PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Path of War] Bunch of questions, anyone feel like answering?

Swaoeaeieu
2015-05-15, 08:43 AM
I have been using Path of war for the past few weeks now but it stil leaves me with questions sometimes. Normally my questions are related to the beta material but these arent, so i made a new thread for it.

So here are the things i could use some clearing up on:
1) So i'm not sure, and neither is the DM on the wording: does the Throwing shell manouver return the shield only on a hit, or does it bounce back when i miss too?
2) The martial charge feat let's me use a strike in a charge, can i combine that with manouvers that require a charge attack?
3) If i have a feat like Leaping strike (found it on the srd) wich changes how a charge works, do those feats combine with manouvers who require a charge attack?

also one question about the beta material: Piercing strike (piercing thunder), does it hit more then 1 apponent? i can't figure out the wording.

thanks in advance!

Elricaltovilla
2015-05-15, 08:55 AM
PoW: E Writer here! Let me see what I can do to answer your questions.

1) So i'm not sure, and neither is the DM on the wording: does the Throwing shell manouver return the shield only on a hit, or does it bounce back when i miss too?

It does not specify that you need to hit the target, only that they be within the first two range increments. So hit or miss, as long as the target is within the first two range increments you get your shield back. Note, there's no ruling on where the shield goes if they aren't in the first two range increments, so by RAW it hits them and drops to the ground adjacent to that enemy.

2) The martial charge feat let's me use a strike in a charge, can i combine that with manouvers that require a charge attack?

At this time, by RAW, you can indeed combine martial Charge with a Charge maneuver. Our as of yet unreleased errata will limit Martial Charge to only maneuvers that don't already make a charge as part of initiating the maneuver.

3) If i have a feat like Leaping strike (found it on the srd) wich changes how a charge works, do those feats combine with manouvers who require a charge attack?

Yes.

also one question about the beta material: Piercing strike (piercing thunder), does it hit more then 1 apponent? i can't figure out the wording.

Target: One or more creatures

Make an attack roll against foes within your reach and deal an additional 1d6 points of damage.

It attacks multiple opponents. The issue here is, obviously, that the maneuver doesn't specify which opponents, how many, or how to determine which opponents are, or are not legal targets. Right now, you can use Piercing Strike to hit every enemy in your reach with one attack. This is not intended. I'll confirm with ErrantX, but I believe that Piercing Strike is supposed to work like a line, although it definitely needs to be fixed.

thanks in advance!

You're welcome! Thank you for your support and these great questions!

Swaoeaeieu
2015-05-15, 09:19 AM
PoW: E Writer here! Let me see what I can do to answer your questions.

Answers from the top of the mountain! Awsome!

It does not specify that you need to hit the target, only that they be within the first two range increments. So hit or miss, as long as the target is within the first two range increments you get your shield back. Note, there's no ruling on where the shield goes if they aren't in the first two range increments, so by RAW it hits them and drops to the ground adjacent to that enemy.
Great, i'll let the DM know so i don't lose my shield anymore :P

At this time, by RAW, you can indeed combine martial Charge with a Charge maneuver. Our as of yet unreleased errata will limit Martial Charge to only maneuvers that don't already make a charge as part of initiating the maneuver.
Hmm so i can for now, wich is awsome, but not in the future. Shame. Do you have to change it? it opens up such nice combinations :)

It attacks multiple opponents. The issue here is, obviously, that the maneuver doesn't specify which opponents, how many, or how to determine which opponents are, or are not legal targets. Right now, you can use Piercing Strike to hit every enemy in your reach with one attack. This is not intended. I'll confirm with ErrantX, but I believe that Piercing Strike is supposed to work like a line, although it definitely needs to be fixed. i'll keep a look out. You guys must be busy with all the new material.

You're welcome! Thank you for your support and these great questions!

Thanks for the answers, but now i have more!

4) Now that i could potentially combine charge manouvers with normal strikes, how would Steel Lancer's Edge and Red zephyr strike add up? the first lets me acrobatics away after the charge, the second gives 10 feet movement. I would bounce around like crazy!

Also this makes the dragoon build some of us crave for closer in reach.

5) just because you mentioned it. Any ETA on the errata? or is all focus on Expanded first?