PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Crpg?

Dimers
2015-05-16, 01:53 PM
I wonder how long before we see a 5e computer game? :smallconfused:

DivisibleByZero
2015-05-16, 01:56 PM
I wonder how long before we see a 5e computer game? :smallconfused:

Soon. (http://dnd.wizards.com/products/digital-games/pc/sword-coast-legends)
In the style of Baldur's Gate and others, with group play where one player can be the DM and control the monsters.

Inevitability
2015-05-17, 04:23 AM
In the style of Baldur's Gate and others, with group play where one player can be the DM and control the monsters.

The moment I read this, I thought: Wii U. Anyone with me?

Kane0
2015-05-17, 04:36 AM
I'm looking forward to another Neverwinter Nights game, as in 1 and 2.

Looks good though, old Baldurs gate style with 5e mechanics would be fun stuff.

goto124
2015-05-17, 04:39 AM
Are CRPGs a good way to get a 'feel' for (the combat of) an adventure path?

Kane0
2015-05-17, 04:43 AM
Generally speaking no, since video games have much more frequent combat that on a table would end up being repetitive and meaningless. Call it padding to make up for the speeding up of combat.

JAL_1138
2015-05-17, 11:49 AM
Generally speaking no, since video games have much more frequent combat that on a table would end up being repetitive and meaningless. Call it padding to make up for the speeding up of combat.

Agreed. Even as quick as 2e combat was, Baldur's Gate would have been a terrible slog of combat upon combat if played at a table.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-05-18, 04:13 AM
Not to mention spending a week trying to sleep for 8 hours but getting ambushed by spiders every. Freaking. Time.

"Why don't you head back to town, ninja_prawn?"

"I would, but I'm out of antidotes and slow poison spells, so I really don't want to face another 'random' encounter with two wyverns."

Beleriphon
2015-05-18, 09:30 AM
Not to mention spending a week trying to sleep for 8 hours but getting ambushed by spiders every. Freaking. Time.

"I would, but I'm out of antidotes and slow poison spells, so I really don't want to face another 'random' encounter with two wyverns."

In fairness, I think those were run straight according to AD&D 2E random encounter tables.

xroads
2015-05-18, 09:59 AM

So far, at least in the campaign I play in, 5e doesn't seem any different. On average, it seems like we wake up to a random encounter 2 out of every 3 nights! :smalleek: