PDA

View Full Version : Acrobatic Strike

Shatenjager
2007-04-20, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know what the bonus for the Acrobatic Strike Feat in PHB 2 really is? In the mini-description it is listed as +6, but in the longer description it is only +4.

Tellah
2007-04-20, 10:18 AM
Can a character with Acrobatic Strike (Player’s Handbook II, 71) claim the +4 bonus against multiple targets in the same round if she uses Tumble to avoid attacks of opportunity from more than one enemy?
Yes, as long as the attack roll takes place before the end of your current turn.
For example, a dervish (Complete Warrior, 26) could gain the +4 bonus on attack rolls against each enemy that she attacked during a dervish dance, as long as she had successfully used Tumble to avoid attacks of opportunity from that enemy during that turn.

The above ruling (available here) (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20030221a) indicates that the +4 bonus is the correct interpretation.

Bears With Lasers
2007-04-20, 11:49 AM
When the text and the table conflict, you go with the text.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-20, 02:06 PM
Yeah. There's a spell in Savage Species called Earth Reaver that illustrates this point pretty clearly.

Person_Man
2007-04-20, 02:12 PM
Bears and Tellah are correct, as usual. Also, why on earth would you take Acrobatic Strike? By the time you can take it (9th level) a +4 bonus on your next attack after you've used Tumble on him is pretty weak. I dare say that Weapon Focus, another weak feat, would be used much more often and would thus mathematically lead to more hits and damage.

Shatenjager
2007-04-20, 03:03 PM
I'm making a Dervish build that has enough speed to tumble around and get those AoOs. I don't look at it as a +4 to hit, but rather +4 AC from Expertise.

Edit: And I already need Weapon Focus for Dervish

Lolth
2007-04-20, 03:32 PM
Seconded on the Dervish front. For them, it's yummy.