PDA

View Full Version : Shadowfist LCG: Backwards Compatible?

xroads
2015-05-15, 12:01 PM
Is the current version of Shadowfist by Z-Man Games playable with the original Shadowfist cards from 1995? I have a LOT of the older cards and am hoping I can still use them.

xroads
2015-05-16, 11:46 PM
So, I take it there isn't a big Shadowfist community in these forums?

Neon Knight
2015-05-17, 12:47 AM
It doesn't seem so; however, I was having a slow day and decided to look up what information I could find about the game. The current version, released in 2013 by Inner Kingdom Games, is not a CCG anymore but instead a DCG, so I presume all older versions of the game are incompatible with it. I couldn't find any definitive information about the compatibility with the pre-1996 version by Daedalus Entertainment and the pre-2013 Z-Man games version, but I saw some indication that the original Z-Man release in 2000 consisted of many Daedelus reprints, so perhaps they are compatible.

xroads
2015-05-17, 05:35 PM
It doesn't seem so; however, I was having a slow day and decided to look up what information I could find about the game. The current version, released in 2013 by Inner Kingdom Games, is not a CCG anymore but instead a DCG, so I presume all older versions of the game are incompatible with it. I couldn't find any definitive information about the compatibility with the pre-1996 version by Daedalus Entertainment and the pre-2013 Z-Man games version, but I saw some indication that the original Z-Man release in 2000 consisted of many Daedelus reprints, so perhaps they are compatible.

Cool. Thanks for taking the time to research the answer. :smallbiggrin: