PDA

View Full Version : TV Legends of Tomorrow

JCarter426
2015-05-15, 03:08 AM
Because making these threads seems to be the trend this week. And because I didn't see the TRAILER (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc) anywhere on the Flash/Arrow/Supergirl ones.

It looks... possibly exciting? Still clearly lacking DC's big hitters, but that was a given.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-05-15, 09:13 AM
I really liked the trailer and I'll give it a try once it airs, but I'm guessing I'm going to need to actually finish watching Arrow and Flash.

t209
2015-05-15, 09:29 AM
So I thought that they were supposed to be Seven Soldiers of Victory. But they are just another Avengers. Do tell me some DC team, then again.

Zmeoaice
2015-05-15, 10:03 AM
I'm starting to hate Captain Cold, the writers are pushing him into everything.

Mato
2015-05-15, 10:13 AM
It looks good, well.

It actually looks terrible, bad CGI and stuff. But the series looks like it'll be ok. I thought the Arrow was renewed for a 4th season through?

BWR
2015-05-15, 01:49 PM
I'm all for this. More Ray Palmer (yay!) who gets small now. Sure, the CGI isn't on the level of a big-budget movie but I'm not too picky as long as the characters are fun. And Vandal Savage (double yay) as the BBEG. I'm glad to see them using slightly less big-name characters for the not-JL.

JCarter426
2015-05-15, 05:12 PM
Sure, the Atom and Firestorm are valid choices. But Captain Cold? Heat Wave? Could've gone with Fire and Ice.

Metahuman1
2015-05-15, 05:28 PM
Should have gone with Fire and Ice. Or maybe that's part of the plan for like the mid season break in season 1, or the end of season 1 or something.

I'm kinda curious as to weather they'll bring Nyssia on board full time. Maybe something to the tune of She agrees to cut way, way, way back on the killing to Sarah, and Malcome agrees to release her from the League of Assassins to go live her life and hang with the Lance sisters on conditions of being somewhat reasonable about how she conducts herself and keeping some distance from league activity's, and swearing off her right to justice/vengeance/whatever-were-calling-it-at-the-moment against him for killing Sarah off since she's basically getting a serious net gain at that point. I think I'd like that actually. And plus, that way, you can keep Heatwave and Captain Cold on villain turf.

HardcoreD&Dgirl
2015-05-15, 07:42 PM
Sure, the Atom and Firestorm are valid choices. But Captain Cold? Heat Wave? Could've gone with Fire and Ice.

yes, strong women who have powers and are known for something other then who they hook up with... I guess that would be too much to ask for

Derthric
2015-05-17, 06:56 PM
Honestly I am surprised that Fire and Ice weren't chosen, given the CW's penchant for casting. I mean Fire's post-crisis background has her as a Brazilian model/actress turned spy turned meta. Not to mention could help fill some diversity gaps too. 1 stone, 2 birds.

That being said I am going to watch it, they had me with Vandal Savage.

Kitten Champion
2015-05-17, 07:33 PM
They probably have Captain Cold and Heat Wave's actors under some reasonable long term contract after they first implemented them. Plus, it saves the writers on working on introducing new characters to the audience and the production design team from creating new effects, costume, etc. It's one of several pluses in working within shared universes, spin offs, and sequels for a studio.

From a more artistic standpoint, by choosing characters who are villains to work with they increase the dramatic and story opportunities available to them.

Metahuman1
2015-05-17, 07:37 PM
At least until the inevitable betrayal. Hmmm, maybe will meet Fire and Ice and through out the season see more and more of them and then Cold and Heatwave will double cross and Fire and Ice will join the team?

JCarter426
2015-05-18, 08:52 PM
That doesn't really explain why they'd bring these two into the Not Justice Leauge rather than keep them on as recurring Flash villains, or even bring them in as recurring villains for Legends of Tomorrow (unless sudden but inevitable betrayal is the plan already). I can understand the benefit of having some less trustworthy members of the team, but just as there are already a pair of Justice League members that wield the powers of ice and fire, there are already a number of untrusted heroes and reformed villains in the DC multiverse, so Captain Cold and Heat Wave still seem like odd choices to me. But maybe they have some ideas in mind for these characters specifically.

BWR
2015-05-19, 12:21 AM
Maybe they avoided Fire because they were worried she would look like a rip-off of Firestorm.
They're both on fire, fly around and burn things. It runs the risk of being a bit same-y. (

JCarter426
2015-05-19, 12:49 AM
At least Fire can make her own fire. Heat Wave needs a gun. :smalltongue:

Also Firestorm in the comics is more about transmuting matter and nuclear-based powers than just fire. Although I guess that wouldn't detract from Fire seeming like a weaker Firestorm.

lord_khaine
2015-05-19, 06:27 AM
At least Fire can make her own fire. Heat Wave needs a gun.

Also Firestorm in the comics is more about transmuting matter and nuclear-based powers than just fire. Although I guess that wouldn't detract from Fire seeming like a weaker Firestorm.

Its honestly hard for anyone but the A-listers to not look like a weak version of Firestorm, he is surprisingly powerful in the comics.

Hopeless
2015-05-19, 02:41 PM
What if Fire's origin comes about on this show?

Maybe a side effect of say Firestorm's matter manipulation albeit was considered harmless, but...

Huh since she is supposed to be a spy she could have gained access to Heatwave's gun but maybe its a flawed copy say pick a mad scientist who'd fit this bill?

How about Dr Sivana?

That way you could introduce Billy Batson but not the Shazam stuff as they're making that movie but introducing him as part of Vandal Savage's schemes.

Protecting a future hero even if Rip keeps that quiet because that would bring in Black Adam before Shazam is ready.

Calemyr
2015-05-19, 04:32 PM
I dunno. For all that Snart looks like a discount Riddick, I find I do like how they portray him in the Flash: an intelligent, competent villain that preaches sustainable evil, with an enjoyable chilled delivery. I find him more fun to watch than Arrow or the B-list heroes*, and I could see him working with the good guys if it suited his own best interest. Heatwave, on the other hand... I would bet on him being a loose cannon that ultimately forces Snart to decide between betraying the team or his partner.

* I will say I think I'd enjoy Stein as a main character more than Ronnie. It may be obvious by now, but I like cutting sarcasm.