PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Dragonslayer [Mystic archetype]

Vhaidara
2015-05-16, 10:40 AM
Okay guys, this weekend will hopefully be a productive one for my homebrew goals. Inspiration for this one struck me yesterday, and since I need to leave for work in about 15 minutes, I wanted to at least get this up for review. I know the wording needs to be tightened, that's not one of my strong points, but I hope the idea is at least appealing. Commenting is enabled on the doc, so feel free to comment either here or there.

Behold, the Dragonslayer (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FdDVtGAFId0lvicTS3dXDr47SWQwwVg76ocB_xlu_Ow/edit), a Cha based Mystic archetype.

If I can figure out how to do so satisfactorily, I plan to add the options for Metal, Illumination, and Darkness Glyphs, but for now I'm sticking with the basic elementals.

Also, for anyone who doesn't get why it's called Dragonslayer, I was listening to the Fairy Tail OST for 8 hours yesterday. Dragonslayers there are people who were trained to fight dragons, so they can absorb a dragon's attacks (the most classic being the breath weapon) to power their own. they also took on draconic aspects (scales, stronger bodies, breath attacks of their own)

And finally, I did design it to stack with Aurora Soul once they get that line out about modifications to the maneuvers section not breaking archetype stacking.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-16, 02:30 PM
Restricting access to one glyph type is really harsh, since a lot of the class's combat utility comes from being able to provide whatever group buff is necessary for the situation. I'd leave metal, illumination, and darkness open and just close off the other standard elemental glyphs.

Vhaidara
2015-05-16, 04:47 PM
It is supposed to be restrictive. The trade off is getting a full strength bloodrage, so it needs to lose something sizable.

Also, as I mentioned, I plan on doing special options (alt bloodlines) for the other three.

TheEmperor
2015-05-16, 07:05 PM
Oh man, this looks incredibly cool! I really wanna play this!