PDA

View Full Version : [LS] Chapter XI: The Soul Warren (IC)

Mornings
2015-05-14, 06:09 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/DreadfulMorning/SHATTERED%20STAR/SOUL%20WARREN_zpsadsm6vvs.png

There was only darkness, complete and absolute. For a time, that was all that was. Then, slowly, with time, it begun to ease away creeping like some living shadow of umbral shade that censored all senses.. After a moment a small, dim light 20 ft ahead is visible. The magical red flame of the lantern was suspended upon a long chain that stretched up beyond all sight. It cast a small 10 ft circle of light under it. The stone is cold... laying upon the ground slightly dazed from the transition. A strange smell hung in the air... A burning aroma that was somewhat bitter, yet held a hint of sweetness as if a small cloud of smoke lay in the air....

Desril
2015-05-15, 06:05 PM
My turn.

Kestal'Fel

Her wings splayed out beneath her and her tail awkwardly lying between her legs, Kestal'Fel stretches out her arms and stares up into the darkness, arching her back as she grins, happy to finally be in control, even if it is a time-share. Still, she knows this isn't the place to rest and relax, even without Eris' mental reminder.

Seeing the light appear, the demi-succubus sits up, pondering why the darkness is impenetrable even to her senses before she rises and starts to make her way toward it. "Koriah, sweetheart, are you here?" She calls out, wondering if her new lover ended up somewhere else.

Sweetheart?
Only 'til the next we--
I get it. Still, the light could be a trap you know.
Yes, but it's either that, or stumble around in the darkness further, and we're tired of being blind.

Mornings
2015-05-15, 06:45 PM
The Stray Soul

" Yes, Yes... I'm here..." She crawled a long the ground blindly walking towards the light. " This... supernatural dark. Was impossible to see anything for awhile. It looks like it's beginning to recede."

The chamber appears to be 100 ft wide. A massive circular cavernous subterranean hole... The walls appeared to be made of some strange dark-shadowy grey glass-like stone. Forms danced and shifted like shadows beneath its surface. It was a supernatural substance foreign and strange, as was the floor they stood upon. The light hung from an iron woven chain, a magical pyre. The chain which it hung from stretched off into the distance for hundreds and hundreds of feet disappearing into the blackness of the ceiling, seemingly without end.

It was quiet, but distantly something could be heard in the distance. Lightly echoing about the place. They were not alone... Koriah crossed her arms and slid out two golden-bladed knives from her worn and ragged clothes. A sound could behead behind them, as Jeska was dropped upon the ground behind them. " Something about this place... just isn't right. "

Vhaidara
2015-05-15, 09:40 PM
Nadia Vorns, The Newborn Drake

As she falls, Nadia's wings return, their glimmering light unable to extend in the darkness, but still slowing her fall. As she alights, she collapses to the ground, silent tears streaming down her face as her body convulses.

Desril
2015-05-15, 10:02 PM
Kestal'Fel, the Prophet of Pleasure

Nodding at Koriah and glancing back toward Jeska as the human drops in on them, Kestal looks around. "You're right, I'm not exactly comfortable here myself," she says just in time for Nadia to make her more elegant entrance. She doesn't notice the tears at first, but is quick to note the shaking of her body, with Eris realizing what it meant moments later. Let me talk to her! We did this, we have to try make it right.

Rolling her eyes while facing away, she calls out to Koriah again, "Just be careful. Don't stray too far."

Eris, the Hand of Hope

Glad that her other half relinquished control so easily, Eris silently thanks her hornier half and turns their attentions to their weeping companion. Approaching slowly, she tries to speak in as calm and soothing a voice as possible as she approaches, eventually getting down on one knee beside Nadia, "It's okay now, just take a moment to catch your breath," she tells her. "I know things have been crazy, so just let it out." Reaching out, she hesitates, wanting to put a hand on Nadia's shoulder but not knowing if she should before deciding to follow through to try and comfort her. "If you just want to let it out, that's ok, but...I'm here for you, if you want to talk..."

If she wants to talk? Really? That's the best we could come up with?
Quiet, she needs to decide what to do on her own, I don't want to push her. We've done that enough.

Vhaidara
2015-05-15, 10:08 PM

Nadia looks up at Eris
So many...so many dead...
Her look is full of completely hopeless despair
I saw it, Magister. I saw the end come...

Desril
2015-05-15, 10:19 PM
Eris

Oh...she's still taking in everything that happened...so then I guess...
We were probably the only good part of her day, yes.
It was still wrong to compel her that way.

Doing her best not to look relieved, Eris returns Nadia's gaze with a look of compassion. "It's alright, the people we cared about were saved. You saw a possible end...not the path that was ultimately followed. What you saw never happened, and it never will," she says with conviction, hoping that the young woman might be more comfortable if she sounded like an authority figure. Though their titles didn't mean much here, the Magister did outrank the lieutenant. And if nothing else, Eris needed to remind herself of that fact too. After all, she only barely understood what had happened, and she'd had far more information than anyone else here did.

Oh, clever, make her loyal and obedient, I like it.
That's...that's not what I'm doing!

Vhaidara
2015-05-16, 07:50 AM
Nadia Vorns, the Newborn Drake

Her convulsing seems to slow, but the tears keep flowing.
You're...you're right...we did stop it. But it was so close. We were so stupid. We almost killed everyone...
Another convulsion wracks her body
I was powerless...I couldn't do anything to help...

Mornings
2015-05-16, 11:53 AM
The Stray Soul

Koriah speaks low as she backs into the group of them. " Something... Something's in here with us. " She quickly snaps out her two golden knives, throwing them off into the darkness and into the floor. KHINK The sound could be heard off in the distance somewhere as they dug into the stone floor. She raised her hands up her thumb and middle finger touching. Then with a snap from either hand. The blades detonated. Casting light about the chamber.

A terrible moaning could be heard all about them, like hundreds of voices crying out in pain. The massive chamber was atleast 100 ft wide. From the walls hundreds and hundreds of shadow-like silhouettes of human-like figures could be seen beneath the surface of the stone all about them, screaming out, and covering their formless faces. " ...By the gods. What is this place." She snapped out two more knives from inside her ragged cloths from beneath her armpits.

( A distant deep rasping chuckle could be heard off in the distance... somewhere. )

" Magister... What have you gotten us into now.."

Valpurga's voice could be heard in the back of her mind. " Never have I traveled here. To this place. All I have heard were but cryptic words and strange talk of 'The Dark'... This place does not sit well with me. Be on guard. "

Mornings
2015-05-16, 02:11 PM
The Daughter of Evening, the Daughter of Nights

[ Perception ]

At the strange sight of the hundreds of moaning shadows, and the frightful words of Valpurga and Koriah, The Magister and Kestal looked about. The Magister's eyes could not make out anything in the umbral-dark of the strange chamber. Without a thought Kestal took over the body, her senses reached out, piercing the blackness. The chamber was massive. 100 ft in circumference of the strange haunting stone. The ceiling stretched on, seemingly infinitely into an abyssal sky. 80 ft away she could make out a figure. Massive and tall. He sat upon a carved out corner of the room upon a large stone bench. A table of the grey stone before him, that looked as if it could seat a dozen or so people. The nameless entity appeared strange, and aged. He was but an old man. perhaps. but stood 7'4'' stall. He sat upon a bench humming some dark tune. He was cloaked in a billowing sheet of Bleakness. Living shadow, much like that of Mirror. He appeared neither solid no truly incorporeal. He possessed a difinitive form, yet she could see partially through him, where the shade did not conceal his figure. His flesh was pale and lifeless. A large, wide-brimmed hat made of the same bleak-energy sat atop his head, a band of the same cloth covering his eyes, like a band of fabric tied across his face. He hunched over, the bleakness of his hat, now shrouding his visage. His long stringy grey hair hung to his chin. A scruffy thick goatee around his mouth. Even so, her keen eyes had seen the terrible scar that ran across his throat, a fatal wound. A large black stick, like a foreign cigar, sat smoking in his mouth, bitter yet sweet smelling. A hand came up from his cloak of bleakness. his frail arm was wrapped in many bands of the shadow-cloth. Terrible mutilating scars crisscrossed his entire arm. He adjusted his Cigar and continued to hum a song whilst seemingly staring into the floor.

The supernatural shade begins to clear away as she catches sight of him. The mysterious light in the center of the chamber seems to brighten, and vision is restored to each of them. The chamber was circular. It possessed no entrance. It possessed no exist. It was a cavernous pit of grey stone. Though the light seemed to brighten. Each of them possessed no shadow within this place, as if the light did not exist at all.

Koriah glanced around, still on guard from the sudden change in atmosphere. Valpurga spoke again. " What a strange place.... Yet I can feel something, a force within this place. Much like that of Bleakness, creeping, seeping from the very recesses of this place... We should not stay here longer then needed."

The old entity's voice echoed out raspily across the chamber. " Heh. So the kids got sharp eyes, eh? Good to know. Good to know... That one inside ya''s got the right mind 'bout him too... This 'aint no place for da' livin'.... This 'aint no place fer' ya' either. It'll stretch ya'. Stretch ya' too thin. Bleed ya'. Take ya' under... and there 'aint no comin' back from 'dat. Heh. No, comin' back.... So make it quick, and git' along'... if ya' plan teh' be leavin' at all..."

Desril
2015-05-16, 02:37 PM
Eris

As Kestal uses her eyes to scan the area, Eris gently pats Nadia on the back, pulling her close, "I know, but you know about these 'Reflections' just as I do. Our time being powerless is almost over, so just be strong, a little while longer."

There's something here, let me take over so I can get a better look.

Kestal'Fel

Still with Nadia pulled close, she whispers, "I promise, I'll make it worthwhile for you if you do."

As the light, or perhaps the lack of darkness would be more accurate, spreads across and Kestal gets a look at the old creature on the throne, the Prophet of Pleasure immediately recognizes another entity far beyond her own power. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid we must ask for your help," she says, annoyed at being forced to beg for aid, preferring to leave that sort of thing to Eris. "Are you the one called 'The Dark'? Can you tell us how to leave this place?"

Adding Nadia to the Harem and can now communicate telepathically with her.

Removed irrelevant Diplomacy roll of 11.

Mornings
2015-05-16, 03:36 PM
[ The Stranger ]

The old creature, the old man, laughed for a short while then coughed. "Hehe-cah-hah... Heh... Me? I'm just a broken ol' man.... Just a stranger. But if you insist on calling meh' something...... call me Dark. " He didn't stand or move. Still content with staring at the ground. " I haven't had no visitors in some time.... a long time... damn long time..." He took a long draft from the black stick, blowing out a sweet smelling billowing cloud. Ah...So you want to leave this place? Here? ....Dun much know how ya' even got in. There aint' no door. Their aint' no exit... Figured ya be some special folks, like ol' Lights or Chaos to come on down 'ere. This 'aint a normal place, but 'bout the same as anywhere I reckon...But to your question. If I was an honest man... a true man. I'd say I haven't the slightest idea..." He stretched a bit. " I come here teh' rest... you might call it.. ' my humble abode'. Hell... this place dun even got no name, but.. A man came 'ere once. A long time ago... A damn long time... He called this place 'The Soul Warren'. Strange fellow... a damn strange fellow."

He leaned over the table. placing two large fist sized black stones on the stone surface. " All I gots for ya', for free, is what I've given. Truths and Half-Truths... Don't do no charity. But if ya' here on business. Come on over, and let's make words.... Always interested in new customers.... hehe" He spread his hands out wide. before the table. Kestal had a strange sense of Deja'vu. " Death... And Life... I deal in both. So, what'll it be? "

Desril
2015-05-16, 04:06 PM
Kestal'Fel

Recalling the words of the other Children, the Lady of Mornings, and Arch-Magister Black, But things have been restored without us. Which mean these could be used as payment for any number of things, most likely. But I'm curious, let's see what you come up with, given the chance.

Eris

Taking control once more, Eris speaks up. "If this is the Soul Warren, then we are where we were supposed to be going. Astrok'Ru," she uses his name, hoping that they were on good terms at their last parting, "sent us here so we might seek passage to The Wake." She pauses, "And also that you might empower myself and my friends."

Mornings
2015-05-16, 04:18 PM
The Stranger

The old man began to laugh and cackle. " That sorry clown is still kicking around, eh? Ye', I remember poor Lil' Siviri... crawlin' out da' dark like you ladies... broken an' bleeding, without even a damn name. Til I gave 'em one. Dat' girl did a number on 'em. Even took da' damn' ring I gave 'em and sealed it away tight. Serves 'em right though, Cunning lil' bastard, learns fast... too fast. Heard da' damn fool even lost my necklace in a damn bet with that half-blooded lil'-runt... dat' Brother of yas'.... You want a ticket to see da' old Keeper? You want a ticket to The Wake? Sure. But da' ride aint cheap. Hope da lil' devil gave ya' somethin' better then fancy words teh' pay with.... Nothin is free, nothin. So... Death.. or Life? What'll it be? "

Desril
2015-05-16, 04:25 PM
Eris

I do wish that he'd stop asking for death or life. I can't tell if it's a straightforward question, or if the hidden meanings reverse what the obvious answer would be.

Reaching back, she speaks, "A being like you, there is precious little you would want for. But, as I understand it, even you barter." She pulls out one of the Renor'anon, leaving the other hidden, "With this, I would buy the four of us passage."

Mornings
2015-05-16, 05:00 PM
The Stranger

The old man stands up, with his hands on the table looking at the flower bud in her hand, obviously more attentive. " Aiight' Girlie.... Now I'm listening... You want a ticket for you ladies... for that? Done. " He raises a hand, a strange white light formed around each of their left wrists. It did not touch their skin, but hovered just above their flesh, turning in an endless circle, a weaving light. " That'll let ya' come 'ere, without worry 'bout fallin' in the place... So what else ya got? Or, is dat' all ya' came fer'? "

Vhaidara
2015-05-16, 09:15 PM

As Kestal links their minds, Nadia feels something deep inside her. What was she doing crying? She was a Vorns. Her blood may be tainted by some demonic magic, but that did not change that she was a noble born warrior. No more would she be powerless, a victim of events beyond her. Such events did not exist.

Stand clear Magister. I am going to take a chance here, and gamble with my life.

She stood, gripping Ankiron with her left hand as she stared at the figure. It had declared itself to be The Dark, and the thing that had brought her here had told her to show him the ring. So she held her right hand before her as she stepped forward. As she speaks, her wings glow with radiance, swelling with her clear, loud, and strong voice.

You are the one who calls itself "The Dark"? My name is Nadia, Duchess of the House of Vorns, Ward to the House of D'Aritel. This ring was given to me by the Lady Alice, of the House of D'Aritel. I may not know all of its secrets, but I know that it is a tool of the Light, and that Astrok'Ru told me to show it to you. So, what interest does a creature that affiliates itself with darkness and shadows have in a true relic of the light?

Desril
2015-05-16, 09:25 PM
Eris

When Nadia sends telepathic message, Eris warns her, Be careful. I don't want to lose you after we've come so far. Another voice, very similar, but in telepathy the tone is different enough to mark it as someone else's, Oh, taking charge of the situation? I hope it works out, we'll have to work out a special reward for you now.

Not wanting to interfere, or overplay her hand, Eris step to the side to allow Nadia to take charge of the conversation for the time being, ready to step in in case she pushes too far.

Mornings
2015-05-16, 10:02 PM
The Stranger

The old man sat back down, as if his interest was quickly diminishing, or he was hastily becoming bored. " It's just Dark... if ya' must call me somehin'... Maybe ya' need teh' clean out dem' ears a' yours. Said it before. So i'll say it again... Death... and Life. I deal in both. Yeah' I knows' a Lifeweaver's sign when I sees' et'... But what of it? Got no interest in hounds that can't think fer' their own'. Ya' no Lifeweaver. Ya' no nuthin'. Ya' dun' know how teh' Weave... Ya' dun know how teh' gather. Dun' got no time teh waste on a' hound. Come cuz' The Devil says so. Bark cuz' The Lady tells ya'... Sad day... Sad day. But I aint' here to judge. If you've business, den' start barkin'."

He gestures over at the Magister, " ...And what 'bout you? You done too? If ya'll wantin' teh' be gittin' along', I'll take my payment, and ya' can be on ya' ways'."

Vhaidara
2015-05-16, 10:12 PM

Nadia bristles.
I am no dog. No more than you. I simply have less experience in these matters. Is it wrong that, being new to such things, I take whatever advice I can? Would you not do the same, were you in my situation?
She grins wickedly.
You seem to have no affection for the Devil or the Lady. Would it not be to your advantage to help me to learn where they refused? What would it cost you? And the reward would be a debt owed by me. I intend to grow strong here.
Her smile becomes almost a little wistful.
It was an old negotiation trick that my father taught me. When you have the chance to make an alliance that costs you nothing, there is no reason to pass up the chance for profit.

Desril
2015-05-16, 10:19 PM
Eris

Realizing that the situation is quickly turning against them, Eris was about to step back in. And then Nadia recovered, "Well played. But I'm not sure this one needs allies."

After Dark turns his attention back to her, Eris continues.

"Actually, Dark, I was curious. Though our deal for passage is already struck, the petals, the Renor'anon, I wanted to know why you wanted them. And I was curious. If we didn't need to spend it for passage, what could we have used it to gain? You say you deal in life and death, but what is life? Even death, which may seem simple isn't always something obvious."

Mornings
2015-05-16, 10:57 PM
The Stranger

He glanced sidelong at the noble-women with his palm in his chin, still somewhat listening. "...I dun' deal in words. There's no allies. There's no friends... There's only Business. Life. Death. And Chance... You aint gonna last long like dat' kiddo'. Words carry a weight, when they got some meanin'. If ya not a hound, dunno' what ya' are. Cuz people... men, women, kids... all dem'. They dare to question. Dare teh' think. Dare teh' ask that question; 'why?'. Hounds dun' ask. Dun need to. Loyal, to a fault. And I do love hounds'. But dun got no business wif' 'em either. Devil says flash some shinies in-front of an ol' man... and ya' dun even know why. " She shakes his head as if in disappointment. " That won't do kiddo. That wont do. "

He listened to the magister. "Take 'et, ya' dun' know what ya tradin' then. Makes meh' wonder how ya' came across em'. Bleakness aint' physical. The Renor are. It's Death. It's energy. It's Life. It's a perfect balance. Valuable, more then ya' know.. most apparent. The Renor can make things. Build things, Shape things. Restore things. Destroy em too. Magical little bits, hard to come by. Perfect in my trade.... Ya' question doh'. Dat's valid.... I mean what I say. I trade for Death, the forces of, and pertaining to. And Life, just the same. Gather the light, the life, and souls into what's mighty similar to dem' Renor. But ya' need The Blessing first to make such. Death, and Life... now that's worth any man's time. But I deal in Chance and Coin to, on the side. Wagers kill da' time. Coin don't go far, but i'll take it just the same... If ya want teh see what I gots, come on over. Or if you've had your fill, you can be gittin' along."

Desril
2015-05-16, 11:04 PM
Eris

Never one to turn down the chance for more power, she glances to Nadia before making her way toward Dark. "In that case, please, tell me what you can offer. Perhaps I have something to trade that you'll find worthwhile...or perhaps we can play a game that interests the both of us. But it's hardly fair to barter or gamble when I don't know the prize or the wager, is it?" Pausing briefly, she continues, "And I'm curious. How can the Renor be used like that? Is there some sort of trick to it? How are they made?"

Vhaidara
2015-05-17, 12:24 PM

Nadia's voice is sharp as she retorts angrily
Very well. Then I shall ask. What is this ring? Why did Astrok think it would interest you?
She laughs
And of course, whatever answer you give, I cannot trust, because as you said, you will give, at best, half truths, if that. This is why I haven't bother asking questions. What is the point when I can't believe any answer given? Better to be ignorant than misinformed completely.

Mornings
2015-05-17, 03:07 PM
The Stranger: Dark

The old man nodded at the noble's question, as if her tone was completely missed. " There ya' go, Kiddo. Now ya' learnin' " He nods at the Magister as she approaches, before looking back at the noble. " Kiddo, it ain't about what's true. What's half true. And what's a' stinkin' pile'a bull. Da' one truth, damn only truth, is there aint' no full-truths, an' no honest-man who knows what he talkin' gonna' claim otherwise. I aint' tellin' ya' teh' believe. Aint' tellin' ya' there's always gonna be one answer. There aint' many absolutes in dis' world, kiddo. Not many at all. Da' point is, if ya' plannin' on doin' what I think ya' plannin'... Is dare teh' question. Dare teh' ask. Last truth, of any truth, when that ol' bell goes off, and the lil'-lass comes teh' take ya'. The truth, is what ya' made of it. What worked. What got ya' where ya' goin'. Nothin' always gonna be right. Nothin' gonna last forever. But if ya' plan of bringin' down dis' ol' Legacy. Ya' head's not thinkin' right, but ya' heart is." The old shadow of a man pulled the smoldering black cigar from his mouth, a small black flame coming from his other hand, lighting it. Siviri didn't tell ya' teh' come teh' waste ya'll's time. That's fer-damn-sure. Can count on dat'. Mhm. He told ya to bring that-there ring teh' meh', because. Once he knew a man, a man that created the Life-Weave. Once he knew a man, that created the Death-Weave. Once I knew 'em too. Long time ago, before da' first star of ya' existence even flickered up. That man died though... Died good. Died well. Protectin' da' people he loved, the people he hated. Every soul of his damn' lil' world. His sacrifice saved em'. Saved em' all. Some chose teh' pick up his way, to carry dat' light he had to other worlds. Other places. Hoped dat' that light might preserve em' too. Might save dem' worlds, past savin'. Da' one who gave ya' that. One who passed it on over to ya'. Probably from an ol' family, eh? Probably from some place ya' never been too, eh? Probably came out, as if from no where, leavin' their mark. Now, if I was a bettin' man... which I am. I'd say ol' D'Aritel is more then ya' think. Comin' from some place not their. Comin' teh' save ya'... bring ya' out, spread that ol' light one more time." He took a long draft, and blew a sweet smelling cloud of smoke over to the Magister. It was a pleasant scent, like burning incense. " Now ya' here. Ya' didn't bother askin' no one along da' way, but ya' still here. Coulda' asked dem' ya' trusted. But ya' didn't. Coulda asked dem' folks up-stairs, but ya' didn't. Could asked The Devil, dat' can't lie... But ya' didn't.... and now ya' askin' me. Funny how that goes, eh? There aint' no sides. I aint' gonna claim what was true is true. I aint gonna claim I got any truth for ya'. But I'll tell ya why ol' Siviri told ya' teh' come... It's cuz ya' got more kick in ya' then ya' know. Ya strong, kiddo. But ya' dun' know how teh use it. Ya' shine, but ya' can't see it. Ya' blind, because ya' dun' question. But ya' ask da' right questions too late..." He pat the open space on the bench next to him. " Take a seat, Kiddo. Lemme' tell ya' a lil' story..." A dark mist surrounded Nadia. Darkness. She found herself next to the tall old man sitting upon the bench. He turned back towards the Magister. " I like ya' kid. Ya' sharp'. Both of ya' cept' da' old Fel... He never made it far. Never saw much. Always spent too much on too little. Never asked the right question. Never bothered teh ask what's the right question... But you? Ya' sharp. Heads' in da' right place. Ya gonna have teh' watch out for Kiddo 'er' tho'. She aint gonna last long like dis' if ya planning on bringin' this whole thing down...But I gots' many wares. More then ya' can count' I trade in Death. Life... and Chance. It's not so much what I can offer, it's what I can't. But if I can't get somethin' ya want. I'll get ya to someone who can. Cuz' I'm good kid. Damn good. " He took out a block of emerald stone from a dark pocket, and placed it on the table. Sides were covered in crescent moons and full suns, roughly carved into its surface. " This one is on me. First toss is always free. You can take a roll on the die if you want to play by chance. Or, we can talk other business. Nothin' aint' for sale. Nothin'. You just gotta have the right kind of currency... if ya catch my meanin'. I deal on terms. If ya wanna play. We'll play by the terms we strike. All's fair that's called fair, am-I-right? Hehe. If ya wanna keep on keepin'-on though, we can play that game too... Watch ya words. Ask the right questions, and ya' might get ahead. " He tilted his hat with a bit of a smile, taking another draft of his cigar. " I offer more den' that tho'... " He ran his hand over the two stones. The two fist-sized stones glowed with strange sigils. They were nothing like the Magister had seen before. One glowed Red, one glowed Green. " These are The DarkStones.... Red's for Death..." He took another smoke. " Green is Life... Don't get it twisted tho' It's not what ya' get. It's what ya take. Make a pact with the stones, and you can harvest that essensce fer' meh' and bring it back to this here place. Death and Life.... Deal with Death, and kill the unliving. Harvest that which makes em' tick. Make a pact with Life... ya' harvest the energy of the livin'... The goodly folk. The living things. Take their lives, n' turn it into energy... Dark stuff. Could make a Pact with both, but not always the best choice. Pends how much trouble ya' can take. How much abuse ya' can stand. Not easy walkin' the line... Not easy at all." He lifted a hand and snapped his fingers. The Renor she traded appeared on the table. And bright pale lights appeared behind them. Many mirrors of light circling the far wall. " That's what ya paid for. So now ya got it. You got a number of choices. But really only one. Take the left-most Gate to Cathedral Ruin. There you'll meet The Keeper. He'll take ya' in. Set ya' straight. Get ya' on the right path. The rest... heh. Well that's my gift to you... Chance. Freedom. They ain't all good places. Some places, even men like me fear. Some places. There ain't no light. No hope. Some places... well... heh. You take ya' shot, and hope ya' aimin' true. Aint' no second chances. " He nodded affirmingly as if to his own words. Finally getting around to answering her previous question. " There aint' many who can use dem' flowers like dat'. Only those who walk da' line, and master both can hope teh' control that force. Can hope to understand it. Spend it. Use it. There can't be no conflict in ya heart. No question in ya' soul. Ya know what ya know, and know ya know nuthin'. That's where ya start. I'm ya' man, because, I fit the bill. I'm Dark... but not the first. There ain't no trick kid. Find Dark, find me, find em', and you'll have ya man for da' job. Not an easy job. But that's why I'm still around... He-he. As for them' Blacks.. Dem' Renor. That's what it mean's by-the-by. Black, or Blacks if ya' speakin' like me. It's a language, not just some made up hala'baloo'. They are made by ya' friend. The Sly Devil, Siviri... or as ya' call him. Astrok'Ru. Gave him da' name myself, haha. When that lass broke him, and took his damn name too... mighty nasty girl. Damn... Stealin' a man's name. That's just a low blow, if ya ask meh'... Anyways, he found some way teh' make the things. Not a simple process either. How he does it, I dunno. Dun' wanna know either. Dark stuff... mighty dark stuff. " He looked over to his side again. " ..And you Kiddo. If ya wanna be a Weaver. Ya gotta decide. Death or Life. Make a pact with a stone, and you'll be as ya choose teh' be. That's all I can give ya', and the chance to decide fer' ya' self. " He leaned back in his bench putting his back to the wall. " The Keeper can get ya back here if ya sweet talk 'em. The Son of Night can get ya back here if ya short on choices... Or ya can make a pact with a Stone. And ya' can come when ya choose. Don't decide lightly though. It aint' easy reversing a Pact once made.... So kid. What ya want? Everything's fer' sale... Everything."

Vhaidara
2015-05-17, 04:47 PM

Nadia considers for a moment.
How binding are these pacts? There are two sides to most pacts. If I were to, for example, bind myself to the Death Pact, would I grow weaker if I went for extended periods of time without gathering the energy of undeath? Or would I simply not grow stronger? Is it the commitment of an oath, where I have a duty to give and service beyond that is further rewarded, or that of a bounty, where there is no requirement, but reward for fulfillment?

Mornings
2015-05-17, 05:47 PM

The old man chuckled and nodded at the question. " You're starting to learn Kiddo. A fair question. But ya' see... It's the right question... to the wrong man. I dunno'. Simply... could say, I gots no idea. The stones are just a Junction. A point where the forces that they're bound to meet, and commune with those seekin' em. If you strike a Pact with Death. You answer to da' lil' lady herself. The terms... Dunno. The price? Dunno. Strike a Pact with Life, and ya' answer to him... He's nutty. Can't guess 'bout him. Unpredictable. Terrible. Problem is... if ya answer to em both... they dun see eye-teh-eye, if ya know what I mean. Leads teh'.... conflict. They might be joined, might be together... but just like any couple. Da' dream ends with the honeymoon, if ya catch what i'm sayin'. " He turned to her. " The Pact aint' with meh'. Me? I just offer choice, chance, and opportunity. The Pact is with dem' the terms? With dem. But know well... you touch that there stone, by ya' own will, and you aint' commin' back til the deed is done. Show em da' ring. They'll know... But if ya' gonna rise up and be a Weaver... best get dat' head a' yours in the right place. This aint' no game. They dun' play like I do. You dun' needa' decide now. Ya got all the time... too much time. Well... time enough. Until Rain comes... Then ya' clock starts tickin'... and ya' best start movin'... But til' then. Ya' got all da' time ya' need. So think hard. Ya got the gift Kiddo. It's in ya. But now ya' gotta decide what teh' do with it. " He nods to himself " Mhm... ya' got it. Now ya, just gotta figure what ya gonna be. Who ya' gonna be. But their aint' no rush. Not yet. Your Chapter has yet teh' even begin... Not til ya' step-off through that Gate anyways. Heh. "

Vhaidara
2015-05-17, 06:07 PM

The woman looks pensive.
So, does touching the stone commit me to the pact, or does it simply take me to speak to the one I would be forming the pact with? I wish to learn more of the terms before committing myself. If it would commit me by touching the stone, do you know of how I could find and speak with these two on more...equal terms? I feel equal isn't the right word, but it is the closest I can think of.

Mornings
2015-05-17, 06:19 PM

He shakes his head. " Ya' never will be on equal terms with Death or Life, or even Time. They're what they be. And no one can change that. Ya touch the stone by ya own will, meaningfully. And the Pact is struck. The terms of which will be given, by em'... If ya good with words. I might say 'negotiate'. But... Hard to reason wif' them. If ya' know what I mean. It's a tough sell. It's a hard call. I aint' gonna call it what it aint'. They might take a piece of ya' an' wrap it around their finger. Some bit' ya' can't get back. I've seen it... They leave. They come back. Never the same... changed. But can't tell what... Just like, something was taken and replaced. But you? Ya' a Weaver. There hasn't been one of dem' 'round in a long time... They gonna try and butter ya' up. Gonna try and make you loyal. Gonna try teh' make ya' a hound... Remember what I said. Never be a hound... Dare teh' question. Dare teh' think. This world. All worlds are cruel in der' own right. You need to build dat' truth for ya' self. So dun take it lightly. It aint' gonna be easy, but ya got it in ya, Kiddo."

Vhaidara
2015-05-17, 07:29 PM

Nadia seems to hesitate for a moment, when something strikes her. She begins to laugh.
Aren't you in the process of making me your own hound? A hound with a good deal of freedom, but a hound nonetheless.
She smiles at the Dark.
You may be a tricky old creature, but you seem to have been honest with me. I will remember that, when the time comes. Thank you.
As she reaches for the red stone, she catches a glimpse of Eris out of the corner of her eye, reaching towards the green. with a swift motion, she places Ankyron between the Magister and the stone.
No. You have sacrificed enough. This time, I will be the one who risks her life.
Her voice is hard as steel, without a hint of hesitation. Still holding Ankyron in a ready position, she reaches out with her free hand, the hand bearing the Lifeweaver's signet, and touches the red stone of Death.

Mornings
2015-05-18, 04:11 AM

His hand, snapped out catching the noble's wrist. His fingers were not pale and deathly, no longer wrapped in shadow. It was the hand of a man, a dark mist surrounding his arm, as if he pressed through some boundary within the world. One hand reaching out to theirs. " WHOA! Easy there Kiddo. I git' how ya' feelin'. Ya want that strength teh' help shoulder da' burden. But ya' head still aint' in the right... not yet'. You aint' no hound'a mine, firstly. An' second... You touch dat' stone. You locked in. Tied in. You go in, wif' dat' head of yours' still in da' dirt, and the lil' miss sunshine gonna take more then alittle from ya'. She gonna take ya' for all ya' got. Make ya' bark and beg." He pushed her hand away from the stone. " Ya' got the gift Kiddo. Mebbe one of da' few left dat' got it. So, you go in. Lil' miss, aint' gonna let ya go. She'll take ya. She'll drag ya under. She'll kill ya'... And i'll see'ya back here. She'll do all dat' and extra to hold on ya'. Teh' sink her lil' nails right in ya'. There aint' been no Weavers in a long-long time... You got all the cards, but ya' dun' know how teh' play yet. Ya' can't loose, but ya' can't win. Dun be goin' in just yet, Kiddo. Not before ya' get ya' head right. Death aint' like me. She'll make ya' think a games' a' game. But it aint' no damn game. She'll twist ya', make ya' her's... and I dunno what ya'll be when ya' come-on-back. She aint' gonna let ya' back-out ya' Pact, cuz' you aint' like dem'. She'll do all she can teh' stop ya'. Teh' hold ya' tight'. Cuz now, it's in ya' changin' ya'. Growin', and it's bound to ya' soul. Ya' can't loose it. Ya' can't trade it.... They might give ya' what ya' want, but ya' gotta know what ya' need, and what ya' playin' with." His hand turned back to the pale ghastly form again, taking a draw of the cigar. " Like I said... ya' got time. Time enough. Time teh' learn how teh' play the game. Teh' live in the world ya' goin'. It aint' gonna be easy. And, strength is never enough. Never will. Never was. " He tapped the side of his head. " Da' game is won, before it's begun'. Remember dat'. Mhm... Remember dat'." The gesture was familiar, though the words were different.

Vhaidara
2015-05-18, 05:23 AM

Nadia turns back to the Dark.
So, why do you care? What is your interest in all of this? I hope you can understand that your honest and concern, with no apparent motive, make me even more suspicious of your actions.

Mornings
2015-05-18, 07:02 AM

The old man raised a brow. " Kiddo, it aint' ya' that's teh' care for. I tilt da' scales. I rearrange em'. But I keep The Balance. Ya' got what they need teh' change dat'. Teh' break The Balance. Break dat'. You gonna' be hurt. Break dat', and The Watcher's come lookin'. Break that. Slayers come huntin'. Break dat'... heh, and I pray ya' run quick and light. Cuz when bolts start comin', and The Order is off huntin'. There aint' no goin' back. Ya' change more then ya' know" He tosses the cigar butt to the side, it vaporized into mist. He drew out a new cigar and lit it with his hand. "Concern, aint' fer' ya'. Ya' got ya' head in da' dirt. Can't see. Can't see a damn thing. It aint' 'bout you. Aint' about me. Ya' got all the cards. All the choices. But ya' dun know da' scale ya' playin' with. Dun know ya' already on stage Kiddo. Ya' choices gonna write this-here Chapter's beginning. Gonna write it's end too, I reckon. If this wasn't the eleventh, then I'd say it's no concern'a mine. But ya' did good makin' it as far as ya' did. Ya' set things right. But if ya' throw it all side-ways cuz' ya' still in wonderland. Ya' gonna git' more then ya' bargained for. Aint no one wanna be on the wrong side of da' Slayers. That's how ya' get dead. Git' dead, quick too. But they dun' care." He took a long draft. " They dun' care 'bout The Balance. They dun' care 'bout nothin' cept' their own ends. Can't blame 'em either. If I was livin' above da' law, I wouldn't give a damn either. But I aint', and you aint' either. So you get ya' self together. Ya pull it together, and think hard. Think long too. Ya' too busy thinkin' so small, ya' dun' know what ya' runnin' to. Games' are all fine n' dandy. But they dun' play no games. Mhm. No games at all. They play with what'll be. What might be. What they touch. They throw it all off and mix it up... There aint' been no Weavers, cuz' they all got killed off, with that man who sacrificed it all, that man I knew once.... It's hard to walk the line. You keep goin' like ya' goin'. Ya' gonna end up like all da' other Weavers. "

Vhaidara
2015-05-18, 07:18 AM

I think I get it. You aren't telling me these things to protect me, but more to spite the others. Is that a fair assessment?
She sighs.
So much that I don't know...who and what were the weavers? What does the term mean, in this context? I'm assuming they didn't just sew clothes. Who are the Watchers? Who are the Slayers? What is the balance between? Good and evil? Life and death? Light and dark?

Mornings
2015-05-18, 09:55 AM

The old man had a short laugh, " What now? ...To spite Death? In spite of Life? Kiddo. Even I dunno where ya' pull some of dis' from. I aint' tellin' ya' this outa' da' kindness of my dry-ol'-heart. I'm tellin' ya' this, cuz I'm a bettin' man, and da' wagers are in. Da' chips are down. But da' cards are still up. " He took a long draft of his cigar. " ...Of course. Dat' aint' the whole truth. But, it's most of it. " He nods at her questions, " Yeah, now ya' askin' da' right questions, to da' right man. Questions dat' need knowin'. Questions ya' gonna need teh' weigh-in on.... There aint' no short answer. Their aint' nothin' but a story, parts I know, some parts I don't. But I'll give ya' what I gots, cuz talk is free, an' I da' stakes are high. " He tilted his hat down as he learned against the wall, partially covering his features. " ...Never much liked loosing wagers either. I play teh' win. Mhm. By the way... da' dame over their still flat on 'er back. Aint' lookin' too good."

Koriah stood with her back against the wall, listening quietly. She looked over to Jeska, still laid-out upon the stone. She sighed. She didn't know what to make of this place, and all the talk. She didn't like this cavernous chamber. She didn't like this weird talk. She didn't like this 'Dark' person. " Hey handsome, you said last door on the left to get out of this place right? " He nodded over to here " Mhm... Last on the left." She pushed off the wall. " Well then, It was a pleasure... You ladies enjoy... whatever the heck this is. I'll cya' on the other side." She walked to the last mirror of light on the left. An image of a strange ruinous cathedral played out upon its surface briefly. She stepped through. " Heh, can't say that wasn't a smart choice. Best to get ahead. But better still teh' have answers, eh?" He crossed his leg over the other.

" Ya' askin' the right questions now. But I'll tell ya' with what's' more important first. The Balance. Ya' can't' see it', but it's' der'. Can't touch it, but it'll reach out and grab ya'. This place... All places once ya' leave The Wake. It's all tied together. Neatly. With an order. With a purpose. The Balance is just that. The lines, the strings that tie what ya' might call existence all together. Makes it make sense, see? It aint' about livin' and dyin'. It aint' about what's good or bad. It's about The Cycle. What makes the clock tick. Tick-down, to the count-down. A Legacy is all ya' know, all ya' might call, the probability, or possibility, in perfect union, creatin', buildin', destroyin', renewin'. But it aint' endless. Ya' driftin' further away with each tick of da' clock, see? But da clock will keep on, keepin'-on, for a long time, if The Balance is kept. The Generation... The Chosen... Dat's you ladies, by the way... and afew others. You little ladies have the chance to make it right. To set it all straight. If ya' tip The Balance, that strands and scale that lets that-ol' clock keep tickin'. Ya' speed it up. Ya' skip-up. Ya' bring The End, closer.... And no one gonna' feel too generous if ya' start that mess. Mhm... Make some enemies mighty quick." He took a short draft. This scent smelled much sweeter then the previous, like a cloud of sugar. " The Watchers. Well.... They oversee da' Legacy. Ya' met Lights upstairs. Ya' met lil' Marren too. But she dun' exist no more. Long gone. Mhm. Out their, where you're headed. She's The Watcher of the West. Four Watchers, beneath the Light. They mend the Legacy. Mend The Balance. Keep it in check til all ten have passed. But that's other business. You keep The Balance, you stay in their grace. You tip the scale, and they'll turn on ya' quick. The Order, listens through The Speakers, but obeys the demands of The Watchers. You push too far.... The Slayers come. And when you see one of dem' ol' Reds'. You best start runnin' and runnin' hard. The Slayers, are exactly what they sound like. Butchers. Killers. Destroyers. They remove the taint from the Legacy. They are loyal to The Lord, The Dreamer. But follow the command of their Speakers. They are preserved. Restored and strengthened by The Watchers. They are their blades... they hunt, tirelessly. They dun rest. They dun eat... nor age. They dun 'die', like men. They dun 'live' like men. They stand... Scions of The Order. Bringers of The Balance. When they come.... if they come for you... you run. Run hard... Cuz they'll chase ya'. Chase ya' 'cross worlds... Across Lines. Across realities, bathed in flame. With their red coats and cold eyes. Silver in hand... They won't show you no tears. No mercy. They aint' men no more. But if ya' got'... if they haven't put a bolt through ya' face already. Demand trail before The Order... might save ya' life one day.

He sighed. " The Weavers though.... eh. That's another story all together. Mhm. We could talk bout all dat', but I think da' Kid here still wants teh' do some business... But da' Weavers dun' sew ol' textiles to make some fine pants. They sew the threads of Life... and, Death. Fabricating forces, long-long dead and forgotten. Once they created things... they created The Lines. The World Lines. Long ago.... But when The Chain broke. That was lost. Or so I heard. Of course... That's not the whole truth. But that's most of it..."

Mornings
2015-05-18, 09:59 AM
*** Koriah Has Left The Game

Desril
2015-05-18, 10:39 AM
Eris

Fascinated by all this information, the Magister does her best to process all of it, debating what to do in silence and leaving the questioning to the Lieutenant, glad that she seems to be learning from the experience, even if she jumps ahead to a few conclusions without enough information. It isn't until Dark offers up the power of Life and Death that she instinctively steps forward, her hand outstretched for the stone of Life that she finally steps in again, only to be pushed aside by Nadia's blade and halted by her words.

Tempted still, to reach the stone, Eris is only stopped properly by remembering Astrok'Ru's words Don't play until after I've won...As much as I want this...not yet, not now. We can wait.

Nodding to Nadia, Eris steps back, "I've sacrificed some, but it was still all my choice. You don't owe me for that. But very well, I won't stop you here." Telepathically, she adds, "Just be careful. It might be better for us both to be patient. Haste makes tragedy.

As their conversation continues, the twin-souled succubus watches, listen, and waits, trying to figure out how best to handle this situation even as she gathered more information. I still need more...if only I knew what else he had to offer...still, maybe from what I've seen...Unless!

...That might work.

Suddely overcome by an idea, the Magister speaks up for the first time in a while, "You know, as interesting and helpful as all your answers have been, Dark, I can't help but wonder if perhaps you might be more interested in a wager. A game of your choosing, and I will wager something very precious from our world, something priceless that men would gladly die for and even gods desire. 'Tis a hefty wager though, so it is only right that you wager something of equal value; Should I win, you will answer 5 questions with the complete and whole truth, explaining anything to us that might be misleading and give the three of us who remain here a boon. Something to strengthen us, free of charge or drawback. A bargain, is it not? So, do we have ourselves a game?"

Mornings
2015-05-18, 11:48 AM
The Stranger: Dark - The Deepest Dark

At the Magister's last word, he gave a loud resounding single clap. Darkness.

The supernatural shade of the place had returned. The portals of light leading out of the place, diminished, or simply became shrouded. The table they sat at now stood below the single hanging light. A mighty grin upon his face. He waved a hand above the table. The two stones, and the block that was the emerald die, vanishing. " Any game of my choosing, eh? Fer' somethin'-somethin', someone else wants... An' 5 questions, an' my blessing to teh each of ya? Heh... heheh... Hahaha!" He started laughing, cackling. " I like you Kid. I'll match ya wager. I'll offer ya' somethin'-somethin', some important people want. But i'll counter ya' stakes too. Ya' want 5 Answers to remember? I'll take 5 Memories, from each of ya'. Ya' want my blessing? I'll give ya'all a curse. As bright as a blessing, but darker then Night...." He reached within his dark cloak of bleakness. Taking out a strange stone. It looked like a well-cut gem, with silver streams of light within it. He placed it on the table. He looked at each of em' "Oh, I'll accept ya' challenge. But if ya' wanna' play Kid. You speak for all of em'.... But I like you kid. So I'll give ya' this chance teh' withdraw ya' challenge. Step down. Back out... and we can talk other business. " He cracked his fingers with one hand. " I dun' like teh' loose, if ya' know what I mean... So I'll ask ya' instead...." There was a wide, malicious grin on his face. Something sinister, something black and cruel in his demeanor. "...Do we have ourselves a game?"

Desril
2015-05-18, 12:05 PM
Eris

As Dark takes on a different demeanor and makes his counter offer, Eris glances back toward Nadia and Jeska before bowing, "I'm afraid I must decline, lest you consent to my initial wager. Their fate and memories are not mine to wager. Perhaps another time? If you could grant me the ability to return to this place at will, it would be much easier to play in the future, when I'm better positioned to make the game itself more entertaining."

Pausing, she smiles. "But there's no reason we cannot discuss hypotheticals, is there? I'm curious; What games entertain you, Dark? What would you have taken, should we have lost? What would the blessing you gifted us have been should you prove victorious?"

Mornings
2015-05-18, 12:55 PM

With a snap of his fingers. The chamber was restored. The seven pale windows of light visible again, the light restored to the room. The table, back in its corner. " Heh. Firstly kid. There was no loosin' dat'. Mhm. Second, ya' dun' challenge a man teh 'any game'. Dats a mighty fine way teh' start on da' wrong foot, when ya' dun' even know where ya' are. But ya' smart kid. Can't blame ya' fer' tryin', but ya' can do better then dat'. You can save the kid-stuff for Siviri. He doesn't play to win. I like most games, like 'em, like playin' 'em. But da' game's gotta match the stakes... And the stakes gotta match the terms. So da' game's gotta match em' both. " He smirks. "...What would I have taken? What would I have given? Heh. Exactly as I said. 5 Memories from each, against 5 Answers. A curse upon each, for my blessing upon each. Equal terms. Equal wager. But if ya' gonna take somethin' from somebody. Gotta make it count, right? Gotta take that thing they can't let go. Gotta make em keep playin' teh' get it back. Make em' keep loosin'... Break em', an' take it all... hehe" He takes a draft of his cigar. blow out another cloud of sweet smoke. "...All 'hypothetical's, of course. Heh. " He leans back in his bench again with his back to the wall. The atmosphere noticeably different then before. " So what'cha got fer me kid. Ya' aint' still here cuz ya' broke. Ya' aint' makin' these wager's without the right kinda 'currency'... so what'cha need? Cuz' I got it." His nonchalant attitude was a stark contrast from only moments before. It was like a different man spoke now. A business-man, but still a man. The sinister visage etched into his features, long diminished.

Desril
2015-05-18, 01:00 PM
Eris

At Dark's words she nods in understanding. "What we need is everything. Knowledge, power to act on that knowledge, allies to watch our backs. But they are all vague, and come in many forms, so I cannot ask for what we need specifically without knowing precisely what you have to offer." She grins, "I don't suppose you've ever written up a catalogue?"

Mornings
2015-05-18, 01:13 PM

He sat back for a moment as if thinking. The cogs in his mind turning as he chuckled lightly. " A catalog, eh? I deal in the seen, and unseen. Deal in Life, Death, and Chance. But what I gots is what I gots. What ya, need is what I have. But knowledge... real knowledge, well that aint' cheap, ya'see? I'm not gonna tell ya' what ya' need. What I can offer. I'll let ya play the game, like everyone else, and you can tell me what ya' need, when ya' know what needs-needin'. But until then... ya' dance the puppet's dance. He crossed his arms for a moment. " Heh... But ya'know what? Why not. I like ya' kid. Ya' got spunk. Ya' head's in the right place. " He slid out a strange 6 inch black crystalline rod. He rolled it across the table to the Magister. " That's a 1 time ticket back, and out again. Crack it and speak Quortek Zeklet'tau and ya' can return. Ya' can bring some friends too... assumin' they can walk in The Wake, an' all. When you got something ya want, ya can come-on back, and we can talk business."

Vhaidara
2015-05-18, 05:00 PM

Restraining herself from screaming at the idiot Magister mentally, Nadia quickly regains her composure.
What can you tell me of Death and Life? What do you suspect they will want me to do? Have you ever dealt with them, and if so, do you have any advice for doing so?

Mornings
2015-05-18, 05:19 PM

He nods his head, leaning back. " Ye' I dealt wif' em'. Death is wiser then she'll let on... She's sharp. She's deceptively cunning. She's calculating... always runnin' the numbers.. She'll take and take and giv' nothin' back if ya' let her have her way. Don't let her walk all on ya', dun' be a hound. She'll dance around ya', try teh' make ya' get the warm fuzzy-feelin' that ya' walkin' the right way, when ya' walkin' off a cliff. It ain't that she can't be trusted, it ain't that she 'bad', but if ya' ain't got ya' head on straight, she'll twist ya' all sorts'a ways teh' make ya' best fit her designs. Dun' be a tool Kiddo. Ya' can do better then dat'." He took a breath. Pausing. " Eh.... Life? He's a little-ol'-spring-stepin-psychopathic-unpredictable-whirlwind'a-razors-in-a-can. That lil' bastard, hell. Even I dunno what ticks in dat' head if his. He spontaneous. He needs like teh' make life. And he spends it carelessly and without thought, bringin' all sorts'a nonsense into bein'. Like throwin' out gold in a raining street at midnight. No one watchin' no one awake. He dancin' in the pourin' rain, throwin' what people die teh' take. Even I dunno what to expect in Life's Wake. Heh." He waved his hand above the table again. The stones appearing once more. " But if ya mind's made up. Choose. Touch a stone, and the Pact is done. But the term's... well. You'll need to talk to them bout' that. You'll leave The Warren, and step on their own ground. Mind ya' tongue. There aint' only one Wake. And they write the rules where they dwell. No one, and nothin' aint' gonna tango with 'em in their own Wake. Mhm. No'how-No'way. Not even this old stranger...heh. Pick ya poison Kiddo, and try teh come back with ya' head still on, good-and-tight"

Vhaidara
2015-05-18, 05:35 PM

Nadia takes a deep breath, and lets it out slowly. She reaches for the red stone of Death once more.

Mornings
2015-05-18, 06:05 PM
Death's Wake

As her hand touched the stone. Her body faded away into pale smoke. Then she was gone. The last words of the stranger, Dark ringing in her ears. " Fare-well, Kiddo..."

*** Nadia has Left the Game

Desril
2015-05-18, 08:39 PM
Eris

As Nadia reaches for the stone, both Eris and Kestal send her a brief telepathic message. "Be careful, don't get yourself killed," the first says with concern. "You'd better come back to us. We're not through with you yet," the latter adds earnestly and as a promise.

Turning her attention from Dark to Jeska, Eris begins walking to her other comrade's body as she speaks to Dark. "I don't suppose you feel like letting me know where...and when...she'll reappear?" Thinking, "Or have any advice you're willing to give me before we make our exit for the time being?"

Mornings
2015-05-18, 09:09 PM

He shrugged, " Heh, the dame. She'll need teh' come back I reckon. The fall in, might'a knocked her out, but If i was a bettin' man, which I am, I'd say she probably has business too. Mebbe bring her back around, on ya' next visit. Say 'hi' to The Keeper fer' meh', eh? Haha. Oh... And when ya' see ya' big brother on da' otherside. Tell that leather-neck bastard, he left one'a his damn swords around. Tell him, da' damn thing still bright like sunshine-and-rain."
He waved. " I'll cya again kid. One way, or another. Of dat' i'm sure. Heh."

Desril
2015-05-18, 10:02 PM
Eris

Nodding, the nude succubus makes her way over to Jeska, pondering how she's going to get the knight out of here. Wait, leave this to me. Ever since we came here things felt different. I think we're physically stronger when I'm in control.

Alright, just don't strip her or anything.

Kestal'Fel

It's not nearly as difficult for Kestal to prop Jeska up as it would've been for Eris to even get her to move in that armor, but the succubus can't resist the temptation to deeply kiss unconscious the ex-Maiden before pulling her to her feet properly and making their way toward the same portal that Koriah used. "We'll be back, I promise. Though I do hope that our next visit is more profitable and entertaining," she grins, "for both of us."

"But as for your messages," she says while shoving Jeska through the gate, "What messenger works for free? We'll be happy to play with you in the future, but if we're going to be doing favors, shouldn't there be a fair exchange? I do a small favor for you, and you do one in return."

Mornings
2015-05-19, 10:33 AM

If he wasn't apparently blind, he'd have looked to be eyeing her inquisitively. " Heh. So you're da' other one eh'? One does the talkin' one does the walkin', eh? Not to bad, if ya' can keep it all together. But ya' got it twisted, sweet-cheeks. You aint' playin' messenger. Ya' doin' ya' self a favor. For ya' see. Ya' ol' Momma' woke up, and took ya' brother's light. The Son of the Morning, dun' shine no more'. She changed da' game. Twisted it around. And dem' black wings aint' gonna change what's commin', and commin' fast. " He took a long draft of his cigar, pausing. "She aint' gonna stand by dis' time. No. I reckon, she's gonna bring it all crashing down on ya', with that burnin' fury, that rages like somethin' fierce. Ya' got all da' time, teh play with me. But no time, once ya' get on through that gate. Mhm." He smirked strangely, as if he made a joke only he understood. "...So do ya' self'a' favor Sweetie, and do ya' self this favor. One made a' honest mistake. One stepped off into the right-path. And one, well... Even she dun know yet. But ya' all gonna pay. Gonna pay da' hard way. And ya'll be back, better sooner den' later. Cuz ya' ol' Momma gonna come down and put it all teh' ruin. They aint' gonna take kindly to dat'. But ya' still'll get dragged right on in it. " He took out his cigar, and tapped the side of his head. " Heh. Remember what I said to the Kid, and ya'll do alright. But step to fast. Step to slow, or just forget to keep on movin', and ya' gonna get pinned down. Win, before ya' start. Dun play, if ya' aint' won yet. Ask the right questions, to da' right man." He slid the cigar back in his mouth, crossed his legs and summoned a large burgundy colored tome, beginning to read. The strange words appearing upon the pages as if being written. " I'll cya-round, Kid. Keep ya' family close. Ya' gonna need em' "

Desril
2015-05-19, 10:41 AM
Kestal'Fel

Thinking in response, she doesn't step through the portal just yet. She'd been watching and listening when Eris was in control, just as Eris was doing now, and she had questions her better half didn't think to ask.

"Before we leave, I have a few more questions." She looks toward the mirrors of light, "Where do you think the best place for me to go to get what I need without being destroyed is? And will you open these gates again when we return?"

Turning her gaze toward Dark again, "And I'm curious, should I ever find myself in possession of another of the 'blacks' like the one we already traded, what should I get for it? What's the most you've ever traded for one of them? Could you make our souls indestructible, for example?"

"Finally," she continues after hearing his answer, "What do you recommend I do, say, and ask once I step through here, other than deliver your messages?"

Mornings
2015-05-19, 11:51 AM

He flipped a page, seemingly half listening. More text seemed to write itself upon the pages. " Where they go? Where you go? Dunno. Dun much care. Like I said. I only offer chance, and opportunity. Where ya should go, will always be on ya' left. Learned dat' bit long while back... Always trust ya' left. But dem' others? " She shrugged. " There go somewhere, that aint' nowhere, and aint' here. They'll take ya, where they'll take ya'. It's not like I write this all down. Whatever they are. Wherever they go. They'll change, or they might not, everytime, all the time. I think. " He shrugged again. " 'Course, I dunno where they go to begin with, so can't say If I'll know they'll be different next time either, eh? But just runnin' da' math. Chances of da' same place, in the same time, in the same line, bein' here the next time? Ya... I'd say, that's a long shot, and a shot above, Sweet-stuff." He flipped another page, then slid out his cigar, and dabbed it, dropping some of the ash to the side. " Pick whatever ya' fancy. Find what ya' need, so ya' know what ya' need. Then we can talk 'bout actually findin' it... but on that other bit. Heh." He looked up this time. A smirk on his face. " No soul is 'indestructible'. Mhm. 'Course, that ain't the whole truth. Heh... But it's most of it." He looked back down to his book. " Find ya' big Brother. Find da' Keeper. Speak teh' Rain. She'll put ya in da' right. Also... mind ya' dun walk 'round like that when ya' drop off into da' worlds below. The Order aint' all a stingy lot. But dem' Slayers can be a mighty-bit overzealous. They ain't keen on demon-kin much. But The Ravens? They'll take ya in, and all dat'. Now git a move on"

Desril
2015-05-19, 12:02 PM
Kestal'Fel

I guess it's a good thing we didn't destroy the bracelet after all.
I disagree...but I suppose that means we'll have to concede to using your old body in the other worlds. Well, I don't mind. It wasn't without its benefits...but we might make a few changes.
Good point, there's no reason we can't make ourself better, is there?

Bowing her head to Dark, "Thank you. Now I suppose it's time for me to be on my way," she says while holding up the rod he gave to her, "But I will see you again."

Mornings
2015-05-19, 12:08 PM

" Heh. Latter kid. "

***Eris/Kestal Has Left the Game