. Anvil cleared his throat and put on the persona he used for getting jobs, substantially different from the way he behaved on the field and off duty. "This is Anvil. Walks Among the Roots suggested that you might desire a skilled operative for some reconnaissance work. I just wanted to let you know that I am available, and have the skills and equipment to pull off reconnaissance work discretely. Please call me back if we can do business together."

Later, at Root's pad...

Anvil smirked in response ot Roots question. "You tell me. You were the one bragging about some fine catch. I'm just here to validate the story. How big was it now?"

Surgate
2015-05-22, 02:45 PM
Gargoyle

Sneaky prawn. Damn I should have known. Alright, time to play it cool...

He was getting tired of guns being primed and ready to fire behind him. His left hand let go of the door handle, and they both fell to his sides, the palm of his right hand pointed behind him at the target. She was smart to use her blood to throw him off. He didn't think she would think so clear headed, wounded as she was.

He needed to buy some time to aim his hand properly. He wouldn't be able to use the laser or smartlink to aim the shot, but she was at point blank range, and he didn't have very much time to play with her. Time to think quick.

"Come now, have you really made so many enemies you don't know?"

His chrome claw hand twitched, slowly adjusting as he spoke.

"All this security...and you couldn't keep one killer out of your castle."

Gargoyle's options were limited. Going on a full defensive might buy a little time, but between her and the drones and the Knight Errant security he couldn't afford her holding him up any longer than she already was, and if she had him by gunpoint when they showed up, he was drek out of luck.

Drek all of this...Should have pulled the trigger right away He thought, grimacing as he pulled the mental trigger without giving her a second chance to finish him off.

Pistols 5, +Specialization 2, Agility 4, -6 Blindfire, +2 Point Blank =7d6
Same -1recoil =6d6
[roll0]
[roll1]

Lacco
2015-05-22, 02:46 PM
. Anvil .

She picked up her commlink and replied playfully Aboooout this big.

Suddenly one of the large piles moved - and a steel, catlike head peeked out of it.

Steel Lynx.

Roots played with the controls and the large, steel combat drone jumped around like a kitten. I uploaded a virtual personality of cat into this one. Still thinking if I shall sell him or keep him. It's a used and refitted one, but still worth the cash. What do you think?

casualcryptic
2015-05-22, 03:04 PM
Anvil could only smile and shake his head. "If I didn't already have a lynx, I'd say sell just so I could buy. As is, mine's still mostly unmodded. Funding and all that."

He paused and studied the robot. "It does look like you though. I say keep it if you don't already have a couple. Never know when you might need a murder machine lurking about. I've never known a lynx to sit on the market for long though."

Kyrinthic
2015-05-22, 03:17 PM
Spaz takes the offered items, 'Understood' is her simple reply. Relaxing somewhat as the door closes, she slots the chip and pockets the stick, turning to Argus, "Ok, looks like I just got pretty busy, give me a few minutes to place some calls, then I'll finish helping with the last of those fetishes."

As she paces around in a small circle dragging up her contacts list, 'hmm, I can call that anvil guy, he knew his way around drones for scouting, maybe be able to figure out the tech security too...' she thinks as she starts a message up while reading the datachip.

"Spider, I am looking for recon on a job with a limited timeframe in 33 hours, and possible matrix work, stealth required, are you game? -Spaz" nice and simple, that should work. Normally she would be looking for muscle next, but this job was looking for a more delicate touch, maybe she didnt even need a third runner, I mean she could do the sneaky stuff well enough after all, I should see what we are up against first I suppose, she considers looking over the data.

Lacco
2015-05-23, 02:52 PM
. Gargoyle .

"Come now, have you really made so many enemies you don't know?"

I know I have. I used to lead a colourful life. But I know who sent you - my former employer. Listen, I don't know how much he offered, but I can beat his offer at least in one thing. I will actually pay you.

"All this security...and you couldn't keep one killer out of your castle."

Maybe I thought retirement was fine for me. Listen - I offer you a chance to walk away from this. With nice sum. What do you say?

She had to watch his hands - otherwise she wouldn't have moved. And she moved, with grace of a cat and inhuman speed. She was fast...

...not fast enough. First bullet caught her in the side and fresh blood splattered over the wall.

But it didn't kill her. Two shots, so fast to leave the chamber that the thundering sound seemed to occur nearly simultaneously. She fired two shots into his back...

2 and 3 hits for shot.

She will not fire at him. She will converse.

. Anvil .
The murder machine was now hunting the spot - Roots took an old laser designator and played with it.

Unmodded... that's a challenge? So, if you are not interested in the lynx, I have a nice pair of rotodrones. 50% off, they are a bit used and I didn't have time to repaint them. Lime green. Ugh. Otherwise I don't know what to offer to you.

She seems more easy-going now, almost friendly and not the usual cool exterior.

Also, it's near 21:15 now. 3 hours have passed and you have no more money than before...

And your commlink rings. According to the display it's the Johnson.

. Spaz .

She played the datachip.

>>>The target is a sculpture of a woman in the house of rich asian bussinessman. It's his summer home, so he shouldn't be at home. There are 4 guards usually, he has CCTV system and movement detectors set in the house. No security for the perimeter, only cameras and guards.

The house is a 2-story building, spacious, 3 bedrooms, large grounds and a pool.

The sculpture is stone, about 17 cm high, weighing around 3 pounds. It represents a woman dancing.

The bussinessman is Miyamoto Goro. He manages small shipping company, Flying Lotus, which has offices in Seattle, Tokyo and London.

Included are photos of the owner, satellite image of the house and address. It's in Queen Avenue, Renton.<<<

Surgate
2015-05-23, 03:08 PM
Gargoyle

His interest was peaked by what she had to say. He was prepared to risk everything until she mentioned her former employer and the dubious payment he was expecting. They forwarded 1,000 nY to get him started, but he believed her when she mentioned actual payment. If nothing else she could certainly afford him.

His claws relaxed. Gargoyle grumbled back, "They offered 3,500 nY for you to disappear by 6 AM. I'll take your offer. But we don't have a lot of time to chat. Call off your drones, Knight Errant, and if you love your retirement house, turn off the bloody oven before it blows."

He held his hands up now, slowly turning around to face the woman he was initially hired to kill. "Name's Gargoyle. They didn't give me yours, nor their own for that matter. Some bumbling Johnson offered the contract."

casualcryptic
2015-05-23, 03:55 PM
Anvil thought about it. Color wouldn't matter mutch. He'd just end up chameleon coating it like he did everything else eventually. "Actually, I could probably use another Roto. I might just take one off your hands..." He stopped and glanced at his commlink. "Ack, give me a sec. Johnson: gotta take this." Anvil connects to the Johnson and puts on a professional air, winking once at Roots with a smile. "This is Anvil. How can I help you?"

Kyrinthic
2015-05-23, 11:04 PM
Spaz looks over the info for a quick minute, then sets about helping Argus with the last of his fetishes, 'Thanks for the tip Argus, its good to see you, the day is so miserable out, its good to be somewhere dry, but I probably should head out and start looking into this'

And with that she heads back outside, looking for a local runner bar she has visited a couple of times, even if it meant back into the rain.

Trying to ignore the fact that she had almost managed to dry out, she starts going over the data, thinking she might figure out something about the statues owner, but of course the only thing that seems to want to come up on her search is cooking shows, and that just reminds her how long its been since she ate a meal that might actually be considered food.

Lacco
2015-05-24, 04:15 PM
. Gargoyle .

She moved cautiously to one of the wall-terminals and quickly stopped the oven, ordered the A/C to clear the kitchen of the gas and stopped the alarm, persuading the cops that she is a bit drunk...

Then she gestured to Gargoyle to follow her to the living room. The windows were still blocked. She lied on the couch.

You know something about first aid...?

She didn't look very well with the two large-caliber wounds in her side.

Ok, so 3,500 nY? Damn, thought I was worth more. Nevertheless... the name's Kendra. But call me by my "professional" name, Tomorrow. And as for that "bumbling" Johnson, he calls himself River and he's about so much bumbling as you are a sunflower. He's a professional fixer and Johnson, specializing on wetwork... she seemed for a moment lost in thoughts, then she reached into a shelf and picked a credstick, slotted it into her commlink and handed it to Gargoyle. ...consider this an advance payment. If you want to check if your Johnson is square with you, take a picture of me lying here all bloodied, but fast. And send it to him. Either you get paid or he stops taking phones. And if he stops, first task - get me to a street doc if you know one. Second - earn 10K or more by killing him. I'll tell you the details when I know I survive...

She falls back on the couch, looking really quite dead - although Gargoyle can still see her breathing.

The credstick has 1,5K nY on it.
And you get 3 points of Karma.

. Anvil .

Johnson's voice was firm, his delivery almost bored.

Yes, I found your message. I am looking for a surveillance specialist, you will need at least 3 flying drones, because I want to be sure you get a good view and provide a good shot. The timeframe is tomorrow, noon, for one or two hours. If you don't want to mess with politics, I understand, but then we are finished. Any questions?

Spaz

Argus seemed happy to have some company. Yeah, thanks for the help, kiddo. He tosses Spaz something. And take this for the work. I can spare one, since I got few crates. It's one of the glass fetishes.

The rain outside got a bit better - it was now more of a drizzle.

Spaz walked through the streets to the one club she was certain will be opened and will allow her to find someone to help her find the info and people she needed. And maybe she'll be able to score a dinner. The cuisine there was mostly soy, however, they served also real meat, real vegetables...and pizza.

She hardly focused on the listings of information on Miyamoto Goro her data search program spitted out.

...a succesful bussinessman in the import-export...
...scandal with a sim actress...
...I lost money with that guy! He sold me fake golden dragon necklace!...
...connection to the syndicates has not been disproven or proven...
...has three children and a wife, no outstanding warrants...
...to defeat him, try combining jumping kicks with low kicks...
...wounded in a drive-by, he prefers to stay at home...
...no information on his family life, stays...
...his Book of 5 circles was a great hit...
...owns collection of art items, especially focused on samurai weapons...
...loves spagetti westerns and mexican cuisine, seeks a nice, easy going gal...
...indebted to an irish mob. Keep away from him, they own him...

The thought of the food made her stomach squirm a bit.

She turned the corner and saw the club. Even in the rain, outside stood about 40 people – all prepared to go clubbing. The club had to be full – and the night was still young. She remembered that Tuesdays were „Student nights“, one shot on the house for the ladies - maybe she could fake it and pretend she's from the university. She ignored the distasteful ARO on the wall.

The bouncers – an ork and troll, both in synthleather, towered over the crowd. With their obvious chrome, as per aesthetic standard of "shadowrun style", they felt out of place outside. But people came here for the „shadowrunner“ feel. And they got what they wanted.

As she walked towards the club, reading the listings she found on listening to a podcast about newest gossip on the club scene, she was stopped by one of the people in the queue.

Hey, where are you going? The queue starts here!

EDIT: added information.

Surgate
2015-05-24, 09:11 PM
Gargoyle

Gargoyle followed Kendra, or rather, Tomorrow into her living room. He whipped out his medkit and showed her his claws again. "I'm not the gentlest doc, but I think I can patch you up."

Before he did so, first he snapped a picture of her looking quite dead to send to River. After sending it via commlink, he sent a single word with a question. "Payment?" that followed the image. He had to hand it to her, this gal was smart, and no doubt taken at least a few bullets in her prime. The Ork decided patching her up, and taking her offer to kill the guy for at least 10k sounded lucrative to say the least, and a much better deal than the drek he was trying to pay him for all this trouble to begin with. He uploaded the credstick to his bank account, adding the 1,500 nY to his balance, which should be around 3,000 nY.

"He's that good huh? Well, I just sent him the image Tomorrow, we'll see if he bites or not. In the mean time, Sorry about the bullet wounds. It was nothing personal." It was obvious Gargoyle wasn't used to apologizing for anything he did, but he sounded sincere nonetheless before he attempted patching her up with a top of the line medkit, and his limited knowledge of first aid.

He took the greasy card with River's number attached, and scratched his own commlink contact on the other side with his claw, and handed it over to Kendra's side of the table in the living room.

"In case you need to contact me, here's my number, and the one I used to contact River is on the other side."

Totally miscalculated the karma costs XD
Should have rolled 7d6

[roll0]

Kyrinthic
2015-05-25, 08:47 PM
Suddenly jolted back to reality by the angry comment, she stops and glances around, 'ug it will take me all night to get in' she thinks to herself, 'it might be time to consider cheating...'

Stepping back around a nearby corner for some degree of privacy, probably only a couple people watching here, rather than several dozen, and specifically no-one waiting in line. She concentrates on a simple invisibility spell as she does, low force, she isn't trying to sneak through a corp or something, and then she can just hang it on her focus.

After going through the motions she steps back around the corner and attempts to slip in behind whoever gets let in next, or perhaps as someone steps out, whichever looks easier...

Once inside, she smiles at the loud music, letting the spell drop as she slides into a crowded area a bit away from the door. Cant hurt to dance a little while looking around, enjoy the music and all...

She will see if Spider replied on the com, and keep an eye out for anyone she knows as a runner in the club.

I can buy the successes for force 2 invis and associated drain.
I have 5 dice on infiltration, which should get me about 1 success.
I have concealment (sprite power) that makes perception hard to notice me even if they resist the invisibility

casualcryptic
2015-05-26, 11:40 AM
. Anvil .

Johnson's voice was firm, his delivery almost bored.

Yes, I found your message. I am looking for a surveillance specialist, you will need at least 3 flying drones, because I want to be sure you get a good view and provide a good shot. The timeframe is tomorrow, noon, for one or two hours. If you don't want to mess with politics, I understand, but then we are finished. Any questions?

Anvil glanced at the rotodrone. Looks like I'll be taking her up on that lease after all, he thought. "I have the drones sir. I need to know how much you're paying before I agree, and if I take the job I'll also obviously need the target and location. I can take it from there."

Saulk
2015-05-26, 05:37 PM
Spider

Eyeing the mobster's figure and realizing how thoroughly and quickly the damage affected his avatar, Spider nodded and sent a transmission back to the other hacker, at the same time raising his hands slightly and letting his rifle disappear into the matrix.

>> Alright, chummer; I'll be on my way. Best of luck

He set to processing the node for his exit. Grandmother had taken care of the primary incriminating data, now it was just time to switch modes and reboot his device, all of which he could do on his way out the door. Switching back into the surreal slowness of meatspace, he got up and slung his back over his shoulder and pressing the reboot button on Betty. Keying in to his other commlink, the one that was purely used for communication, he messaged his cousin.

>> Anvil: have any work that you need me for? I need a good lead. Even my sidelines are getting pushed closer and closer. Let me know, cousin.

He took a step outside. It was going to be a long day, especially given how much he needed to have in order to pay to unload and plug in the Buffalo. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and wandered around, taking a long, aimless route around the city (in case he was followed) until he eventually reached the Buffalo. His home was a mobile palace to him, filled with his shop, his gear, his posters and most importantly, his freedom. It was all tied up in this four wheeled wonder that he affectionately (though not creatively) called the Buffalo.

Initiative Pass 1 - Transmit Message, Switch Modes
Initiative Pass 2 - Reboot

This exits Matrix Initiative; if I have to roll for meatspace, I will. Unless interrupted, though, I will plan to make the transmission to Anvil, and then go to the Buffalo.

Lacco
2015-05-28, 02:13 AM
Gargoyle

When tried to take picture of Tomorrow, Gargoyle found a message there.

>>Gargoyle, I am looking to hire you. I need you to meet me in Yu Naoh's Noodle Shop, a block from the Fire and Ice Club. Keyphrase: Forty days and nights. Expect good pay and steady work. Be prepared for anything.<<

It was one of his contacts. A face, running under name "Draven".

Kendra's picture sent, Gargoyle went to patch her up. The claws however prohibited him from being a top-notch doc, so he just patched up what he could, noticing several gunshot-shaped scars, two serrated ones and one "clean cut".

No offence taken. I'm used to being shot at, just thought I had it all behind me. And now I think I'll call a cab and visit a street doc I know.

She stumbled a bit when she stood up, clenching her teeth. Still didn't look quite well.

Even after 10 minutes, no response from Johnson came.

Thanks for the number. If I find anything about River's whereabouts, I'll call you.

No problem, I just ignored last two dice. Let's say you were able to stop the worst bleeding, but she's still getting paler.

Spaz

The club was all loud music and flickering lights. The people at the dancefloor paid no attention to personal space, so she got shoved and bumped into quite a lot. Still, the dancing was fun...

For a few moments she forgot all about the trouble with paying, with running... and enjoyed the music, the dance... lost herself in the rhytm.

Only for a few moments. While she was dancing, she noticed a man, burly, in a suit, coming right at her.

Excuse me... can you come with me?

I assumed there was no magician looking in the astral. However...

EDIT: While you are dancing, Draven is entering the club. Gargoyle is long gone, just patching up his new contact. And Spider will be at the club in few minutes if he decides to come.

Anvil

Johnson seemed pleased.

The payment is 500 for an audio and a still shot, and additional 500 for a visual of the deal. Target is Brackhaven's aide - she's going to make a deal with someone. We need her on the shot, identifiable, the person she makes deal with, and of course if you get us the full recording, it'll be even better. The meeting should take place at old abandoned factory at the outskirts of Tacoma. I will send you the GPS coordinates and info on the aide - the other target is yet unknown. The timeframe has been already discussed. Any questions?

Roots, somehow figuring out his thoughts when he looked at the drone, pinged him with a message. >>If you want the lease, let's say 10% of the price per day with additional 10% as the final payment and my tip. You miss one payment, I take the drone back. No refunds. Agreed?<<

Spider

The mobster stopped the attack, however left in the node. The other hacker didn't leave anything to chance, but seemed to prefer the "peaceful" solution. Or he was counting on the meatbags to bag him.

Spider watched the video feed from the coffeeshop as he entered the back alley. The men from the van seemed to carry guns - however, he slipped out from the back by the time they entered.

It seemed they left him be - nobody followed him. Overall, it was a success - however, he needed to check the data, because of the money he grabbed.

As he entered the Buffalo, a message beeped on his commlink.

>>Spider, I am looking for recon on a job with a limited timeframe in 33 hours, and possible matrix work, stealth required, are you game? -Spaz<<

I have decided to just let you slip away. Don't worry, messing up with mob operation will come up as a topic later... :smallsmile:

Draven

Stepping out to the slowly decreasing rain, he noticed that the queue to the club did not shorten at all - it became even higher. He thought for a moment he saw one of his acquaitances in the queue, but when he looked again, she was not there. The ork and troll were still standing there as two pillars on each side of the door, removing unwanted guests and letting other enter.

He had work to do - he had to arrange a private meeting space, organize a group of runners and inform the doormen about the password for the shadowrunners.

But this was what he did. He felt a surge of energy and confidently walked to the club entrance, ignoring the ocassional protest from the people who kept waiting.

He couldn't wait. No time to spare.

Sorry it took so long. Hopefully we will start moving faster now. Let's get to the club and get to work.

Entry fee to the club is 10 nY.
Table for hour/evening: 5nY + 2 drink minimum/50nY
Private room for hour/evening: 100nY/350nY

Kyrinthic
2015-05-28, 08:56 AM
Slipping into the loud club, she almost forgets why she came, moving to the dance floor and enjoying herself with the loud music for a while, at least until the man walked up to her. She considers her options for a minute, then decides to go with the fellow for now, at least until she figures out what he wants, it might be a job after all. but she attempts to just act like a normal club goer while she follows.
Hoi chummer, whats up, where are we going? she asks in a bubbly voice as she follows the man.

Surgate
2015-05-28, 02:16 PM
Gargoyle

Ah Draven. If Gargoyle could slash and shoot his way out of any situation, Draven certainly could talk his way in and out of the worst. Chances were by the time he showed up to the noodle shop, Draven would be at the Fire and Ice Club for drinks while waiting. But he couldn't leave Kendra to her own devices, in the bloody condition he inflicted. And of course, no word from River…Drek, Tomorrow was right after all. He looked forward to eventually getting payback…

The Ork helped her stand and steadied her when she stumbled. "I'll call the cab and accompany you to the Doc, then I've got my own business to attend towards. Call if you find out anything. And shoot a message when the doc is done just so I know you made it through this drek."

He called a taxi to her address and wrapped her in his trench coat to hide the bullet wounds and blood when they got inside. Instructed to visit the street doc she knew, he accompanied her to the location and helped her out of the vehicle.

"Hold on to the coat for me. I'm paying the taxi to come back and wait for you. Be Safe Tomorrow." Gargoyle shut the taxi door.

"Fire and Ice Club. Come back here and take her home after you drop me off." He slipped the driver another twenty percent tip.

Forty days and nights."

Saulk
2015-05-28, 07:15 PM
Spider settled into his comfortably worn driver's seat and watched as Betty turned herself back on. He flipped in AR to have her run a diagnostic, just to make sure. His other commlink bleeped with a message and he switched entirely over to it's AR window, opening up the message from Spaz. He had liked the pixie the last time that they had worked together. She seemed to know her business, and he respected that in a runner. He didn't understand a thing she did, really, but that was fine. She stayed away from the machinery, and he could never spot any cyberware - not that he stared - but there were lots of the mystic types in the shadows who did that sort of thing. He started conjuring up a response.

>> Hiya Spaz; sure, I'm in. Had a little bit of hassle on a scam I was running just now, so it might be good to have some proper work. Where are you? We can talk about the particulars in person.

He turned on the Buffalo and started to drive, waiting for Spaz's location to pop up in his AR before heading towards that spot.

Thank you for not having mobsters kill me immediately ;] I thought his gear was a little cutting edge for me to fight especially with a whole day of possible employment ahead of me.

Lacco
2015-05-29, 07:49 AM
Spaz

The man answers your question with a simple Please, come with me. Everything will be explained. He leads you up the stairs, to the private part of the club.

There he opens a door and lets you enter in front of him. You enter a simply-decorated office, almost utilitarian, very feng-shuei. You feel that this is a very creative place. A woman in simple beige suit stands in front of you, facing a one-way mirror leading to the dancefloor, the place where you danced few moments ago.

The door closes, and suddenly there is silence in the room, broken only by the sound of a small water fountain on the table.

Without even glancing at you, the woman speaks in soft tone.

I am the proprietor of this club. It's not often someone slips at the door without paying and I must say, I like it that way.

She finally looks at you. Her eyes are gray, cold and hard.

So... care to explain yourself? And maybe suggest how we fix this... incident?

Gargoyle

The address Tomorrow provided belongs to an old meat shop in Tacoma. She seems grateful that he escorted her.

Few minutes after he departs he gets a message. >> Thanks for the coat. If you ever get a papercut like me, go to the place where you left me. Ask for dr. Bob and mention my name. He'll give you a discount. Tomorrow<<

By that time, he is already getting out of cab in front of the Fire&Ice club.

He takes a deep breath before he enters. And the moment he enters he hates it. Dance music. They call it dance music. Sound of thousand machineguns and tortured puppies. Who wants to dance on this? Hearing the DJ shouting his stupid lines at the party-goers makes him almost nauseous.

He scans the crowd with his eyes to find Draven. No luck yet. He checks his commlink...

We'll have to wait and see if Draven takes a table or a private room.

Kyrinthic
2015-05-29, 09:02 AM
The man answers your question with a simple Please, come with me. Everything will be explained. He leads you up the stairs, to the private part of the club.

'Geez, shouldn't you at least buy a girl a drink first' she replies to the man with a slight nervous giggle. Clearly he isn't interested in the act, but she is nervous. Its too early, and too formal to be one of Benny's goons, maybe its a Johnson, but she hasn't asked for any, so that would be weird.. as she is following the man, she wracks her brain for anyone who might be angry with her, clearly missing the obvious as she is lead into the room.

There he opens a door and lets you enter in front of him. You enter a simply-decorated office, almost utilitarian, very feng-shuei. You feel that this is a very creative place. A woman in simple beige suit stands in front of you, facing a one-way mirror leading to the dancefloor, the place where you danced few moments ago.

The door closes, and suddenly there is silence in the room, broken only by the sound of a small water fountain on the table.

Without even glancing at you, the woman speaks in soft tone.

I am the proprietor of this club. It's not often someone slips at the door without paying and I must say, I like it that way.

She finally looks at you. Her eyes are gray, cold and hard.

So... care to explain yourself? And maybe suggest how we fix this... incident?

As she speaks, Spaz realizes that the issue is far more mundane, and immediate than she thought..
oh...Oh! is that all? I um, well I can pay, its not that at all... it was just that well it was all rainy outside and the line was really long, and I didn't think anyone would notice...
She trails off, knowing she was kind of babbling, and her mirthful attitude wasn't really spreading around the room.

Taking a deep breath, and a moment to look over the woman, she finishes with, 'If I just pay the cover, can we let this whole thing slide, I'm sure you have more important things to worry about'.

Assensing: [roll0]

Tyeal
2015-05-29, 02:03 PM
(All right! Let's get this Diplo ball rollin'!)

Draven

Stepping back into the club, he had passed some cash to one of the bouncers watching the VIP rooms, reserving a room for himself and his potential partners. Ordering drinks for himself and those he was expecting. "I'm expecting some company this evening. Point 'em in the direction of the room and inform them they're being expected if they ask for Draven." With that covered, he shows himself into the back, stepping into the cushioned, warm space, and helps himself to a glass of neon blue Hypno-time as he sends out a new message to inform Gargoyle about his change of location. Taking a drink, he smacks his lips and mutters,"And now, we wait..."

Surgate
2015-05-29, 04:44 PM
Gargoyle

He noted the message with a hint of a smile, rare in itself, and nigh a miracle in his sober state. At least she was safe for now. And if he got too roughed up, Dr. Bob was good to have nearby in Tacoma. He wasn't excited about returning to the Fire & Ice club, but he needed a distraction from his encounters with River and Tomorrow, and Rent was still overdue.

If he could palm his ears with both chrome claws he would have done so. It was a relief after he asked around for Draven that the face acquired a private room for them to use. It was impossible to drown the static "music" entirely, but he quickly helped himself to a drink in the private room after nodding to Draven with a toothy smirk. He sat and drank absent-minded, seemingly distracted from the present situation.

"Cheers chummer. We have a job?"

casualcryptic
2015-05-29, 11:06 PM
Johnson seemed pleased.

The payment is 500 for an audio and a still shot, and additional 500 for a visual of the deal. Target is Brackhaven's aide - she's going to make a deal with someone. We need her on the shot, identifiable, the person she makes deal with, and of course if you get us the full recording, it'll be even better. The meeting should take place at old abandoned factory at the outskirts of Tacoma. I will send you the GPS coordinates and info on the aide - the other target is yet unknown. The timeframe has been already discussed. Any questions?

Roots, somehow figuring out his thoughts when he looked at the drone, pinged him with a message. >>If you want the lease, let's say 10% of the price per day with additional 10% as the final payment and my tip. You miss one payment, I take the drone back. No refunds. Agreed?<<

Anvil bit his bottom lip. He didn't know if the price was fair. He only knew that he wanted more. He missed the days when he ran with a face. With a good face the money just seemed to flow. Video, audio, and still shots... all things a drone's basic video camera could cover. So that was good at least. Anvil wondered if the Johnson was aware of that fact.

Anvil glanced at the message from Roots. It was a very fair price, and one he could definitely work with in the long term, but in the short term he was broke. He'd have to be a little bold if the money was to work out right. "The price is fine, and I see no need to negotiate it. Covering the angles and styles you mentioned should be a non-issue as well. However, I would like one hundred nuyen of the payment transfered up front to cover an associated expense that will make the run go much more smoothly. If you like you can think of it as a retainer in case any other oppotunities come up in that timeframe, but obviously the forward percentage would still come out of my pay. Is that satisfactory?"

Anvil sends a message back to Roots. "Better hope he says yes. I'm negotiating your first payment."

Tyeal
2015-05-30, 12:12 PM
Gargoyle

He noted the message with a hint of a smile, rare in itself, and nigh a miracle in his sober state. At least she was safe for now. And if he got too roughed up, Dr. Bob was good to have nearby in Tacoma. He wasn't excited about returning to the Fire & Ice club, but he needed a distraction from his encounters with River and Tomorrow, and Rent was still overdue.

If he could palm his ears with both chrome claws he would have done so. It was a relief after he asked around for Draven that the face acquired a private room for them to use. It was impossible to drown the static "music" entirely, but he quickly helped himself to a drink in the private room after nodding to Draven with a toothy smirk. He sat and drank absent-minded, seemingly distracted from the present situation.

"Cheers chummer. We have a job?"

Draven

Gargoyle looked a good bit taller in person than his profile portrayed. He seemed in a good mood though, and kept up his eagerness to pair up with him for work. Draven, lounging in his seat with his drink of choice next to him, replied, "We may have several jobs lined up. They're smaller ones, but between the two of us, we should get 'em done quickly, and collect some quick cash for our troubles. The first is through a Cleaner, offering some quick and dirty jobs. The other is my regular contact, Mr. Smith, who says he has work for a group of Runners. And, sadly, two Runners a group does not make."

Surgate
2015-05-31, 04:26 AM
Gargoyle

The Ork finished his drink, and snatched another one. "Perfect. Expecting anyone else or is it just us?"

Lacco
2015-06-02, 02:10 AM
Spaz

She felt like the room got colder, but it was only the woman's mood.

I don't have more important thing to worry about currently. Allow me to explain my point. The line outside is long for a reason. Some clubs are famous for people that are in them. This one is no exception. We need to keep in check the people that get in. There are three groups of people who usually get in - the clubgoers, selected from the line outside - for their looks, for their status, for their potential to entertain other guests. The celebrities. They don't have to wait in the line. And third one... she looks directly to Spaz's eyes ...are the bussiness. I will not go into further details, however, club gets part of the cut from the deals that Johnsons make here in this club.

She smiles, but it's a cold smile.

So when you appeared in the club, I immediately asked which part of the crowd you were. You are no celebrity. You didn't get in through the security check - I would know. So either you were an intruder...or you were here to work. We deal with the intruders quite effectively - usually in such colourful way that there is very small amount of actual attempts to get in. Feel free to try it out... or...

Woman paused for a moment. Spaz heard the man behind took a breath and shifted his weight.

...or you are here to get work. And that means, you not only pay the cover...you owe me a cut, as everyone who does bussiness over here. Which one is it? Take your time to choose.

Since you focused on the woman, I assume you are assensing her. The woman's mundane, however there is a spirit protecting her and a watcher is present in the room. There is some magic security.

Anvil

The Johnson waited patiently for his answer. He listened to his request and sounded a bit amused when answering.

Satisfactory. One hundred nuyen it is, since miss Roots vouched for you. I will send the payment through your fixer if you agree, I'd like to stay on the "deniable" side. Pleasure doing bussiness with you. I will send you additional information also through miss Roots within two hours. She will be our liaison - please provide her with the fruits of your labor. Good luck.

He hung up.

As he turned to Roots, she was already handing him the rotodrone with a smirk.

Feel free to feel paranoic. If Johnson agrees to anything without negotiation, it's usually sign you asked for less than the job's worth :smallsmile:

Draven and Gargoyle

The private room was decorated in the "fire" theme. The walls were black and glossy, with AR image of burning flames in various colours overlaid over them. There was a table, likewise black and glossy, with a jammer and white noise generator in the middle, 8 chairs around it and large couch at the back wall.

Controls on the table were simple - volume of the club music, on/off switch for the jammer, white noise generator and AR overlay, virtual bartender and light control. All of course available also wirelessly - the access code was provided when Draven paid for the room.

Currently, the room was completely silent, except for clacking of Gargoyle's claws on the table.

casualcryptic
2015-06-02, 10:30 AM
Anvil

The Johnson waited patiently for his answer. He listened to his request and sounded a bit amused when answering.

Satisfactory. One hundred nuyen it is, since miss Roots vouched for you. I will send the payment through your fixer if you agree, I'd like to stay on the "deniable" side. Pleasure doing bussiness with you. I will send you additional information also through miss Roots within two hours. She will be our liaison - please provide her with the fruits of your labor. Good luck.

He hung up.

As he turned to Roots, she was already handing him the rotodrone with a smirk.

Feel free to feel paranoic. If Johnson agrees to anything without negotiation, it's usually sign you asked for less than the job's worth :smallsmile:

Anvil leaned over and sighed with relief at being finished with the Johnson, then turned with a grin and a wink for Roots. "Surviving by a thread Asdzani."

It was then that Anvil noticed that he had missed a message during his conversation with the Johnson, a message from Anvil's afforementioned cousin in fact. He tucked the drone under his arm and looked to Roots. "Alright, looks like I need to call Spider now. Apparently he's been blowing up my comms. Thanks for all the help. I'll let you know if I'm able to pull a team together in time for those other gigs."

Anvil waves goodbye and connects to Spider ve commcall while he heads back to his truck.

Anything that would have required a negotiation check would have been a failure, so I didn't really have much of a choice but to be underpaid. Sooner I start getting Face pay the better.

Kyrinthic
2015-06-02, 12:34 PM
Listening to the woman speak as the tone becomes ever colder and sharper, spaz almost finds herself almost shivering, the quiet presence of the bouncer behind her never far from her mind. she pauses a minute to ponder her options and responses, her eyes scanning across the stern looking room. Its clear that her attempt to lighten the mood was not successful, if anything this was spiralling out of control, humans can be so frustratingly stiff. It was time to change tactics.

Letting the innocent party girl facade slide away, Spaz takes a tone similar to the woman across the room.
"I'm afraid I tend not to fall into neat little categories. I enjoy the atmosphere here and I assure you, I can be entertaining. But I am also looking to see if anyone I have worked with is around, as work is always welcome. this isnt my first visit in any event."

As she speaks, she steps up to the window to look out over the crowd, standing next to the woman but not looking at her as she continues, she knows she is playing a dangerous game, but she cant really afford to back down and pay this lady a cut from now on.

"The deals you have with the Johnsons that come here is between you and them, but I have never paid a club cut on a job, and I am not about to start now. If this is something that is changing here, I may have overestimated your discretion, and consequently, the value of doing business here."

She pauses a moment, glancing over the view below, wondering just how much work did pass through these doors.

"If, on the other hand, this is a roundabout way to suggest work, I might be willing to hear what you are are offering. Otherwise, I can simply take my leave, I can drop the 5 nuyen cover off with the doorguard on the way out if it is an issue."

Tyeal
2015-06-03, 02:48 PM
Gargoyle

The Ork finished his drink, and snatched another one. "Perfect. Expecting anyone else or is it just us?"

"A proper group wouldn't hurt." He replied after draining his glass. "Bigger group does mean a little less pay, but it'll net us bigger jobs. I have some contacts with that kind of work already on my list. We just need the skilled folk to make it happen. I made a post not long ago, and I'm hoping to come across more prospective allies. If we can't find any soon, we'll just have to go meet my Cleaner contact and see what work he has for us in the meantime."

Surgate
2015-06-03, 04:11 PM
Gargoyle

He stopped clanking his claws against the table after Draven spoke, cocking an eyebrow. "I've had my fill of small work for the night already. Your expertise is partially ensuring that we make more for our troubles. In any case, I'll pass the word onto a few acquaintances. Two Amerindian cousins and a pixie broad." He finished grumbling and practically muted the club music wirelessly through his commlink.

To Spaz, Anvil & Spider
<<Putting a team together for real work. Interested? Ask for Draven and Gargoyle at the Fire and Ice Club. Private Room. Password-Forty days and nights. ~Gargoyle >>>

He went back to nursing his drink, one sip at a time, his claws once again rapping against the black table. He looked around at the decor and barely smirked as he returned his attention to Draven.

"Should be hearing back from them soon enough."

casualcryptic
2015-06-03, 07:30 PM
Anvil paused to check another message, his eyebrows arching as he recognized the sender. "Friggin Gargoyle," he murmured. Anvil didn't know the orc well, but he knew him by reputation, and what he'd heard he didn't particularly like: ganger, killer. Gargoyle was from the other side of the shadows from Anvil. He'd take the jobs Anvil would usually pass on. If he was looking to form a group, the work could be messy. Anvil resisted the urge to glance at his bank account. He knew exactly how much nuyen was in it, down to the exact change. He groaned as he hesitantly wrote out a reply. "That's the bar with the entry fee isn't it?" he messaged back. A moment passed. Anvil couldn't afford to be picky about who he worked with right now and he knew it. As far as the cover charge went, it was a lot relative to what Anvil could afford, but ultimately tribial if it meant work. "I'll see what I can do."

Anvil sits the spare roto-drone onto his bed. He'd probably need to recalibrate it, but that could wait until he'd decided on a direction. It's not like he actually needed two, except per Johnson request. As soon as he was in the driver's seat Anvil cranked the engine to life, but he sat in the front seat of the truck for some ten minutes anyway, waiting for Spider to reply. Aside from the chance that Spider might message him back, Anvil also wanted to put a little bit of time between himself and the possible meeting with Gargoyle. After all, it wouldn't do to look desperate. Anvil didn't feel desperate. Not exactly. He wasn't like other runners. He didn't need an apartment. Didn't need much of anything. With nothing but an old truck and a sack of tools he could keep himself going. But he wanted things, perhaps even more than other runners. It wasn't consumerism. Anvil was just a mechanic, and most of what he had was second-hand, but he liked to play, and the toys weren't getting cheaper.

He sighed. "Damnit," he excaimed with a sigh of acceptance, as he put the truck into gear and started it towards the club. After the truck was on the main road, Anvil let the navsoft take over and slid into the back to work on his latest gadget. He wanted to get the settings right.

Saulk
2015-06-03, 09:05 PM
Spider's meat form sat with knees resting against the steering wheel, completely zoned out as he was playing a game in VR. He and his teammates had finally beaten the last of the opposing team's turrets and were closing in for the kill. Gargoyle's message flickered across his view but he shunted it to the side, lining up a withering barrage against an enemy PC. The base destroyed, he opened the messages.

Gargoyle had a job. Spaz had a job. Too coincidental for it to be the same? He shrugged to himself in VR - a job was a job and nuyen were nuyen.

>> Gargoyle - sure; I'll be there soon. Is Spaz with you? And my cousin? Are we partying at that club tonight before work?

He knew Gargoyle would dislike that last part and he smiled as he sent the message. Another thought called up Anvil's window.

>> cousin, I'm heading to Fire and Ice; are you already there with Gargoyle? Just a hunch but I figured you'd either be there or on the guest list. I'll be there in ten.

Almost done answering messages. Spaz hadn't responded.

>> Spaz, you OK? If not slave your comm to me, I'll do what I can as I drive. I'm heading to Fire and Ice. Gargoyle has work.

There. All settled. He rested his legs back down to the floor and looked himself over. T-shirt and jeans were fine, just slightly under the acceptable bounds for the club. He ducked back, grabbing his leather jacket, the bulky one that could hide alot of gear. He wouldn't get his backpack in this place. He flipped Betty into hidden mode and activated his public commlink. Joe Q Citizen, out for a night of fun at the club. He settled Betty in the pocket over his heart and turned his (hacked) Gridlink on. A parker's garage four blocks away from the club would work.

When he arrived he hopped out, locked the car, and set the pilot to defensive mode. He began the walk to the club, chirping in AR to his friends that he was there.

The music in the club was comforting and enjoyable, and he danced a little as he scanned for the icons he knew , making his way towards Gargoyle's location.

Lacco
2015-06-05, 01:26 AM
Spaz

Finally we get somewhere. So a runner, not a Johnson. I take my cuts from Johnsons through the private rooms which I provide - and they are private, I can assure you, one of them even to the scope of withstanding a full-on firefight. I usually don't take cash directly from runners - I used to be one, so I understand that jobs are scarce and cash doesn't grow on trees. And no, I usually don't provide jobs.

The smile disappears.

However - you did trespass on my property. And no, the 5 nuyen cover will not be enough. So this time, I'll play a Johnson and will provide a job.

She goes to sit behind her desk. Spaz noticed her commlink whirred a bit and let out the short optimistic melody - a message.

If you accept the job and succeed, we will be even and I'll even open you an account here in my club and put a good word with some of my clients. If you don't well... we are at our starting point and I will be glad to hear your offer.

Draven, Spider, Anvil and Gargoyle

A message flashed on Gargoyle's commlink. >>Gargoyle - sure; I'll be there soon. Is Spaz with you? And my cousin? Are we partying at that club tonight before work? << The sender was Spider. He knew - the arachnide icon was a signature.

In the meantime, Spider noticed someone he knew in the club. While he danced towards the private room through the dancefloor, moving to the music, he noticed his cousin. He looked out of place - he moved through the club, obviously not enjoying the rhytms that pounded at him from the speakers.

They entered the private room together.

Kyrinthic
2015-06-05, 08:52 AM
Watching her step behind the desk with a sigh of relief, she taps the comlink to toss the incoming messages on her display.

>> Hiya Spaz; sure, I'm in. Had a little bit of hassle on a scam I was running just now, so it might be good to have some proper work. Where are you? We can talk about the particulars in person. -Spider
<<Putting a team together for real work. Interested? Ask for Draven and Gargoyle at the Fire and Ice Club. Private Room. Password-Forty days and nights. ~Gargoyle >>>
>> Spaz, you OK? If not slave your comm to me, I'll do what I can as I drive. I'm heading to Fire and Ice. Gargoyle has work. - Spider

Oh, how coincidental, she will have to try even harder to smooth things over is she is planning to step into a room downstairs.

Spaz looks relieved, but still worried as she replied, 'I am not against the idea of a job, but I do have current considerations, so if there are scheduling conflicts due to specific timings, I may have to decline. Let me know roughly, what I am looking at.' A slight pause and she adds 'Amusingly enough, I am supposed to meet downstairs...assuming we resolve our issue'

casualcryptic
2015-06-05, 12:55 PM
"Spider!" Anvil called. "Long time no see Shik'is," he added as he approached using the old Navajo word for cousin. "I don't suppose you know more about this than I do? Well, shall we?" He motioned to the room they were told to meet in.

Saulk
2015-06-05, 07:20 PM
Spider smiled to his cousin. "What's up, omae? It's good to see you. How's your father? Unfortunately I have no more idea than you do about what the deal is in here. Should be exciting, though. Profitable too. Gargoyle must hate this place." The smile broke into a grin.

As he sets his hand on the door he seemed to remember something. "Spaz mentioned a job too but no response yet. Seen her around?"

With that he pushed his way into the room.

casualcryptic
2015-06-05, 10:41 PM
Anvil let the first to questions go completely, sliding under the waves of conversation. In truth, he hadn't spoken to his father in months. He didn't know how either of his parents were, other than that he was relatively positive they both lived. Anvil was able to keep up a smile nonetheless, though it faded sleightly when Spider mentioned Gargoyle.

"I haven't. Then again, would I know her if I saw her?"

Surgate
2015-06-06, 03:46 PM
Gargoyle

A wave of messages came in return. He half-scowled half chuckled at Spider's jab at the end. Always the joker that one. And he was surprised to hear from his cousin, Anvil. The Ork knew when he rubbed people the wrong way, it wasn't exactly an uncommon occurrence. He was going to send a message soon, but by the time he considered doing so, already the two Amerindian cousins strolled into the private room.

Gargoyle finally ceased tapping the table with his claws when they entered, raising his right claw in greetings. "Hoi. Take a seat. Draven has the details through a contact on proper group contracts...not sure where Spaz is at though."

casualcryptic
2015-06-06, 05:18 PM
Anvil responded to Gargoyle's greeting with a cool "Chummer." but did as he suggested and took a seat.

Saulk
2015-06-06, 08:43 PM
Spider hadn't particularly expected Draven but he nodded at the face.

"Glad to hear she's all good and will be joining the party. Great place for a meeting though. Love the music!"

Spider swung into a seat and proceeded to call up the public information on this building, getting himself a guest access on the local node. He knew the meet was most likely safe. - the team wouldn't be here otherwise - but it never hurt to know where all the exits were. He made sure to tag them in his PAN.

Lastly he pulled a rather bulky (by the current standards) device from his pocket. He spun it idly on the table, ready in case the signal was given to turn on his area jammer and blanket the area in techy-irritating fuzz so they could talk without fear of eavesdropping.

Surgate
2015-06-07, 12:33 AM
"What music?" Gargoyle grumbled with an obvious grimace.

Tyeal
2015-06-08, 12:45 AM
Draven

Draven watched as Gargoyle made good on his word. A few other bodies filtered in from the club, apparently all messaged by the Ork himself. He had never worked with a Pixie before, and watched the little ball of energy zip and move about the room near constantly while every one else made themselves comfortable. He counted five total; More than enough to make Mr. Smith give over work to them. Standing up, he addressed the room entirely, deciding to break the ice a little. "I greatly appreciate the calling in of Runners, Gargoyle. And so quickly too. Before we go see my contact here at the club, everyone mind giving me a quick run-down of what you specialize in? I can see Gargoyle is the muscle, and you all probably guessed by my" He straightened his jacket collar some and cleared his throat. "commanding and inspiring presence that I'm a Face. No need to be embarrassed about it; I get those looks quite often. But, concerning the little sprite we have joining us and the strong, silent type here" He'll indicated Spaz and Anvil. "What do you two bring to the group?"

Lacco
2015-06-09, 07:47 AM
Spaz

The woman smiles. This time it seems like a genuine smile.

Very well. I will not give you a tight schedule - let's say a month. As for the job - there is a certain spirit, intruding into one of my private rooms. Since privacy is expected, I can not use the room due to this fact. I am not versed in the paths of magic, and the mage I employ is unable to take the task himself due to quite low amount of free time. So if you accept, I will give you access to the private room. Ensure the spirit is kept out permanently, by whatever method, and you get to use the room for 12 hours for free and my recommendations. Refuse or fail, and we'll have this talk again... and I don't want to keep you from your meeting, so have a nice evening.

With the last sentence, woman turns her face to papers on her desk. Spaz is politely escorted out.

If you want, you can "catch" the others at the private room, meaning Draven's last post is valid.

Surgate
2015-06-09, 08:54 AM
Gargoyle

Gargoyle nodded at Spaz when she zipped inside, and smirked at Draven. Hit the chrome nail on the head. He was the drekking muscle alright. The ork continued to work on his drink, one sip at a time, and observed.

Kyrinthic
2015-06-09, 10:39 AM
"I can work with this, removing a single spirit can be some work, but I can do that. If you are looking to make that room spirit proof in the long run, thats a bit trickier, and not really where my expertise lies."

She then follows the man out of the room, knowing she will think twice before sneaking in here again. Deciding there is little point in replying when they are right downstairs, spaz heads down to the meeting room. Walking purposefully straight to the door where the others are meeting, knowing eyes are on her back, she gives the password sedately and slips inside, breathing an audible sigh of relief when the door closes behind her.

As she steps into the room her face goes from slightly worried to a large grin, 'Hoi chummers, been a while, Its me, Spaz, whats up?' She asks looking around, happy to see friendly faces, well friendlier anyhow, spaz isnt entirely sure Gargoyle has a friendly face. She takes a seat at the table, currently looking decidely non-pixie like. She watches as Draven goes over his spiel before replying.

"So, I'm a mage, I do magey stuff, more sneaky and less killy than some mages, I'm also pretty dodgy in general, which helps as a runner mage, let me tell you." She adds with a sagely nod, and you can tell she cuts herself off from starting to tell a story about why that is the case. She just lets herself stop and looks at Gargoyle

casualcryptic
2015-06-09, 12:39 PM
Anvil reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a handheld drone, that looks almost like a strange clear insect with a complex eye as a body and long translucent wings. The eye passes from runner to runner and zooms in and out. "You could call me an all-purpose AR rigger. Cars, drones, you name it, I can run it and keep it running."

Tyeal
2015-06-12, 11:20 AM
Draven

He nodded to both Spaz and Anvil, making notes of their abilities in his head. 'Good. We got muscle, tech, magic, and Charisma. A solid group all around.' he thinks to himself. His drink done and everyone clear on what they'd be doing, he motions to the door. "Well folks, I say we go pay my contact a visit. He owns and runs this club, and he's just up the hall here in his office. He goes by the name Smith when it comes to Runners. Let's see what work he has for us."

Draven walks out with his new allies, showing them down th ehall and into Mr. Smith's office. Grinning wide as he strode into the lavish, sound-proofed office, occupied by a few security guards, he says, "So, Mr. Smith, I believe you had a job for a group of Runners?"

Kyrinthic
2015-06-13, 08:35 AM
Spaz hops up to follow speaking as she does "So, I have a couple of other commitments, and one has a time window, so in about a day and a half, I'm going to be busy, though I would be happy enough to have a hand with it, though its a stealth job with no killing, so I'm not sure everyone will be needed" she adds with a small glance at gargoyle.

She then follows Draven out of the room, keeping quiet around smith, she knows she can be ignorant of customs at times, and lets him do the talking, it is his job after all.