PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Polymorphed Dragon Player Race Stats (PEACH)

DracoKnight
2015-05-15, 05:22 AM
So, I wanted to play a character who's backstory is that they are a dragon who got polymorphed into a race that typically goes adventuring. I wanted to post the stats here to make sure that they're balanced before I take them to my DM.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B66RprYE6_HHN1I2bzUwcmlvOTA/view?usp=sharing

meltodowno
2015-05-15, 08:08 AM
Not balanced at all.

You have taken the strongest features of several races and stapled them onto one.

- Flight (the aarackora get no other abilities, and the sidebar warns against them for a reason - flight is extremey restricted in 5th ed, with only a small number of sources)
- Dragon breath and resistances of a dragonborn.
- Unarmed strike proficiency.

It's literally just a Dragonborn with different stats, no drawback of looking 'different', and a bunch of extra free (strong) stuff chucked on top.

Cut out everything but the dragonborn traits and you'd be looking in a bit better shape mechanically - but as it stands this is just a flat out upgrade in every way to dragonborn.

PotatoGolem
2015-05-15, 10:49 AM
Yeah this is aakocra + dragonborn. Definitely unbalanced

JNAProductions
2015-05-15, 11:08 AM
Gonna go ahead and echo melto here, but...

Why not just play Dragonborn? Fluff it as a polymorphed dragon, sure, but honestly, you get the stats just fine. There's no need for a custom race when you've got a perfectly servicable existing race.

DracoKnight
2015-05-15, 11:45 AM
Gonna go ahead and echo melto here, but...

Why not just play Dragonborn? Fluff it as a polymorphed dragon, sure, but honestly, you get the stats just fine. There's no need for a custom race when you've got a perfectly servicable existing race.

...that's a good idea. And the reason is that it was...3am...when I came up with this? ;P