PDA

View Full Version : Avengers: The Next Age, Side-quests

STDM Grizzly Ad
2015-05-15, 09:51 PM
As suddenly as you vanish from the Helicarrier you appear on board an Airship. The hallway you find yourselves on is lined to the left with windows. Outside you see nothing but water. You are approximately 1500' up. Nearly everything you see is metal, painted dull gray. To the right about 10' ahead of you is a door. Another one is about 15' behind you. The hallway looks to be about 50' long and you are in the center. You begin to hear muffled voices coming from an unseen room ahead of you at the end of the hallway.

(What do you do?)

Dagron
2015-06-03, 08:39 PM
Two-gun sneaks up to the door to try and listen to what is being said.

[roll0]

Dagron
2015-06-03, 08:45 PM
Two gun begins to listen carefully. [roll]1d20+11

Dagron
2015-06-03, 08:46 PM
Two gun begins to listen carefully. [roll]1d20+11
Very carefully

[roll0]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2015-06-03, 08:49 PM
TGK hears nothing from behind the door, but hears the words Vat was zat? from beyond the end of the hallway.

Dagron
2015-06-03, 08:58 PM
Looks around for a place to hide in this area.

[roll0]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2015-06-03, 09:03 PM
You see what was described above, either end of the hallway opens up into a room. You can't see well into either. There are the two doors, one you're at the other is 25' away. The voices are coming from the room beyond the hallway nearest you.

Dagron
2015-06-03, 09:15 PM
Whispers to himself "Well so much for subtlety." Draws his guns kicks the door in and yells "Reach for the Skies!"

[roll]1d20+4

STDM Grizzly Ad
2015-06-03, 09:30 PM
You kick open the door, the room is empty. But now the door jam is damaged and you shouted. You begin to hear hurried bootsteps coming your way. Inside the room there are two booth tables with bench seats bolted down. Across from them against the wall is a counter, atop it sits a coffee pot with fresh coffee, a rack of common condiments, and some paper cups. Next to the counter is another door.

Dagron
2015-06-05, 09:01 PM
I try to open the other door.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2015-06-05, 10:25 PM
The door opens to a causeway. There is a 5ft wide by 50' long hall on either side separated by a 10' wide 35' long opening with a railing around it. At either end of the opening is a set of stairs leading both up and down. There is a door directly across from you. There is a door to your right about 25' away, and there is a door directly across from it.

Dagron
2015-06-06, 02:28 PM
I look around and decide heading up might be the best bet. So I head straight up.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2015-06-06, 10:44 PM
Two Gun Kid turns to his left and goes to the stairs. He heads up to the upper deck without paying attention to where he's going. He tops the stairs and nearly runs head long into two people, a man and a woman. The couple is wearing matching metallic colored uniforms that appear to be made of a synthetic material. They have swastikas emblazoned on their right arms. They stop walking and just seem to stare at TGK as if they'd never seen such a strange looking person.
Ach, and who are you? Where did you come from? What are you doing here? They go back and forth each asking a question one after another, it seems an odd practice, but neither seem aggressive.

Dagron
2015-06-07, 11:13 AM
"Gut in Taug, I'm not too sure where I am or how I got here. But I'd be much ablidged to ya if y'all point me to the way out."

STDM Grizzly Ad
2015-06-07, 08:37 PM
The two look at each other dumbfounded.
Is he speaking English? It is forbidden. Yes, yes. The Kaiserin will wish to know of this. Get him.

Roll initiative...
[roll0]TGK
[roll1]Male
[roll2]Female

The male draws a baton about 15 inches long. A blue spark arcs across the tip. He lunges at TGK, but misses.

Dagron
2015-06-09, 07:18 PM
ready action when I avoid her attack I will then hit her in the back of the head with the butt of the pistol.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2015-06-09, 09:44 PM
The female draws the same type of baton and presses it to TGK's side. [roll0][roll1] electricity. (Crit confirmed, total of 19 DMG)

The sharp jolt of electricity takes Two-Gun kid by surprise. He hesitates just long enough to miss his opportunity.

The Male comes in with a second attack this time fully committed to bringing down the Kid. He strikes tgk once in the leg (10 dmg)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2015-06-17, 11:56 AM
As TGK prepares to fire on his aggressors he sees the air behind them become wavy and distorted. Just then machine-gun fire rips through the distortion killing both of the silver clad Nazis. TGK reacts by dropping to the ground an rolling toward the distortion (and thus away from the stairs)(Gunslinger's Dodge). The next thing he knows he is falling into a stack of steel drums. [roll0](roll Acrobatics to try to soften your landing)
As the Nazi's bodies fall to the ground a third body hits the floor, It is Kate Bishop.

((Kate/Hawkeye is now in this thread and TGK is now in primary))

Kate looks around and finds herself in what appears to be a ship, at the top of a staircase. Everything she can see is grey painted metal. The bodies of a man and woman lie on the ground next to her. They are wearing metallic silver uniforms with swastikas on their arms. The bodies are riddled with bullet holes and they each have a black baton gripped in their right hands.