PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other 3.5 with My little ponies

Gamer_KM
2015-05-16, 04:57 PM
At some point at time I am going to use 3.5, With small colorful horses as the PC races. It is going to be a one-shot, and I need a loose plot. does anyone have any ideas thanks :smallsmile:

Yasahiro
2015-05-16, 06:48 PM
Twilight became an Alicorn.

Now they must go back in time to prevent that.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-16, 06:55 PM
If you're looking for game-mechanical ideas, this is the right place. However, if you want story ideas, you'll probably want to head on over to the d20 subforum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?59-D-amp-D-3e-3-5e-d20) and post a thread with the "DM Help" prefix (from the drop-down menu).

Twilight became an Alicorn.

Now they must go back in time to prevent that.

How is that something that would need to be prevented?

Yasahiro
2015-05-16, 07:46 PM
If you're looking for game-mechanical ideas, this is the right place. However, if you want story ideas, you'll probably want to head on over to the d20 subforum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?59-D-amp-D-3e-3-5e-d20) and post a thread with the "DM Help" prefix (from the drop-down menu).

How is that something that would need to be prevented?

Because preventing it would stop the Great Alicorn War from ever happening. That time when the believers of the My Little Pony plane had a schism, splitting into Alicornists and Unicorianity, with other large numbers abandoning the religion altogether.

Gamer_KM
2015-05-17, 12:00 PM
Because preventing it would stop the Great Alicorn War from ever happening. That time when the believers of the My Little Pony plane had a schism, splitting into Alicornists and Unicorianity, with other large numbers abandoning the religion altogether.

Funny, last night i found a good plot idea, and somehow it is like this

Debihuman
2015-05-18, 11:44 AM
A gang of mischievous faerie dragons have been taking all the apples from the apple trees. They're terrible cooks and their pies always taste nasty. [Clues could be bits of smashed and barely eaten pies on the trail]. The pile of uneaten pies attracts a pack of timberwolves. See here:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=14470404&postcount=1

The ponies not only have to get back a bushel of stolen apples but also need to plant some extra apple trees so there are enough apples for all. Teaching the pesky dragons how to properly bake a proper apple pie is bonus.

Debby

Alex12
2015-05-18, 08:05 PM
A unicorn researcher is attempting to clone the ancient extinct creature known as a butterdragon, a giant sapient butterfly the size of a dragon which is completely harmless in every way. She contacts the PCs for assistance attaining a specific magic focusing diamond...which is being held by a splinter sect of diamond dogs who still follow Queen Trixie!

Xefas
2015-05-18, 09:10 PM
Bad Horse, the Demon Thoroughbred of Sin is searching for the Last Whinny, an artifact of truenaming magic that will make him the most powerful horserer in all of Oequestria.

To this end, Bad Horse's cults have called forth his four greatest servants from the Infinite Stables of the Abyss, the Apocalypse Ponies, who race to find the Last Whinny, and tear the world apart with their unkindness in the process.

http://i.imgur.com/bEBJa5D.png

dragonjek
2015-05-19, 10:57 AM
A town has cut off almost all contact with the outside world, with the few messages that get out being disturbingly insistent statements on how absolutely nothing is wrong.

In truth, the worship of the Black Goat of the Woods With a Thousand Young that has been bubbling beneath the surface of the village has finally reached the point that the cultists have the power to begin a ritual to open up a tear in space to allow the horrible and alien Mi-Goat access to the world. Understandably, this is something that nopony wants to happen.

The Timberwolves are restless have been leaving the Everfree to attack surrounding villages. On further inspection, they are being pushed out of their territory by a group of smaller, but much more powerful, Timberwolves made from zap apple trees. Although you could just destroy the Timberwolves (completely destroy them... just breaking them doesn't do much), the local group of druids has a thing for Timberwolves and would be upset. This would be a bad thing.

Some freak has been kidnapping ponies, then releasing them elsewhere with an organ or two missing. In the process of investigating, they find out the villain is a sorcerer who failed from the School for Gifted Unicorns due to blowing off the academic part of school. Seeking to prove his superiority and punish the school (and possibly anypony else who had been more successful than him), he's taken to learning how to contact the creatures sealed away in Tartarus to get more power, or perhaps even to summon one of the prisoners.