PDA

View Full Version : Tithe of Oarvoll IC

luca0483
2015-05-15, 09:35 AM
You have all received the letters of promotion. At the bottom, it states that you are to come to room j-029.
None of you have ever been to the j-area, but you all recognise it as being located in the bridge section of the ship.
As you find your way there, using your various methods, asking people that might know, looking at maps, following the signs, you discover that the room is one of the mission debriefing rooms normally used for officers after a battle, located on one of the small corridors just off of the main route to the bridge itself.

As you arrive, you see that the room door is a very old iron slide-door (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a8/d4/fe/a8d4fe33a990957b6e1c6620802b8a8b.jpg). On the left of the door, above the operation-panel, there is a slide-sign (http://cdn.firespring.com/images/191e47fd-253f-4271-866f-034795c759f5.gif). The main part of the sign says "Type-A Debriefing Room", while the part currently revealed by the slide says "In Session".

ArcturusV
2015-05-22, 05:06 AM
Sometimes, I didn't understand people. Times like this especially. The Lady Boss Officer had to know about me and my people. She seemed to know most everything from what I heard. Just the nature of the shadow men who lurk just out of sight. They know everything, your secrets, your joys, your failings, your passions...

And yet here I was, utterly lost, confused, and nearly helpless because of something that she should have known better about. Most particularly the flimsy sheet that I gripped in my hand, bearing the strange markings that supposedly spoke of great wisdom and secrets, to believe the Tribal Elders who were privy to such things. It was how the Officers Spoke, and how the Will of the God-Emperor came down.

But I wasn't an officer, or an emissary of the God-Emperor. To me these markings were as impossible to decipher as the meaning behind the insane shouts of the madmen we fought back in the warzone. She had to know that I was not privileged in the secret lores of the most holy of figures. Yet she persisted in such things for reasons that I could never even begin to guess.

And thus I was lost on board a ship. A claustrophobic, hellish experience. Nothing was familiar to me. No sky, the sun replaced by glowlamps. No ambient creatures that spoke the secrets of the land to me. No insects to tip me off to the movements of others, or avians who might point me towards potable water.

If I have to survive on my own here. I would die, most likely. All while the cold metal figures and rag covered whelps just went about their business without noticing.

But certain things come back. The whispers of the Ancients in my mind spoke to me, something on the air. Very, very faint, but I could detect it. A scent that brought me back to memories of unending pain, constant buzzing noises, and strange voices hovering on the end of my consciousness. I could remember viscous weapons slicing me apart, and cold hands snapping my bones and ripping me apart.

It was the scent of Medicae. Slinking along close to the decking, sniffing at the floor and walls I followed the scent of the medicae, very familiar to my mind, some scent I had spent days, maybe weeks surrounded by. Everyone remembered scents more than anything else, more than sounds, more than sights. It's why they trained me, and my clanmates to use all their senses, including smell when tracking. I didn't care if anyone looked oddly at me. Or if anyone tried to stop me, I ignored them as I followed that trail, eventually finding my way to the labeled conference room. Getting there by the familiar scent that called me there, and not at all by any particular knowledge of the ship or his orders.

Bennosuke
2015-05-22, 05:31 AM
I, Brother Novus had dressed in my finest Ecclesiastic Robes, of a fine maroon blood silk. Being selected to travel on the Inquisitor's personal vessel alone was an honor of clearly the highest regard, and now to be called on again, for who knows what purpose! I could hardly keep my heart from beating.

Making my way through the dimly lit interior of the giant ship, stopping to ask for directions and once or twice to join a ship member in a brief prayer. I had already managed to gather a reputation amongst much of the crew assigned to his part of the ship and was now holding short sermons on a daily basis. It was the least he could do to continue to Raise the word of The Holy Emperor, while on this sacred voyage. It was only right to continue my holy work thusly.

Arriving outside the "debriefing room", I greet the strange looking young man. There was something familiar about the man, but having met so many men over the last few years. From his fatigues, the dark skinned man is clearly a soldier, likely Imperial Guard. At over 2 meters tall, and over 120 kg of muscle, I know I am a Goliath of a man, but as far as others can see of my robes, I am unarmed; a bold decision in the dark halls of this interstellar vessel. Stranger still, the Brother's eyes have been covered in round golden lenses, creating a very alien appearance, perhaps that of some early Terran God's statue, where there are no pupils.

Making a strong salute of the Aquila to show comradery, crossing his thumbs across his chest to make wings, I say, "Good day Guardsman. It appears that we have both been called on by the Inquisitor for some auspicious purpose." Bowing my head in humility, I say, "This one is Brother Quarl Novus. Priest of the Ecclesiarchy, a lowly but blessed servant." A friendly smile flashes across my face at these words.

Cilvyn
2015-05-22, 06:24 AM
Lucrezia

'Mh...A letter' I thought to myself. Of course I can read the letter, no doubt about that, what I wonder is what my Inquisitor disires from me. I put down my medical equipment i was holding to tend to a sick crewmember and leave the sickbay. Firstly I have to get to my quarters and wash myself to get rid of the penetrating scent of medicea, although it never seems to fully disapear. I am used to the smell, it is who I am, but I want to be on my best when meetnig my superious.

I get dressed in fine linnen clothes in the colors red, white and black to still be noticable as a sister. I almost forget to remove the fillet that keeps my hair out of my face for when I'm on duty. I look in the mirror and smile. I look presentable at worst.

I make my way through the corridors. I am used to the maze and even when I enter the J area follwing the sign goes naturally and I arrive without any complications at my destination J029. THere is no-one there and it seems I arrived early as I should.

Not long after a guardsman arrives, at first glace I assume he is just another person on the ship and I nod, before I notice he stops at the same door as me. Aparently this is his destination as well and might have had a letter too. When I look at him again, hsi face loks familiar, but I cannot place the idea from where. I have seen so many soldiers in my life, dead, alive or in between.

Before I can ask who he is, a giant of a man with strange looking eyes or are they lenses, she is impressed by his physical appearence and answers his Aquila with the similar greeting.

Welcome Brother. My name is Lucrezia. I am with the medical staff of our employer's armed forces, at your service. I bow again and look at the others who are aparently deemed worthy by the Inquisitor to be called to this room.

Argentum
2015-05-22, 08:42 AM
I consulted the map in my hands, walking briskly to my destination. The letter of promotion had been unexpected and I wondered just why it was me being selected. I couldn't even begin to think of anything outstanding that I'd done in the past few years under Inquisitor Yvondir's command, I merely did what was expected of me.

Turning around a corner, I realized that I had entered the J-area of the ship at last. I go through a last minute equipment check, slowing my pace slightly. I was clothed in the standard uniform of the Skitarii Tech-Guard with my Laspistol holstered at my side, ready to be drawn at a moment's notice.

There are a few people standing in front of the room, I notice. Another guardsman, I do not recognize his face nor his uniform. The second is a large man, dressed in a silk robe with golden lenses covering his eyes and the last is a Sister of Battle, who appears to be greeting the large man.

Given that they are gathered in front of the room I was ordered to arrive for my briefing, it is reasonable to assume that they have likely been given similar letters. I approach the group, stopping perhaps three arms-lengths away and snap to a salute.

"Solaria of the Skitarii Tech-Guard, am I correct in assuming that you have received orders to gather here from our Lady Inquisitor as well?" I ask with a slight tinge of curiosity in my voice.

Cilvyn
2015-05-22, 08:59 AM
Lucrezia

I nod seeing the group grow in numbers.

I have received this letter, I hear you have too. I show the envelope then put it carefully back in my inside pocket.

Maybe I should have dressed more... ready for battle. I think to myself, seeing the second person being a guardswoman as well, and being just dressed in fine clothes myself. I wonder what our Lady Inquisitor will ask of us, since we have not worked together before if I'm right. I look around hoping to see more people coming around the corner to join our group. Meanwhile I softly hum a short song about home, to not let there be an awkward silence while we wait.

Bennosuke
2015-05-22, 10:14 AM
Ah, so many people arriving all at once. Stepping forward to greet the others, again I allow a smile to cross my face. I greet the others with a slow Aquila salute. "It is a pleasure to meet you all Brothers and Sisters," I give a curt nod to the Medicae who was certainly the Sister who had treated my shrapnel wound, "this one is Brother Quarl Novus.".

"Sister Lucrezia, I do not expect you to remember this humble servant, but I had the fortune of receiving your care back on Jutlatna. " I roll up my sleeve to show the mess of still healing scar tissue. "i consider it to be a blessing to be called to duty with you. I suspect even if it is a menial task, it will be of the utmost necessity to His Cause."

Cilvyn
2015-05-22, 10:28 AM
Lucrezia

Almost like automatism I take Quarl's arm in my hands and look at it. Seems to be healed well, If you get the chance look me up so I can have another look at it. Then she looks at the cleric's face pondering. I'm sorry Quarl, I have treated so many soldiers, but your face does look familiar. If we indeed will have to work together I am sure we will have time to catch up. I still hold your arm in my hands, pressing your skin and bending it a bit. Yes definatly get it looked at some time.

Bennosuke
2015-05-22, 11:01 AM
Lucrezia

Almost like automatism I take Quarl's arm in my hands and look at it. Seems to be healed well, If you get the chance look me up so I can have another look at it. Then she looks at the cleric's face pondering. I'm sorry Quarl, I have treated so many soldiers, but your face does look familiar. If we indeed will have to work together I am sure we will have time to catch up. I still hold your arm in my hands, pressing your skin and bending it a bit. Yes definatly get it looked at some time.

Nodding with a smile, I saw, "Sister, has this trip treated you well? I hope His light has continued to shine on you." I place a friendly hand on her shoulder, towering over the Sister Hospitallar.

Cilvyn
2015-05-22, 11:38 AM
Lucrezia

I look up at the giant, but don't really mind his hand on my shoulder. I am used to the affection of my patients, not in a arrogant way, but being close with someone, certainly when you are litterally in someones body or granting them extra years to live, creates a special bond between the two of you. The injury of Quarl was not life treatening, but still treating someone does something to people. This enormous man brings back memories, you don't easily forget a person like that.

I've been very well, thank you. It is indeed a pleasure to serve with you, and with you at my side I should not have to worry about my savety I smile friendly almost having to lay my head in my neck to look Quarl in the eyes.

ArcturusV
2015-05-22, 12:33 PM
I sniffed at the air once more, and with the heavy scent of the medicae, the memories were thick in the air. Oh it wasn't heavy to most people, but to me it stood out as clear as day, the words being spoken and the arrivals barely registering as I was taken back to those long days. My shoulder still ached, I knew it never would, despite the promises of the Medicae or threats that it was just a 'corruption of your mind'. Some things you just don't forget, and some pain is meant to be suffered in the name of service.

To Solaria, I was probably as far from a recognizable brother in arms as could be, the Skitarri having more in common with the Sister or the Cleric than she did with I. My armor was painted in crude colors and stripes. The bracers making up the forearms of the flak armor were scored with clearly defined markings, probably with a cutting implement of some sort like a knife or an axe, causing a distinct and obvious seeming flaw compared to regulation armor. While Solaria was in her uniform, I was in my armor. It was my second skin, not to be removed unless in direct orders from my superiors. One never knew when battle would find a Guardsman, and no Drill Abbot, Commissar, or Priest would ever had accepted me being less than ready to be the Hammer of the Emperor, and the Shield of Humanity. Some habits are ingrained into your very soul. I may have looked young and fresh faced, in another life, in another world I might have been considered just a whelp. But to those here who knew such things, most likely Solaria, it was clear that life had already been a wealth of experience in one fashion or another for me, as my armor was marked with the honors of the Triple Skull (( OOC Note: Honor denoting the survival of an action/campaign that nearly decimated your unit, with a final result of Imperial Victory )), and the Honorifica (( OOC Note: Unit Citation for exemplary action for a Regiment )).

I stood up slowly to my full height, now that I was surrounded by familiar faces, no longer sniffing at the deck plating. "I knew a priest once," I said, seemingly out of nowhere to Brother Quarl Novus. My nose seemed to twitch a little as my blue eyes stared down with intensity on Quarl, leaving no doubt that something was running through my mind as I looked on that face. "It seems your faith was strong. 'Though your flesh is injured, your spirit lives on'," I quoted, a rough imitation of a prayer I had heard many times in the Guard. The man seemed familiar to me, someone who had seen the grinder that was the war against the dug in Heretics. No doubt that he was if nothing else, at least smart enough and fast enough to survive when others didn't. He had to be someone who understood what it meant to charge into the gun lines, and to fight side by side with axe, knife, and fist as need be. There was something comforting about having a truly known quantity at your side. No matter how friendly people were, it was no match for the bond of shared hells and triumphs.

"You healed me as well," I told the Sister Hopitallier bluntly. Another bond. And he had little doubt that the Sister remembered him any more than she remembered the Cleric. The battle was a charnel house, and she had to have seen and treated dozens, if not hundreds that day in her own miserable battle. Unlike with me, she probably didn't see Quarl or myself as allies who went through that hell with her. She probably saw us the same way I saw those bunkers and nests, obstacles to be overcome in the name of the God-Emperor. No wonder she didn't recognize us. Not that it bothered me that much as I pondered it. I knew her skills first hand, and knew I could trust her to keep my body functioning to smite the heretics. That was all I required.

Cilvyn
2015-05-22, 01:02 PM
Lucrezia

More people who know me? I say delighted The universe can be so small, is it not?.

I shake my head, sorry for the disapointment i might cause. I am very sorry.. uh Kris was it? It was a gruesome battle, that I remember. Of course how can I forget it. many brave soldiers died that day. I can not even imagine howmany poor souls died on the battlefied without even the chance to be healed. I look at the guardsman with a skilled eye and notice something about his posture and smile Your shoulder, am I right? I place my hand against the shoulder and press it untill I feel the bone. then I quickly take my hand off him. I am not at the medical bay now and these are not my patients. Forgive me, you are not my patients, I should not treat you like one. You are my collegues and companions, I am sorry. I smile, noticing my mistake in attitude and wait for the others to start a conversation about another topic. I know we will talk again about our previous encounters, but that is for another time, not now when we are awaiting a briefing from our Lady Inquisitor.

Seanfall
2015-05-22, 01:13 PM
So quiet. The thought rings through my mind as I move through the empty corridors and bulkheads. The only sound the 'tap' 'tap' of my staff upon the steel floor. My mind is a flurry of thought and flame, after all this service promotion? The question of my devotion has been answered it seems. The thoughts fall into the back of my mind as I come upon the others.

Like me? Yes and no, gathered for purpose but lacking the other world...wait...that one there the Skitarii familiar. The fire flared and spoke through me.

"GREETINGS! brothers and sisters, bearers of the righteous light the holy fire! You there...Solaria, I remember yes yes in spit and bile of combat! The images are blurred but you burn through clear! hahahaha! What's this what's this? A SISTER!?" I drop to my knees before the Adepta Sorotias.

"Hospitaller, healer of the faithful devoted servant of the God-Emperor It is...an honor...." I bow my head shaking as the fire courses through me, oh it burns today. "I. Am. Zaddion."

Argentum
2015-05-22, 01:52 PM
As the Sister and the apparent priest talked, I simply moved to the side, satisfied with the Sister's answer. In the wait for the Lady Inquisitor's arrival, I found myself observing the other guardsman in the group.

His armor was painted crudely, colors and stripes found everywhere, indicative of a more primitive design. Perhaps this guardsman was from a feral world? I repressed a frown as I spotted blemishes on the armor's bracers, jagged markings likely caused by some form of cutting tool. Damaged, but not to the point of weakening its integrity, the armor would still perform its purpose and that was all that mattered.

Certainly, the honors and Honorifica upon his armor told tales of this guardsman's accomplishments, he would be an acceptable if not ideal teammate.

Satisfied with my observation, I return my gaze to the room's entrance, having no more to add to the conversation nor any interest in doing so. I had never met any of them previously, nor served on the same battlefield as far as I could tell.

It is only when a loud and manic voice greets the group that I look away from the door, greeted by the sight of a man with greying hair in raggedy robes. He carries a staff which holds a glass orb atop it, tapping against the ground with each step. The newcomer singles me out, claiming to have remembered me from the battlefield.

It takes me a moment, but I recall trading a few words, relaying orders perhaps, with this man. "Greetings, it is good to see you once again, Zaddion." I greet, injecting a small amount of warmth into my voice as I ignored his eccentric display.

Cilvyn
2015-05-22, 01:55 PM
Lucrezia

I look a at the man kneeling in front of me and smile by the honor the man does me. Please Zaddion, rise. There is no need for such praise for a humble medic. Save that for our Emperor on holy Terra. I close my eyes for a a few seconds mumbling a few words that make no sound but only move my lips.

Once Zaddion stands up I speak to him These are our companions, also called to this room by our lady Inquisitor. I give the others the oppertunity to introduce themselves to Zaddion, the tan man who can see things we don't dare to imagine.

Seanfall
2015-05-22, 02:55 PM
Zaddion

I breathe slowly allowing the flame to calm, but still my words appear full of energy always holding back. "Oh but I must bow lady sister. The unworthy always bow." I stand tall, though still dwarfed by a few around me. I nod to the Skitarii, "I offer the same greeting, Solaria. You are as articulate as ever."

My attention is drawn back to the sister. "Yes yes no doubt we are called to the flame.Lady Solaria and I have fought together before, not in close proximity. Even to those with clockwork souls my kind are kept at a distance." My hand lays atop the crystal orb upon my staff, palming it calmly. It helps hold the fire in check, I do not need to burn now, It hurts to hold it in.

"Then I hope she makes her away to us soon. I am eager to begin the burning."

ArcturusV
2015-05-22, 03:16 PM
At the mention of Praises to the Emperor, I quickly and quietly, by simple reflex, recite a short prayer in my native tongue. The words unintelligible to most here, though a sharp eared person would notice mentions of "Mount Emprah", "Mount Mina", "Mount Katherine", "Mount Lucia", "Mount Arabella", "Mount Dominica", and "Mount Silvana" (( OOC Note: For those of Ecclesiarchal Knowledge/Leanings yes those are references to the God Emperor and the six saints of the six primary Orders Militant of the Adepta Sororitas )), the names spoken in low gothic.

I stare hard at Zaddion as he comes up and introductions are being made, my brow furrowed as I seemed to study him intently. Nervously I seem to inch a bit away from him, some hind part of my mind telling me to get even just that slight bit more distance from the man.

At the mention of the 'lady Inquisitor' I started to sniff and look around, not seeing this fabled person so far. Not even knowing I was supposed to be here until just this moment. The note was still crumpled in my hand, but everyone here seemed to expect my presence, and as such I had no reason to question it. The only question I had was... who was getting an arrow to the knee today? It was a simple question and the center of my life. Every moment building up to making me an adamantium balled weapon of destruction in the name of the Seven Mountains after all. It was my privilege and honor to be so. And from the looks of the others, probably the only other one who could keep up with me was Quarl. Then again, anyone who survived the gunlines had to have Mars Forged Balls Blessed by a Canonness after all.

With no answers to the question, and no Inqusitor popping out of the walls to illuminate the question, I asked something that I would have axed back in the regiment, "So who we killin'?"

Bennosuke
2015-05-22, 03:19 PM
Making the sign of the Aquila across my chest, again I bow to the new acquaintances, "This one is Brother Quarl Novus, dutiful servant of The Emperor and his Children."

luca0483
2015-05-23, 02:18 AM
For those that so far has arrived, it is starting to get a little cramped where you stand. The corridor you are standing in only has a width of two people, and the doorframe protrudes from the wall, making it slightly narrower here.

Though the door in front of you no doubt has some level of sound isolation, for a couple of seconds you hear a muffled voice from the other side, sounding male.

Bennosuke
2015-05-23, 06:35 AM
Unintentionally stiffening, I turn toward the door, then back too my companions.

Budwar
2015-05-23, 07:32 AM
Morias

I´m just having a little nap after a long tour through our majestic ship when someone taps on my shoulder. Immediately I open my eyes and instinctively grasp his outstretched hand holding some paper. "A-a letter for you sir. " he says with a quavering voice. Slowly I take the letter from him and with a nod I send him away.

On paper there is my promotion signed by Inquisitor Katherina Yvondir and a note that I´m to come into a room only Emperor knows where.

I get up out of my bed and hit the road to J area. As I roamed through the ship countless times from one end to the other I know very well where to go and therefore i head to the bridge section.

Nobody from the ship´s crew I meet on my way casts a friendly look on me but I barely care, at least I stay vigilant. Immersed to sounds of the ship I continue to the J-section where after a while I find a direction to the room 029.

When I´m getting closer I hear voices from afar and after a few seconds I can see several figures standing outside the door. Probably they received the same letter. Should I go to them and introduce myself? It would be right. But what if I´m wrong. Would they talk to me? And do I want to talk to them at all? Probably it would be better to stay away. So i stop a few meters from them and lean my back against a wall.

I´m trying not to draw any attention and watching them inconspicuously. There is five of them. Three men and two women. I´m looking at their faces but no one is familiar to me.
Wait. The red-haired women I think a saw her somewhere. But where? And the giant wearing a robe? I recognize him too. Oh, I know. It´s him. He ruined my shot once. But I never was so close, every time a saw them it was only through my scope.

luca0483
2015-05-23, 08:40 AM
Those close to the door hear the muffled voice again, suddenly becoming very loud and audible as the door is opened, no longer blocking the words said. The man seemingly was in the middle of a sentence when the door opened up.

"...want to send a new cell on this mission? You have at least two proven cells not on mission! Grok's cell would be ideal!"

While this is being said, a low scribe comes out of the room, not the person speaking, and almost falls backwards as he nearly bumps into Grish, obviously not expecting anybody just outside the room. After regaining his stance, he looks around and counts the groop, and upon seeing Morias in the background, hurries into the room.

"Lady Katherina, the new acolytes are just outside"

You then hear a voice you all recognise.
"What are they standing out there for? Please, bring them in"

The low man emerge again "Come in. The lady asks of your presence inside"

As you enter, the taller among you have to crouch slightly to fit the door. Coming into the room, you go up two steps, and stand in a tall room that could be mistaken for a meeting room, if not for the sign outside.

There is a long table with chairs for eight people on either side, and a larger chair at the end of the table, currently occupied by Katherina in one of her casual dresses. The space at the other end of the table, opposite Katherina and pointing towards you, is occupied by a small ornamental statue of the imperial eagle. On the table is a coule of baskets with assorted bakery products. More chairs surround the chairs at the table, all empty, and standing next to Katherina is another inquisitor. He is old and chubby (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=310587), and he is clad in the clothes of a cleric (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/71/0a/45/710a455f59d1c3e388613116bc8415a2.jpg), except for the large inquisitorial symbol (http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/1/12/Inquisitorial_Rosette.png/revision/latest?cb=20131227015732) hanging from his neck. He watches you as enter, making no effort to hide his slight discontent.

Katherina greets you. "Thank you for coming so quickly on such short notice. Please sit. Hector, this is the members of my new cell. Acolytes, this is my colleague, Hector. He is in charge of overseeing the planetary tithes"

Bennosuke
2015-05-23, 09:44 AM
A warm grin spreads across my face at the statement "new cell of acolytes". Such a high calling, the Emperor's light has shone upon me once again. Giving a curt bow to the Inquisitor out of respect, I follow her command and move to a seat near Hector, unable to keep my eyes off of the holy Inquisitor. Recognizing the vestments of a fellow Priest, I greet Hector warmly, before sitting down.

Seanfall
2015-05-23, 11:01 AM
Zaddion

Such a lovely scent, I find myself drawn to the baked goods unable to help myself I snatch a few up and take my seat near the far end of the table. It's better if I'm away from them, they'll feel more comfortable that way. I set my staff against the table, and take a small bite of one of the pastries.

"Reminds me of home, there was a small bakery in my village the town always smelled of fresh bread in the morning." it was a random memory, what odd timing. Memories...ash. My body stiffens for a moment, No no...calm down, it was the smell that brought that about. It's not 'them' they can't get here not on a voidship. Yes yes...that makes sense.

Argentum
2015-05-23, 11:07 AM
I do not react to the muffled voices I hear from the room, neither I nor my companions in the hallway have been commanded to enter yet, it would be inappropriate to interrupt. The door opens and a scribe exits from the chamber, nearly bumping into the feral world guardsman who had not yet introduced himself. Or perhaps he had intorduced himself to the Cleric and Sister before I had arrived and did not feel like doing so again.

I push the thoughts out of my head as the scribe quickly bumbles back into the room, clumsy in his hurry. Nearly shaking my head in amusement at the sight, my eyes widen as I manage to hear the scribe informing the Lady Inquisitor that the new acolytes were gathered outside.

Me, an acolyte? That couldn't possibly be the case, I had not done anything outstanding enough to warrant such a promotion, as far as I knew. Too soon for me to make sense of the situation, the scribe returns and calls us into the room.

The Cleric Novus and Zaddion enter eagerly. I follow behind and give a salute to the Lady Inquisitor and the male Inquisitor, Hector, reciting my name and rank in the disciplined manner the Skitarii are known for. I quickly take a seat at the Lady Inquisitor's order, posture stiff and mechanical as I await further instructions.

ArcturusV
2015-05-23, 12:23 PM
I had blinked slowly as the man nearly ran into me, not moving out of the way, but not really helping him or trying to prevent him from running smack into my flak armored chest either, merely standing there impassively as words were exchanged, and the Lady Inquisitor called us in.

There was a definite sort of swagger to my stride as I entered the room. Drill Abbots called it "Walking like you had a purpose", something you were supposed to always do when the eyes of your superiors were on you. The Clan Eldars called it, "Stating your Claim", advertising to those around you that you were confident in your ability to handle what was going on, on or off the battlefield. I just found that it worked well with most people outside the Regiment, either instilling confidence in them, or at least looking like I belonged where I was, and not someone to question too much.

Snapping to drill ground discipline, I gave the two inquisitors a salute, fist slamming into the left breast. I had seen some other regiments do a stranger salute, hand to the forehead, but that never really made any sense to me. Taking up one of the baked goods in my left hand, just pawing the thing with a full grip, I sat down close to Lady Katherine at the table, quickly scarfing down the food item in the hustling way that one picked up when you never had time to savor a meal before the shooting might start again.

My eyes scanned over the stranger, assessing the danger of the man. Another old habit, hard to kick, marking out which person in a room posed the greatest danger to your unit, and who needs to be challenged and axed first.

"We're going back to the Line?" I suddenly asked Katherine as everyone settled in. It might have seemed impudent to others that I just bluntly questioned a superior, but it was the way "The Blessed Bastards" worked. Things were more informal among his people, young men were supposed to question, the elders giving the benefit of their wisdom and helping in the development of warriors. I was used to questioning his superior officers. Oh, respectfully yes, but just sitting quiet and waiting to be ordered wasn't my way.

And it seemed like a reasonable question, those I recognized were all battle veterans. Those I didn't recognize apparently were veterans of other campaigns. I had heard the Lady Inquisitor was big on martial action and warfare, so the idea of gathering a squad for some priority objective back on some heretical hellhole warzone made sense to me.

Budwar
2015-05-23, 01:15 PM
Morias

I´m just waiting about unnoticed for a while. Suddenly the door opens and there is a man standing in it. I can hear some voices but I´m too far to understand, then he invites us inside. I come in as the last one, slightly bow my head as a greeting to the inquisitors and take a chair which is nearest to exit waiting what happens next.

Cilvyn
2015-05-23, 02:34 PM
Lucrezia

The moment we are called inside I quickly fashion my hair, stroke my clothes smooth and walk in. I make a fitting bow for the Inquisitor and then for the man who aparently requires our services.

Sister lucrezia, sir, at your service.

I wait for the inquisitor to sit down and then sit down myself, not speaking but waiting for Katarina or Hector to take the word and tell us why we are summoned. It is not my place to talk before them and I will simply nod at what they have to say and follow the commands of the lady. I wonder how the others are feeling. It certainly is a great coincidence that most of us met before. Would Katerina has done this om purpose, I wonder? I am glad either way, I feel already connected to the others and know they see me as a worthy addition to the group as I see them as respected veterans of many battles. Especially Zaddion is a person who seems to be someone you can rely on and trust yo uwith your life. He seems a bit... lost maybe in his devotion, but that does not has to be a bad thing. I really want to speak more with him when we actually have time. THis all flashed through my head ina few seconds and I refocus inmediatly waititng for the lady to speak.

luca0483
2015-05-23, 06:55 PM
Hector continues to stand up as you sit down, while he says to Katherina:

"You could at the very least have introduced me with some formality. Not everyone is so careless about their title"
"Fine, have it your way, Inquisitor Hector Baldir of the Ordo Hereticus. Happy?"
Hector grunts and shrugs, before falling into thought.

After a few akward moments of silence as Katherina waits for Hector to finish thinking, Grish suddenly asks his question, bringing Hector out of wherever he was wandering in his mind.

Katherina smiles
"Not this time, no. Or, actually, depends on the success of your mission, and a couple of other cells. This time, we are trying to win the battle before the lines are formed. Hector" she puts emphasis on not saying his full title "Will you explain the situation to them?"

"Very well. We are currently in orbit around the forgeworld Penglyph T.
It has never been unable to provide as much as a single piece of equipment required for the tithes, for almost a thousand years. What more is, there hasn't been a a change of planetary governor for more than two hundred years. Mechanicus implants can keep you running that long and longer"

"So it came as a great surprise when two tithes ago, a substantial amount of material was missing. Normally, this would warrant an execution, but due to those circumstances, and the fact that he was able to gather together what he owed in a couple of weeks, he only got a severe beating and a threat on his life, should it happen again. So unfortunately, when the next time the tithe was due and there was some missing, we had to make an example. Not Katherina, by the way, i am talking about me and my contacts in the Administratum. We took him apart. He was so much metal it was like dismantling a robot. We then instated another Mechanicus Official as the planetary governor, this one with a little more respect for the imperium, and went on, trusting him to not do the mistakes of the past. Normally, new guys are very strict about fullfilling the tithe, as to not lose their heads"

"Extremely unfortunate as it may be, today we have counted up the materials of this harvest, and he, who we appointed ourselves, was too unable to fullfill the tithe completely, which brings us to the current point in time. We think there is something going on that is hindering them from fullfilling their tithe that they either do not know about, or are trying to hide"

"Your mission is to go down there and find out what it is, and fix it if possible. Start with the Mecha-official, find out what he knows, by any means, interrogation or otherwise. You will be the first people he speaks to from our service since before the counting, so he has no knowledge of his sins yet. We will send a more veteran team in afterwards to press the last bits of information out of him. We will leave the execution untill after the investigations are finished. Take with you what gear you have, that you deem necessary. We have no idea what you might find to be the underlying cause. Extra gear will be ready, in the valkyrie you will use to travel travel down to the surface. Meet up with my Cell Operations Coordinator in room a-001, fully ready, three hours from now. Any other questions?"

ArcturusV
2015-05-23, 07:07 PM
I was paying attention, not that I necessarily understood the full import of what a Forge World was, Mechanicus (( OOC Note: His regiment is primarily extremely primitive in gearing, not like there was a ton of Red Robes running around to take care of Chimeras, tempermental advanced weaponry, etc )), Tithes, and so on. A bit above my paygrade as the Elders would say, but no one else was chiming in with any particular objections to it, so it must not be that unusual to them all, and presumably they had more idea what was what with all of the fiddly details and could fill him in as needed.

My primary role though was doing what a Guardsman did. Find, identify, and neutralize an enemy. Hold the line as needed and kill the other guys holding their line as needed. This was reflected in the first question I asked the man, "Known enemies and their assets?" Usually a basic part of briefings from the Elders after all, letting the younger warriors know what they were getting into in terms of firepower, enemy morale and organization, and tactical strengths and weaknesses.

"Any friendly assets on the ground?" I added as well after a moment. It didn't matter to me if I was charging into battle with just this small squad by my side. I had done it before in the name of the Emprah, I'd do it again. But if Hector had some friendly troops down there, it'd be nice to know before Axing Questions became the order of the day.

Seanfall
2015-05-23, 11:28 PM
Zaddion

"A forge world." Taking the first two digits on my left I rub my temple. "If I remember correctly, my Lords those worlds are known for having poor air quality. Pollution isn't generally something they try to curtail." My voice growls a little as I speak, "I posses some filtration devices, but I suggest the rest of our group equip similar items for the more....errr...I can't think of a polite word the areas where the air stinks like **** to the point it corrodes titanium." I chuckle at that, the thought tickles me.

"The old Governor...his belongings...residence are these things available to us? Soloria is Mechanius and I have certain, occult knowledge of the dark things that should burn to ash. Perhaps we might see something that was overlooked."

luca0483
2015-05-24, 05:21 AM
A couple of seconds after Grish's first comment, Hector starts laughing, which intensify when the second comment is spoken.
Regaining his posture, he shakes his head and takes a chair.
"This, Miss Yvondir, is what happens when you use the battlefield to train field agents"
He puts emphasis on using her last name, which you all know she dislikes.

Katherina cut him off
"Grish, this isn't a warzone, yet, and we would like it to stay that way. The enemy, if there is one, has yet to be found. That is your job. And for assets, this is a forgeworld, a world that produces weapons and equipment for the rest of the imperium. Tithes are the tax that planets pay to the emperor, and there is an amount that is missing. They only pay in weapons and equipment, but we do not know what gear is unaccounted for. If there are enemy forces, their assets are completely unpredictable. They might have access to nothing but stubpistols and laslocks, or they might have access to battle-tanks and powered armour. We don't know yet"

Hector then cuts into Katherina's talk
"As for friendly faces, you are more in luck there. While Katherina has resorted to only sending you in, and one more cell later, i have already four cells on the ground. Once you start pumping the governor for information, they will start sifting through the local administratum-office's files. You can call on them for help with investigation, since it doesn't seem like your strong forte. The locals could also be of help, if you ask nicely enough. Besides, when or if you find a problem, contact us, and Katherina can have her whole army shipped down if need be"

Katherina answers Zaddion
"Yes, filtration masks are part of you additional equipment. The new governor took over everything the old one had, and yes, once you are done with him you will be granted access to search through all of his belongings, though i doubt he brought anything to his mansion. Try his office-suite first, that is where you will meet him anways"

"Any other questions?"

ArcturusV
2015-05-24, 06:26 AM
To others I didn't seem too upset over the answers I got, though there was just the barest hint of a frown. But the laughter still bothered me, and the fact that an honest question was used to humiliate my Elder and my ways. Still I wasn't a savage or a thug who was going to draw down on a stranger just over an insult like that. There was a good variety of reasons for that, not the least of which was that the likely result of such an action would be Katherine herself putting me down hard. I had little doubt she was capable of or willing to.

"What's the passcodes?" I followed up with once it was confirmed there was another team on the ground. I knew well enough how hard it could be to coordinate disparate teams after all. More than once or twice in their Regimental History the Blessed Bastards had gotten shelled by miscommunication with another Regiment, or found themselves under fire, mistaken for traitors in the chaos of a thick battle. Simple countersigns, means of identification, and so forth went a long way to help.

"... after all... friendly fire isn't," I quoted. I had no idea how the investigation would go, but if they were all looking into the same thing, there was likely to be a moment where they muddled against one another.

Turning to Katherina I added one last thought, since it was within my experience, "What about the Munitorium? Wouldn't be the first time a Supply Officer skimmed the top." I knew well how shipments got "misplaced" for the benefit of the clerks and officers who were responsible for it. It was at least worth making sure that someone was covering the other possible angle on a missing shipment or two. Particularly since Governors had changed, but the tithe ship officers may not have.

Budwar
2015-05-24, 07:09 AM
Morias

I´m having a bad feeling about the inquisitor Hector from the beginning. There is something about him I don´t like but I don´t know what it is.So I sit quietly on my chair trying to avoid any eye contact with anyone and mostly with Hector. Probably i won´t be a cell leader I think for myself. There are more capable acolytes among us, so I stay seated on my chair and leave the talking to the others. Because I´m not here to investigate, talk and maybe torture I´m here to shoot some bastards. So if someone tells me to kill someone I´ll do it as best as I can. That´s my job here. I really don´t care much about anything else.

Amused I look around with a hint of smile on my face.

luca0483
2015-05-24, 09:15 AM
A look of slight approval comes over Hector's face by Grish's new questions
"Katherina's Cell-Coordinator will take care of those kinds of details, and fill you in on them when you meet with him in the operater-room of hanger A"

Katherina answers Grish's other question
"The munitorum is indeed the part of the administratum that handles and distributes the military gear that they recieve. Normally, they could theoretically report a lower number than actually present, and ship the rest to their own holdings, but there are multiple hundred thousand people involved in the process, and there are stacks upon stacks of paperwork, cross-referencing and inspections to make sure that doesn't happen. Once the tithe has been registered as fullfilled and the cargo is in their hands, then they can do with it as they deem. Despite the security measures, to make sure that things are going correctly on the imperium's end, this tithe, as well as the previous, was not loaded onto a munitorum ship, it was loaded onto Hector's ship, with his crew overseeing the operation both on the ground and on the way to his cargo-holds. He will take the tithe to the sub-sector munitorum office where they will take over. The munitorum is ruled out as being the problem"

Cilvyn
2015-05-24, 09:51 AM
Lucrezia

I sit stil land silent listening to the explenation and briefing of the mission. Not a warzone I murmled to myself. I Didn't see why I would be assigned to this mission. I was simply a doctor, I am most usefull in a medical tent with equipment in my hands.

Getting information by any means necassary... I now understand why they need me. My knowledge of the human body and its weaknessess will be usefull when information is not spilled freely. I shiver. Somehow the idea of destroying a body goes against everything I have learned and I believe, but if my lay desires my biological expertese, who am I to question her.

I look a the others.. it bothers me that this guards man so bluntly asks his questions not showing much respect. I am worried how much he will be of help to this investigation. It requires tact, and much more than simply know how to fight. I wonder, maybe I was also called here to make sure our more combat focussed companions would be kept in check. I had alot of experience with guardsmen and women, I see how that would make sense.

I listen to the answers both inquisitors and when they ask if everything is clear I answer quickly:

"Everything is clear ma'am and if we hit any obstacle we cannot handle, we will contact you as soon as wel can.

Argentum
2015-05-24, 10:09 AM
I take in the information and process it, why was I chosen? Perhaps for my familiarity with Forge Worlds and to provide extra muscle for the cell, I look to the Cleric and Sister, one a man of faith, a preacher and the other a medic. The Cleric was perhaps here to aid in diplomacy, or make sure that everything followed the Imperial Creed to the letter.

The medic was here to provide aid if any fighting were to occur, and to use her knowledge of medicine to keep interrogated suspects alive if needed. Both were vital to the mission, but neither seemed like they would hold up well in a fight. That was what the feral world guardsman, I still hadn't learned his name, and I were here for.

I look to Zaddion and the masked Assassin that had followed us into the room, I had seen the assassin before, sniping targets with notable skill. The Assassin was no doubt placed in our cell in case strategic removal was required. Zaddion was a wild card, Psykers always were, but they could provide remarkable amounts of fire power if careful.

I return my gaze to the Inqusitors, my tone respectful. "Will there be any land vehicles provided? It would save much time and allow us to investigate the cause of this defieciency more quickly."

Bennosuke
2015-05-24, 12:50 PM
Waiting for a gap in the conversation, not to be rude or step on anyone's toes, I bring up several questions that have bubbled to the surface of my mind. "Although this is a simple question, since we will be starting with the Mecha-Official... well, what is his name?" I can feel my face flush with the impertinence of the question, "And, will he be expecting us? Will we be going as agents of the Inquisition, and to what extent should we make use of that authority? I suppose, I simply want to know how you wish us to approach this scenario. Please forgive the simplicity of such stupid questions that such a humble servant as myself may ask."

luca0483
2015-05-24, 03:34 PM
"Once you meet with the Cell Operations Coordinator, you can request a vehicle. If my memory serves me well, the smallest vehicle we have, with room enough for six, is the Tauros Transport-variant".

"The governor's name is Quasso Melnpot. He will expect somebody, he doesn't know who. You will be given the proper documents. Remember that being my acolytes doesn't always mean as much to people as others of same rank do. People around here have already done some for our continued operation, whether be it fuel, gear or information. Use your power where you deem, but do try to hold back, and instead use what you have yourself"

"This is turning towards the questions we were hoping you would save for the cell-coordinator. Unless you have any more to ask that you think only we can answer, time is ticking"

"Indeed. If that is all, you may return to your barracks and quarters to pack everything you deem needed. Meet the Cell Operations Coordinator in room a-001, the A-hangar's operater-room, for guidance and briefing on the details. Be there in, uh, how long has this taken?"
She checks her chronometer "Be there in two and a half hours"

ArcturusV
2015-05-24, 04:10 PM
So then it was either someone on the planet, or someone on Hector's ship. Probably not the man himself, though maybe some right hand adjutant considering the access needed. The man probably already combed his ship, either that, or Katherina herself was going to go over the crew. I shared a glance with the Lady Inquisitor, wondering if she knew what I was thinking, and if she was already on that same line and had made plans for it.

All in all this was a simple operation. Oh not quite as simple as a Line Battle, with both sides standing in the open, clearly marked by their unit colors, charging at one another to decisive battle. But it seemed a simple enough operation. There was an enemy in a rearward area of their unit, wrecking havoc on the supply depots. It was an action that myself, and most others of The Blessed Bastards had conducted on some level of another to earn their names and status. Oh I'm sure that they would try to tell him it was entirely a different sort of thing, but the fiddly details weren't as important as the general framework.

What were the steps to some successful raids? The enemy needed to have a clarity of purpose. It's a delicate operation, you're surrounded and can't face open odds. You have to know exactly what you're going for, and ignore extraneous temptations that might lead to discovery and mission failure. The enemy had to have appropriate means, the right sort of soldier and equipment for it. For raids on this seeming level that meant cargo haulers, it meant people who were not just hulking brutes but could both sneak and talk their way out of trouble. Intelligence was always an issue, you had to know exactly where your enemy's assets were, what forces were guarding it, defensive measures they were taking, and that usually meant either spies or long surveillance. Insertion was the key phase, they had to have a way to bypass the majority of forces to get to their target before anyone even has a chance to know what was going on. Considering the weight they were likely moving, that meant covert insertion and disguises. Execution had to be high, you had to have disciplined troops who wouldn't startle at the situation and knew how to adapt to changing circumstances quickly, it wasn't the sort of operation that whiteshields walked away from without being insanely lucky. Exit Strategy was the final step, they had to have some way to escape. Considering the lack of leads so far, most likely another covert means before the discrepancy was noticed by the armory officers and warehouse managers, but they had to be prepared to take out enemy resistance as well, so they had to be fairly well armed if it came down to it.

I snorted a little as I considered the problem. "... so we have allies helping the enemies with security clearances and passcodes. They must have vehicle support, and be armed to consider such actions. Most likely they know the contents of any storehouse they are looting, and are going for specific inventory. Means it is part of a larger plan, perhaps a mass insurrection. Implies a distinct leadership and chain of command, hardened core of enemy forces with untrained civilian help. Insurrection is likely in the early stages, considering the actions taken and lack of more overt action mentioned such as riots and heretical gatherings..."

I was used to such open musing, it allowed the Elders to see what I was thinking, and correct any misconceptions that I might be having or add in details that might have been outside of my experience.

Seanfall
2015-05-24, 05:14 PM
Zaddion

"That may indeed be the case my Mountainous Associate. People forget sometimes, the power of the Imperium. The strength it weilds, and who stands at it's BURNING HEART! They must be reminded with flame and bolt, shot and shell!...But first we must hunt and smoke out the traitors. Then...then they shall burn." I smile and it nearly reaches my ears. "Oooooh this shall be...an experience." My eyes close and I take in a breath nearly trembling with excitement.

"The Fire is hungry. If that is all then I say we gather our belongings and be off."

Cilvyn
2015-05-24, 05:21 PM
Lucrezia

I look at the two inquisitors to see if this really is the end of the conversation. Then I stand up and, bow to the lord and lady and nod to my fellow companions and hurry back to the sickbay. There is still some work to be done, orders to give to those tending to the sick for when I am gone. Quikly I put on a nurse apron and get inside the bay.

Toshley, make sure you got enough fluids for these two here. Thalid, I want to you copy this prescriptions for the guardsman in bed 21 They need to be in order for tomorrow and also given out to those in beds 22-37. Yes exactly the same. Come on there is not much time, just write them and make sure they get it, daily.

I walk through the lines of beds looking at all the patients, making sure I am not forgetting someone. Sometimes I stop saying a little prayer for a poor soul who is fighting for his life. I hold his hands and together whisper a prayer to sooth his pain and ease his mind.

No, no Jesica, not like that, here let me show you. Easy with the needle and make sure to make them close toghether, we don't want it to get infected, do we?

Why did they ask me to go? I simply cannot be missed here, there is so much work to be done, people to care fore and other medics to train. I think to my self. Please let the Emperor protect them while I'm gone.
a
When I finished my round AND my double check round I retire to my quarters and pack my belongings. I help myself in my body armour, although I do not expect any combat, the armour shows who I am even more than my fine clothes do. I pack my helmet with my other belongings though. I don't think I will need it plus my face would be more usefull in this situation i presume.

I look at the time and see I have to hurry. My rounds in the sickbay seem to have taken longer than I expected. They always do. I take my belongings and get back to the meeting room and arrive early.

Argentum
2015-05-24, 09:57 PM
I nod, satisfied at the accomodations and commit the Planetery Governor's name to memory. Nodding at the Lady Inquisitor's dismissal, I stand up and stride to the exit. "I shall make my preparations then." Leaving the meeting room, I begin the long walk back to my quarters, located on the other side of the ship.

It takes me half an hour to reach my quarters and another five to put on my flak armor, Autogun and pack my equipment. Inquisitor Katherina is of the Ordo Hereticus, for her assistance to be requested, heresy on the forge world was likely suspected. Therefore, it would be prudent for me to bring my full combat gear, Lasgun, Autogun, Shotgun, Sword and pack of grenades.

Perhaps my actions were merely that of paranoia, but it was better to be prepared than not, no matter the situation. And so, I make my walk to the Room A-001, moving at a more relaxed pace than my return to the quarters.

It was a pleasant surprise to see Sister Lucrezia already waiting, I nod to her in greeting and approval.

Seanfall
2015-05-25, 02:49 AM
Zaddion

Standing with the others, I decided it's time to make my exit as well. "I should gather my things as well. I thank you for this honor Lord Inquisitor." I bow deeply, my blonde hair dangles about my head as I bend. I turn and make my exit, straightening as I do.

The walk back to my quarters is difficult, my body tingles and I fight to keep the grin off my face. Finally when I close the doors behind me do relax, "HAHAHAHAHA! MY FAITH...IS REWARDED THIS DAY!" My body contorts as I exclaim it to the world, "I'd have been happy with my place. It was fine." Yes it was, I think to myself as I gather my things. A holster for a Revolver, extra rounds. The Revolver.."But it seems I am to be tested, and test others, A servant of the Holy Inquisition. I can spread the flame, can you feel it ashen ones? YOU CANNOT QUELL THIS FIRE IT WILL SPREAD AND ENGULF ALL YOUR SHADOWS! THE FAITHFUL WILL BE UNTOUCHED AS IT PASSES OVER THEM ONLY THE MUTANT, THE XENOS...THE the.."

My eyes are drawn to my mirror, sweat rolls down my forehead and face, the makeup upon me starting to run. Sitting heavily I stare at it at my reflection. "The Psyker...need fear it's flames.." Closing my eyes my head rests heavily in my hands. "Emperor above...why me? I will carry the burning torch that is my soul. But, why me? They were polite, but I could see it in some of them how they look at me. Fear and hate is this my fate? To be a weapon seen only as such?" My eyes open and a grin spreads across my face I reapply the smeared cosmetics.

"THEN SO BE IT! I WILL BURN AND BURN TILL ALL THAT IS LEFT IS SMOKE! HAHAHAHAHA!" Yes yes, I take my revolver and stare down it's Iron sights, Giddy. My fingers play over it, before stowing it in it's holster. "Come here my sweets, your prince of smoke and flame has something to say." I chuckle and finish gathering my things. Including an old Axe from my homeworld. Not much for combat, but...perhaps as a tool of execution.

I burst from my room, my things in tow and practically sprint down the corridors, leaping through bulkheads. "Yes yes yesyesyesyesyesyesyes."

Cilvyn
2015-05-25, 10:25 AM
Lucrezia

I see Solaria coming, also [acked with her stuff. It is nice to be alone with just the two women of our group.

I nod friendly at her as wel and start the conversation.

"So, Solaria, if I am not mistaken? Quite exciting right? I mean we both have seen our fair share of battles, but this is something else. What do you think of the rest of our Men? I put the emphasis on 'men' with a smile.

I think we have quite an.. well odd group. I mean not you and the other guardsman, the cleric too. I wonder how we will work together and what is expected from us, the ones who don't really have fought on the front line... but maybe that is just why they chose them. This is no battlefield as our lady inquisitor mentioned to Grish.

However I do feel a bit sad I have to leave here. Working at the hospital is something I enjoy very much. I think you like going out there or what do you think?

Argentum
2015-05-25, 10:43 AM
Sister Lucrezia returns my nod in a friendly fashion, throwing question after question. Quite the chatty one, this medic. I think amusedly, hiding my smile. "Whether or not I enjoy going into the battlefield matters little, I will perform my duty to the best of my ability." I finally get a chance to answer as the Sister pauses in her questioning.

I consider the rest of her questions, my thoughts on our cellmates. "Our cell seems to be rather combat oriented, two guardsmen, an assassin, a psyker and a medic. The only one of our cell that does not focus in a combat related role is Brother Novus, I suspect that he was selected for his talent in speaking, negotiations and such."

I take a short pause to catch my breath. "However, on a Forge World, I am unsure of how much use he will be." The Ecclesiarch and Imperial Creed did not have as large a hold on Forge Worlds and the Adeptus Mechanicus as they did with the rest of the Imperium, the Cleric's words would weigh less on this world than others.

"I wonder if this truly shall not be a battlefield we are being sent into, why have our cell be filled with so many combat specialists otherwise? When there are already four other cells present, perhaps we are merely to provide backup. We certainly are not the best suited group for investigation."

Cilvyn
2015-05-25, 11:02 AM
Lucrezia

I nod agreeing with the guardswoman's words.

Yes, indeed. I pause a bit thinking for a second and then continue I might be of help in the negotiations too. I have some exeprience dealing with poeple in power and although the cleric outmatches me in knowledge about the imperial creed, my status might open some door otherwise closed for a party like us.it depends really on howmuch influence the imperium really has on this world and how Emperorfearing the elite of this planet is.

I stand a little closer to Solaria, feeling more comfortable in her prensence now we talked a little.

Where do you come from? I have met most of our cell already, although I do not remember much of them. I do not have to tell you how it is when the the canons blaze hardest and death is all around you. You simply do as you are trained to. What brings you here in the inquisitors service?

Argentum
2015-05-25, 11:50 AM
I nod in agreement, I had not considered that Sister Lucrezia's status may give us more options in negotiation, the Adepta Sorititas were not ones that I had worked with very much in the past. She shifts and stands closer to me, asking me about my past.

"I was part of the Skitarii Tech-Guard, my company was assigned to defend an Explorator Magos' ship and I was in his service for several years. He later returned to my home world to swap my fatigued company for a fresh group. It was then that the Lady Inquisitor recruited me and several other members of my former company, I've served with her for a few years by now."

Of course, by fatigued, I meant that by that point, most of the men in my company had fallen and the Explorator Magos' retinue size was dangerously small. But that did not matter, there was no need for such details in a conversation as light as this. "What of yourself, Sister Lucrezia?"

Budwar
2015-05-25, 12:16 PM
Morias

Watching everyone standing up and leaving the room I also stand up, bow to the inquisitors and go back to my baracks. When I come into my quarters I take my hunting rifle from under the bed, pack all my stuff and because i have plenty of time i head to a shooting range. I love shooting very very much and I´m quite good at it I would say.
After an hour or so of training i disassemble my rifle and clean her. Then I head to the hangar bay where others should be waiting.

ArcturusV
2015-05-25, 01:23 PM
After the meeting wound down, my thoughts confirmed or denied as they were, I found myself quickly packing for the mission. It didn't take long, the Blessed Bastards traveled light, prone to living off the land and moving quickly rather than digging in for protracted deployments. Most of what I needed I carried on me. No, why I returned to my quarters was less about packing my belongings (Which I noted I was alone in bringing my full combat loadout to this meeting), and more about strike down. I made sure there was no trace of me left in that room, no smudge of my sweat and grease, no left over remains of a ration pack, everything upright and touching. When I left that room 50 minutes later, the place was as clean and clear as it had been the day it had rolled out of the Manufactorum.

After that, I made my way to one of the few locations I knew by heart on the ship the mess hall. Or rather Galley as the locals called it. A distinction that had always confused him as he normally heard soldiers call it a Mess. I quietly grabbed what was likely to be my last meal on this ship for a long time, sat down and chatted with some men I recognized from the Lines, swapping stories of past glories far romanticized beyond any truth. Stories about impossible shots surely guided by the Emperor, how my arrow managed to fell a Heretical Leman Russ Main Battle Tank, or how Wraxel managed to punch a Traitor Marine so hard in the ceramite armored knee that the whole leg exploded, instantly killing the traitor, or how Talia survived an orbital bombardment called in by her commander, glassing the entire city that her unit (And the enemy) was in, coming out of it with only a slight burn scar on her face.

Good people, good times. It wasn't the Blessed Bastards, but it was camaraderie that I was unlikely to get among the others, judging from how they behaved so far. There was a deep longing and a growing sense of... something... I couldn't quite place it, growing inside me. I missed my home, my family, my regiment. The people here were friendly enough, but it wasn't the same as being surrounded by thousands of men I had grown up with, shed blood and tears with, and been through hell with. There was always that question in the back of my mind, that if I needed them, would these people be there for me, the same way my Family would be?

As I finished my meal, got directions to the Hanger in Question from them, and said my farewells, it was with a heavy heart. This place had never been home for me. Everything was too strange, everyone looked at me as if I didn't quite fit in. And now I was going into a mission with people I knew even less of and had less connection with, for the Mountains know how long.

As I entered the hanger, my brow was furrowed in thought, a clear frown on my face as I pondered these things. Everyone else had apparently gotten there quite before me, and had plenty of time to chit chat. Except for my facial expression I appeared much the same as I had back in the briefing room. Combat loadout on me, painted flak armor, scored with markings on the forearms. An axe at my belt ready to be put to use, bows and arrows on my back, knoif in a thigh mounted sheathe on my right side, Lasgun over my right shoulder vertically. Most of my gear stowed in webbing and storage pouches and pockets distributed across my Flak Armor, keeping me light and balanced.

I said nothing to the others as I entered, still rolling over my own dark thoughts in my head.

Cilvyn
2015-05-25, 03:12 PM
Lucrezia

Please Solaria, my friends call me Lucia. We girls should stick together.

I was recruited half a of Holy Terra year back on my homeplanet Ma'kar. I fought in rebellion there and the lady inquisitor came down from the sky with troops and won the battle for us. Afterwards she asked me to come along. How could I say no? I fought with her soldiers at the front, saw them die, saved many of them from dying in the medicae tents. So it was no big change for me to go with them.

Been working in the medical bay ever since and 'going down' as I call it with the soldiers when we have a war to fight.

When the others come in I nod at them and take the initiative as I am used to raise the spirit of the soldiers before we go into battle. Although I know this will not be ride down to the planet's surface when guns blazing and as soon the door opens we have to run out and shoot at everything that moves, still something insides me wants to make sure everyon is ready to go.

You look ready Grish. Very good I see your brought your clan's weapons I look at the axe Does it have a name reflecting your heroic deeds?

Seanfall
2015-05-25, 04:13 PM
Zaddion

Finally entering the Hanger, I saw several had already gathered. "Ah good most of us are here." Lady Lucrezia catches my eye. I open to speak to her, but she's already begun a conversation with the Mountain named Grish.

"Mmm...Lady Sister Lucrezia, after you are finished speaking with him, There is a matter of importance I would speak to you on before we take off."

Cilvyn
2015-05-25, 05:16 PM
Lucrezia

I look at the psyker. "Grish, I am sorry I really want to know your story, can we delay it after I speak with Zaddion?" I smile warmly then walk towards Zaddion "Private?" If Zaddion gives any sign of agreement I walk with him to the nearest place where we can talk privatly

Seanfall
2015-05-25, 09:57 PM
Zaddion

I walk with the sister, the fire is low yet still smoldering. It's waiting to burst, always waiting to burn. "You are no doubt aware of the dangers of the 'Other world'...the warp." I shake a little as I speak, "Even when not facing the dangers directly there is always a chance that I might become. Possessed."

My pace halts and I turn fully to the sister. "If this occurs, and you can confirm it. Or if I give you a signal, say I blink twice rapidly or a keyword. Assuming I am able to wrest control for even a moment. You must, without hesitation. Kill me."

Bennosuke
2015-05-25, 10:01 PM
Bowing deeply and showing my respects to the two Inquisitors, I make way back to the my quarter in the men's wing of the Ship's Temple. Having lived the life of an asthetic, I have very few belongings to pack up. Gathering up my few robes and prayer shawls back into their travel satchel, I turn to a hard box suitcase. The plasteel chrome reflects a distorted view of golden lenses. Inside the case are two of my most precious belongings. A black pronged battle mace and a long Kite Shield with with the boss of the Adeptus Ministrorum painted on the front. Gifted by the Church of St. Barnibuss on Aurorus II, these were my weapons of choice, weapons I had prayed I would never use again. Removing the shield and a small polishing kit, I begin to oil down the heavy metal surface.

Lost in ruminations about the days events, and the sweet meditation of daily labor, it is almost within the third hour mark before I realize I must be going. Stripping off my robes, I dawn the heavy flak vest, and hide it under my Clerical robes. A large leather belt straps the mace and Kite Shield to my back and with my satchel of belongings in hand, make my way to the Debriefing room. With some embarrassment, it appears I am nearly the last to arrive. Smiling warmly, I say, "Greetings brothers. I humbly apologize for being late. I hope I have not missed much."

ArcturusV
2015-05-25, 11:34 PM
I was stirred out of my thoughts for a bit when I noticed that the Sister wanted my attention, asking me a question. I didn't have much time to process it though before one of the others from the earlier war meeting had pulled her aside to chatter about something else. Giving it a shrug I instead focused my attention to the companions. In particular, studying their physical presence, the weight and build of their bodies, length of their stride, sizes of their feet, radial clearances of their arms and shoulders. All useful information that could be used later if I had to track down one of them, you never knew when the war zone would split you up.

The last to be studied was our good friend, Brother Quarl, mostly because he wasn't even there until I had already started my studies. He looked more like I remembered him now, with the weapon and the shield. Despite all the protests of their elders, he saw he wasn't the only one who was looking at this mission as going to war. The only one of them that seemed unarmored was the relatively quiet figure who liked to lurk alone. Though even he had packed a weapon, and judging from the looks probably figured lightweight and stealth made up for armoring. Not that I agreed, since I knew I could be light weight AND protected as well.

There was a sort of calmness that came over me as I finished up, I was as prepared as I could be for the mission. It was out of my hands, and into the great Emperor's if I was to actually succeed now. Not a prospect that worried me in the slightest. That was the deal after all, you venerate the Emperor, you toil and serve in his name, you do all you can do... and he will make sure that you are rewarded.

Budwar
2015-05-26, 01:03 AM
Morias

Entering the hangar I can see that everyone else are already there ready and waiting for departure. But They aren´t together. One of the women and the psyker, who I know from my scope, stand aside and talking about something in private. So I stay by the entrance waiting for the others to be back together. Then I go directly to them and as I join them I nod, clear my throat and say with a hoarse voice: „Greeting everyone. I think it´s the right time to introduce myself. So my name´s Morias and I´m supposed to be your marksman."

Cilvyn
2015-05-26, 03:59 AM
Lucrezia

When you ask me this questions I take your hand in mine and look at you with a sincere but powerfull look. If ever the warp takes a hold of you and you will no longer be able to controll these powers I say with a friendly voice, but then my face hardens. I will smite you down, and let the fire of the emperor consume your body cleanse your soul My look gets softer again and the grip on your hand losens. I have all the confident in the universe you will be alright Zaddion, but if the time ever comes, I will be there. Thank you for trusting me with this. I let go of your hand and nod one time to boost your confidence. Let's get back to the group, it would not be polite to come late for the cell coordinators debrieving.

When we get back I nod at our marksman. Sister Lucrezia, at your service.

Bennosuke
2015-05-26, 05:31 AM
"Brother Quarl Novus, of the Church of St. Barnabuss at your service." I give a deep bow in mock courtliness, but arise with a warm grin on my face to indicate everyone is in on the joke. "Are we all gathered?"

Argentum
2015-05-26, 05:59 AM
Sister Lucrezia answers my question enthusiastically, before quickly moving onto the other guardsman. I still hadn't caught his name, that realization annoys me slightly but I ignore it and stand by a corner, quietly waiting for the cell operator's arrival.

Soon, Zaddion and Brother Novus arrive, with the psyker pulling Sister Lucrezia away for a private word before the other guardsman has a chance to reply.

The Assassin arrives soon after, taking the chance to introduce himself. "Solaria, guardswoman." I reply, nodding to Morias in acknowledgement.

luca0483
2015-05-26, 12:11 PM
As each of you arrive, you see that the operator room currently is a very busy place. People go from desk to desk with papers, office-men answering vox-calls and comm-calls, cogigator-servitors and scribes printing documents. Nobody seems to be ready for you yet, so you go off to the side into the waiting hall, currently empty, where you meet each-other as you arrive.

About half a minute before you actually were supposed to arrive, while in the middle of introducing the last arriving member, you suddenly hear a voice coming towards you
"No, you are not!"

You see the most energetic 60-odd years old man you have ever seen, coming over to you, pointing at Morias while speaking his sentence, before pointing at Solaria
"And no, you are not! Sorry for breaking it to you"

He takes his time to shake hands with each of you, all the while saying:
"Hello, my name is Rasto, I am chief of the cell-operations coordiantors here. We call it OpCo for short. We are very strict about using the correct rank for people, otherwise the paperwork gets messed up. Come with me into my office, i will explain the basics to you"
He takes you into his office

First things first: Rank. You are from now on acolytes, so your short-form rank is acolyte, and your long-form rank is whatever you had before, followed by acolyte. For example, your guy with the sniper, he called himself a marksman. Now, if we suppose this is true, he would now have the full rank of marksman acolyte, but it isn't, so he hasn't" He looks at Morias "Sorry dude, it's not to make fun, it's just an old habit"

"So, Your ranks.
Lucia: Field Doctress Acolyte. Yes, i know your names, i've read your files.
Morias: Sniper-Weapon Specialist Acolyte. Medium-form is just Specialist Acolyte.
Solaria: Assault-Weapon Specialist Acolyte. Same goes for you.
Grish: Assault-Weapon Specialist Acolyte. I got it upgraded from Soldier Acolyte for you.
Zaddion: Sanctioned Psyker Acolyte. We'll make that Pyromancer Acolyte in due time.
Quarl: Combat Cleric Acolyte"

"Any questions before i move on to team-roles, gear and assignment?"

Seanfall
2015-05-26, 01:24 PM
Zaddion

Earlier: "Thank you for understanding Sister. I hope you do not need to carry out the task, but I must be a realist."

Now: "Pyromancer Acolyte, yes yes I like the sound of that. Hehehehe." I glance around at the others. I had nothing to say, but I'm not going to speak for the others.

ArcturusV
2015-05-26, 07:23 PM
I grunted in reply to the handshake and the title. If the old man knew anything about my people? Well... there was a reason we typically didn't get along well with his type. Names were important, it wasn't just a designator, it was something that shaped you and your reality. It's why we kept our name, but changed our number. It's why we earned our True Names when we completed our first mission, forgetting our old. It's why we were careful to name anything, and never so foolish as to casually name any particular feature or item, lest you bring the spirits of misfortune and darkness upon you.

I had a feeling this excitable elder was not going to understand it, and that there would be problems down the road between what was Right, and what he demanded.

All this talk of ranks and titles reminded him of the issues with working with other Regiments. It was a problem their own chain of command often had, and others definitely had. There was no 'ranks' per se. No Sergeant First Class, Lance Corporal, Brigadier General, and so on and so forth. You were either a Whiteshield, an untested warrior, a warrior, or informally, an elder, someone with knowledge an experience to share. Glancing around at most here I pegged them as Warriors, most carried themselves that way, no one that I expected to break and run at the first sign of trouble or be unused to bringing their weapons to bear in righteous anger. None of them seemed to bear the excessive markings of experience either, so there was no clear elder to look towards for advice.

I was on my own.

Bennosuke
2015-05-27, 05:15 AM
The ranking seemed silly, but there was more important information to get to. I shrug my shoulders as if to say, Nope, no questions, go ahead.

Budwar
2015-05-27, 11:08 AM
Morias

When Rasto is coming, shouting and pointing at me I really don´t know what is going on and I´m a bit confused. I look around trying to find someone who might have an idea. But when Rasto explains that all this happened only because of using a wrong rank I start feelling more relaxed. And after his last remark on my person I gruffly answer him: „Yeah, whatever, sir.“ But I don´t mean it as disrespectful as it could sound.
Then I just keep my mouth shut to not to say anything stupid to make Rasto stop his talking.

Argentum
2015-05-27, 02:08 PM
The ranking change surprised me, but it made sense, we were being promoted to Acolytes, it was only logical that Acolytes would have a different ranking system than the ones that we had been given in our previous roles. I merely shake my head in answer to Rasto's question, having no questions to ask so far.

Cilvyn
2015-05-28, 04:25 AM
Lucrezia

Field Doctress was something I was used to so I jsut nod when the man mentions my rank.

"No further questions, sir."

luca0483
2015-05-28, 12:12 PM
"Now, we take on teamwork. I have been here doing this since before some of you were born. I have seen more acolyte-cells come and go than Katherina is willing to admit. I know how the lot of you think, it's my job. If there only is one thing that has been true again and again through my career, then it is that new members never know how it is going to be as an acolyte. There is always some misconceptions clocking up the mental pipes"

"Grish. I see your armour-marks, i saw you looking around with that look on your face. I've read of your regiment, dealt with ferals before. You are looking for an elder, thinking there is none you can turn to, thinking i don't understand. Guess what, i do. We are looking into a way of letting your regiment do your thing without strict ranks. And there are elders here.
Look at Lucia here. Think of all that bloodshed in your last battle, all of the killing and struggle, the annihilation that occurred. That was only one battle under our inquisitor. Your regiment may have been sent into some desperate battles, won over impossible odds, but with Katherina it's a notch further. You may be thrown into some ****, we go looking for it. Our guys get sent down when the people have been abandoned by their superiors, when their luck have run out, and when the shadow of the enemy looms ever closer like an unholy beast. In just the half year Lucia has been with us, she has seen eleven of those kinds of battles, not even counting the smaller ones. Or you can look past her, over at Solaria, she have been on the front lines of nineteen of those battles. If you want elders, look there"

"Morias, you think you are here to pop some heads. Hate to tell you, but you are not only here for that. You will get your fair share of challenging shots, do not worry, but that is not all you are here to do for the group. Depending on the situation, you will be the group's sentry, spotter, distraction, infiltrator, and whatever you else are able to contribute with, including assassin, yes"

"You people need to learn about and really trust in each other before you set foot onto the surface, for once it gets hectic down there, you are all you got. Katherina train people through battle so that you all know how to survive. This is because she sends her acolytes to the places where heresy and war looms just beneath the surface, ready to kill them silently while nobody else looked. You will probably be on the receiving end of a couple of assassination attempts down there. Morias knows all about it, he's been here before. He was making a fat buck as an mercenary for hire, offing important people, when Paddick's cell picked him up on this planet a while ago. But the assassination attempts will be just that: attempts. They won't succeed. Our lady has some way of knowing who to put together, i don't know how, though i have a hunch. No matter what her method is, being selected by her means you are special, you have a destiny to fulfill. I've never seen an acolyte die during their first mission"

"We will send you down there in a P2V9 variant Valkyrie. Due to the slightly larger wings of the craft, and the heavier atmosphere and the stable temperature on the planet, there will be less wind-turmoil than normal, so you will have plenty of time to talk while on your way down. Take this opportunity to get close. You'll only get access to the acolyte armoury after this first mission is done, and we have allready set aside a filtration mask and some Meal Rations each, with a single dose of Lieless should you need it, but is there anything else you would need from the main armoury?"

ArcturusV
2015-05-28, 02:40 PM
... was he a witch?

I didn't know much about Witches. But I knew what the priests said about them. That they were bad. That the Mountain Gods hated them almost (Or perhaps more, it was never all that clear as the Gods seemed to change their minds frequently) than the Outsiders. They were people to tie to the altars, and purge with fire so that they might no longer offend the sight of the Mountains.

I couldn't be sure. Witches supposedly had strange abilities, able to see the future or the past, or peer into a man's soul. I reflexively closed my eyes and looked down, trying to break contact so that the Witch may not enter through my eyes and steal my soul. Quite loudly I started chanting, "Great Mountain Emp-Rah, Ruler of Sky and Fire, Keep Soul safe from Danger, Cast out to Blight Stone the Evil. Soul is strong, Soul lives clean, Soul safe in Your Earth."

I flashed the sign of the Aquila, "Eve Emp-Rah-Ta."

Of course I never had a way of knowing the Cleric and Sister might find such a Prayer odd, maybe even borderline Heretical. It was merely the faith as I knew it, passed down through countless generations from the Age of Prophecy until the Coming of the Stone Titans, and onwards to the Great Tribal Wars in Heaven.

My hands were trembling a little. Battle was one thing. To stare down the guns of the Enemies and put aside fear in the name of the great Mountains was a simple task. To face those who could do much, much worse than merely injure or kill you was an entirely different thing. Perhaps if the Stone Titans were here? Perhaps if the others suggested this Witch had to be Purged? Or perhaps they didn't seem to care about his Witchcraft?

I glanced over at the others, in particular the Sister Lucia, to see just what was supposed to happen now.

luca0483
2015-05-28, 03:31 PM
"Did i say anything wrong, Grish? Was i too harsh?"
Rasto looks around confused

ArcturusV
2015-05-28, 04:39 PM
"Soul Stealer, Mind Taker, Spirit Talker!" I said in a booming voice, taking strength from the hatreds and righteous furies that those words meant. "See my Soul and Tell of It!" I added, wondering if the others seemed to notice or actually understand what it was that Ratso had done to me. I kept my eyes closed, and my hands clasped on my helmet where my ears would lurk underneath. "Condemn the Witch! Cleave to the Mountains!" I was starting to pace in tight little circles now as if I could block it out.

Of course it never came to my mind that the man somehow just had a way of knowing what exactly I was thinking of without it being Witchcraft. The Ecclesiarchy had drilled me too well, when in doubt, brand someone as a Witch, after all. It was the only way to be certain. The Mountain Emperor hated Witches after all, as did all his righteous children.

Bennosuke
2015-05-28, 08:39 PM
If the poor boy keeps shaking he may pop! Taking a few steps towards the Guardsman. A quote from the scriptures of Portents and Prophecies comes to mind, and with ease I declare their holy words to the poor Grish, "And Mine enemies shall know themselves, for they shall fear My wrath/With flame and shell My enemies will be smitten and they shall know no shelter/From the sons and daughters of the Emperor of Man".

It was a quote I knew both in High and Low Gothic, but the latter suited this scenario better. Having captured Grish's attention, I rest a hand on his shoulder, "Fear not my brother, for this man can be no Heretic, for he has shelter in the arms of the Inquisition." I allow the soldier to look deep into my eyes, as I say this, knowing the captivating effect they have on most people.

ArcturusV
2015-05-28, 09:24 PM
I slowed down as the Priest grabbed a hold of me. Opening my eyes to look into a fairly familiar face. Most of the words didn't make sense to me, they weren't from 'my book' so to speak, but the calming nature was clear, and nodding slowly I seemed to be breathing more slowly and easing the tension out of my body. Inquisition. Witches in service to Katherina. Supposedly on his side. They warned him of moments like this. That some Guardsmen actually fought with Witches on their side! How insane was that? How did the priests in the regiment not just chop them in half with those giant roaring weapons of theirs?

I let out a long, slow breath, my hand coming up to pat Quarl's on my shoulder, letting him know I was okay. Though I added, "Leave souls alone witch!" shooting a glance at Rasto. After all, it wasn't Rasto's, or mine.

Seanfall
2015-05-28, 11:12 PM
Zaddion

"Well I would like something to keep the enemies weapon from my flesh..." My train of thought Derails the moment Grish starts yelling. The words, though not new are perhaps directed towards the wrong person. My hand grips my staff hard and I cast my eyes down, Memories flicker at the back of my mind and I smell Ash on the winds.

Sticks and stones pelting me again and again, AND I WANT MORE! I feel the fire growing and! My mind snaps back to the here and now and I stare up at Grish smiling and chuckling.

"Oh my it's a tune I've heard before, yes yes, This is my favorite song! Dance to the drum beat of the ballistic, fetishistic, sadistic piss-stick! Let the bullets scrape me clean, and drown my sins in a sea of lead!" That even less coherent then usual, I'm either getting better or worse at this.

luca0483
2015-05-29, 01:34 AM
"Me, a witch? Hahaha, oh, that's a new one. No boy, i'm not a witch. I didn't look into your soul, i simply saw your actions. If a thin ragged man tries to get into the canteen, he is probably hungry. If a feral looks around with the expression you made, you are most probably looking for a leader-figure. Wisdom of the elders, if you will, we know things. Besides, witches are psykers, warp-people, that have not bathed their souls in the power of the emperor. Psykers that have, are all good. Zaddion here will tell you all about it, i have read that he remembers that experience fondly. Which reminds me, Zaddion, i'll write a vest on your list. Anything else?"

Argentum
2015-05-29, 04:17 AM
I sigh softly as Grish, I finally learned his name, begins screaming nonsense about witches at the top of his lungs. The cell coordinator was of the Inquisition, the chances of him being a psyker was minimal and it was far more likely that he'd simply had experience with other Feral worlders or had read Grish's file.

My hand lingers near my Laspistol holster, ready to draw it should Grish turn violent against the 'witch'. Thankfully, Brother Novus calms him down before it can go too far and Rasto confirms my suspicions, he had prior experience with Feral worlders.

"Inquisitor Katherina had mentioned that we would be receiving additional gear before we left for the Forge World. She also informed us that we could request for land vehicles to use on this mission, she suggested the Tauros Transport-Variant." I speak for the first time since entering Rasto's office.

luca0483
2015-05-29, 08:53 AM
"As i said when i was interupted, you get a filter mask and some MRs per head, plus a dose of Lieless, for getting the truth out, and now a flak-vest. Oh, and a vox-caster, i forgot about that one. You want wheels? I will arrange for a Sky-talon to come along with a Tauros M2P. More stuff, or is that enough?"

Cilvyn
2015-05-29, 10:04 AM
Lucrezia

My eyes turn dark and my lips tremble. I almost set a step forward but I take a hold of myself when the Guardsman flings such insults to a man of the inquisition, smoeone higher ni rank and much more knowledgable about the creed of the.. Emp Ra Ta? "EMP RA TA?, That's heresy!" I step forward. SIr, Permission to send this heretic back to this blasphemus Emp Ra Ta, Sir! My voice is high pitched. The caring sweet nurse I was a few minutes ago is suddenly gone untill the Cleric starts quoting the holy scriptures.

I close my eyes and start mumbling myself as well

Our Emperor, deliver us,
From the blasphemy of the Fallen.
Our Emperor, deliver us,
From the blasphemy of the Fallen.
Our Emperor, deliver us.

It is soft and hardly loud enough to hear, although the line that I repeat is said a little louder. I inhale and exhale deeply and turn my head down, my cheeks glow red, is it from anger or am I ashamed? you can't tell. I play with the ring on my lft hand, twistnig it around my finger nervously.

My apologies , Sir. It is not my place. We should trust eachother, or at least be able to work together if we want to succeed in this mission. I am sorry I acted out of line and bring this mission in depudy.

I step back still my head bowed down.

Seanfall
2015-05-29, 01:12 PM
Zaddion

My eyes go wide at the sister's outburst, but I nod to Ratso. "Thank you, a vest would be much appreciated." I approach the sister and offer a hand on her shoulder. "I share your confusion, Sister Lucrezia. But see this not as an act of Heresy, simply naivety. At one time none of us knew of the Emperor, we all had to be taught. That is what this is a chance to teach."

luca0483
2015-05-29, 01:50 PM
"Request Denied!" Rasto shouts back in Lucia's head, suddenly holding an imperial eagle on a neck-chain, which he must have had hidden in the folds of his loose adepta-robes.

As you stepped back, he put it away again, and he then went on to asking Grish what was wrong.

Once Lucia apologise, he thanks you. Then he shakes his head, not dismissively, but rather burdened.

"I don't know what heap of coincidences and future potential makes you best suited as the main team of this joined operation, but the inquisitor has said so, and she has very rarely ever been wrong. Do not make her. Which reminds me, Tibu told me you did this, the short guy: If you ever again see another Inquisitor than Katherina, do not call them lord inquisitor, just don't. Each on their own is fine, not together, i'll explain another day"

"The important thing you get right now is that you have all met with Katherina, and you have all been allowed onboard her ship. No heretic has ever had that luxury. Ever. Is That UNDERSTOOD? You have been chosen for this, the people around you have been chosen for this, they are good people. By the saints, there is not a person here that you should not be able to trust, and yet you behave like this. If there is nothing more you want from the armoury, or anything else you want to say, let us move on from this, you will have plenty of time to work out this mess, during your descend. That way, i can finally get explain what i think you should do once you get down there. Does anyone have anything to say before i do that?"

ArcturusV
2015-05-29, 02:37 PM
I grunted a bit, as things went on around me. The Healer threatened me, but I didn't rise up the bait. No grabbing my axe, nor did I draw forth on my bow. I owed her a debt for the healing. She bore the marks of faith on her armor and gear, and was worth listening to and respecting. Even if her actions made no sense at the moment. I had seen that before, prophets and shamans overcome by the visions of the Emperor's true spirit, in fervors that sounded on the very edge of insanity, but there was little doubting their divinity when they performed their acts of faith.

Turning to Rasto, a look of confusion on my face as he brandished the double headed eagle (Which he recognized as a mark of Servants of the Mountain Emperor. of course). I... didn't know what to think of all of this. But the man was asking a clear question, and I could at least latch onto that.

"Lacking gear," I pointed to several empty spots on my weapon storage, distributed over my armor. "Normally have the rocks that explode. Twisted stone showers or rending metal beasts. Sometimes dust. Sometimes great fury and light. All useful." I explained, referencing Frag, Krak, Smoke, and Stun Grenades respectively. "Fury and Light important. May need to capture." Yes, I knew well of raids and extractions, and having a stunned, disorientated target...

"Ooo, ropes too." I added, you needed that when you stunned someone hard to secure them quickly.

luca0483
2015-05-30, 07:05 AM
Rasto sighs
"Explosives and rope noted. That's the last you gonna get though. Do try to bring some of this back, or bring some other equipment as compensation. It's a forgeworld where things are going missing, there's bound to be some stuff lying around"

"Here's my thoughts on this mission. If somebody doesn't cooperate when it's important, the governor or someone else, and if it comes to interrogation, or worse, if torture becomes necessary, then i have a tip for you. Use Lucia's skills to keep them alive, not to make them talk. You are all troopers, you know how to bring the pain, but we need them alive in order for them to give us the information, and in the governor's case, for his public execution"

"Another thing, you should probably not mention that to him. Just tell him that another cell will come later to take him to see our inquisitor, or something. For the most part, gaining knowledge by talking is better than taking it by force, the only reason i bring up torture is so that i goes smoothly, should it happen. If things go properly and people are willing to talk, let Quarl and Lucia be the face of the group for the governor and other people from off-planet, but when dealing with locals and Adeptum Mechanicus, i reckon that Solaria holds more sway, and so she should do the talking"

"And one last thing: I say adeptum instead of adeptus, since most of the high ranking techies on this planet have this particular oddity, that they left their gender when they left their humanity. Refer to them with singular 'they', 'their' and 'them', even when talking directly to them, they like that. I know it sometimes can sound wierd"

"That's my final two cents. The sky-talon will be ready in fifteen minutes. I want you six down in the Valkyrie by then. If that is all, then i suggest you get going. Good luck"

Seanfall
2015-05-30, 12:20 PM
Zaddion

My eyebrow raises at the mention of the Governor's Execution. "That's jumping ahead a bit don't you think? He....They might not be involved." He, her, they, them, this is going to be confusing at first. My fingers scratch the top of my head, but I shrug. "Thank you Sir Ratso, I am eager to be off."

luca0483
2015-05-30, 02:54 PM
"Rules are rules. If a planetary governor is unable to pay tithe, he pays with his life, unless he gives a damn good reason not to. And he one didn't say anything in advance. He's a he, by the way, as he's full flesh. Only the robots do it. You used it correctly, though, so that's good. And the name's Rasto"

Rasto gives a hearty chuckle

"That's enough of me being nitpicky, it's a bad habit. From out the main room entrance, it's just round the corner to the left and down the stairs, all the way down. That's one of the side-entrances to the lower flight deck. Ask around for the prepared Valkyrie P2V9, there should only be one. Your gear will be there"

ArcturusV
2015-05-30, 06:56 PM
I made a note to myself. This man wanted me to scoop up the exploding rock dust afterwards. Well... that seemed odd. But most everyone here seemed odd to some extent or another. I wasn't sure what he was going to do with the exploding rock dust and fragments.... but if that's what he wanted... well taking a few moments when I get them to sweep up and pocket a handful of shrapnel for the man wasn't too insanely difficult.

All in all, sounded pretty simple. Go down, beat up guy. Blow some stuff up. Collect dust. Come back. Maybe blow up some Heretic rebels too. All things that I had done plenty of times before. With a shrug I looked towards the others, "I'm ready," is all I said very non-chalantly. I was packed up, my belly was full on those nummy muffins from the meeting earlier.

I wondered what the Mountain Emperor form would be on this new land. There always seemed to be one after all. Always different. Maybe this one would have those stripes again? Or have lost its head like some? Maybe bleching out great clouds of HERESY, casting them out of the earth? It was an interesting thing to amuse my mind as I started making my way out, following the directions we were given. My pace was pretty relaxed, my mind imagining some new world that, almost assuredly looked NOTHING like what a Forge World would actually look like, as I had never been to such a place, heck, not even a serious Hive World before, to even conceive of a planet entirely overrun by robots and metal boxes. Instead he was imagining perhaps a world where the Sun Spirit was blue instead of white, and verdant fields and rolling hills covered in thick fogs.

Argentum
2015-05-30, 09:17 PM
Sister Lucia thankfully calms down before things escalate into violence, I relax slightly and allow my hand to drift away from my Laspistol holster, resting it on my thigh. Grish suggests bringing grenades, particularly, the Stun Grenades. It is a good suggestion and I nod silently in approval.

It is when Rasto suggests that I of all people should do the talking with the civilians that I stare at him in slight incredulity, the less said about my social skills, the better. Making friends had never been a priority before I was recruited into the Skitarii and there were hardly any opportunities afterwards. Socializing was not something I was well-versed in. Still, my superior had suggested it, if the rest of the cell agreed, I would do my part.

As we are dismissed, I give a formal goodbye to Rasto and begin making my way to the prepared Valkyrie. True to his word, there was only one present in the lower flight deck and I quickly board it, searching for the gear that he had promised.

Seanfall
2015-05-31, 01:15 AM
Zaddion

I nod to Ratso and make my way to the Transport. "Rather exciting, not even on the ground yet and already a weapon was drawn. Hehe, at least it won't be boring." My words are more to myself then anyone else. Talking to myself isn't a good thing is it? No probably not. Should I stop? Nah keep going. I can't think of anything. Well you should LOOK OUT! Huh?

Pain brings me back to my senses as a stop my toe on a corner, "Mind in the now, mind in the now." I repeat before boarding the Valkyrie, and searching for the gear that was promised to us.

luca0483
2015-05-31, 04:25 AM
There are many Valkyries on the lower flight deck, but as you ask for the one Rasto specified, you are pointed to one in the middle of deck.

It is painted in the colours of Katherina's army, dark green with red. On this particular Valkyrie, the red is in the form of stripes on the cockpit, except for the glass of-course. You have all been taught during on-ship training, that a red helmet signifies a veteran trooper, but none of you know if the same goes for ships. As you come closer, you see why it has a special designation: the entrance is in the rear in stead of on the sides.

Coming inside, you see that there are two crates, one small and one large, and that the seating has been changed to match the exit-location, with the benches and racks located on the sides and facing each other, in stead of in the middle and facing away.

In the large crate there are six gas masks, six flasks of water and twelve ration packs, the variant used on Anvil of Saint Jonathan called Meal Rations. Not quite as good as the food in the barrack-canteens, but far better than corpse starch.

In the small crate there are two stun grenades, a blind grenade, a quilted flak vest, and a grenade none of you have ever seen before or heard about. It is a disk, about 20cm diameter and 3cm thick, with 6 small cylinders in a ring on the flat side, and a button in the middle. Asking the maintenance crew prompts only headshakes and shrugs, they don't recognise it either.

Budwar
2015-05-31, 04:57 AM
Morias

I might be more useful than I thought I think for myself and nod all the time the others talk. I just cannot think about anything i will need down there on the planet so I stay quiet and once we are dissmissed I make a sign of aquila saying towards Rasto: "May the Emperor watch over you!“ and take my leave.
One by one the others are also leaving the office and I follow the first of them to the hangar, board the prepared Valkyrie and search for the gear that was promised to us.

Bennosuke
2015-05-31, 08:31 AM
Stepping inside the Valkerie, I cannot help but marvel at the wonders of the Empire. Though The Anvil was incredible to behold, there was an energy to this ship... a righteous power, that makes me feel blessed by the Emperor's vision.

Moving into the cabin, I gravitate with the others to the equipment crates, helping to pass out the rations and masks to the others. Showing the others the strange grenade, I turn to the Forge Worlder, "Solaria, any idea what this does?". I hold the disk shaped weapon up, like a housemaid holding a dead rodent.

Argentum
2015-05-31, 09:21 AM
I examine the disk shaped grenade, it is an unfamiliar design, one of the rare occasion a Skitarii Tech-Guard did not recognize a type of weaponry. I shake my head, "I'm afraid not, perhaps it is a design unique to separate forge worlds, some Magos are notoriously stingy with their creations."

It is a rather odd design, the flat disk shape made it slightly more awkward to carry and throw. Not to mention the button that presumably activated the device was placed in the middle, making it precarious to hold and run. Perhaps it was meant to be attached to a surface and used to set up a trap? I couldn't tell, there were endless possibilities.

Bennosuke
2015-05-31, 10:38 AM
I shrug, "Well, I'm sure it will come into use somehow."

Budwar
2015-05-31, 01:32 PM
Taking rations and gas masks from Quarl I notice something important is missing. Giving others questioning look I ask: "Now I know what we´ve forgotten to require. We don´t have any micro-beads. How will we be communicating if we eventually split up?"

Argentum
2015-05-31, 02:12 PM
My eyes widen at Morias' observation and I nearly slap myself for failing to remember something so basic. "Perhaps we can request for some from the Planetary Governor, this is a Forge World, micro-beads should not be too hard to come by. Otherwise, we could simply designate a place and time to regroup after splitting up, it is a crude method, but it should suffice."

Lips pursed in annoyance, I grab my portion of the supplies and pack them neatly into my bag, leaving the grenades for Grish, he had been the one to request them after all. "Of course, that is merely an idea, if you could provide a better one, I'd be more than glad to use that instead."

Seanfall
2015-05-31, 10:59 PM
Zaddion

I happily take the flak vest and mask, donning the vest and keeping the mask and rations stowed for now. "Despite my infatuation with all things flammable and combustible. I...must claim ignorance on this. It looks unique though, perhaps once we're on the Surface we can look up a database or the like?"

On the mention of Micro-beads I look up and indicate mine, "I posses one."

ArcturusV
2015-06-01, 03:46 AM
I ransacked the crate, taking the Rocks that Exploded that I recognized, and organizing them on the combination of webs, straps, hooks, and clasps that were on my armor. I frowned looking down at the masks, and pulled out my book. While I couldn't read it, it did look familiar, and pawing through the book quickly I saw a picture of a man in armor with something like that, and how to wear it. Apparently I was supposed to wear it. Shrugging I put the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer away, and carefully mimicked what I had seen in the diagrams, affixing the mask with eye pieces level, seals tight, and strapped in before plopping my helmet back on.

... I didn't like it. I couldn't see as much. But they had given them to me for a reason I take it. I was used to that idea of not really liking or understanding things, but doing what I was told. I doubted Katherina or her tribesmen were going to give me something to NOT use it.

Scratching a bit at my face around the seal, not used to the sensation I looked back over the others as they discussed. I decided to show them my own solution to their problems. Taking a huge, deep breath, chest puffed out, I screamed out as loud as humanly possible.

"I VERY LOUD, EASY TO HEAR!"

I was smiling, not that they could see it beneath the mask, "Elders would teach you, simple solutions are best solutions."

Sitting back down I got comfortable, wiggling my hips around until I found just the right spot. My mind ignorant of the dangers of traversing the void in a valkyrie or just how quickly my life could end on the trip down without me even knowing as some planetary defense battery just ripped the vessel in half.

Bennosuke
2015-06-01, 12:28 PM
I smile and shrug, "Well, when on Terra," snapping the breather over my face. It was a little claustrophobic, but not unbearable. I sit down next to the contented Guardsman "It looks like your ready to serve The Emperor my friend."

ArcturusV
2015-06-02, 01:36 AM
I nodded slowly as the Cleric sat down next to me, "Always ready. Never know when the Mountains will call you. Fist, fang, blade, arrow, always be ready to serve." I was talking slowly, getting myself psyched up.

Seanfall
2015-06-02, 02:23 AM
Zaddion

I strap myself into my seat. "We're In Atmo correct? None of that juking and jinking from entering it?" Sitting with a small bag on my lap I open it up and take out a small black ovid, opening it to revel a powder brush and a small mirror. "Hmm...yes it looks fine, I miss the heavy pancake makeup I used to have. I won't be using this stuff once it runs out, runs far to easily." I speak nonchalantly as I check myself over.

"We have everything? I think everyone's here, Get the fire burning and scar the sky! ...I'm ready for take off."

luca0483
2015-06-02, 04:51 PM
As you distribute the gear and get seated, two pilots walk past you and the troop-bay, over to the cockpit. Besides the fact that one of them have an eye-implant, there is nothing unusual about them. A short moment later, a voice comes over the Valkyrie's inter-comm

"Misters and mistresses, this is your co-pilot speaking. If you look in the direction of the armoury-gate, you can currently see the last of your gear arriving. Once you've got your stuff, we'll be picked up by the mag-crane and transported to the designated take-off area where your ride is waiting. This is the last chance to get off, once the ramp closes it won't be open again for a good couple hours"

True as it is, weaving in and out between the other planes comes out a Sentinel Power-Lifter (http://skaystore.ru/images/detailed/72/Sentpower4.jpg), carrying yet more boxes. One long box contains a vox-caster, a small box contains a canister with the words "lieless, 1+½ dose", plus a lot of technical spew. In the last box is two coils of rope, one of durable rope (http://ultimatesurvivaltips.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Paracord-Tool.jpg) and one of common rope (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Xdsxabb%2BL._SY300_.jpg), as well as six folders of identical papers written in high gothic. The first page of all six bundles has a red seal on the bottom, the image being of a skull with an outline and an =I= in its forehead, floating over an anvil.

The sentinel-operator speaks up
"You don't need to understand what they say, just know that they are proof of your rank as acolytes under Inquisitor Yvondir. Oh, and, that seal is Katherina's, her friend's seal has a skull and a book on an I-shaped old scale (http://forum.nordicgames.at/attachment.php?attachmentid=50917&d=1392061174). You'll recognise the other cells by their papers and seal. Just so you know what's in the papers: since Your psyker has served Katherina the longest, it's formally his team. It's has no practical effects, he doesn't rank over you, it's just there. Your cell's callsign is Arch-Lamp. That's important, that's what the other cell's will call out to you as. The other cells on ground are Tomb-Beetle, Void-Heist, Slug-Cord, and Search-Dime. Later, Jaunt-Duty will be sent down too, but that's not just yet. Got all that? Good"

The operator collects all the crates, and trots off in his walker.

You strap everybody and everything down, get moved, and take off.

You now have a long time just sitting there ahead of you, though most of the time, except some specific parts of the ride, there is enough stability that you could stand up by holding on to the straps hanging from the rails (http://www.faigle.eu/media/1280409/igostrap_ansichten.jpg) in the ceiling.

Seanfall
2015-06-02, 11:12 PM
Zaddion

I sit in silence looking over my papers, "Officially my cell hmmm?" I glance up at the others wondering what they think. "....Though without our Inquisitor specifically saying so I do not think of myself as 'in charge'." Not that they'd allow it, would they follow a Psyker's orders? I look around waiting for them to respond.

Cilvyn
2015-06-03, 04:22 AM
After my confrontation with the cell-coordinator I kept quiet and everything seemed to move quickly like a fastforwarded movie. When the announcements were made, I suddenly felt alive again. This was something I knew, the thrill before landing in the middle of a battlefield, heading out and smiting everything that was in reach. I looked at the rest, and especially the psyker. His cell? Yes of course it was and I would obey his orders as I was taught.

The moment Zaddion speaks. I nod encouraging at him, making my point of view clear to him that I am willing to follow him anywhere.

Argentum
2015-06-03, 05:50 AM
"That is fine," I nod respectfully to the psyker, examining the rest of the supplies as I memorize the callsigns of the various acolyte cells. "I believe that as our medic, Sister Lucia should keep hold of the Lieless, does anyone disagree?" I ask, taking the common rope for myself while handing the more durable coil of rope to Grish.

As a former Skitarii Tech-Guard, I was capable of tying ropes and such to a certain extent, such trivial tasks were normally left to servitors and I suspected that with Grish's restrictions to more primitive tools, he would be far more proficient with ropes than myself. Once done handing the rope to Grish, I return to my seat and begin flipping through the file.

Bennosuke
2015-06-03, 01:27 PM
I accept the documents and briefly flip through them before looking up. Addressing the entire group, I try to get to the meat of the situation, "So, obviously we will have more information when we arrive, but what is our plan? We should probably start floating ideas so that we aren't just 'winging it', when we arrive."

Budwar
2015-06-03, 01:30 PM
Trying to remember callsigns of other cells I take my folder and quickly skim through. Our psyker is to be our leader? Well, it might work, we can give him a chance to show what he´s capable of. Thoughtfully I look at him for a few seconds then look back at the boxes and ask others, pointing at the vox-caster. "And who´s going to carry this?"

Seanfall
2015-06-03, 11:24 PM
Zaddion

I glance down at the Vox-Caster. "That is a good question, we'll decide that once we're on the ground. Speaking of which, I'm not sure what we should do. Aside from meeting with the current Governor once we arrive. Perhaps he'll have a lead for us, if not we can contact the other cells see if they've found anything. We can go through the old Governer's home and personal items. Other then that we don't have much to go on."

ArcturusV
2015-06-04, 06:12 AM
I grunted in answer to the Cleric as he asked about plans. This was what he was discussing earlier, and apparently no one cared to listen, or to press their Elders like Katherina for better answers. It was indicative of inferior ways and culture after all, showing only why the Clan of the Seven Sisters was the most favored of all Mount Emperor and his Six Sister's Warriors.

"It's a raid, yes?" he prompted, much like his Elders might have prompted him, a tone meant to focus the minds of those listening and help them start thinking along themselves and trying to reason and find flaws in what was being said. "Someone raids shipments meant for Others. Doesn't matter who for this, it local Quartermasters, Rebels, Enemies, or any others, results are same.

There is a supply dump that is being raided. Not a convoy. If a convoy too obvious, they know what happen in a blatant attack, would tell man from earlier to save own skin. So sneaky quiet raid of supply dump. Go to supply dump... you find raiders."

Bennosuke
2015-06-04, 04:42 PM
"Unless the shipments aren't being raided, they are being embezzled" , I say smugly. "We will get into a lot of trouble if we make too many assumptions."

Seanfall
2015-06-05, 12:15 AM
Zaddion

"Then we can assume nothing." I chuckle a little, "Perhaps Grish is right, and it is a supply drop, or perhaps our Cleric is correct thinking it might be embezzling. Or...they are being raided, but the reports are getting lost or changed so no one notices. At this point it is all conjecture."

Bennosuke
2015-06-05, 12:37 PM
Trying not to sound confrontational, I say, "Yes, but if we approach Governor Melnpot incorrectly, we offer up the opportunity to be misdirected, either by his ignorance of what is truly happening, by his cunning if he is at all associated with the missing Tithe, or by his fear if he believes we have come to punish him. It behooves us to agree on an approach that neither allows him to dupe us, or closes off our ability to gain information from the Governor".

Argentum
2015-06-05, 12:46 PM
"I agree, it would be best not to antagonize the Governor until we find out more about the missing tithe. Being unnecessarily hostile to the Governor will only hinder us in the long run." I add, storing the files in my bag while taking out the gas mask to wear it. It was still early to put on the gas mask, but there was no reason to delay it any further.

Seanfall
2015-06-05, 09:09 PM
Zaddion

I think for a moment, my fingers playing against the glass sphere which holds my crystal Psy-focus. "Perhaps....there are other ways to learn what we want, the Governor needn't be the first we speak too, others in the administration might now what he knows. We should attempt to go armed with some information first, easier to catch him in a lie."

Cilvyn
2015-06-06, 08:11 AM
Lucrezia Defiore

I look at Zaddion and nod "It is probably best to pay him a visit first." I am not sure if this would be the best course of action, but Zaddion has been appointed as our leader so I will follow his lead.

luca0483
2015-06-09, 04:27 AM
After a long flight, the co-pilot's voice sounds over the inter-comm again.
"Yeah, this is the part where we touch down. Everybody who haven't already, bundle up in your seats. We will be staying here on the pad untill you need to get up on the ship again"

After a few moments, the craft decelerates quickly, standing still in the air for a second before easing downward. Despite the slow speed, the Valkyrie still makes a loud "Dong!"-sound when touching down.

As the hatch open up, you can see that you have landed on a large landing pad (http://www.shaunmechen.com/Enviroments/Shaun-Mechen_Landing_Platform_Shot_01_HD.jpg) on the side of a large tower, big enough for several vehicles, there already being a medium shuttle (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QyKkwYs7QzI/VSKR6NGeg4I/AAAAAAAAFQ4/9YUZyVFcKL4/s1600/Warhammer%2B40k%2BShuttle%2B07.jpg) before the valkyrie landed, and with room for one more.

At the edge of the pad, where it joins with a pedway, stand four people: two tech-guards, an adept and a scribe.
After one of you show your papers, you are let inside, the adept guiding you to the offices of the planetary governor.

The air outside is tinted slightly orange, but the air inside seems safe. You can take off your gas-masks, if you want to.

You have just now come into the entrance-hall of the offices. Apart from the double-door behind you that you came in through, there are two other doors, a single door on your right, and a double door in front. There also is a tech-adept connected to a desc on your left, the office's secretary.

The adept that guided you here did not come with you though the door.

Seanfall
2015-06-10, 12:45 AM
Zaddion

I remove my mask the moment I am able, stowing it with my things. "The air was orange, like flickering fire, burning so bright it hurts my eyes! Soloria was it like this where you were from? Polluted to a ridiculous degree?" I shake my hair loose and take in my surroundings.

"Buzzing of machines, the whirring of gears, blood soaked in pain and misery. Oh there we are." I say as I spot the 'secretary'. Turning I lower my voice as I speak to others.

"Quasso Melnpot, is not aware of who we represent. Do not tell him, save that card for later." I quickly reopen the papers we were given to remind myself of their information.

Argentum
2015-06-10, 02:12 AM
Solaria

"My homeworld was very similar." I reply to Zaddion, not bothering to take off the gas mask on my face. We would have to go outside sooner or later, the gas mask did not hinder my aim nor did it discomfort me, so there was no point in taking it off.

Bennosuke
2015-06-10, 02:22 PM
Removing my gasmask, I turn around, looking to see if any of the flight crew has deboarded with us. Seeing that we have no escort, I speak up, "So I guess this is where we meet up with our contact?"

ArcturusV
2015-06-14, 01:49 AM
It was slow, and unsteady steps for me as I came down off the Valkyrie's ramp. My eyes were drawn to the horizon, seeking out the familiar and comforting shapes of the Sisters, where the Emperor would reside on this land, as he did on all lands. Only to see something that made absolutely no sense. No forests, no rivers, no ice, no sand, no seas, no mountains... nothing at all familiar, no great beacon of the Emperor and the others. My hands were twitching, and my steps unsteady as a dread filled my heart at the alien and evil landscape of a forge world, following numbly behind the others if only out of the drilled in instinct to follow your squad in battle.

"Unhallowed," I murmured in my native tongue, as I entered the behemoth false rock spire with the others. Everything was so... wrong here. I was breathing quickly as panic settled in my heart. Maybe the others thought I was just having a hard time with the gasmask, but my wide eyes through the lenses would reveal it was something a bit more fundamental than merely difficulty with the Gasmask, and it seemed like despite my quickened breath I was in fact able to swallow down the purified air.

I started glancing around quickly, looking at the metallic walls. It was at least somewhat familiar. Like the village of Katherina, and several other villages I had been in during my life. But that strange place outside... that...

I shuddered, and hoped never to see its unholy like again.

Budwar
2015-06-14, 10:49 AM
Morias

Once we get inside I take off my gas mask and take a deep breath. Than I look around and after Quarl´s note I ask: "And who is supposed to be our contact? That man?" pointing at the tech-adept. "I doubt about it."

Seanfall
2015-06-20, 12:11 AM
Zaddion

"We are here to see the Governor, but we cannot be the flame, burning blazing bright for all to see no no. We must be smoke, silently, secretly, seeping in sussing out secrets and securing our safety." With that, I turn to face the secretory and approached them.

I stand tall, and take in a shaky breath excitement starting to flow through me in electric currents. "We are here to speak to Governor, Melonpot."

luca0483
2015-06-20, 06:25 AM
The secretary looks to you like a normal tech-adept, complete with a metallic face under a robe.

There are no books, scrolls, terminals or other common administrative equipment on the desk. Instead, the adept is connected through a myriad of cables that run from his lower face (http://cdn.meme.am/images/300x/4316987.jpg) to somewhere under the desk.

When Zaddion speaks to the adept, they produce a burst of static noise, before asking whether you have an appointment.

ArcturusV
2015-06-20, 06:32 PM
I looked over to the others, as I was confronted with the mouth of madness. Glowing eyes in a dark abyss, strange rock tentacles that seemed to make unholy and unnatural noises as the mutant seemed to be... grappling with? Merging? Assimilating? Something its surroundings. I felt might fingers itch and my heart beating hard again. I flicked my eyes over to Zaddion, who at the very least seemed to make some sense in this situation. Or at least seemed to know what was going on, looking to the Psyker for some clue on if I should introduce the mutant to My Axe!

Seanfall
2015-06-21, 12:05 AM
Zaddion

"Yes, I believe we do my tentacle clad friend, and if we don't. Tell him to make time....It's a matter of life and death." I chuckle in my throat, it's not a pleasing sound. Never was.

Bennosuke
2015-06-21, 09:48 PM
Turning to Zadion, I say, "You understood that?"

Budwar
2015-06-22, 01:54 AM
Morias

While Zaddion is talking to the tech-adept I quietly move to the small door on the right planning to look what is behind them but not right now. I lean against the wall next to the door waiting how the conversation will continue.

luca0483
2015-06-22, 04:46 AM
The adept monotonously says "Scanning for admission papers. Please stand still and stay silent". Something moves on the adept's 'face', before a third 'eye' lights up in his forehead. He quickly looks over Zaddion, stopping where he keeps his copy of the documents.

The light blinks for a moment, and the adept speaks up again. "Scan complete. Loading relevant data to NDS for reference comparison. This may take a few minutes"

His third eye is powered down, and he stops moving.

Budwar
2015-06-22, 06:27 AM
Morias

It looks like the adept has turned himself off for a while. This is my chance. Carefully I try to open the door.

luca0483
2015-06-22, 07:16 AM
The door is not locked. Behind the door is a waiting room, about 8 meters in length and width. There are two tables with chairs on each side. There is nothing on the tables, and nobody is in the room. Leading from the room is two more doors, identical to the one you are currently peaking in through, on the opposite side of the room.

Budwar
2015-06-22, 08:58 AM
Morias

Disappointedly, I walk into the room, leaving the door open to listen what happens in the entrace-hall and sit on one of the chairs which is nearest to the other doors. "Nothing interesting here." I mutter under my breath. If this is supposed to be a waiting room, I will wait if someone comes.
Staring at the doors I incline my head closer and try if I am able to hear something.

luca0483
2015-06-23, 05:10 AM
Morias, as you focus to listen, you can hear damped sounds come through the right door in the waiting room. You easily recognise the sounds, you last heard them when waiting for Rasto. It is the sounds of a very busy office room.

The adept comes to life again.
"The Melnpot administration recognise the representatives of the inquisition. The planetary governor asks of you to wait in his personal business locale through the double doors, but has granted you access to the entirety of the his office wing. He is currently preparing to give a speech, and will be with you in half an hour"

Budwar
2015-06-25, 06:32 AM
Morias

It seems that the room is crowded with people so I have to avoid entering the door on the right. Hearing the tech-adept giving us permission to access Melnpot´s office wing I stand up and try to open the door on the left.

luca0483
2015-06-29, 12:09 PM
The door opens to reveal a long corridor, with many doors littering both sides, all the way down. At the other end, instead of ending in a door, it simply joins up with a room. Halfway down the corridor, there are two staircases, one up and one down. Standing slightly before that, is a group of people.

Budwar
2015-07-04, 09:00 AM
Morias

As I´m looking down the corridor I realize I actually don´t want to go too far from my group so I carefully close the door and go back to them. The others are still waiting in entrance-hall so I pass by them and open the double doors.