PDA

View Full Version : Dragon cancelled bye OOTS.

Tharr
2007-04-20, 12:34 AM
The wotc decided to cancel dragon magazine so more oots there.
Make wonder if the last oots should have anything worthwhile made.
Hopefully either they are crap or some rant comic page.
Gone people now basically went crazy on the wotc board site any comments.

Spiky
2007-04-20, 01:09 AM
I think I speak for everyone when I say.....Huh?

Methix
2007-04-20, 01:17 AM
I think what he's saying is:

-Wizards of the Coast decided to discontinue Dragon Magazine so OOTS will not longer be published in that magazine.
-I wonder if the final strip (in Dragon) should be special
<I have no idea what line 3 is>
-The people on the WotC forum went crazy over the decision to discontinue Dragon

*I don't keep up on Dragon, so I don't personally know anything about it being discontinued.

Charity322
2007-04-20, 01:24 AM
What the hell? Why discontinue Dragon? I like Dragon. :smallfrown:

Oh well, at least I get it so late it won't be gone for a while lol.

Kreistor
2007-04-20, 02:29 AM
Paizo's announcement does not necessarily mean Dragon is finished. There's still online and potentially other publishers.

kismetrose
2007-04-20, 04:26 AM
After reading what I could find, it sounds like Dragon and/or Dungeon will no longer be published as physical magazines; instead, either one or both of them will be published online. I haven't been able to find any info on whether or not they'll be in .pdf format, or if both of them will continue. They'll be continued by WotC instead of Paizo in any case, since the license with Paizo runs out in September.

More OOTS is definitely nice but I'm just glad that we continue to have the strip here several times a week. It gives me something to look forward to.

Serpentine
2007-04-20, 04:59 AM
This sucks. I don't want to look at it on the internet, I want to be able to hold the lovely lovely magazines in my very hands! Quick, everyone kick up a stink!

XtheYeti
2007-04-20, 06:48 AM
Y cancle dragon? it makes no sence

Om
2007-04-20, 07:46 AM
Y cancle dragon? it makes no senceThis cheered me up. Not that I was actually upset that a magazine that I've never bought was ending its run.

I wonder if the new online content will be free though. Certainly sticking it in digital form would seem to indicate that the magazine was running at a loss or generally not being very profitable.

TroyXavier
2007-04-20, 08:46 AM
I'll miss OOTS especially as it was nice getting the joke strips without the longer storyline. Reminded me a lot of the early strips.

Quillion
2007-04-20, 02:51 PM
I wonder if the new online content will be free though. Certainly sticking it in digital form would seem to indicate that the magazine was running at a loss or generally not being very profitable.

No the new online content is not free it is part of WotC digital initiative.

No the magazine was profitable for WotC because it was a paid licence so they always made thier money.

Paizo Publishing who publish dragon and dungeon, (the guys who paid for Order fo the Stick magazine strip), were not allowed to renew the licence which as I understand they were very prepared to do because WotC believes they can make more money, by providing all month to month content as a paid subscription.

Most expect it to go the way of e-tools.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-20, 02:52 PM
this has been posted in several places already, go check the media thread.

EntilZha
2007-04-20, 06:51 PM
I hope Rich will continue to do "one-shot" OOTS strips, as those were some of the funniest OOTS I've read.