PDA

View Full Version : Nexus The Biting Knife Nightclub: Here there be partying monsters!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cyber Punk
2015-05-16, 11:25 PM
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag17/tamilore4ril/BK_Lights_simple_zpsnwirpcwi.gif

Welcome to The Biting Knife Nightclub,

a nightclub specifically designed to cater to Nexus non-human people, and it shows. The inside is darkened, with ventilation being supplied artificially. It is staffed by a variety of non-humans: vampires, werewolves, ogres and the like. For example, the bartenders are Ezra and Desiree, the bouncers are big mean old non-human ogres. Not necessarily mean, a few of them are quite nice, but they are all sticklers for the rules, and you do not want to mess with them.

Humans are welcome here, but they might feel out-of-place, since the clientèle is non-humans, and especially since they'll be kept an eye on. Non-human means non-humans of the monstrous sort i.e. Any(Vam)pires, Werewolves, Ogres, Ponies, Firaths, Efreets, tauric beings, divine beings etc. Human here means humanoids i.e. Humans, elves and dwarves.

The interior of the club is lit by bright strobe and accent lights colored various shades of red, blue and purple. The different areas are distinct: The main bar, the dance floor, the stage and the booths, which are near the stage. The main bar is like one would expect, with tall seats and a couple of bartenders who are backing a wide array of drinks. The dance-floor is lit up by strobe lights that flash in time to the music. The stage is surrounded by various booths facing the stage, and there is perpetual music booming in the background, supplied by the stage DJ.

The running time is supposed to be from dusk till dawn, but time is... wonky in the Nexus. Therefore, it appears to be perpetually open. Maybe. Also, much like Trog's, The Biting Knife Nightclub can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Again, don't think about it too much.

Current Staff:

Caesar Flynn = Owner and Proprietor
Axanot, Kelcey and Desiree = Also proprietors.
Axanot = Bouncer Head Lady
Kelcey = Bartender
Car'l = Server
Desiree = Drink Mixer
The Eternal Cupboard of Edibles = Food

ORDERING FOOD:

Each table has a holographic console that can be used to order food. It will take your order and send it to the kitchen to be made and processed.
Car'l, the holographic girl will come and serve it to you. She appears to be able to clone herself if necessary.
Ezra, the owner is also available if any of the patrons need help. Just access your console and ask for help.
You can also use the console to call for the owners or speak to the non-NPC staff.
I control Car'l. Goto124 may decide to control some of Car'ls clones.

Drinks Menu:
If it exists, it's available. If it's not available, it can be mixed. You can check Trog's list and DFI's food list as well...

Specific:

Djinn and Tonic: An exotic-tasting blue liquid that smells every bit like a gin and tonic should smell, but has wisps of smoke in it which cause the cup to look like a djinn has been summoned inside. The taste is absolutely magical.
Fire Dragon's Tears: A clear mixture with a very slight but noticeable red tint, served with a magic-infused ice cube in case you can't take the heat. Can be used as a test of strength. Burns all the way to the bottom.
Bloody Mixture: Vampires -description pending-

-There are also a number of munchies and smokables available for those who need them.

NOTES:

Vampires may bring ONE thrall. If you wish to feed on your thrall, do so... but only on that thrall.
There are a few rooms people can book for the night or for the weekend.

Any human that tries to start trouble with a non-human will be kicked out.
Any one who tries to destroy the club will find themselves teleported outside. No, really, just don't godmod the place.
Any one who wants to engage in friendly sparring are free to use the fight club, which is situated... you guessed it... outside the club itself.
No messing with the console, trying to hack it or add a virus. There's the chance you'll feel the effects instead. No, really, don't.
Fail to abide by these rules, and you'll find yourself outside (via being teleported above the ground outside), frozen in place and/or armed with nerfed weapons and spells.
Agree to abide by these rules, and you can have all the fun you want.

Speaking of which: HAVE FUN!

This thread is managed by Flaming Eagle. He will create the new thread when this one reached 50 pages. Please contact him for updates to the OP.
On the off-chance that he's unavailable, goto124 can create the new thread.
Also, for the time being, Ezra and Car'l are confined to the thread.

Duck999
2015-05-17, 08:44 AM
Bar

A man walks in, messy silver hair, leather pants, red eyes, and red markings on his chest. His ears are pointy marking him as an elf. His red eyes and pointy teeth mark him as a vampire.
He walks to the bar and sits down.
Can I have some blood?

Cyber Punk
2015-05-17, 10:04 AM
[The Bar]

Sharpe, who's been sitting around waiting for customers, smiles at the vampire in front of him and grins a metallic toothy smile. "Of course, pardner! What flavour?"

Duck999
2015-05-17, 12:48 PM
The bar

Dominoes gives him a weird look.
Flavor? Flavor?
He has never before been asked what flavor blood he wants. Nor has he ordered blood from a bar. Well, he particularly likes elves.
I'll have some elf blood.

Fenric
2015-05-17, 03:30 PM
Keiko comes in!

She is still in her full-out Nogitsune form: She stands all of four foot nine and has a slender build with angular features, a pointy muzzle, and she is covered with fluffy ink-black fur. Nine equally fluffy tails each as long as she is tall fan out behind her and wave gently. She is not wearing anything, though it's really quite irrelevant given that her fur is more concealing than most clothing people wear. Anyone sensitive to such things will note an unmistakable aura of Shadows around her.

Trog's looked just a bit too wet for all that fur, and so she went looking for somewhere new. Now she's here, and peeking around curiously.

Cool! New place!

Cyber Punk
2015-05-17, 05:51 PM
[The Bar]

Dominoes gives him a weird look.
Flavor? Flavor?
He has never before been asked what flavor blood he wants. Nor has he ordered blood from a bar. Well, he particularly likes elves.
I'll have some elf blood.

"Good choice." Sharpe replies and hands Dominoes a mug of elf blood, with a straw at the top. "I don't see many vampires around the Nexus. Was beginning to think I was the only one." He says with a chuckle. "What type are you?"

Keiko comes in!

She is still in her full-out Nogitsune form: She stands all of four foot nine and has a slender build with angular features, a pointy muzzle, and she is covered with fluffy ink-black fur. Nine equally fluffy tails each as long as she is tall fan out behind her and wave gently. She is not wearing anything, though it's really quite irrelevant given that her fur is more concealing than most clothing people wear. Anyone sensitive to such things will note an unmistakable aura of Shadows around her.

Trog's looked just a bit too wet for all that fur, and so she went looking for somewhere new. Now she's here, and peeking around curiously.

Cool! New place!

Raquel walks over to Keiko. Since Keiko has met Rochelle before, she'd be forgiven for thinking that this is the exact same person, only she doesn't have crazy eyes (they are more 'shy eyes'), is wearing glasses and appears to be hiding behind her hair.

Raquel curtsies to Keiko and adjusts her glasses. "Hello, miss. Can I get you something?" She asks Keiko as she leads her to a booth.

Fenric
2015-05-17, 06:32 PM
Unless Raquel smells just like Rochelle (which is exceedingly unlikely), Keiko will not think that. :)

She hmms...

Black shadow, please.

Cyber Punk
2015-05-17, 06:38 PM
Raquel blinks as she thinks. It takes her a while to realize Keiko's referring to a drink and nods. "Black shadow coming up." She walks over to the bar and gets the drink from an NPC server, then returns to Keiko. "Your Black Shadow, miss."

Black Shadow. Sounds evil. Raquel shudders, the name of the drink gives her the heebie-jeebies.

Raquel is not much for conversation. Still, she makes an attempt to. "So... nice weather eh?"

Weather? How lame. She suddenly regrets asking that.

Duck999
2015-05-17, 06:41 PM
Bar

Domnus (dominoes was autocorrect) takes the blood.
I'm an elf vampire of the basic variety. You?

Fenric
2015-05-17, 07:15 PM
Keiko grins

Thanks!

She takes a sip, and shivers

Oooh... still weird: just like Trog's.

Then question!

It's ok. I like it when it stays cooler, you know: fur and all. I peeked in at Trog's, but it was raining inside and I really don't like being rained on: it makes my fur smell funny and takes forever to dry and I hate blowdriers because they make it too hot and then I start to pant and panting makes me look like a dork and that just ruins the whole day. Then my fur gets all itchy and goes all frizzy and I look like a character from a theme park and little kids come up and want to hug me and people take pictures and I have to explain that I'm not a cartoon character. It's just too weird and so I went looking for somewhere else and I noticed this place, which wasn't here before so I thought it might be fun to check it out see what was going on 'cause I'm kinda a monster I guess.

She does finally stop to take a breath.

Cyber Punk
2015-05-17, 07:32 PM
Domnus (dominoes was autocorrect) takes the blood.
I'm an elf vampire of the basic variety. You?

Bar

"Human pre-turning. Vampire of the bladepire variety. Yes, we feed on blood. Yes, we also feed on metal." Sharpe runs a hand through his red hair, and continues wiping glasses. "I'm Sharpe. You're..."

Keiko grins

Thanks!

She takes a sip, and shivers

Oooh... still weird: just like Trog's.

Then question!

It's ok. I like it when it stays cooler, you know: fur and all. I peeked in at Trog's, but it was raining inside and I really don't like being rained on: it makes my fur smell funny and takes forever to dry and I hate blowdriers because they make it too hot and then I start to pant and panting makes me look like a dork and that just ruins the whole day. Then my fur gets all itchy and goes all frizzy and I look like a character from a theme park and little kids come up and want to hug me and people take pictures and I have to explain that I'm not a cartoon character. It's just too weird and so I went looking for somewhere else and I noticed this place, which wasn't here before so I thought it might be fun to check it out see what was going on 'cause I'm kinda a monster I guess.

She does finally stop to take a breath.

Raquel's eyes go wide. The more the fox lady talks, the more fidgety she seems to get. Now she really regrets asking her question. "Oookayy..." She looks around for a bit. "Well, enjoy your drink."

It's evident that she didn't understand a word of what Keiko said.

Fenric
2015-05-17, 07:38 PM
Keiko grins: she's used to that sort of reaction

Okiedokie!

She takes another sip of her drink, causing the involuntary shiver as advertised, which makes her giggle.

goto124
2015-05-17, 08:17 PM
[Hey, it's Valentine's!]

Ezra isn't a pretty boy, Mal. He's a handsome man! :smallbiggrin:

KC comforts Deadra, gently patting her on the back. 'There, there, the journey between 'monster' and 'hero' can be rocky. Good thing the Nexus gives plenty of opportunities to start over, no?'

Out of the blue, the doors of the nightclub slam open to reveal a tall and well-built redhead (http://i.imgur.com/Pnk827Y.png), dressed(?) in a scalemail sling bikini that must've come right out of an MMO. It sounds exactly as extravagant as it sounds.

'I'm back, dearies! Sorry for taking so long, was trying to grab those Valentine bonuses.'

KC waves hello. 'No problem, that stuff eats up time.'

What part of "right out of an MMO" did you not understand?

'Oh, and that big beautiful lady over there! Don't think I've met you before - I'm Axxie, girlfriend of Ezra and KC. Are you having fun?'

Axxie walks up to the table and reaches over to pet Peyton, who chirps happily.

Duck999
2015-05-17, 08:25 PM
Bar

Domnus smiles at the idea of a Sharpe bladepire.
I'm Domnus. This place is nice. I have been rejected my whole life, first for being an elf, then for being a vampire. Here my vampirism can at least be appreciated.

Cyber Punk
2015-05-17, 08:31 PM
Raquel curtsies again and goes to meet Kelcey. "K-Kelcey? Mr. Sharpe hired me. I'm Raquel Hawkins." She curtsies again, while squinting at the boyish lady. Or is it girlish man?

[Bar]

Sharpe smiles. "That's why I built this place, Domnus. I lived in a world where there were more vampires than humans. Everyone should feel a sense of belonging."

Duck999
2015-05-17, 08:40 PM
Bar

Domnus smiles.
That they do. I grew up where there were more humans than elves. As an elf, I was tortured by the human children all the time. This caused me to leave home to adventure before I was trained enough. It led to me becoming a vampire. Many would see it as a curse, but I think I am much better off a vampire.

goto124
2015-05-17, 08:45 PM
Raquel curtsies again and goes to meet Kelcey. "K-Kelcey? Mr. Sharpe hired me. I'm Raquel Hawkins." She curtsies again, while squinting at the boyish lady. Or is it girlish man?

Kelcey turns to face Raquel, and... stares at her. She looks familar...

'Rochelle?' Kelcey boggles.

Fenric
2015-05-17, 08:53 PM
Keiko yawns and flicks her tails as she polishes off the last of her cocktail and considers what to do next. When the new people come in, she eyes them idly.

Cyber Punk
2015-05-17, 09:00 PM
Kelcey turns to face Raquel, and... stares at her. She looks familar...

'Rochelle?' Kelcey boggles.

Not again.

"M-my name is Raquel, not Rochelle." The white-and-black-haired elf says, adjusting her glasses. Her eyes look like they are about to shed tears. "I don't even know who Rochelle is! I'm just a normal girl!"

No, don't cry. Don't cry, Raq-- ah, now you're crying.

She tries her best to wipe her eyes while sniffling. "I just came here."

Domnus smiles.
That they do. I grew up where there were more humans than elves. As an elf, I was tortured by the human children all the time. This caused me to leave home to adventure before I was trained enough. It led to me becoming a vampire. Many would see it as a curse, but I think I am much better off a vampire.

Bar

Sharpe nods. "I hear that! I like being a vampire as well. Sure, the circumstances of my turning was unfortunate, and my bride-to-be committed suicide, but it worked out well in the end." He looks almost wistful. "But then, people tend to hate what they don't understand. Hopefully this place would help reduce that to some extent."

goto124
2015-05-17, 09:29 PM
[The Mistaken Girl]

'What.'

Kelcey continues staring blankly at Raquel, wondering what in the world had happened to Rochelle. Then ze remembers what to do when the person in front of you is crying.

Kelcey raises a palm and a handkerchief, seemingly made of white light, appears in hir hand. 'Use this to wipe your tears.'

Should Raquel take it, it'll feel featherlight and soft as silk.

After giving her enough time to cry a bit, Kelcey says, 'What did people say about y... I mean, Rochelle?'

I miss Rochelle. She was such a good murderhobo.

[The Kitsune]

Meanwhile, the redhead lady hops over to the fox-lady enjoying her special drink!

'Hi, I'm Axanot! she chirps in an unusually child-like (or childish) voice. As her best friend/girlfriend/boyfriend had told her, she's trying not to reach out and hug Keiko's fluffy tails. 'May I know your name? How are you liking our drinks so far?'

Is Keiko's fur currently wet and in need of a hairdryer?

Cyber Punk
2015-05-17, 09:52 PM
[The Mistaken Girl]

If Kelcey saw Rochelle as she is now, she'll regret thinking those thoughts.

Raquel takes the hanky gratefully and uses it to wipe her eyes. She moans as she enjoys the feel of the wonderful material on her cheeks. "T-Thanks."

Raquel starts to speak. "I'm just a girl who came here to learn magic at Zafflebrod's. Some see me and run away, some see me and try to attack me. They call me a psycho bitch. This one child wanted to kill me because someone called Rochelle killed his family. I had to use my powers to calm him! Who would be so horrible?"

She sniffles.

"The ones that don't do anything mention 'my twin sister'. I'm an only child!"

goto124
2015-05-17, 10:21 PM
[The Mistaken Girl]

(Is the b word allowed here?)

Raquel even has the Comic Sans font for her baby pink voice. She's got to be innocent.

'Rochelle was a psycho, and she looks just like you. Why she looks just like you, I'm not sure. The Nexus can do funny things, such as bending time and space to make people with identical appearances but completely different personalities.'

Andolor did that to Kelcey. Nassah resides somewhere within hir... luckily, Nassah is harmless.

'Don't worry. You're very much not Rochelle, and it takes no more than a second for others to tell.'

Cyber Punk
2015-05-17, 10:51 PM
[The Mistaken Girl]

"L-like a mirror world..." Raquel reads a lot, so she'd know about mirror worlds. "I hope I never meet her. I'm not cut out for danger."

Raquel nods gratefully to Kelcey. "T-thank you. You're nice." The shy girl smiles brightly. Her smile is very nice.

Surprising herself, she hugs Kelcey.

Fenric
2015-05-18, 07:13 AM
[The Kitsune Nogitsune]

Meanwhile, the redhead lady hops over to the fox-lady enjoying her special drink!

'Hi, I'm Axanot! she chirps in an unusually child-like (or childish) voice. As her best friend/girlfriend/boyfriend had told her, she's trying not to reach out and hug Keiko's fluffy tails. 'May I know your name? How are you liking our drinks so far?'

Is Keiko's fur currently wet and in need of a hairdryer?

Nope, Keiko's fur is dry: she avoided Trog's so she wouldn't get rained on. She grins

Hi, Axanot! Sure! I'm Keiko no Mae, youngest of the Ninetails... though I've given up on folks being impressed by that anymore because it doesn't mean the same thing here as it did back home.

Then she turns her glass upside-down, demonstrating its lack of content

It was just the way it was supposed to be... which is kinda weird, honestly, but fun sometimes. Do you work here?

goto124
2015-05-18, 09:13 AM
[The Mistaken Girl]

Kelcey returns a light hug to Raquel. When she lets go, Kelcey tells her, 'I must attend to a customer. Best of luck,' then goes off to Keiko.

[I had to google Nogitsune]

'Ah, Japanese mythology! I guess it'll take a Japanese or such to really understand. Can't say I empathise with you, but I can imagine it sucks a bit.'

When Keiko turns her glass over, Kelcey goes to her and asks, 'Hello, would you like a refill, or another drink?' If Keiko says yes (and states which drink she wants), Kelcey will take the glass and head behind the bar.

'Oh yes, I do work here. First time I got a job- I've been an adventurer for ages.'

Keiko may or may not know how rich adventurers are.

'I'm a... head bouncer I think? NPC bouncers do the main job of standing at the door, and I only have to wait for them to report to me. Something like that.'

Gives her plenty of time to adventure!

'Although, this Ninetails thing, what does it mean to you?' Axanot asks. Religion doesn't run strong in her homeworld.

Fenric
2015-05-18, 10:11 AM
[Keiko]

Keiko giggles

Sort of... imagine if Japan and China were a lot more mixed up together. I never really paid attention to the stories about Earth and lessons get so boring...

then she shakes her head

No... one of that is enough, I think. Gimme a Three Wise Men

Then she giggles immaturely at "bouncer", thinking about rather completely different things than throwing people out of a bar for misconduct. Then she gets around to answering the question.

Well: there's only six of us back home, to begin with! We're the kids of a sorceress and the demon-dragon Orochi. All girls - isn't that weird? My sisters are better at the long blathery description than I am, sorry... I was only 16 when stupid grumpy goodie-two-shoes people broke in and killed everyone and I had to go to an awful hell place until my oldest sister managed to convince Inari to rescue us and now I have to work for her, but I managed to break the rules again while helping one of her buddies and now I'm stuck here for... uh...

Keiko frowns and puzzles for a short while before shrugging and resuming her rambling talk

I dunno. A while? I think I'm supposed to learn to behave... heh... Anyway, I can still get back home if I try hard enough, and I can still get to all my stuff, and Daddy still gives me my allowance, so it's not too bad.
Our descendants back home have their own little kingdom in these really nifty mountains and we watch over them. And I would go pester the human villages because there are a lot of meanies who totally deserve it and so they started calling me "wild". And I'd rather be wild than be like the dang near domesticated Kitsune who live at the temple! But I hardly ever ate anyone because that's kinda bad... only if they really asked for it. Or here, where there are people who quite literally ask for it and give me bits of metal and jewelry and stuff 'cause they want to go live in Shadows instead of here.

goto124
2015-05-18, 10:28 AM
[Keiko!]

As Kelcey takes the glass and begins walking away, Keiko gets into a talkative mood! Axanot's eyes grow wide in horror...

Seeing the frightened look on hir girlfriend's face, Kelcey returns and pokes the barbarian on the ear. Immediately, Axanot lets out a sigh of relief.

When Keiko finishes, Kelcey pokes Axanot again. The redhead blinks, then stares at nothing in particular, as if concentrating on an invisible thing. If Keiko uses her Detect Invis or equivalenst, she should find nothing.

'Sorry about that. Please give her a little time to read through all of it. Hope you understand.' KC apologises sheepishly.

With that, Kelcey goes to get a glass of Three Wise Men, whatever that is.

Fenric
2015-05-18, 10:32 AM
[Keiko]

Keiko tilts her head

Oh, she can read the ceiling, too? I haven't learned to do that yet. A couple of my sisters can, and I know Myobi can read all sorts of things... she tried to explain once, but it was too weird and gave me a headache.

The "Three Wise Men": Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, and Johnnie Walker. One shot of each, mixed, over ice.

goto124
2015-05-18, 10:48 AM
[Keiko]

I was expecting something more... fantasy :smalltongue:

Kelcey returns with the drink. 'Not sure what reading the ceiling is *cranes neck to look upwards* but what I meant was, she's reading everything you just said. I'm not sure how to explain this without hurting your head, but it's got to do with her being from a computer game. Not sure if you've heard of that from travelling the Nexus.'

Axanot's eyes return to normal. 'Er... that took longer than I should have. Anyway, I would rather be wild than stuck in a temple all the time too! Any PC would've made that choice!'

Kelcey glares at and pokes Axanot, then turns back to Keiko. 'Do forgive her. She likes to use computer game terms. Anyway, what is this place you call the Shadows?'

Fenric
2015-05-18, 11:14 AM
[The girl from a webcomic rather than a video game]

Keiko nods

Oh, yeah! Like the Star-Craft guys! And aren't those pokey-things a game, too? I'm pretty sure I heard someone say they were. We don't have computers back on our home world, and I got a really stern lecture about not telling folks back home about stuff I see here in the Nexus 'cause it will mess up the balance whatever that means. Anyways, I guess she means "Playable Character", right? 'cause the only other PC I know is "Personal Computer" which doesn't make any sense.

Oh, well... at least she's close

And I don't worry about it when people start saying things I don't understand. It happens a lot, and I figure that if its important somebody will explain, and if they don't explain then it can't possibly be all that important - am I right?

And the Shadows! It's a place! Um... see, this is where we need one of those schoolbook folks to come out and ramble on... It's half light, half dark, and uh... has its own sort of magic. It touches the material world in two dimensions but has a different third one, and uh... See, if I use my fox magic, I can drain people's emotions... that doesn't really hurt them and they'll come back eventually. But I can go all faded and ghosty and my eyes glow red and then if I touch someone it drains away their strength and they can die and if they do then they turn into Shadows. If I don't rescue them right away they turn into nasty hissy monster things like in Midnight Park, but if I take them back to the Shadows right away then they usually turn into shade-imps and I have a job placement place that I take them to so they can find something to do and I get a referral fee if they take a job there. Sometimes they turn into shade-wights or even wraiths, then I take them back to Daddy's castle 'cause he's always looking for new servants and they're usually really happy to take the positions.

Her ears fold a little... somehow, people always seem to get unhappy around this point in her talking.

Sorry... I know I talk too much...

She takes the drink gratefully and sniffs at it before taking a sip.

Cyber Punk
2015-05-18, 11:21 AM
[Keiko]

Not knowing what to do, Raquel follows Kelcey and listens in to the conversation, her eyes wide. She'd never played games much (apart from board games with the old hermit), but to think that there are people from computer games...

"Y-you are a personal computer?" She curtsies in greeting to Axanot, something common among the different versions of Rochelle, and adjusts her glasses (something unique to her, she adjusts them when nervous, which is all the time).

Personal computer. That's what PC means!

Raquel boggles again as Keiko talks. In order to make it easy for others, she whistles a tune, casting an illusion where Keiko's words appear as letters projected on the wall.

Duck999
2015-05-18, 02:49 PM
Bar

Sharpe nods. "I hear that! I like being a vampire as well. Sure, the circumstances of my turning was unfortunate, and my bride-to-be committed suicide, but it worked out well in the end." He looks almost wistful. "But then, people tend to hate what they don't understand. Hopefully this place would help reduce that to some extent."

Bar
((Is red the universal monster speech color?))
Domnus nods agreement.
Some people also hate what isn't them, and a lot of people aren't elf vampires.
He pauses.
Those sound like some bad conditions of turning. I have no clue what happened to my family, or even if they are alive. I don't even know how long I have been a vampire. But as you said, all is well that ends well. And this place seems like a great place to end things well.

goto124
2015-05-18, 06:51 PM
[Keiko the Foxgirl with Shadow Powers]

Kelcey turns to Raquel. 'Don't mean to be rude, but please wait a moment- Axxie's a bit busy right now.'

Oh, yeah! Like the Star-Craft guys! And aren't those pokey-things a game, too? I'm pretty sure I heard someone say they were. We don't have computers back on our home world, and I got a really stern lecture about not telling folks back home about stuff I see here in the Nexus 'cause it will mess up the balance whatever that means. Anyways, I guess she means "Playable Character", right? 'cause the only other PC I know is "Personal Computer" which doesn't make any sense.

'Yea, spot on!' the duo gasp with surprise, accidentally answering Raquel's question. Nevermind that they're from a text-based adventure game.

And the Shadows! It's a place! Um... see, this is where we need one of those schoolbook folks to come out and ramble on... It's half light, half dark, and uh... has its own sort of magic. It touches the material world in two dimensions but has a different third one, and uh... See, if I use my fox magic, I can drain people's emotions... that doesn't really hurt them and they'll come back eventually. But I can go all faded and ghosty and my eyes glow red and then if I touch someone it drains away their strength and they can die and if they do then they turn into Shadows. If I don't rescue them right away they turn into nasty hissy monster things like in Midnight Park, but if I take them back to the Shadows right away then they usually turn into shade-imps and I have a job placement place that I take them to so they can find something to do and I get a referral fee if they take a job there. Sometimes they turn into shade-wights or even wraiths, then I take them back to Daddy's castle 'cause he's always looking for new servants and they're usually really happy to take the positions.

Her ears fold a little... somehow, people always seem to get unhappy around this point in her talking.

Sorry... I know I talk too much...

Neither Axanot nor KC find any reason to be upset. The former reaches out for Keiko's ears, but the latter grabs her arm and glares sternly at her. Axxie fully retracts her arm, an apologetic look on her face.

While Axxie reads, KC says, 'It's okay. You didn't use overly complicated words, and it's easier when you can almost literally read words like a book.' Like what Raquel did with her illusion of words on the wall.

Axanot pokes herself, then says, 'Midnight Park? I was there with Sharpe! Helped Mistress Sweet Spring kill some nightgaunts there- she even rewarded me! Don't tell me they used to be PCs?' Axanot boggles.

Talking to Keiko, KC says, 'You do have some impressive powers, Keiko. Remind me not to mess with you.'

Not that it's that bad to be a wraith servant in a castle, especially if you compare it to getting killed again by an adventurer. These two people, being freedom lovers, would rather avoid it though.

Fenric
2015-05-18, 08:22 PM
[Keiko]

(( I have always used red for my darker characters. :smallsmile: ))

Keiko sighs in palpable relief as the assembled folks don't immediately turn on her.

Thanks. And no... I'm pretty sure they were all NPC's or even just natural wild shadows - they can be pretty unpleasant.

But Nightgaunts are from the Gloom - they're a lot worse.

Her ears are bouncing up and down: now she's a little embarrassed by the praise. This, in turn, makes her fail a will check she doesn't realize that she has to make and she takes out her ball. It is black like her fur, with a shimmering multicolored pearlescent sheen. She rolls it around absently, as if she didn't realize she even had it out (which is, in fact, correct). It is gently hypnotic to look at - but in the subdued manner of flowing water or fire or other distracting things.

It's not that special, really... I've hardly learned anything yet: just stuff I was born with or granted powers from my sister.

Arkhosia
2015-05-18, 08:31 PM
A woman enters, clad in a violet scarf and Black tee shirt. A snowy skirt is paired with black tights and white combat boots. The albino-haired woman wears a black military cap, her left eye a vivid violet while her right remains below an eyepatch. Black fingerless gloves adorn her hands, and a tundra-white military jacket is slung over her shoulder.
Blanche surveys the location as she enters, leaving the cleaver-like blade to rest upon her back.

goto124
2015-05-18, 09:00 PM
[Keiko]

(( I have always used red for my darker characters. :smallsmile: ))

Keiko sighs in palpable relief as the assembled folks don't immediately turn on her.

Thanks. And no... I'm pretty sure they were all NPC's or even just natural wild shadows - they can be pretty unpleasant.

But Nightgaunts are from the Gloom - they're a lot worse.

Her ears are bouncing up and down: now she's a little embarrassed by the praise. This, in turn, makes her fail a will check she doesn't realize that she has to make and she takes out her ball. It is black like her fur, with a shimmering multicolored pearlescent sheen. She rolls it around absently, as if she didn't realize she even had it out (which is, in fact, correct). It is gently hypnotic to look at - but in the subdued manner of flowing water or fire or other distracting things.

It's not that special, really... I've hardly learned anything yet: just stuff I was born with or granted powers from my sister.

[Keiko]

Kelcey spots the new customer, says an 'Excuse me, I must get back to work,' then goes to attend to her. Leaving Axanot with Keiko.

'A lot worse? Those nightgaunts did nothing- only got a bit of flesh off my body. Nothing a simple Heal pot can't fix. Sharpe got unnecessarily worried about it somehow,' she shrugs. It's great to be a tank who can also quaff potions mid-combat.

Axanot watches the ball as well. Pretty! Without any knowledge of it, it's impossible to say what it does. If it does anything. Does it bounce?

'You can already drain emotions and turn someone into shadows. That's more impressive than simply dealing damage.'

(Fenric: I saw Trog's. Does Keiko need help hiding? :smallbiggrin:)

Aric Kale
2015-05-18, 11:45 PM
A Job'd Be Nice

A suit of black and purple beskar'gam armor walks in. Funnily enough, there just so happens to be a person inside as well!
Kote Atin, Mandalorian Bounty Hunter and Sniper Extraordinaire, has realized that he needs to get a job while waiting on his crew.

Maybe a bouncer isn't the most illustrious career, but his armor is iron and his will is too. He isn't concerned by monsters, having traveled across many galaxies, and he's capable of taking a dealing a considerable amount of damage.

Basically, if you don't know what a Mandalorian is, he's a Space Spartan (Greece not Halo).

Fenric
2015-05-19, 08:45 AM
[Keiko]

(( No: she's not avoiding the Freakshow - she hired them, and it's all quite reasonable and proper. ))

Keiko idly spins the ball: it sounds heavy, like stone or glass, and probably wouldn't bounce. It has several different abilities, but none of them are in use right now so that's of little help. Doesn't help that our oblivious little foxie is too distracted to notice it's there.

Worse than wild shadows, I mean. And yeah, I guess so... but I still need to learn how to use the other abilities I'm supposed to have. It's never mattered before, but I'm supposed to be able...

She had picked her hand up, gesturing about but still holding the ball, and it finally catches her eye.

What the...? A black Kitsune ball? Aww... man...

Cyber Punk
2015-05-19, 11:27 AM
((Using red for Sharpe was a spur of the moment thing. :smallsmile:))

[Keiko]

Raquel curtsies and leaves, taking her illusion with her. So Axanot and Kelcey are from a video game. The Nexus is strange.

Little does she know that she's from a novel and that her evil twin is from a 80's anime (a la Fist Of The North Star).

She approaches Blanche and curtsies. "Hello miss. I'm Raquel. Can I get you something?"

[Bar]

Sharpe chuckles. "All's well that ends well." He clears his throat as he looks around the club, then back at Domnus. "So you're the wandering sort, eh?" A pause. "Three seconds, please."

Sharpe takes a piece of metal from a jar full of pieces of metal and starts eating it. He looks in the direction of the Space Spartan.

>Dagger-Tell to Axxie.

His red eyes glow.

(Group) Klaus Sharpe: Axxie, we have a new aspiring Bouncer.

Aric Kale
2015-05-19, 12:30 PM
Bar

Atin's sensor arrays interpret Sharpe's words for him, which also let's him know who he needs to talk to.

He walks over to Sharpe. What's a Mando gotta do to get a job around here? Kote asks, crossing his arms.

He isn't a large man, so Axxie may not think he'd make a good bouncer, but this clearly isn't Kote's first rodeo, as evidenced by his armor, his weapons, and his aura.
As for weapons, he carries a large sniper rifle slung across his back, a short blade strapped to his leg, and a shield emitter on his left arm.

Cyber Punk
2015-05-19, 01:36 PM
[Bar]

((Atin shouldn't be able to, as it's a mind/soul communication between Sharpe and that particular girlfriend of his.))

(Group) Klaus Sharpe: 'Nevermind.'

Sharpe doesn't know what a Mando is, but he was right, this being is looking for a job. "Howdy there. You talk to me, for starters. What can I do for you?"

Arkhosia
2015-05-19, 01:38 PM
Blanche thinks for a moment.
Just a glass of [generic cola/soda], please.
The woman requests.
You guys won't get the wrong idea if I clean my weapon here, would you? I'd rather not have an incorrect accusement of planning to attack happen, she inquires.

Duck999
2015-05-19, 01:39 PM
Bar-Wanderer

Domnus nods.
Yeah, wandered ever since a bit before I became a vampire, however long ago that was.
He gestures to red markings (war paint?) on his chest.
I don't even remember where I got these or what they are, but they aren't scars, and they won't go away.
He smiles.

Aric Kale
2015-05-19, 04:47 PM
[Bar]

((Atin shouldn't be able to, as it's a mind/soul communication between Sharpe and that particular girlfriend of his.))

(Group) Klaus Sharpe: 'Nevermind.'

Sharpe doesn't know what a Mando is, but he was right, this being is looking for a job. "Howdy there. You talk to me, for starters. What can I do for you?"

Bar

)(My bad, I thought it was whispered aloud)(

Atin removes his helmet and tucks it against his side, like a football.
I don't know jack about mixing drinks, but I can knock a few heads together when they've had a few too many.
Ya got a place for me, boss?
His tone isn't exactly disrespectful, but it's obvious that the man has a fairly easy-going way of life.

Oh, and the name's Kote Atin.

goto124
2015-05-19, 06:42 PM
((I drew Kelcey away from Blanche. Sorry about that.))

[Bar]

Sharpe chuckles. "All's well that ends well." He clears his throat as he looks around the club, then back at Domnus. "So you're the wandering sort, eh?" A pause. "Three seconds, please."

Sharpe takes a piece of metal from a jar full of pieces of metal and starts eating it. He looks in the direction of the Space Spartan.

>Dagger-Tell to Axxie.

His red eyes glow.

(Group) Klaus Sharpe: Axxie, we have a new aspiring Bouncer.

Axanot turns to look at Sharpe, and starts walking towards him.

(Group) XxangelotT: hey, gtell works here!
(Group) Lord Nassah: glad to hear the aardwolf flags worked
(Group) XxangelotT: i see the applicant. do i have to interview him? idk how to do that sorta thing
(Group) Lord Nassah: theres not much to interview him about, is there?
(Group) XxangelotT: i must admit, when i was told to be head bouncer, i thought i would handle only npc bouncers...

Cyber Punk
2015-05-20, 04:42 AM
Raquel simply curtsies. "Of course we won't. This place has magical wards that'll prevent anyone from attacking anyone successfully."

Then she rushes to the bar to get her Cola.

[A Wanderer Walks In A Bar]

"D'you mind if I examine it?" Sharpe will examine the markings via magical means if he's allowed, otherwise he'd simply apologize. "I mean nothing by it."

He turns to Kote. "Well, Kote, I'm sure a bouncer job'll suit you just fine." He glances to Axanot.

(Group) Klaus Sharpe: KC, why d'you insist on keeping your name as Lord Nassah? Feels weird.
(Group) Klaus Sharpe: We'll interview him together as needed, love.

Duck999
2015-05-20, 05:26 AM
A wanderer walks into a bar. Ouch

Domnus nods. The markings look something like the ones on this guy's stomach:
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee508/Kymme777/RequestbyDuck999_zpsbbf03c8c.png
They are not at all magical, and seem more like war paint than anything else. Except for the fact that they cannot be removed.
They aren't even bothersome or anything. They're just there.

goto124
2015-05-20, 07:59 AM
[A Wanderer Walks Into A Bar. Take 1d6 damage.]

Axanot looks at Kote. 'Overprepared, huh? she grins.

Her attention is quickly captured by Domnus though. When Sharpe talks, Axanot grins even wider, and wriggles her eyebrows. This earns a disapproving jab from Kelcey.

(Group) Lord Nassah: i didnt insist, sharpe. im stuck with it
(Group) Lord Nassah nick kelcey
(Group) Lord Nassah: bah. you could change your nick, try changing mine?

((As per our IRC chat, there! :D)

Aric Kale
2015-05-20, 11:47 AM
Bar

Alright, how frequent are paydays and when do I start?
Every instinct tells Atin to put his helmet back on his head. After all, to many of the creatures in this pub, he's prey.

His head turns to face Axanot, No such thing as overprepared, only over supplied. Don't worry, I won't normally bring the big guns along for the ride.
Kote maintains his relaxed composure, standing at ease.

Cyber Punk
2015-05-20, 10:58 PM
[Wandering Bar Guy]

"Hmm... looks like a war tattoo of sorts." He observes, then straightens up. "Can't say where it's from, though."

(Group) Klaus_Sharpe: /nick Lord Nassah -> Nancy_KC
(Group) Klaus_Sharpe: There!
(Group) Klaus_Sharpe: /nick me -> K_Sharpe
(Group) K_Sharpe: Let's make up for lost time, Nancy.

Sharpe winks at KC.

Sharpe grins at Kote. "Paydays per week. You can start now." He points to Axanot. "She's in charge of bouncers."

goto124
2015-05-20, 11:24 PM
[Wandering Guy Bar]

(Group) Nancy_KC: ...
(Group) Nancy_KC: it worked!
(Group) Nancy_KC beams at K_Sharpe.
(Group) Nancy_KC: make up for lost time? what do you mean?
(Group) XxangelotT: making up by making out!
(Group) Nancy_KC: ... really? now?

Axanot starts fumbling. 'Well er... just stand at the door. We have a no-violence spell here, took ages to wrap my mind around it, must be from Shadowrun or something, so it shouldn't be too bad. Worse come to worst, teleport them.'

Cyber Punk
2015-05-20, 11:31 PM
While Sharpe waits for their answers:

(Group) K_Sharpe: Yep, now =3
(Group) K_Sharpe: Axxie and I made out lots. Time to balance it.
(Group) K_Sharpe: Nono, don't change or anything. Just come here and kiss me.

He moves closer to Kelcey and takes hir hand.

goto124
2015-05-20, 11:50 PM
KC looks around nervously. In front of all these people?

Xe takes a step closer, leans forward and... pecks Sharpe on the cheek.

Did you expect more?

Cyber Punk
2015-05-20, 11:59 PM
Sharpe shakes his head disapprovingly and plants a big kiss on her lips. "You both are my women. Axxie has gotten over being shy of public kissing. Maybe. Why are you so shy?"

goto124
2015-05-21, 12:53 AM
Sharpe shakes his head disapprovingly and plants a big kiss on hir lips. "You both are my women. Axxie has gotten over being shy of public kissing. Maybe. Why are you so shy?"

To call it a big kiss may be an understatement. When Sharpe starts kissing, KC... gets into it.

:smallredface:

When they finally let go, Axanot claps as Sharpe says his line.

(Group) XxangelotT: was i ever? :3
(Group) Nancy_KC: because i am?
(Group) XxangelotT: is kc an woman? :P
(Group) Nancy_KC: idk :P
(Group) Nancy_KC: funny how im sure who my lovers are, when im not even sure of my own gender

Cyber Punk
2015-05-21, 04:59 AM
Sharpe's eyes widen at that last comment.

(Group) K_Sharpe: Well, you're MY woman.
(Group) K_Sharpe boggles
(Group) K_Sharpe: But in Masq, you said you were female. After checking to know for sure.

Sharpe clears his throat to let Kote and Domnus know he hasn't forgotten about them. He still looks confused though.

After a moment's thought, he winks at KC.

(Group) K_Sharpe: Still, you're my woman, no matter what your gender is.

Duck999
2015-05-21, 05:25 AM
A man walks into a wandering bar

No one can say where they're from.
He frowns.
They aren't bothersome, so for the most part I just ignore them.

Aric Kale
2015-05-21, 06:48 PM
Bar

And now everyone is kissing.
Kote isn't sure which one is Axanot, so he'll wait to be introduced.

In the meantime, he'll look around the room, trying to get a layout of the pub.
If he was going to work here, it'd be best to know how to defend it.

)(I'm having difficulty tracking what's all relevant to my character with all of the spoilered text, so if I miss something, let me know.)(

Fenric
2015-05-21, 06:52 PM
Keiko embarrassedly puts her ball away, hoping nobody else noticed - the people who did notice didn't seem to care, so that's a blessing.

She finishes her second drink without an audience and fishes a few coins out to pay and sneak off when two of her cultists come in. This causes her to groan

Oh holy Tamamo...

goto124
2015-05-21, 06:57 PM
((Spoilered text is relevant only for F-Eagle and I.)

(Group) Nancy_KC: glad to hear

KC smiles at Sharpe, if a little awkwardly. Axanot reaches over and ruffles hir yellow hair playfully.

[Relevant to Kote]

Actually, didn't Axanot talk to Kote earlier? She's the friendly redhead barbarian.

Here's what she said:

Axanot starts fumbling. 'Well er... just stand at the door. We have a no-violence spell here, took ages to wrap my mind around it, must be from Shadowrun or something, so it shouldn't be too bad. Worse come to worst, teleport them.'

Lost_Deep
2015-05-21, 08:28 PM
A moment after the cultists enter, a pair of ladies with cybernetics follows. Keiko may recognize the blonde, but the person she's with in a Kilt and with a giant saw instead of a left arm? That's a bit different. The pair is watching the cultists, and doesn't notice Keiko immediately. This opening is helped by the blonde pointing out the 'no fighting' rules to the saw girl.

Fenric
2015-05-21, 08:30 PM
Keiko blinks in utter astonishment

Matthew... Lewis... did you actually do something useful for a change?

The pair look at each other, then look back at Keiko and nod very sincerely. Keiko waves to the Freak she recognizes

Hey! Over here! Looking for me?! Is it all done?

Lost_Deep
2015-05-21, 08:51 PM
"Mmhm!" the blonde says, striding forward. "there's even some still alive. Might want to work fast, though!"

"I like this place!" The woman in the kilt says. "It's like Pocket D, but gnarlier. I could get used to this."

Fenric
2015-05-21, 09:21 PM
Keiko shakes her head

Can't.... there's a minder watching. But that's not your problem: so, I had one of Daddy's servants get everything all lined up in a cube so it won't rain all over. Are you ready?

Yeah... 1200 half-ounces of gold in the middle of a tavern. What an awesome idea! But it's the Freak's call...

Lost_Deep
2015-05-21, 09:31 PM
"What, here? No. We do it at a place of my choosing. Leave the tweedles here and I'll show you where."

Minder? That sounds like something that might be an issue. Also, 'Daddy?' Likely not Kilt's issue, but... still something worth noting.

Fenric
2015-05-21, 09:35 PM
Incorporeal Fenric "pbbbbbts" at the Freak :smallbiggrin:

Keiko nods

Yo! Um... high priest and... uh...

One of the pair looks chagrined

Champion!

Keiko sighs

Yeah. High priest and champion: mind my spot, buy drinks no less frequently than once every half hour, and tip twenty percent until I return.

The pair stare at her in wide-eyed astonishment

Hey, you serve a Demigoddess? You get more mundane tasks. You still want a chance at my father's palace?

The mooks nod vigorously

Thought so.

She turns back to the freaks

Lead on, then: I certainly don't mean to keep you waiting!

Cyber Punk
2015-05-21, 09:40 PM
[Wandering Bar!]

Sharpe takes Kelcey's hand and licks hir ear.

"Still, Domnus. How have you been finding the Nexus? Also, heard of Malechenar?"

[Kote]

(See OP for layout.)

Sharpe points to the redhead. "This is Axanot, my lady." He points to the androgynous blonde. "This is Kelcey, also my WOMAN." Then he looks around. "Where's Desiree?"

Lost_Deep
2015-05-21, 09:47 PM
The freaks will lead out, heading for their little base in Inside: Freaktown.

((in the home thread))

Fenric
2015-05-21, 09:49 PM
Keiko heads out... leaving two quite human mid-twenties guys in strange not-quite-black outfits sitting at her table.

And she didn't leave them any money.

And she told them to order drinks.

Matthew and Lewis look around for a waitress or waiter who might help them.

goto124
2015-05-21, 10:16 PM
[WanderBar]

Sharpe should quickly realise that KC has no ears. Instead, he'll taste a patch of blood where hir ears would normally be.

(Group) XxangelotT: Femalechenar!

Axanot shrugs. 'Haven't seen her.'

Lady Serpentine
2015-05-22, 02:52 AM
[Bar - Enter the Angels]

The patrons - and more important the bouncers - may end up a bit... Wary... as the newest patron enters; she is not, after all, a monster in the traditional sens. And given her iconography... Well. She's got metal angel's wings, a glowing sword on her back, and power armor on - unless that's just part of her body. Fear that she's about to start some sort of crusade is pretty reasonable, really.

Though despite that the dark-haired woman (who, on metal spikes rather than feet or boots, floats several feet off the floor) doesn't make any overtly threatening moves, simply looking around once she reaches the middle of the room. Probably. The glowing blue-white visor that covers her eyes makes it rather hard to tell what her eyes are doing.

goto124
2015-05-22, 03:06 AM
[Bar - Return of the Mechangel]

Axanot turns to see the angel. Slowly, a look of familarity crosses her face, and she grins. 'Akaris, is that you?' she asks as she walks towards the newcomer, her arms spread wide in an attempt to give a big hug! The redhead might cut herself a bit. It's okay!

'Where have you been- on some epic adventures?' Axanot asks Akaris.

Felandria
2015-05-22, 03:18 AM
Deadra

Deadra Blackfyre strides into the club (or awkwardly makes hr way through the doorway, depending on how big the front entrance is), dressed to the nines in her dark, dark purple dress, choker, fingerless lace gloves and studded platform boots.

Back where she is from, she ruled the underdark, and she made her way through the club as though these were her subjects as well.

She scanned the club, hoping to find the person she was supposed to meet tonight.

Cyber Punk
2015-05-22, 03:28 AM
Fixer enters the nightclub and looks around. Sharpe had always told him he wanted to create a business that catered to monsters. He spots Sharpe and starts to walk towards him when he sights Axanot.

Funny. He used to hate her for being magic scum. Now he doesn't, partly due to meeting magic users that are actually good and responsible, obtaining a magic shield and also hearing from Sharpe that she's his new girlfriend. Or one of them, at least.

Fixer walks up to Axanot and offers a hand. "Hi. I'm Fixer, a close friend of Sharpe. You must be Axanot."

[B][WanderBar]

Sharpe should quickly realise that KC has no ears. Instead, he'll taste a patch of blood where hir ears would normally be.

"Que?" Sharpe draws back before he tries to bite Kelcey's head off and suck her blood. "What happened to your ears?"

Lady Serpentine
2015-05-22, 03:28 AM
[Bar - 'Glowing Sword' Didn't Mean 'Lightsaber'!]

Akaris is as careful as she can be with her wings as she returns the hug tightly, grinning down at her friend - but it's still possible that Axxie will end up getting cut on the sharpened feathers, seeing as nothing exactly marks her as the most cautious person in existence, and there's only so much care either of them can take in any case. "That it is. It's good to see you again too. And a few adventures, yeah - nothing big, just settling in stuff. How about you? Any more run-ins with hordes of demons and overexcited tentacle-monsters, or was that a one time deal?"

When Fixer walks over, though, the mechangel steps back cautiously, looking him over; it takes her a moment to be sure, but... Yes, this is the one who was looking over Axanot in Trog's. And called her enemy. Interesting, that he would be polite now, though she doesn't trust it, and her hand twitches towards the hilt of her sword for a moment before she thinks better of it. Starting the fight herself isn't going to make anyone happy with her, least of all her friend, since she apparently knows the owner somehow.

goto124
2015-05-22, 04:08 AM
[Bar- Angels and Robots, not mutually exclusive

Axanot only gets a few cuts on her hand and forearms. She doesn't seem to notice- she didn't even bother with heals. 'I see! I myself went for a short quest in Midnight Park with Sharpe, then a really long one in Masq. It's been fun!'

Then Fixer enters and greets!

Axanot didn't even spot Fixer back at Trog's, so as far as she's concerned it's their first meeting.

'Hello, Fixer, and yes I'm Axanot! Also known as Axxie!' she beams, noting his robot-like voice. She shakes Fixer's cyborg hand with her own very mildly bloody one.

'Oh yea, I should mention, Akaris- Sharpe's my boyfriend!' Axanot gestures to him, who is with an androgynous blond-head. 'And next to him is Kelcey, my girlfrie...boyfr... my lover! So is Desiree, but she's not here yet.'

[Sharpe and KC]

'Oh, that. Eusta helped cut them off,' KC says, almost nonchalantly. 'SInce I was a horrible son and all. He figured it would be an embarrassment for an elf to lose his ears.'

KC grins. 'But Andoloran races are just refluffed humans with different racial bonuses! Not that Eusta would know that.'

Duck999
2015-05-22, 05:35 AM
[Wandering Bar!]

Sharpe takes Kelcey's hand and licks hir ear.

"Still, Domnus. How have you been finding the Nexus? Also, heard of Malechenar?"

WonderWander Bar

Domnus makes a strange face, then answers the questions.
The Nexus is a nice place, most of the time. I have never heard of this Malechenar though.
Domnus leans forward on his elbows, interested.

Aric Kale
2015-05-22, 03:21 PM
[Kote]

(See OP for layout.)

Sharpe points to the redhead. "This is Axanot, my lady." He points to the androgynous blonde. "This is Kelcey, also my WOMAN." Then he looks around. "Where's Desiree?"

Bar - Kote

Atin nods to each in turn.
Kote Atin, new hire. A pleasure, I'm sure...

He seems mostly interested in finding a corner and watching the crowd.

)(Translate: Aric is not good at following fast-paced new threads :smalleek:)(

Cyber Punk
2015-05-22, 08:12 PM
[Bar - Plasma Angel]

Fixer smiles. "I'm glad to see that my friend Sharpe is happy." Then he hears the name Akaris and turns to face the mechangel.

Then he grins.

"The Lady of Chains, as I live and breathe." Assuming he could be called a living being. He's more unlife. "Fancy seeing you here." He offers a hand, his purple hand covered by a purple visor looking into her own visored eyes, a smug grin on his face.

[Wunderbar]

Sharpe looks bewildered, then his eyes soften. "Want me to heal them, Nancy?" The takes hir hand and strokes it gently.

Sharpe clears his throat as he turns to Domnus. "Malechenar is a floating castle in Riverside for vampires. They help give vampires a place to stay, a place to belong, things to do... there are quite a lot of types too."

goto124
2015-05-23, 01:03 AM
[Bar - Metal Angel]

Axanot momentarily wonders if Fixer breathes, but realises there isn't really a non-rude way to check.

At the moment she just lets Fixer and Akaris talk.

[Wanderbar]

KC sighs. 'Like the wounds on my arms, they're cursed. It's why I haven't grown the ears back. At least these ones are covered by my hair, so no need to try healing them.'

Lady Serpentine
2015-05-23, 01:29 AM
[Bar - Caution: Objects in Bar Less Holy Than They Appear]

"Correct." She frowns slightly, looking in distrust at the offered hand for a moment before she takes it - and giving it a hard squeeze when she does, using her armor to enhance her grip. It may be silly, but... She feels like reminding him that she's not forgotten their previous talk, and is still confident that she can beat him, if it comes that.

"Greetings... Shadow." She stresses the title a bit, raising her voice just enough for Axanot to be more likely to take notice that that isn't the name he introduced himself with, and he apparently had no intention of informing her about his different identities, whereas she, at least, is up-front about her names, even if she does have three. "I've not forgotten you either. And yes, it is a bit of a coincidence, isn't it, that I should come check in on my friend the very night you see her again?"

The mechangel smirks a little at that last, a bruise-like wave of dark blue and black washing over her visor and through the stylized chains implanted around her eyes; while it's all very polite, Fixer, at least, and possibly Axxie too, can probably tell that Akaris is warning him off, and at least implying that she keeps an eye on him.

Cyber Punk
2015-05-23, 06:20 PM
[Bar - Metal Angel]

Does Fixer breathe? Well... no.

Fixer feels the hard squeeze and returns with a squeeze of his own, his eyes never leaving hers. Even though he's gotten over his magic hatred, mostly because of the boy Arlen, he can't help but wonder how a fight between he and the mechangel would go.

Pity. They could be allies too, if she wasn't being so hostile. Like she's begging for a fight.

Just like last time.

"Shadow? Akaris (he heard Axanot call the name), there is no Shadow here. Not anymore." He stresses the last two words as well, hoping she'd take the hint. The living nanosuit looks around, then back at Akaris. "Well, seeing as the owner of this bar is my very good friend..." He leaves the rest unsaid, but what he's essentially saying: Yes, it's just a coincidence.

He turns to Axanot. "I guess I can tell you, since you're my best friend's girl. You can call me Pearce." Yes, you. Not Chain Lady over there.

Fixer senses the warning, and laughs out loud. Yep, this guy who rarely laughs actually does laugh. He wouldn't be doing so if the mechangel didn't have the 'mech' part.

"Akaris my dear, I have nothing against Axanot, and I no longer have anything against you, even though you're trying your best to make sure that isn't the case."

[THE BAR]

"Oh, KC." Sharpe says, and moves to hug her tightly. "You've been through so much." He pecks hir on the neck, then looks straight at hir, eyes full of love. "I won't let anything harm you that way again. You know that, right?"

goto124
2015-05-23, 09:28 PM
[Bar - Metal Angel]

'Hello, Pearce,' Axanot says awkwardly as she finally makes her Sense Motive check. 'Er... we have an anti-violence spell in this place.'

Why is Axanot rolling Diplomancy? Why?

'... and Sharpe's over there.' Axanot gestures to the vampire, then realises he's getting all loving with KC. Uh, okay.

[THE CAPITAL LETTERS BAR]

KC is also feeling awkward too, for a rather different reason. '...yea, I know you won't.' Hir nose turns red.

KC notices Fixer and Akaris, but to hir they're just 'purple cyborg man' and 'lady cyborg with metal wings' respectively.

The Alexandrian
2015-05-24, 08:01 PM
[Bar - Rawr! Meow!]

Fixer is a purple cyborg man, Akaris is a lady cyborg with metal wings, Kelcey is an androgynous earless elf, and Desiree is a mature Bengal tiger with a serviceable drab satchel dangling from her mouth.

Desiree casually trots into the club and, after completing a cursory visual scan of the area, over to Axanot's side because Sharpe is busy macking on Kelcey in public and Axanot might look even more bodacious and awesome with her sitting on the ground beside her left leg!

goto124
2015-05-24, 11:48 PM
[Bar - Mrrow]

Axanot grins at the newcomer. 'Welcome to the Biting Knife Nightclub!' she greets, trying to rub those fluffy ears. As it turns out, Axanot didn't recognise Desiree.

'What do have there?' Axxie asks as she tries to get the satchel from the tiger. She'll open the satchel and get its contents out. If there're any notes or papers, Axanot will read them.

Duck999
2015-05-25, 05:19 PM
[Wunderbar]

Sharpe looks bewildered, then his eyes soften. "Want me to heal them, Nancy?" The takes hir hand and strokes it gently.

Sharpe clears his throat as he turns to Domnus. "Malechenar is a floating castle in Riverside for vampires. They help give vampires a place to stay, a place to belong, things to do... there are quite a lot of types too."

WonderBar-to the rescue!

Domnus smiles.
A lot of types of what? Things to do or vampires? Either way, this place seems interesting. Do I just show up and get let in?

Zefir
2015-05-27, 03:35 AM
It's time for a new entry of an char. Tovpir, the giant stone scorpion, comes into the Nightclub. In a way it's to check out how non human friendly they are, since non humans normaly need special seats, tables and so on. The stone scorpion takes a look around and then heads for the booths, which he assumes is the only place he finds a seat for himself. At best as far away from the music as possible. Should there be one he waits for the waitress.

goto124
2015-05-27, 04:42 AM
[Scorpion Man]

There are long, comfortable sofas a good distance away from the loud music.

'Sharpe, another customer.' Excusing hirself, KC goes over to Tovpir as he takes a seat. 'Welcome to the Biting Knife! What would you like?'

Zefir
2015-05-27, 10:48 AM
There are long sofas a good distance away from the loud music.

Excusing hirself from Sharpe, KC goes over to Tovpir as he takes a seat. 'Welcome to the Biting Knife! What would you like?'

Hmm a sofa seems not the best option. Tovpir is still a scorpion. He can't sit down like humanoids. Simular picture (http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140407080708/leagueoflegends/images/a/a2/Skarner_Render_old.png)

"I want stone spider meat, well done, and a molten core not to cold around 900 °C is fine."

goto124
2015-05-27, 11:14 AM
'Alright then, I'll get it for you.' KC says, then wonders to hirself- does the kitchen have fire elementals?

KC starts to walk towards the bar, then stops to turn back and ask, 'Erm, you may take a seat?'

The sofa is large. Tovpir may be able to lie down on it, like some ponies do.

Hmm, nopony has visited Biting Knife yet...

Fenric
2015-05-27, 12:52 PM
Oh, that sounds like an invitation!

And so somepony does: A unicorn with a midnight blue coat and black mane, her cutie mark is a silver crescent moon with three golden "z"s. Standing tall and lithe, with features just a bit more feral than one might expect... but the glowing blue orbs where her eyes should be is the clearest sign that this is a member of Team Nightmare.

One of the very first, in fact.

Dark Dreams looks around in curiosity: neither in life nor since has she particularly favored taverns.

Lady Serpentine
2015-05-27, 02:28 PM
[Bar - Angel With a Mechsuit]

"I still see one - and I could say the same of Akaris, for you. I gave you the names you could call me, and it is clear from how you gave yours to her that you are well aware of the... Niceties... surrounding such cases. Of course, if you're choosing to give insult deliberately, that's a different matter." She smiles venomously, small pulses of dark red and glaring white flowing across her visor and, as usual, into the chains. "And I'm aware of the precautions you've taken, Axanot. Believe me, I -" The mechangel smirks a little, raising an eyebrow as she idly flicks her hand in the direction of Shadow. "- have no intention of bringing a fight into your establishment. Was I less than polite? I certainly recall saying nothing that I shouldn't have..."

She turns her attention back to Fixer, shrugging. "And really now. I'm trying my best to make sure that isn't the case? Considering that the last time we met, you were saying you'd like to kill Axanot despite having never seen her before, I think that I've been far more cordial than you could have expected. Especially as you made some rather pointed remarks about magic and mages, which we both happen to be, as you know very well."

At the tiger, Akaris seems surprised for a moment, but since it doesn't seem to be hostile, politely offers it a hand for it to get her scent and such, once Axanot has finished recovering the satchel, but otherwise doesn't seem too interested in it - she's a bit distracted at the moment, after all, and there's not much that the tiger can offer to the conversation, as far as she's aware.

goto124
2015-05-27, 09:16 PM
[Pony!]

Spotting the unicorn, Axanot immediately hops over to her. 'Hello, and welcome to the Biting Knife!' she exclaims excitedly. 'Wait a minute, are you part of this Team Nightmære that Nightlight told me about at Midnight Park? Nice to meet you!'

Axanot holds out a hand for a handshake hoofshake.

Zefir
2015-05-28, 03:21 AM
'Alright then, I'll get it for you.' KC says, then wonders to hirself- does the kitchen have fire elementals?

KC starts to walk towards the bar, then stops to turn back and ask, 'Erm, you may take a seat?'

The sofa is large. Tovpir may be able to lie down on it, like some ponies do.

Hmm, nopony has visited Biting Knife yet...

Who needs ponys anyway? I mean, big scorpions with sone like skin instead of the normal chitin are much more intressting.
With a deep noise Tovpir gets on the Sofa. Sadly his thin feet and the massiv weight a stone scorpion got don't serve the sofa well. They cut through it like knifs. It needs a while for him to find at least a position to lay, but it's quiet obviouse it's not really comfortable.

The drink is more like lava. Nothing to strange for a creature normaly living in deep caves.

Cyber Punk
2015-05-28, 03:31 AM
[The Bar of Wonders]

Sharpe licks Kelcey's neck. See what you've done, Axanot? You've taught Sharpe to lick things!

Sharpe clears his throat and smiles. "Different types of vampires. Wind vampires, earth vampires, fire vampires, candy vampires... the list goes on and on." He chuckles, remembering the first time he showed up there. "You need to have a good reason for showing up before you're let in... but I could put in a good word with the gatekeeper! Definitely, definitely!"

Sharpe lets KC handle Topvir. Yes, what Topvir wants is available. Somehow.

Fixer smiles to himself. "I'm aware of that. I might not be around most of the time, Axanot, but Sharpe and I are very close."

He folds his arms across his chest and listens to Akaris as she speaks. "Yes, I said that once. Recall that I hated magic at the time, Akaris." He's acting all cordial, but his voice is dripping with venom, particularly when he mentions the mechangel's name. "I've since seen that not all magic users are out to enslave machinekind. I've also seen that some machine-people, you, for instance, are[B] dropkicks."

There's no love lost between the two.

((Heh. Wouldn't it be funny if they somehow ended up as 'vitriolic best buds' status, best friends that act like they hate each other?))

Fixer glances at the tiger. Oh no. A tiger is a cat! CAT!

Fixer stares at Akaris one last time, then basically runs over to the cat and starts petting it. "Cat... I love cats. You're a cute one, yes you are. Pearce'll make sure no one harms you."

Duck999
2015-05-28, 05:31 AM
The Wonder Bar of Wonders

Domnus brightens up.
That seems like a great place. I might drop by at some point. And I hope it's not rude, but... How did you become a bladepire rather than a normal vampire?

goto124
2015-05-28, 06:22 AM
Who the staff are serving at the moment:

Axanot: Dark Dreams (Fenric)
Kelcey: Tovpir (Zefir)
Sharpe: Domnus (Duck999)

[Tovpir the Scorpionman]

Unsure on what to do about the splitting sofa, KC heads off to the kitchen. Some time later, xe returns, levitating a stone plate on a thick block of wood over hir hands. Despite this, KC is wearing thick gloves over hir opera gloves, as if xe does not trust the plate to keep levitating.

'Watch out everyone, it's hot! And by hot I really mean hot!'

Slowly, KC heads back to Tovpir, and sets the plate down on the table. Taking another look at the sofa, KC taps hir chin before saying, 'Hmm, let me try to fix that.'

Running hir hands over the sofa, white glowy pieces of cloth begin to form over the holes, patching them.

Fenric
2015-05-28, 09:49 AM
[Pony!]

It's too weird: Matthew and Lewis decide it is better to risk Keiko's wrath and leave.

Dark Dreams nods and returns the shake

Greetings, and thank you.

And yes, that is correct. My name is Dark Dreams: I am Lady Sweet Spring's Messenger, serving as liaison between Shadowood Hold and the Temple of Inari.

goto124
2015-05-28, 11:06 AM
[Pony pony pony]

((I see you type out your color codes too. Highfive! Or brohoof?))

Axanot presses her ear when Dark Dreams begins talking, and presses again a while after she finishes.

'Ooooh, Sweet Spring! Met her in Shadowood Hold. I'd helped get rid of some nightgaunts, and she rewarded me for it. Trouble is...'

Axanot digs into her breast pocket and pulls out a box. 'This reward, she told me not to open it until the 'next new moon'. I made a social faux pas there, and I'm too afraid to go back and ask what she means by it. I feel like I've wasted all my efforts...'

Axanot lets out a sigh.

[Midnight Park]

Sweetie hums to herself, considering the possible rewards she might give out, and then finally settles on something.

She lights her horn and snags a box in a field of icy blue light, levitating it over to the adventurers.

"Do not open it until the next new moon," she warns. "Otherwise your reward will not have gathered its full strength."

Aaww...

This is one of those self control things, isn't it?

((I have the same problem OOC-wise. Turns out it depends on the RL moon. As you can see, I've yet to claim my prize...))

Lady Serpentine
2015-05-28, 11:19 AM
Deadra

Deadra Blackfyre strides into the club (or awkwardly makes hr way through the doorway, depending on how big the front entrance is), dressed to the nines in her dark, dark purple dress, choker, fingerless lace gloves and studded platform boots.

Back where she is from, she ruled the underdark, and she made her way through the club as though these were her subjects as well.

She scanned the club, hoping to find the person she was supposed to meet tonight.

Sarah is already waiting when Deadra enters, dressed up too - in her case, that means a black velvet gown, a midnight blue choker with a dark green emerald hanging from it, and a pair of matching lace gloves; it seems she just may have inherited some of Deadra's fashion sense, though her shoes are a pair of deep purple slippers, easy to kick off.

She nods in acknowledgement as her maker approaches the table, grinning slightly. "Greetings. You haven't aged a bit..." The 'younger' vampire laughs quietly as she finishes speaking, standing up and pulling a chair out for her guest. "Have a seat, please. It's good to see you again. I'll cover the tab, but I've done well for myself - there's no need to settle for anything less than the best out of concern for my finances."

[Bar - Angel of Departures]

"You give me no reason to believe you, especially as you chose to butt into a private conversation - but as I already said I would not bring conflict here, there is little to be done about that." And, with that, the mechangel turns to leave, the long skating motions that she makes with the spikes at the ends of her legs moving her at a fairly fast run, despite her still floating; it seems that regardless of her other intentions or what made her seek out Axxanot, Akaris isn't going to be a customer here tonight, at least as long as Shadow is here.

Fenric
2015-05-28, 12:33 PM
[Not just a Pony: A UNICORN]

Dark Dreams considers the box

I am afraid that I do not know what it might be. Some magical item... perhaps a potion. Unfortunately, you have a bit of a wait ahead: the moon is very nearly full.

Unless, of course, she meant "not before" the next new moon - in which case you may have already waited long enough depending on just how long ago this was. I'm afraid things are just a little too busy for me to keep advised on everything that goes on.

goto124
2015-05-28, 11:09 PM
[Unicorns are not made of corn (http://shirtoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/unicorn.jpg)]

'Oh well.' Axanot puts the box back in its original place. 'Anyway, you can have a seat over there.'

Axanot gestures to a long sofa, next to Tovpir's.

Because unicorns need nice long seats to lie on, right?

Felandria
2015-05-28, 11:44 PM
Sarah is already waiting when Deadra enters, dressed up too - in her case, that means a black velvet gown, a midnight blue choker with a dark green emerald hanging from it, and a pair of matching lace gloves; it seems she just may have inherited some of Deadra's fashion sense, though her shoes are a pair of deep purple slippers, easy to kick off.

She nods in acknowledgement as her maker approaches the table, grinning slightly. "Greetings. You haven't aged a bit..." The 'younger' vampire laughs quietly as she finishes speaking, standing up and pulling a chair out for her guest. "Have a seat, please. It's good to see you again. I'll cover the tab, but I've done well for myself - there's no need to settle for anything less than the best out of concern for my finances."

Deadra takes a seat and nods.

Glad to hear it.

So, how have you been?

Made any thralls?

Lady Serpentine
2015-05-29, 01:48 AM
[Deadra]

"Thralls, no..." She grins again, taking her seat again. "Turn someone, yes. Have to introduce you two. And don't worry, I kept to your standards - she's a hot girl around my age. Though I gotta admit that the whole bit where we felt each other's emotions? That was unexpected. And, uh. Doesn't seem to be going away. Though it's worked out pretty well..." Sarah winks, giggling a bit and looking around for someone to order from. "It's a shame they didn't go as nicely with you. But then again, we do have time to make up for that, if you like."

Zefir
2015-05-29, 02:55 AM
Who the staff are serving at the moment:

Axanot: Dark Dreams (Fenric)
Kelcey: Tovpir (Zefir)
Sharpe: Domnus (Duck999)

[Tovpir the Scorpionman]

Unsure on what to do about the splitting sofa, KC heads off to the kitchen. Some time later, xe returns, levitating a stone plate on a thick block of wood over hir hands. Despite this, KC is wearing thick gloves over hir opera gloves, as if xe does not trust the plate to keep levitating.

'Watch out everyone, it's hot! And by hot I really mean hot!'

Slowly, KC heads back to Tovpir, and sets the plate down on the table. Taking another look at the sofa, KC taps hir chin before saying, 'Hmm, let me try to fix that.'

Running hir hands over the sofa, white glowy pieces of cloth begin to form over the holes, patching them.

[Tovpir the stone Scorpion]

The holes are fixed, yeahh, but this only helps until Tovpir wants to leave the sofa. It looks a bit funny when Tovpir tries to get closer to the table and again his feet cut the sofa like daggers.

"You should really think about a stone or something else." the stone scorpion comments. "At least it seems to got what I wanted."

Tovpir looks up as Axanot gestures in his direction, thin takes a look at the Unicorn Pony. He has heared of those things, but never saw one. On a good note, he belives in Legends. He is one himself.

Felandria
2015-05-29, 11:52 AM
[Deadra]

"Thralls, no..." She grins again, taking her seat again. "Turn someone, yes. Have to introduce you two. And don't worry, I kept to your standards - she's a hot girl around my age. Though I gotta admit that the whole bit where we felt each other's emotions? That was unexpected. And, uh. Doesn't seem to be going away. Though it's worked out pretty well..." Sarah winks, giggling a bit and looking around for someone to order from. "It's a shame they didn't go as nicely with you. But then again, we do have time to make up for that, if you like."

Of course, time is one thing we have in spades.

Speaking of, how are you managing to pass it around here?

I find myself to be a tad directionless.

Fenric
2015-05-29, 07:20 PM
[Little Dark-Blue Giant?]

'Oh well.' Axanot puts the box back in its original place. 'Anyway, you can have a seat over there.'

Axanot gestures to a long sofa, next to Tovpir's.

Because unicorns need nice long seats to lie on, right?

Dark Dreams nods and heads over to the sofa in question, where she settles herself down

Quite nice: thank you.

She contemplates a moment

Could I have a club soda with lime, no ice, please.

goto124
2015-05-29, 08:52 PM
[Pony]

'Alright!' By right it's not Axanot's job, but since everyone's busy, she might as well help.

And off she goes to the bar, soon returning with the drink and setting it on the table.

And that's when Axanot wonders how the pony is going to life that glass cup.

Fenric
2015-05-29, 08:54 PM
[Magic Pony]

Axanot doesn't have long to wait! Dark Dream's horn glows the strangest deep blue-black, and a similar glow surrounds the cup and lifts it into the air. It drifts up to her mouth, and she sips from the straw

Ah, thank you: just right. I hate it when I get plain carbonated water rather than proper club soda, and so kind of you to bruise the lime a bit.

Cyber Punk
2015-05-30, 02:07 AM
The Wonder Bar of Wonders

Domnus brightens up.
That seems like a great place. I might drop by at some point. And I hope it's not rude, but... How did you become a bladepire rather than a normal vampire?

Sharpe sighs. Ah, the memories. "It's no problem, Domnus. In my world, there are more types of vampire than there are types of fish. I simply got turned by a bladepire. For some others, they could get turned by a normal vampire - we call them bloodpires - and get mutated into one of the different kinds." He sighs deeply. "Then I come here and hear that wind vampires are a thing, and they lack bodies."

"You give me no reason to believe you, especially as you chose to butt into a private conversation - but as I already said I would not bring conflict here, there is little to be done about that." And, with that, the mechangel turns to leave, the long skating motions that she makes with the spikes at the ends of her legs moving her at a fairly fast run, despite her still floating; it seems that regardless of her other intentions or what made her seek out Axxanot, Akaris isn't going to be a customer here tonight, at least as long as Shadow is here.

Fixer eyes Akaris as she walks away, then walks towards her, following as she leaves the bar. What a suspicious choice of words: 'I will not bring conflict here.'

He steps up until he's beside Akaris at the entrance. "I know what you're planning. Let's get it over with. It will be decided in battle."

That said, he walks outside and waits.

[B][Deadra]

Raquel approaches the two and curtsies. "Hi! May I take your order?"

She's getting used to this. Kinda. Ish.

Zefir
2015-05-30, 03:37 PM
Tovpir watches the Pony, as it magicly takes a drink. He doesn't understand why a creature that can't hold normaly a glass use a glass.

"I don't know why people would drink that after all." he comments.

He grabs the drink served to him and takes a nip of the hot drink, maybe a bit is dripping of his maw. Hopefully the building got a good fire protection^^.

Lady Serpentine
2015-06-01, 03:23 AM

"Oh, you know... Training her. That sort of thing. Took her out on a date at one point. But I admit that I've not been doing much myself either - perhaps we should change that?" Sarah smiles, shrugging a little. "I'm sure we can figure out something pleasant to do. Whether here or out... Or somewhere more private. But the choice is yours - it's not every day I get to see you, after all, and I'd like to do something to show my appreciation for you."

When Raquel arrives, Sarah simply shrugs, letting Deadra order first, if she wishes to; it's not like she doesn't have access to all the blood she wants, if she needs it, in general. And it's only polite to let her guest pick without pressure.

Felandria
2015-06-01, 09:15 AM
"Oh, you know... Training her. That sort of thing. Took her out on a date at one point. But I admit that I've not been doing much myself either - perhaps we should change that?" Sarah smiles, shrugging a little. "I'm sure we can figure out something pleasant to do. Whether here or out... Or somewhere more private. But the choice is yours - it's not every day I get to see you, after all, and I'd like to do something to show my appreciation for you."

When Raquel arrives, Sarah simply shrugs, letting Deadra order first, if she wishes to; it's not like she doesn't have access to all the blood she wants, if she needs it, in general. And it's only polite to let her guest pick without pressure.

Deadra turns to Raquel.

Bloody Mary, hold the y Mary.

Chilled glass, or fishbowl, or whatever.

She turns back to Sarah.

I could use something to occupy my time, sounds like fun.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-01, 09:49 AM
Woah! These two... vampire.. people.

Vampires are intimidating.

Raquel curtsies thrice in succession. "Yes, ma'am! Right away, ma'am!" She can't scurry away fast enough to get the Bloody Mary in a chilled fishbowl for the two ladies.

Blood vampires. Scary! Brrr!

And she's back just as quickly. She drops the fishbowl full of a Bloody Maryyyy with shaking hands. "O-o-one f-fishbowl... W-wil there be a-anything else?"

Please, don't let there be anything else, for the sake of her heart. The heart which is working overtime in the presence of these two.

The no-violence rule doesn't seem to be calming her fear down.

Lady Serpentine
2015-06-01, 11:09 AM
"At least we didn't ask for fresh," Sarah points out calmly, a faint smirk playing across her lips as she stares up into Raquel's eyes, holding up a hand politely to let Deadra know she'll get back to her regarding the offer. "I hear that this place prides itself on being able to accommodate any order, and treating the patrons with great respect. You could have had to come back here smelling of blood, easy and ready to be taken, hidden only by whatever you bound the wound with..."

She waits until Raquel has just barely started to turn away before speaking again, voice quiet, but pitched to carry clearly to her. "And yes, there will be something else. I'd like a bowl of living rats for my second guest, if you can manage. If not, whatever was getting ready to spoil will work fine for them. But I forget - you've not met Cora, have you?"

From behind Raquel comes a sound like ash crumbling to the ground, a few far-off notes of breaking glass mixed in; should she turn around, she'll see what looks like a drowned woman's corpse standing inches from her, patches of its body replaced with rusting metal, and its hair made of tattered plastic. While it is clothed, the dress it's wearing is tattered and so stained that the original color is impossible to tell. And then it smiles, revealing its teeth to be shards of broken glass covered in green-black slime that drips from them to sizzle and hiss on the floor, holding up a hand (the fingers of which are syringes filled with stagnant water, ribbons of pus trailing through them) in a wave, which pulls the garment against the nails that protrude from its back.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-01, 12:42 PM
Raquel is shivering. Just as well, this plotclone doesn't know about her kitsune origins yet. It doesn't occur to her yet that the establishment won't let that happen, but it does occur to her that she should probably get herself turned.

She starts to turn away, ready to bolt to the kitchen and cry when Sarah continues with her order. Just when things can't get any worse, she hears the sound. The sound that'd hunt her dreams that night.

The sound is nothing compared to the look of the monstrosity in front of her.

"AHHHH!" She screams out loud and begins to back away, stopping when she hits a solid wall. She turns around, and...

Luckily for her, Sharpe has decided to show up to address the group personally, all the while putting a hand on her shoulder. What a relief!

"Forgive Raquel, ladies. She's still alive. Do be kind to her." He turns to Raquel. "Go to the kitchen. Calm yourself for a bit. I'll handle it from here." A pause. "Oh, and wait ther-" He turns to face her, only to to find her gone.

He decides he'd have to have a talk with her after this.

"So, what does the scarecrow want? No offense, of course, of course!" Of course, he's referring to Cora.

Fenric
2015-06-01, 01:05 PM
Tovpir watches the Pony, as it magicly takes a drink. He doesn't understand why a creature that can't hold normaly a glass use a glass.

"I don't know why people would drink that after all." he comments.

He grabs the drink served to him and takes a nip of the hot drink, maybe a bit is dripping of his maw. Hopefully the building got a good fire protection^^.

Because a trough is just so undignified, of course :)

It is more interesting than water, and I neither drink alcohol nor do I care for sweet.

Felandria
2015-06-02, 12:52 PM
"At least we didn't ask for fresh," Sarah points out calmly, a faint smirk playing across her lips as she stares up into Raquel's eyes, holding up a hand politely to let Deadra know she'll get back to her regarding the offer. "I hear that this place prides itself on being able to accommodate any order, and treating the patrons with great respect. You could have had to come back here smelling of blood, easy and ready to be taken, hidden only by whatever you bound the wound with..."

She waits until Raquel has just barely started to turn away before speaking again, voice quiet, but pitched to carry clearly to her. "And yes, there will be something else. I'd like a bowl of living rats for my second guest, if you can manage. If not, whatever was getting ready to spoil will work fine for them. But I forget - you've not met Cora, have you?"

From behind Raquel comes a sound like ash crumbling to the ground, a few far-off notes of breaking glass mixed in; should she turn around, she'll see what looks like a drowned woman's corpse standing inches from her, patches of its body replaced with rusting metal, and its hair made of tattered plastic. While it is clothed, the dress it's wearing is tattered and so stained that the original color is impossible to tell. And then it smiles, revealing its teeth to be shards of broken glass covered in green-black slime that drips from them to sizzle and hiss on the floor, holding up a hand (the fingers of which are syringes filled with stagnant water, ribbons of pus trailing through them) in a wave, which pulls the garment against the nails that protrude from its back.

Deadra sees the......Cora and nods.

........sup.

Deadra finds Cora somewhat off putting, but is making sure not to let on.

That little waitress was rather skittish, it was adorable, really.

It does bring joy to my heart watching others flee in terror.

Deadra picks up the fishbowl with one hand and takes a sip.

The Alexandrian
2015-06-02, 03:33 PM
Today, Tiger!Desiree learned a lesson any sane domesticated fuzzy animal would deem invaluable!

Step 1: People
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Pets

Tiger!Desiree zones out for spell, and before she knows it, everyone is gone!

This situation is as comforting as it is upsetting. On one hand, nobody's paying any attention to her. On the other hand, nobody's paying any attention to her.

On the bright side, her fantastic, talented girlfriend is digging through her bags! Axanot is sure to discover her clothing and the leather-bound spellbook and bag of reagents she recovered in that alleyway on the way here!

Y'know, if she wasn't deadtimed for a week.

Rats! :smalleek::smalltongue:

This could be worse! So far, no monsters have appeared that- *Her gaze falls on Cora.*

Heavens preserve her! Kill it with fire! All of the fire!

That thing should not exist! Not here! Back to the abyss with you, demon! The power of Crust compels you!

"Rooaaaar!"

Tiger-Bladepire-Conjurer!Desiree beats a hasty retreat to the club's kitchen where all of the blood and potential ritual ingredients are stored!

Recaiden
2015-06-02, 04:16 PM
A guest! Well, at least a person who's here.
Well, at least there's a thing.

A black sphere about a foot across (exactly a third of a meter, if you're measuring) bobbing a little below human head-height, with sparks in the air around it.
It zips about, avoiding crowds on the floor and tables, looking for one Raquel, an employee here, who had arranged a meeting just at dusk.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-02, 04:46 PM
Raquel peeks her head out from the kitchen and slowly tiptoes towards Kelcey as fast as she can while avoiding the nightmare creature, nearly toppling over when the tiger passes by her.

Weird, the tiger seemed scared. Still, she'll be hesitant to return to the kitchen, even with the no-violence rule.

She turns around to find herself face-to-face with a black sphere.

Raquel squints at it. What exactly is this... thing?

Recaiden
2015-06-02, 05:12 PM
-Raquel-
The sphere bobs up and down in recognition.
-a message from Alkania-
-that she will be unable to meet you due to a medical emergency-
-enjoy your evening-

It crackles and attempts to return whence it was. Many other less personal messages to deliver today!

Cyber Punk
2015-06-02, 05:19 PM
Raquel gasps and runs after the sphere. "Oh no! Where is she? I can heal her!" She's already walking through the door.

Recaiden
2015-06-02, 05:29 PM
-I was not instructed to tell you anything else-
The sphere does not slow down, but Raquel can maybe keep up with it as it heads off towards the docks.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-02, 05:37 PM
Raquel follows the Orb using her trusty bicycle. "I don't care. I love her, and I won't stand idly by while she's in pain, not when I can do anything about it!"

She doesn't intend to stop until she gets some answers from the strange orb.

Shadowcaller
2015-06-02, 06:29 PM
Opening the door and slithering into the club is a white-scaled woman dressed in a black buttoned-up jacket. This woman is long with her serpentine lower body extending several meters behind her. Thick as a anaconda her lower body must be pretty heavy as it slithers back and fourth in order for her to move forward.
She takes hold on the back of a chair with her webbed fingers, the pointy ends of her fingers digging into the wood. She drags the chair out and takes a seat, as much as a person with a tail for feet can of course. She moves a hand to correct the ponytail she have tied up the red fins coming from her head into. They look similar to hair, just like her two finned ears does. "Been a while since I've been in a place like this." She observes to her companion as she looks around, said companion who should be entering right after her.

Gullara
2015-06-02, 10:42 PM
And so her companion does, carefully stepping over Zhareen's lengthy tail. She is a very tall woman, with a relatively slender body broken only by ample hips. But that is where her humanity ends. Her body looks to be made up of plant matter put into human shape, complete with broad leaves for hair. Her eyes are black orbs while her smile is filled with sharp points.

Vax takes a seat next to Zhareen. She sits tall, straight backed, with her hands carefully folded in front of her. Her eyes flit around the room, taking stock of everyone in it. "Has it? You mean you haven't been running off to go out without me?" She shifts her attention away from her analysis to smile warmly at her companion.

goto124
2015-06-02, 10:58 PM
[Tiger in the Kitchen]

Axanot looks at the contents of the purse (clothes and spellbook), then at the tiger which has disappeared into the kitchen.

'What's happening? Where are you going?' she asks as she follows said big kitty.

[Snake and Plant]

KC walks over to Vax and Zhareen. 'Welcome to the Biting Knife. What can I get for you two?'

The Alexandrian
2015-06-02, 11:33 PM
[Kitchen - T I Single Guh R]

Axanot will probably find Tiger!Desiree frantically ransacking the club's well-stocked kitchen. So far, Tiger!Desiree has collected one vial of blood and a jar of copper alloy shavings. She searches the cupboards for more ritual components, paying no attention to the barbarian behind the satchel and making a mess of the previously well-organized kitchen.

goto124
2015-06-03, 12:25 AM
[Kitchen]

Axanot's magic involves no ritual ingredients, so she still has no idea what the tiger is up to.

'What the heck? Stop it- bad kitty, bad!'

Axxie will attempt to grapple the tiger, even if it results in a few scratches.

Zefir
2015-06-03, 04:03 AM
Because a trough is just so undignified, of course :)

It is more interesting than water, and I neither drink alcohol nor do I care for sweet.

"But your kind just neeeds water. It's a bit confusing that you have so many different typs of it." The stone scorpion says.
"And most are less effektiv as water, from what I saw."
The scorpion moves left and right, trying to find a good spot. His feet cut through the sofa again. he really feels uncomfortable.

Shadowcaller
2015-06-03, 09:35 AM
[Snake and Plant Zhareen and Vax]

"And risk your retribution? I'd never dream of it. Unless I'm having nightmares of course." Zhareen remarks teasingly.
And sh isn't a snake person, she's a merperson! Big difference!
One of these differences should become apparent when Zhareen turns and smiles at the waitress, showing sharp piranha-like teeth (http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_03/PIRANHA_468x316.jpg). "We'd like a menu please."

Cyber Punk
2015-06-03, 12:10 PM
(Group) K_Sharpe: I forgot to mention, my loves.
(Group) K_Sharpe: If you see an invisible man with a visible hat, it's my brother-in-law.
(Group) K_Sharpe: I didn't mention my family much. Sorry!
(Group) K_Sharpe: I know KC's and Desiree's childhoods, but not Axxie's. We'll need to change that, my love.
(Group) K_Sharpe: Oh, don't use 'see invisible' on him. I don't want either of you going mad.

((The above is for Axanot and Kelcey only. Others may read it for info purposes, but no replying! There, IC reason for a sudden change. :smalltongue:))

[Kitchen]

A floating hat walks towards the kitchen. It was going to help Zhareen and Vax, but KC has beat him to it. His bro has three girlfriends (and counting). He shakes hi-s head. 'Not enough, little bro.'

"Hello, I'm--" He stops short when he witnesses Axanot wrestling with the tiger. He clears his throat loudly to get the attention of both of them. "You must be Axanot. I am Archibald Sharpe. Call me Archibald." He says in a deep and tinny voice.

They both should see a floating hat, and what appears to be turbulent but invisible wind for a body. For those that can see invisible, they'd see a wind vampire (made of wind, feeds on air). In the centre of the wind, they'd see something... think of the scariest thing that character could see. Amplify it by a thousand times.

In short, those that can see invisible would find they prefer not to see invisible.

"I'm Klaus' brother-in-law."

The Alexandrian
2015-06-03, 03:27 PM
[Kitchen]

Nu! Tiger!Desiree is not a bad kitty! Tiger!Desiree is doing everything she can to protect the world from devastation! Axanot must understand that the thing that crawled out of the biohazard waste container must be banished from this realm for the good of all of humanity! It must exist no more forever!

"Rawr!"

Tiger!Desiree doesn't want to hurt Axanot, but she needs to assemble all of the items required to cast her sanity-damaging spell or else! :smalleek:

Tiger!Desiree attempts to wildly squirm out of Axanot's hold for a handful of seconds before she has a striking epiphany! If mad and fuzzy Tiger!Desiree cannot liberate herself from Axanot's grip, she'll aim to dive face-first into Axanot's inventory so that she can swipe anything and everything in Axanot's personal loot stash that might fuel her monster busting sorcery!

Well, that's what she would have done if the invisible one hadn't reared its ug-leh hat.

Tiger!Desiree, being both 300lbs or so of pure muscle and in mortal terror that Klaus is an invisible monster who could wither her lifeforce or simply disintegrate her with a touch, attempts to scrabble across the kitchen floor and launch herself out of the nearest window (with or without Axanot still attached).

Gullara
2015-06-03, 08:25 PM
KC walks over to Vax and Zhareen. 'Welcome to the Biting Knife. What can I get for you two?'

[[S]Snake and Plant Zhareen and Vax]

"And risk your retribution? I'd never dream of it. Unless I'm having nightmares of course." Zhareen remarks teasingly.
And sh isn't a snake person, she's a merperson! Big difference!
One of these differences should become apparent when Zhareen turns and smiles at the waitress, showing sharp piranha-like teeth (http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_03/PIRANHA_468x316.jpg). "We'd like a menu please."

[Zhareen and Vax]

Not that big of a difference. :smalltongue:

"Nightmares about me? I sure hope not." Vax looks at KC out of the corner of her eye, as if she hadn't already known xe was coming xe looked toward them. Zhareen seems to have it well in hand, though.

((Knowing my memory, I guarantee I am going to forget those pronouns at an inopportune time. :smalltongue:))

goto124
2015-06-04, 02:37 AM
[Zhareen and Vax]

KC's boyfriend, Sharpe has plenty of sharpe teeth, and they've kissed more than a few times already.

KC goes to grab two menus and gives them to the pair of women. ((If you need ideas, you can look at Trog's or DFI. We serve pretty much anything.))

After that, KC starts chanting 'Disrupt Detect Invis' to hirself. It doesn't affect the other ladies.

((It's fun to watch other players stumble over pronouns :smalltongue:))

[Kitchen]

(Group) XxangelotT: what do you ardjjwvoa

For Axanot, Detect Invis is a passive effect, a spell she keeps up all the time. To not see invisible, she'll have to dispel it. Sadly, she was not given enough time to do so.

'AAARRRRGHHH!' Axanot's screams pierce through the air, filling the entire nightclub. She lets go of the tiger, which has decided to throw itself out of a window, leaving the barbarian lying on the floor with a few scratches.

'Oh-gawd-what-the-hells-is-that-' she whimpers, her face buried within her palms, before she starts muttering magic words rapidly. Only after a minute or so of chanting does she begin to look up, her brown eyes still full of fear. Now that she's removed her Detect Invis, all she sees is a floating hat, but she still remembers the sight of the eldritch adomination.

'Er... sorry... what did you say again?' Axanot asks tentatively.

[ZnV]

KC catches Axanot's screaming, and dashes off to the kitchen after saying 'Excuse me, I must check on my girlfriend.'

Lady Serpentine
2015-06-04, 03:16 AM
"This one is not a scarecrow." Well. The abomination she just... Summoned? Or did it pop up on its own?... can talk. That's different. Of course its voice sounds as though it's choking and gasping - unsuccessfully - for breath, but still. The words are pretty clear. "That one will treat us with respect or the Lady will grant us leave to devour this place and all within. Already the spirit decays; morals once-held rotted away with no-one caring until the monsters could earn that title. Flesh could join it even faster."

...Apparently Cora (and how it got that name is unclear, though presumably it's all Sarah's fault somehow) doesn't take well to Sharpe. It was at least trying to be polite to Raquel. Probably. A bit hard to tell. "Regardless. You will -" And then Archibald walks through. Cora, as it turns out, not only can see the unseen passively too, it can't turn that off, unlike Axanot.

By the time that he's passed through, the terrifying monstrosity is curled up in a ball on Sarah's lap, mewling helplessly into her shirt; like that, it's hard to feel the fear and revulsion for Cora that it usually inspires - in fact, it looks scared enough that people might even feel sorry for it. "Too bright too much no no no couldn't change nothing ever changes it and it keeps everything else as it is why how how how, how does it do that please don't let it touch me, Lady..."

Understandably, Sarah is rather distracted by this sudden and extraordinarily uncharacteristic turn of events; it looks like Deadra is going to have to wait a bit, unless she wants to get involved in this.

Felandria
2015-06-04, 03:39 AM
Deadra is utterly puzzled by this turn of events and takes another sip of her blood.

So......

Yeah.

What just happened?

Cyber Punk
2015-06-04, 07:20 AM
[Vamp Ladies]

Sharpe frowns. Daedra is one of those vampires that delight in tormenting the living. "You could have given her a heart attack. Perhaps it's my mistake for hiring a normal elf-girl."

Sharpe looks directly at Cora and adjusts his hat. "Forgive my speaking without thinking." He clears his throat. "Do you want--" Sharpe turns to the guy that passes.

"Archibald. Forgive my brother-in-law, he's lost the charm that makes him immune to invisibility detection. Knowing him, he probably did it on purpose."

Sharpe bites on a large chunk of metal and swallows. "Excuse me, ladies." He teleports to Axanot's side, using the love-dagger rune stuck to her back.

-a short while later-

The floating hat returns, but with sunglasses as well, this time. The sunglasses are his anti-invisibility detection rune/charm. "Apologies for the scare, ladies." He looks over at Cora, feeling pity for her.

She looks so adorable.

If she weren't whimpering and babbling, he'd still think so.

[Kitchen]

Archibald is smiling, not that anyone can see. He gets a kick out of seeing people run screaming.

But not this one. This is his little bro's girlfriend. "I didn't mean to startle you, Axanot."

Behind Axanot, Sharpe suddenly appears. "Archibald, don't lose your rune, man! You're showing your true face to the customers and scaring them! Not everyone has the ability to selectively turn off their ability to see certain things!"

Archibald sighs, and a slight gust of wind is felt in the kitchen. "Oh, alright." He pulls out some glowing sunglasses out of nowhere and wears them. "Don't give me that look, it has to be easily removable." Just in case, heh heh heh.

There, that's better. See invisible and look in his direction, and you'll still see the hat and sunglasses. Don't try and remove the sunglasses, though!

goto124
2015-06-04, 08:20 AM
[Kitchen]

KC sighs, then moves over to comfort Axanot.

'Axxie! Are you okay?'
'Yea, just took a hard hit- mental effects seem to work better here than back in Andolor.'
'Probably. People in the Nexus are likely able to see your backstory-'
'Backstory? What backstory?'

Axxie and KC stare at each other for a while, before bursting into hearty laughter. 'Good thing for that- could've been much worse!' KC grins as they get up.

'So er... you're called Archiesomething? A friend of Sharpe's?'

KC nudges Axanot. 'Axxie. Scroll up.'

Axanot seems to be staring off into space for a while, before facepalming and exclaiming 'Ah right! Sharpe's brother-in-law! *beat* What's a brother-in-law?'

KC groans. 'Sharpe's... sibling's... husband.'

'Oooooh!' Axanot nods in understanding after a moment of thought.

'Anyway, this is Axanot, Sharpe's girlfriend. I'm Kelcey, Sharpe's boygirlfriend. Nice to meet you, Archibald.'

KC extends a hand to the wind vampire.

Shadowcaller
2015-06-04, 08:33 AM
[Zhareen and Vax]

This place certainly was lively. Zhareen recognized Sharpe's teleportation escapades instantly. Did that man ever walk anywhere? Not that anything else here was less weird. Then their waiter suddenly left in a hurry. "Well, the staff seems to have more fun than we do. Should I be alarmed?" She asks Vax with a faint smile, not really sure if she should be entertained by this or not. Sounded like drama was going on.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-04, 09:43 AM
[Zhareen and Vax]

Raquel (no, not the plotclone that ran out earlier) scurries over to the two ladies. "Hi! I'll take your order, please." She looks lively now that she's seen Cora whimpering. She doesn't know the cause, but seeing the scary thing scared makes her happy.

[Kitchen]

Archibald bows to the two. "Klaus, my brother! I see you're doing well for yourself, what with these two beaut... wait, boyfriend?"

Sharpe laughs. "You hear double, Archie. They're my girlfriends. My darling ladies." He kisses each one on the cheek.

Archibald laughs loudly. It sounds tinny. "Klaus, you always were a ladies man. Turning can do that to you!." The hat shakes his head. "Can't shake you, Kelcey. You're not a vampire, I wouldn't want to wither your hand!"

Well, Archibald certainly seems loud and lively.

goto124
2015-06-04, 10:29 AM
[Kitchen]

Both ladies(?) blush. Axanot grins from ear to ear, while Kelcey does a small embarrassed smile.

'Yes... I meant girlfriend.' Sharpe prefers females.

KC conjures a floating hand of white energy for the handshake. 'Nice to meet you! Are you here just to meet Sharpe?'

Cyber Punk
2015-06-04, 12:12 PM
[Kitchen]

Archibald pauses as he shakes Kelcey's hand. "Sharpe? Oh, you mean Klaus." He raises an eyebrow at Klaus, who replies. "That's what people here call me, since I'm the only Sharpe here. I didn't mind, but I realize I miss being called Klaus." He grins widely.

Archibald laughs at that. "To answer your question, Kelcey, Klaus told me about this place and said he needed a hand, so I agreed to come help him run it for when he has somewhere to be. And when he's around, well, brothers help each other out, don't they?"

"You got that right!"

goto124
2015-06-04, 08:09 PM
[Kitchen]

'Ah, nice!' KC beams as the energy hand gives a thumbs-up. 'So, Sharpe, we'll call you Klaus from now on?'

Axanot continues grinning widely, before blurting out, 'Santa Klaus!'

'Dammit Axxie!' KC laughs. 'So... back to work?'

Cyber Punk
2015-06-05, 05:41 AM
[Kitchen]

Klaus Sharpe smiles. "You didn't know my name? Even when I mentioned it several times? Alright then, listen well." He clears his throat and stands straight up. "My name is Klaus Ezra Sharpe. First name is Klaus. Surname is Sharpe. My mother, may she rest well, was Lucy Sharpe." A pause. "You can call me Ezra, too."

Archibald speaks up. "Ah, I had forgotten. I use Klaus only in a formal context, but this is hardly so, isn't it, Ezra?" This earns a grunt from Sharpe. He liked the name, but there was something about the way his brother said it that ticked him off.

"Not Santa Klaus, Axxie!" He pokes her playfully. "Just for that, call me Ezra instead."

"Alright, people, it's fun and all, but it's time for work. We got customers. Archie, you should apologize to the whimpering... thing at the vamp ladies' table. Let's go, people!"

goto124
2015-06-05, 08:27 AM
[Kitchen]

'Ah, interesting info, Sharpe. I mean, Ezra. I'll go back to the plant-lady and snake-lady.' KC, that's more like a piranha-lady.

'Also, Axxie, sweep up the broken glass. You're stepping on it now.' KC points at Axanot's feet, which are bleeding lightly from - you guess it- pieces of glass.

Axanot steps off, muttering 'oh', and picks up a broom to start cleaning.

Meanwhile, KC returns to Zhareen and Vax, and waits for their order.

Fenric
2015-06-05, 10:38 AM
"But your kind just neeeds water. It's a bit confusing that you have so many different typs of it." The stone scorpion says.
"And most are less effektiv as water, from what I saw."
The scorpion moves left and right, trying to find a good spot. His feet cut through the sofa again. he really feels uncomfortable.

Dark Dreams nods

That is true: this is merely for entertainment, not necessity. A simple flowing stream in a green meadow is all I would actually require.

She notes his trouble with the sofa

I take it the upholstery is over-soft for you? Perhaps you could inquire if they have something firmer available.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-05, 11:13 AM
[Kitchen]

'Ah, interesting info, Sharpe. I mean, Ezra. I'll go back to the plant-lady and snake-lady.' KC, that's more like a piranha-lady.

'Also, Axxie, sweep up the broken glass. You're stepping on it now.' KC points at Axanot's feet, which are bleeding lightly from - you guess it- pieces of glass.

Axanot steps off, muttering 'oh', and picks up a broom to start cleaning.

Meanwhile, KC returns to Zhareen and Vax, and waits for their order.

((Since Zhareen and Vax haven't responded to Raquel, let's just assume she's left after KC gets back, SC.))

Sharpe leaves just as Raquel scurries into the kitchen. "Miss Axxie! Can I help?"

goto124
2015-06-05, 06:50 PM
[Stone Scorpion]

KC goes over to Tovpir. 'I have an idea.'

KC makes some gestures, and begins to conjure a large block of white energy, big enough for the scorpion.

'Try this now.' It should feel like a force field. Or a slab of stone. Solid, either way.

[Kitchen]

Axanot squints at Raquel, obviously not recognising her. The barbarian then pokes her head out of the kitchen door, and calls out,

'Sharpe! Er, Ezra! You didn't tell me about THIS girlfriend!'

Cyber Punk
2015-06-06, 07:29 AM
[Kitchen]

"You mean Raquel? She's a worker here! She's rather new to the Nexus, too." Ezra Sharpe replies. "I'm gonna have to borrow her soon, though!"

Zefir
2015-06-06, 07:52 AM
Dark Dreams nods

That is true: this is merely for entertainment, not necessity. A simple flowing stream in a green meadow is all I would actually require.

She notes his trouble with the sofa

I take it the upholstery is over-soft for you? Perhaps you could inquire if they have something firmer available.

"Yeah. I asked befor, but there wasn't any response. She did just ran into the kitchen." The scorpion says.
"Some might think a Club for nonhumans has places to sit for nonhumans, but it appears they just mean humanlike nonhumans."

[Stone Scorpion]

KC goes over to Tovpir. 'I have an idea.'

KC makes some gestures, and begins to conjure a large block of white energy, big enough for the scorpion.

'Try this now.' It should feel like a force field. Or a slab of stone. Solid, either way.

The scorpion got some problems getting of the Sofa. His feet penetrate the soft skin and some get stuck in the iron springs. They scrath on his stone like skin, but they barly cause damage, just an unpleasent noise. Then he gets to the pla. Befor he goes on it, he swings his claws and smash on the plate. A test if it can hold his weight, so he doesn't use his full force.

"How did you make it and how long does it hold?"

Lord Magtok
2015-06-06, 08:23 PM
"These aren't your kind of people, Magtok," says the floating, holographic head of a dog. A Shiba Inu, to be precise. Not that anyone was asking. Never mind what breed it is, why is there a floating, holographic dog head outside the Biting Knife at all? That's terribly peculiar, even by Nexus standards.

"I know, Doug" says a pale, dead cyborg in a purple robe, striding towards the nightclub's front entrance. He tries to sound confident, to dismiss the dog's warning as little more than some trivial fretting over nothing of consequence, but underneath the veil of false bravado, he's impatient, restless, anxious. It's a combination of stage fright and nerves, another one of the many things he always assumed vampires never had to deal with.

"They don't respond to logic, reason, or conscience like you or I do. They're deadly, dangerous monsters, Magtok. They see the rest of your kind as prey. Not like cattle, even though that's the comparison people usually make. No, those take years of dedication and hard work to cultivate. You're more like venison, or a dodo. A dodo, Magtok."

"I know," Magtok replies in exasperation, rolling his eyes (well, eye) at the Shiba Inu hologram orbiting around the vampire-cyborg. It's hard to frighten anyone who's been in the Nexus as long as the Magtoks. It's even harder to scare the undead representative of the hive-mind, the one colloquially known as Vamptok. After all, you can only be killed so many times, in so many ways before it starts to become mundane, trivial, expected. And once death is nothing to be afraid of, what else is left?

"I know that you know! Just watch yourself, okay? Someone who's seen the other clones on TV might mistake you for one of your brothers and go right in for a neck-gouging. Then we'd have a big bloody mess on our hands, and the negotiations would-"

"Listen, I've dealt with worse than a few overgrown leeches, Doug. Just shush and let me do my thing, alright? Worst case scenario, I die and we have to try again with a less qualified clone."

"Worst case scenario is we go to war over a cultural misunderstanding. We're a retail chain, Magtok; we don't have the resources or church backing to start a tenth crusade. Call me back when you're done." The dog dissipates into nothingness, his pixels being sucked back into the cyborg's left wrist he originated from. Now that his chat with his handler is over, Vamptok can finally step into the club, and see what all the fuss is about with this Biting Knife place.

Fenric
2015-06-06, 08:46 PM
"Yeah. I asked befor, but there wasn't any response. She did just ran into the kitchen." The scorpion says.
"Some might think a Club for nonhumans has places to sit for nonhumans, but it appears they just mean humanlike nonhumans."

Dark Dreams nods

Alas.

Then someone comes to correct the situation, at least patchily.

goto124
2015-06-06, 09:44 PM
[Kitchen]

'Oh! Sorry!' Axanot says, grinning at Ezra, then Raquel.

Continuing to sweep and drip blood over the floor, Axanot asks, 'So... whatbare your abilities?'

[Stone Scorpion]

'Apologies- we're still new, and going over a few rough spots. Here, let me help.'

KC starts using telekinesis to bring Tovpir onto the newly made bench.

'It lasts until the next reboot. Since the Nexus doesn't have reboots, that's forever.'

Cyber Punk
2015-06-06, 11:41 PM
[Kitchen]

Axanot will look up to see Raquel gone, the door to the kitchen in mid-swing.

[Vamptok]

A snow-furred kitsune with two tails, in a Vulpan-esque form meets Vamptok at the door. The girl is Jinkei, formerly known as Raquel.

"Hello! May I get you something, please?" She adjusts her thin glasses.

Zefir
2015-06-07, 03:06 PM
[Stone Scorpion]

The scorpion looks confused as she mentions to help. he can't even understand why. He just checked how strong it is. And then she tries to lift the heavy stone scorpion up.

"Hey! HEY. Let me down, LET ME DOWN!" he shouts waving around with his claws and tsting as he loose connection to the ground.

Lord Magtok
2015-06-07, 06:17 PM
[Vamptok]

A snow-furred kitsune with two tails, in a Vulpan-esque form meets Vamptok at the door. The girl is Jinkei, formerly known as Raquel.

"Hello! May I get you something, please?" She adjusts her thin glasses.

"Fresh blood in a burgundy wine glass, nutritional information on the blood and where it came from, a booth, and the owner of the business, thank you," Vamptok answers. He doesn't even stop to glance at the girl, striding right past with an expectant look on his face and his arms crossed behind his back. This is someone used to robot minions frantically scuttling about to do his bidding at the drop of a hat. He doesn't stop to check to see if his orders are being followed; he just assumes they'll be done without question or hesitation.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-07, 06:51 PM
[Vamptok]

Jinkei perks an eyebrow up. "Yeah. Sure."

How rude.

Still, she does as he says and taps Ezra Sharpe. "Um, sir? There's a man wanting to see you, over there." She points out Vamptok and hands him the glass.

"For the umpteenth time, Raq-- err... Jinkei, call me Ezra!" Ezra chuckles while shaking his head. At least, now that Jinkei is a kitsune, she should be able to handle herself better in this place. "Hand it over, hun. I'll take care of it, while you watch the bar."

Jinkei does as she says, curtsies and hangs around the bar while Ezra does his thing.

Ezra heads straight towards Vamptok. "Howdy, I'm Ezra Sharpe, the owner of this establishment. Something I can do for you?"

Ezra's also holding a piece of paper that details the information of the blood: human blood, female, young adult.

goto124
2015-06-07, 09:10 PM
[Stone Scorpion]

((By now I'm confused OOCly as to what is happening. So I'll pass this on to Eagle.))

KC immediately drops the TK. 'Uhh... I'll get someone else to help.'

Looking around, KC finds Jinkei near the bar, and goes to her. 'You're a worker here, right? Could you help with a customer please? That scorpion over there?'

Fenric
2015-06-07, 09:20 PM
Dark Dreams arches an eyebrow

Not much for asking for permission first, are they?

Are you well, neighbor scorpion?

Lord Magtok
2015-06-07, 09:26 PM
Vamptok

"Something I can do for you, actually," he answers, accepting the slip of paper, and waving it about in the air in front of them both.

"This here? This whole questionable sources thing, lack of transparency and legitimate suppliers? Whether you believe it or not, this is a problem. This is why you're one bar brawl and an emergency services call from being shut down with extreme prejudice by the Inside government. Man fears the unknown, and you're about as dark, deadly, and unknown as it gets." He says, setting the paper down and gulping down his glass before he goes any further. He chugs it all down with remarkable speed, as though a Belmont were only a few feet away, waiting to murder them both.

"I'm here to offer you a vegetarian option, Mr. Sharpe. A reliable, cruelty-free source of human blood that, while not exactly the finest of delicacies, should be sufficient to whet the appetite and control the cravings. I'm talking about the entire Magtok clone collective, donating blood of their own free will, in exchange for a small sum of money each month. It'll keep the law off your back, satisfy the more morally-inclined of our species, and best of all, it's cheap. Far less expensive than your current supplies, I'm all but certain." There's something in his smile suggesting there's more to his offer than meets the eye, that he has some sneaky ace up his sleeve, but if what he's said is true, can Ezra really afford to say no?

Fenric
2015-06-07, 09:46 PM
Dark Dreams' large ears rotate toward Vamptok. What a fascinating conversation is going on over there! She goes so far as to turn her attention from the unfortunate misadvantures of the stone scorpion adjacent to her table and look at the vampiric MagClone.

goto124
2015-06-07, 11:44 PM
(Group) KC_Nancy: wait... govt?
(Group) KC_Nancy: dont tell me the nexus is realistic
(Group) KC_Nancy: can anyone really take this place down?

Gullara
2015-06-08, 12:30 AM
[Zhareen and Vax]

This place certainly was lively. Zhareen recognized Sharpe's teleportation escapades instantly. Did that man ever walk anywhere? Not that anything else here was less weird. Then their waiter suddenly left in a hurry. "Well, the staff seems to have more fun than we do. Should I be alarmed?" She asks Vax with a faint smile, not really sure if she should be entertained by this or not. Sounded like drama was going on.

[Zhareen and Vax]

Raquel (no, not the plotclone that ran out earlier) scurries over to the two ladies. "Hi! I'll take your order, please." She looks lively now that she's seen Cora whimpering. She doesn't know the cause, but seeing the scary thing scared makes her happy.

((Sorry again about the delay. You shouldn't have to worry about another delay like that.))

[Zhareen and Vax]

Vax smiles. "It's certainly active, that much is sure." She turns that pointy smile on Raquel when he arrives. "Thank you. I'll just have a water." She's not exactly the best customer, but she can hardly control what she can and can't digest. "Busy today I take it?" She adds conversationally.

Zefir
2015-06-08, 12:54 AM
[Stone Scorpion]

((By now I'm confused OOCly as to what is happening. So I'll pass this on to Eagle.))

KC immediately drops the TK. 'Uhh... I'll get someone else to help.'

Looking around, KC finds Jinkei near the bar, and goes to her. 'You're a worker here, right? Could you help with a customer please? That scorpion over there?'

Dark Dreams arches an eyebrow

Not much for asking for permission first, are they?

Are you well, neighbor scorpion?

[Stone Scorpion]

((I'm not sure where things get confused. Your char created something. My char tested it out like people making a step on a wooden bridge to test if it holds them. Then your char used telekinese on the scorpion which he dislikes.))

Tovpir is a ground born monster, loosing touch to the ground is like imprision a bird where it can't fly or a fish out of water. As he drops back down (with a bam) it's visible that he struggles on his feet. You could say he is slightly airsick. He then drops down on the ground.
"I just need a moment to recover." he says to KC befor she leaves. Then he speaks up to Dark Dreams.
"They go over the top I guess. I need a moment. It feels so strange having no connection to the ground or flying against gravity. Urghh."
Tovpir lies around flat, even his string lies on the ground.

Fenric
2015-06-08, 06:55 PM
[Stone Scorpion]

Dark Dreams nods

Do let me know if there is anything I can do.

She finishes her lime and soda, and contemplates what she would like to do next.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-08, 07:09 PM
[Stone Scorpion]

"I can't, Kelcey. I have to help those two." Jinkei curtsies and replies in Raquel's voice, then points to Zhareen and Vax. She curtsies again before scurrying over to the two.

[Zhareen and Vax]

Jinkei takes Vax's order and scurries away. Soon enough, she's back. "One water for the plant lady, and a menu for the Zha-rin lady. That's what Mr. Sharpe said your name is."

[Vamptok]

Ezra laughs. "Questionable sources? I have volunteers from my world, a world of vampires, if you will. I've done a lot of travelling around worlds to some extent." The bladepire leans forward with a serious look on his face. "I'll bite, though. I assume there's more to your offer than meets the eye? You come here and offer to help in exchange for money, but that's not it, is it?"

There's something in Ezra Sharpe's eyes that suggests he's merely humoring Vamptok at this point.

(Group) EzraSharpe: Don't be absurd. Of course the Nexus is realistic.
(Group) EzraSharpe: Ish.
(Group) EzraSharpe: I don't trust this guy though. He wants something in return.
(Group) EzraSharpe: Anyone? That depends. I have the backing of Lord Nisse, and probably Malechenar... I should probably bring in Rhye.

Shadowcaller
2015-06-08, 07:50 PM
[Zhareen and Vax]

"Yes, I was going to ask, you don't have any seafood? I love clams, or lobsters if you have any." Zhareen says. She then looks at Vax. "Sure you don't want anything? The hams look good."

Lord Magtok
2015-06-08, 08:28 PM
Vamptok's Offer

"Oh really? A supply of off-worlders, from a world dominated by vampires, that nobody but you can look into for possibly unlawful practices? How very convenient. How very questionable. You really don't see why the government, which has a very strict anti-slavery policy, which has a long history of distrusting bloodsuckers like ourselves, why they might have a problem with all of that?" The cyborg slouches back in a chair that wasn't here a moment ago, a cute little smirk on his face. Whether this guy plays along or not, he's pretty sure he has this whole situation figured out, and exactly where to go if he needs a Plan B.

"I happen to have more blood than I need, and a vested interest in keeping vampires happy, docile, and not running amok, hunting their own meals. You know how it looks, if every fanged fellow from here to Skyside is assaulting people in alleys, and you're the one guy who gets his drink legitimately. If there's been killing sprees, people see the fangs and the pale skin, they're not going to hesitate to throw garlic and wooden stakes around, no matter how innocent you might be." He's lying, of course. There's more to his motivation than that, but he also knows there's no way Ezra could possibly tell what kind of sneaky schemes he might or might not have in mind. It's just too tricksy and convoluted for anyone to see coming.

Fenric
2015-06-08, 08:37 PM
Dark Dream's ears flick back to Vamptok... this guy seems to be well along the way to needing to be turned into a cyberpony. Her horn glows purply-black and a cellphone levitates itself up to where she can see it. She dials, and waits...

goto124
2015-06-08, 09:38 PM
(Group) KC_Nancy: nisse? malechenar? rhye?
(Group) XxangelotT: femalechenar!
(Group) KC_Nancy: nows not the time for jokes axxie
(Group) KC_Nancy: anyway
(Group) KC_Nancy: who are those guys?

Cyber Punk
2015-06-08, 09:53 PM
[Vamptok's Offer]

Ezra raises up his hands. "You got me." Then he laughs rather loudly. "Almost. Now, what if I told you that the interior of this building isn't in the Nexus?"

He clasps his hands, his face blank. "Way I see it, you're a man used to getting your own way. You're also not used to dealing with people with reality-warping powers. If you were, you wouldn't be saying such things to me. Now, he can't warp reality per se, but he can use a lot of space-time techniques. There's no need for him to tell Vamptok that, though.

"Now, is there something else I could help you with, or are you going to keep trying to steal my bar from under me?" The smile's back on his face as he chomps down on a piece of metal.

"Oh, there's something else you haven't considered: This bar doesn't cater to vampires alone. Now, when Inside comes, and that's assuming they really care, what are they going to do about the other monsters and non-humans? The ones that don't feed on flesh and blood?" He takes another bite of his metallic food. "The ones that feed on air, or metal, or rocks, or the entrails of lizards?"

Gullara
2015-06-08, 10:00 PM
[Zhareen and Vax]

"I suppose I could eat." Vax admits, sipping at her water. "I'll take that ham. Raw, though. If that's no issue."

Cyber Punk
2015-06-08, 10:25 PM
[Zhareen and Vax]

"One ham, and some seafood, coming right up!"

The kitsune curtsies and scurries to the kitchen.

In a moment, she's back with a plate of ham, and a plate of lobsters, and serves each person their food. "Will there be anything else?"

(Group) EzraSharpe: Vampire stuff, honey. I'd take you, but you're not vampires.
(Group) EzraSharpe: Nisse's my Lord, who's been bugging me to become a Lord. I said 'wait for 200 years, I'll be a millennium old then'.
(Group) EzraSharpe: Rhye's the Lord of Malechenar Castle, a place full of vampires.
(Group) EzraSharpe: I plan to take Desiree there soon, but if she took pics we all wouldn't show on camera.

goto124
2015-06-08, 10:35 PM
(Group) KC_Nancy: wow, thats a lot of new info

KC whips out a Nexus 5 (http://cdn1.xda-developers.com/devdb/deviceForum/screenshots/2589/20140307T104927.png) out of hammerspace, and points the phone at Ezra to take a photo. Traditionally, the silver in flim prevents vampires from being seen on cameras, but this one's digital. Does it work?

Zefir
2015-06-09, 04:02 AM
[Stone Scorpion]

"Thanks, but it's ok. I don't think you know if they got a lava pool around?" the stone scorpion says. Yep he doesn't think they got here anything for not human like monsters.

"Urgh. Maybe I should distract myself from this flying urgh. My names Tovpir, by the way." he says. "And if it's not rude, what are you? You look like simular to horse, but still different."

Fenric
2015-06-09, 09:16 AM
[Stone Scorpion]

Dark Dreams nods politely

As you wish. And no, I am not aware of any lava pools: my apologies.

I am Dark Dreams, and I am a gloom-unicorn: a creature of blended and balanced positive and negative energy in harmony. I am the second of Mistress Sweet Spring's creations after Stormy Spring.

Zefir
2015-06-09, 04:47 PM
[Stone Scorpion]

The scorpion looks confused.
"That sounds difficult. I guess this Sweet Spring created you for some kind of task?"

Lord Magtok
2015-06-09, 05:24 PM
Vamptok's Offer

"I'm not intimidated by wizards, kid. Nearly half the planet can warp reality; you're going to have to try a little harder than that to shock anyone," Magtok shoots back, shaking his head.

"Honestly, I just wanted to prevent conflict, to avoid the inevitable confrontation with the Empire before it even starts, and maybe make a little money on the side. That's fine, if you think you can handle hovertanks and silver 890mm cannon fire, but I strongly doubt it. You should also know that they won't concern themselves with the minor differences between this and that kind of creature of the night. Everyone's a target if they're ugly enough, and let me tell you, this place is full of ugly." Magtok picks himself out of his chair, dusts off his sleeves, and starts striding towards the door.

He stops just for a moment, trails his hand along the bar's counter, and shakes his head at the hand in disgust, as if it came back covered in dust or gore or something. "What would I want with a club full of dub-stepping zombies, anyways?"

Gullara
2015-06-09, 11:39 PM
[Zhareen and Vax]

"One ham, and some seafood, coming right up!"

The kitsune curtsies and scurries to the kitchen.

In a moment, she's back with a plate of ham, and a plate of lobsters, and serves each person their food. "Will there be anything else?"

[Zhareen and Vax]

"Yes actually. I was just curious about this place." Vax gestures vaguely around. "The Biting Knife. An interesting name that. Not what I would have expected."

Xihirli
2015-06-10, 12:02 AM
Manager's Office

"I think you'll be able to appreciate my credentials," the dark elf promised, handing a reference list to the manager.
"I am a skilled alchemist, and can brew practically anything I see. If a fight breaks out, I am well-versed in magic and scimitars. I have five years of experience at law in Drow court, which involves charisma and occasional moose-wrestling. I feel that my skills as a lawyer, especially, will help me to bar tends often." Xihirli noted that the manager seemed bored.
"I have nowhere to go right now," the drow mentioned.
"As it turns out, the drow culture is terrible. The elf who killed my grandfather got off on the grounds that it was only her allies that killed my grandfather for money from her hand, while she simply stood idly by and claimed credit for the deed whenever it was politically convenient." Noting that the manager did not seem to understand how the drow was not bagged, Xihirli hastily added;
"This counted as defending him under drow law. Or at least the jury thought so, after I was done with them. Those are the skills I could bring to this bar."

Shadowcaller
2015-06-10, 08:34 PM
[Zhareen and Vax]

"It's new right? Just started?" Zhareen asks on her side of the table. "I heard you focus on a special kind of clientele."

Fenric
2015-06-11, 06:50 AM
[Stone Scorpion]

The scorpion looks confused.
"That sounds difficult. I guess this Sweet Spring created you for some kind of task?"

Dark Dreams closes her eyes briefly

Not precisely: I was part of a group that kidnapped an avatar of the goddess Inari. As you might expect, that did not turn out well for us. My friends and I ended up fortunate in that our sentence works out to Community Service.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-11, 05:22 PM
[Zhareen and Vax]

Jinkei curtsies. "Well, the owner, Mr. Ezra Sharpe, is a blade vampire. He feeds on metal and lubricant oil. Also on blood, but via stabbing. That's where he got the name, since that's how he turns people too: by stabbing them in just the right way."

She nods to Zhareen. "Yes, that we do, miss. A place where non-humans can come and have fun without fear of prejudice."

[Vamptok's Offer]

Ezra just laughs.

"Prevent conflict. Hah. Stop trying to act so noble... ah, there it is. A show of disgust to get a rise out of me. Something one who truly has conflict prevention in mind won't be doing now, isn't it?"

"I'm sorry you feel that way. Bye now!"

Without looking back, Ezra heads back to the bar.

[Manager's Office]

((Err... I'm confused. See my PM.))

Recaiden
2015-06-11, 05:41 PM
Here's Tavlii, outwardly human (http://www.fenric.com/images/TavliiFinal.jpg) (well, except for the wings), leading Katrina and Caroline into the club and towards the dance floor. Of course, she can't come here dressed like in that picture. Though I'm not sure her current suit and tie is an improvement, exactly, it's certainly a different direction.

"So here we are." Flashing lights, pounding music, danger all around you. All the excitement they came for.
"A bit too brightly colored - and think of those poor Vulpans with their inability to distinguish blues - but I can't expect it to be perfect."

Cyber Punk
2015-06-11, 05:53 PM
Archibald Sharpe approaches the ladies. The windpire is basically a floating cowboy hat and glasses on an invisible head, and there's the sound of rushing wind around him. Those who can see invisible will find that all they see is rushing wind in a vaguely human form.

Good thing, too, because if he were without the anti-invisibility rune, his sanity-rending form might damage the three's minds.

"Evening and welcome to the Biting Knife, ladies." He says in a tinny voice.

Fenric
2015-06-11, 07:11 PM
Caroline nods

Yes, it is bright... and louder than I'm used to.

Katrina is digging it

Great suggestion, Tavlii!

Then a shape of ... wind arrives, Katrina grins

Hello, and thanks!

Recaiden
2015-06-11, 07:19 PM
Mind-damage, not likely. Tavlii is partly here as a reminder for how to relate with normal people. Not that either of Caroline or Katrina are exactly normal, but they're the next best thing.

She nods to Archibald, spreading her wings slightly in something of a reverse-bow.
"Good evening."

Zefir
2015-06-12, 06:42 AM
Dark Dreams closes her eyes briefly

Not precisely: I was part of a group that kidnapped an avatar of the goddess Inari. As you might expect, that did not turn out well for us. My friends and I ended up fortunate in that our sentence works out to Community Service.

"Oh, eh.." Tovpir is not sure what to say. He got no idea about Inari so he can't say if the kidnapping was a good or evil act. (Likly evil cause good normaly don't kidnap people.)
"I'm sure it could have come worst then that."
By now the scorpion stands up, shaking of the last bits of the fly. He appears ok right now.

Fenric
2015-06-12, 09:31 AM
Dark Dreams nods

It could have been much worse. At least now, I have the opportunity to repay my debt to society. I am grateful for the second chance and I take the obligation very seriously.

Yeah, that would be "evil".

I see you have found your feet again. Hopefully there will be no further mishaps for you this evening.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-12, 05:25 PM
[The Foxside Trio]

Mind-damage or no, Tavili would curse her ability to see invisible if Archie was glasses-less.

"This is where I lead you to a booth..." Archibald says and gestures for the ladies to follow him. "Come to check out the place, and possibly to party?" He says, a smile in his voice.

Fenric
2015-06-12, 07:51 PM
[The Foxside Trio]

Mind-damage or no, Tavili would curse her ability to see invisible if Archie was glasses-less.

"This is where I lead you to a booth..." Archibald says and gestures for the ladies to follow him. "Come to check out the place, and possibly to party?" He says, a smile in his voice.

Caroline smiles

Yes, please. That would be nice.

Katrina nods with a big grin.

You got it!

Recaiden
2015-06-13, 03:34 PM
Curse? No.

"What else is a place like this for?"

Tavlii follows along.

"I suppose we can start with a booth."

Cyber Punk
2015-06-13, 04:32 PM
[The Foxside Trio]

(I guess we'll just have to see. :smallamused:)

The three are led to a free booth, the booth where Ezra and Vamptok sat... the booth that happens to be close to our presently deadtimed vampire ladies.

"So, is there anything I can get for you ladies?"

Fenric
2015-06-13, 04:43 PM
[The Foxside Trio]

Caroline looks to Katrina, to whom she still defers in regards to alcoholic beverages. Kat grins

Cosmo for my friend here, but keep it low-octane, ok? Get me a Moscow Mule.

Then a quick grin to Tavlii

Tavlii?

Zefir
2015-06-13, 04:45 PM
Dark Dreams nods

It could have been much worse. At least now, I have the opportunity to repay my debt to society. I am grateful for the second chance and I take the obligation very seriously.

Yeah, that would be "evil".

I see you have found your feet again. Hopefully there will be no further mishaps for you this evening.

At least she doesn't sound like 'I will seek revenge for this'. A point that the thing about evil/good energy mix is true.

"Yep, it was at least a short mishap. On that matter, I wonder when the other order arrives. The waitress didn't seem to be eager to serve me anymore."

Recaiden
2015-06-13, 09:55 PM
[The Foxside Trio]

Tavlii shrugs.

"Get me an Emerald Eye."

Then she slips into the booth, smiling.
"Same old for Caroline?"

Cyber Punk
2015-06-14, 02:08 AM
[The Foxside Trio]

"So that's one Cosmo, one Moscow Mule and one Emerald Eye coming right up!" Archibald waves Jinkei over and relays the information to her. "I'm with the vampire ladies with the cute whimpering girl. Wonder if she's single... Anyway, serve these ladies, please."

Jinkei curtsies and waves to the trio before going to fetch their drinks. At the same time, Archibald returns to the vampires' side.

She returns rather quickly and sets the drinks on the table. "So how're you finding the place?" She giggles. "It was scary to work here, before I discovered my kitsune side!"

---
[SERVER ROSTER]
-Jinkei = Foxside Trio
-Ezra = Zhareen and Vax
-KC = Bar
-Archibald = Vampire Ladies

Fenric
2015-06-14, 08:52 AM
At least she doesn't sound like 'I will seek revenge for this'. A point that the thing about evil/good energy mix is true.

"Yep, it was at least a short mishap. On that matter, I wonder when the other order arrives. The waitress didn't seem to be eager to serve me anymore."

Dark Dreams nods

Indeed, it does seem that way. My glass has been empty for some time now... though perhaps if I had ordered something more worth their while it would have been a better choice.

[Foxside Trio]

Caroline smiles

I am glad to see that things are working out for you, Miss.

Katrina grins and teases

Don't expect us to go easy on you just 'cause we met you once!

Recaiden
2015-06-14, 11:41 PM
[Foxside Trio]

Tavlii accepts her drink calmly.

"The colors are a bit much, but it's nice."
A short laugh.
"How bad did the place get?"

Zefir
2015-06-15, 03:19 AM
Dark Dreams nods

Indeed, it does seem that way. My glass has been empty for some time now... though perhaps if I had ordered something more worth their while it would have been a better choice.

"I don't think so." the stone scorpion says.
"My drink is worth something, since those humans would die when they drink it. I just hope it's not my fault they don't serve you."
The stoen scorpion still stands in front od the stone like platform. He hasn't made a step on it, maybe he fears another mishap when he goes up their. With his sting he grabs his glass from the table and takes a sip of the lava he ordered.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-15, 09:23 AM
[Foxside Trio]

Jinkei smiles and bows a bit to Caroline. "Thank you!" Then Katrina adds her bit, prompting Jinkei to smile. "Won't!" She winks.

"You have no idea, Tavili. Vampires playing on my fear of them... putting gruesome images in my head, then she summoned that... that crime of nature!" She shivers.

Of course, she's referring to Cora.

"Someone else made her scared, though, and it feels good."

Jinkei will wait for their answer, then quickly curtsy. "Sorry, girls, but one second." Then she'll scurry over to Dark Dreams and refill her cup.

"Would you like anything else, miss?"

goto124
2015-06-15, 09:26 AM
[Foxside Trio]

When Jinkei leaves, KC moves in to attend to this trio. 'Hello, do you need anything?'

Fenric
2015-06-15, 09:58 AM
[Foxside Trio]

Caroline just smiles, and Katrina chuckles

Such service! Are we getting anything else yet, Tav, or do you wanna hit the floor?

----

Dark Dreams nods

Thank you. I think I would like a salad, should you have such a thing. Mixed greens or spinach would be preferable. No dressing, thank you.

Then she looks over at Torpvir

And might you see what the delay with my friend's order is?

Gullara
2015-06-15, 05:21 PM
[Zhareen and Vax]

"It's new right? Just started?" Zhareen asks on her side of the table. "I heard you focus on a special kind of clientele."

[Zhareen and Vax]

Jinkei curtsies. "Well, the owner, Mr. Ezra Sharpe, is a blade vampire. He feeds on metal and lubricant oil. Also on blood, but via stabbing. That's where he got the name, since that's how he turns people too: by stabbing them in just the right way."

She nods to Zhareen. "Yes, that we do, miss. A place where non-humans can come and have fun without fear of prejudice."

[Zhareen and Vax]

Vax raises an eyebrow. Not quite the response she had been expecting. But more on the second part, "Without fear of prejudice? I wasn't aware that was a huge problem here. I've yet to experience it myself." In fact, she gets more of that from people from her own world. Though all things considered, she doesn't blame them all that much.

Shadowcaller
2015-06-15, 06:45 PM
[Zhareen and Vax]

That was straightforward. People sure didn't sugarcoat it around here. "I've experienced the complete opposite actually." Zhareen says, having more experience with the nexus than her wife. "Compared to our homeworld the nexus is really open minded about non-human beings. I was quite amazed actually in how little prejudices there are around here. But I suppose it can't exist for long in a world where all realities go together like this."

Recaiden
2015-06-15, 07:31 PM
[Foxside Trio]

"Nothing else for me."

Tavlii shakes her head and takes a deep drink.

"Katrina has the right idea; it isn't time to sit and talk yet."

To the floor.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-15, 07:32 PM
[Zhareen and Vax]

While Jinkei's wondering exactly what to reply, Ezra heads to their table.

"Hello ladies, and it's a pleasure to see you again, Zhareen. I'm sorry we met under such circumstances. My willingness to help those in need tends to get the better of me!" He chuckles and scratches his red hair. "Learnt my lesson, though." His face turns sour and he sighs.

"But enough about sad matters. You asked about why this place exists? Well, for one, I thought the Nexus could use a place where non-humans could be free to be themselves while having fun. It could also help spread awareness about Malechenar to other vampires... something Rhye should appreciate."

As Ezra speaks, Jinkei takes the opportunity to scurry away.

Dark Dreams nods

Thank you. I think I would like a salad, should you have such a thing. Mixed greens or spinach would be preferable. No dressing, thank you.

"Yes, ma'am. Right away, ma'am."

Jinkei scurries over to the kitchen to get Dark Dreams' order, then returns to serve it to her. After that, she rushes over to Topvir's side. "How can I help?"

Gullara
2015-06-15, 10:24 PM
[Zhareen and Vax]

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of questioning why this place should exist. I was just a bit surprised by the explanation." Vax sips her water, though she doesn't remove her unblinking stare from Ezra. "My name is Vax, before I forget to mention. I'm Zhareen's wife. I never knew you two were acquainted."

Lady Serpentine
2015-06-16, 01:59 AM
[Tables - Corruption]

"You should remember the senses of those who are more than human in such a place," Sarah replies sharp(e)ly, glaring at him. "It is designed to cater to them. You are lucky your stupidity did not have worse consequences. You could have... Oh... Frightened off everyone in this place. As it is, you merely made a powerful spirit think that she was in mortal danger."

Cora, for her part, uncoils with a strange fluid grace at odds with her appearance, swarming over Sarah's shoulders to stand behind her, syringe-fingers clicking and her glassy teeth bared in a snarl of anger, the same green-black fluid as before dripping down to eat away at the floor.

Sarah seems surprisingly unconcerned by having Cora climb over her, and simply turns back to Deadra, shrugging - it seems she's decided to show her contempt for Archibald by ignoring him. "Cora was scared by an idiot. An unusual turn of events. Regardless. We were speaking?"

[Present]

In walks... A perfectly normal human girl, apparently. She smells of vampire to anyone with the senses for that - but not nearly strong enough to be one; probably a thrall, or simply someone who's been fed on. Perhaps this would be a good customer for Jinkei to serve?

Cyber Punk
2015-06-16, 02:22 AM
[Tables - Corruption]

Archibald shakes his head. Oh, young vampires. He bows to Sarah and Cora. "Forgive my inconsideration, I didn't mean to scare your cute and beautiful friend over here." He tips his hat at Cora. "I'll make it up to you, Cora. Order whatever you want."

He turns his attention back to Sarah. "As for you, scaring a helpless little girl, and complaining when I do the same to your friend, albeit not on purpose, unlike you?" He gestures to Jinkei, who's presently serving Topvir. "I have the decency to apologize to y'all; you should do the same for her. What do you think would have happened if your inconsideration had given her a heart attack?"

While saying all this, he maintains a calm tone, there's no hint of anger in his voice. "Perhaps I shouldn't speak. You merely ensured a normal elf girl wouldn't sleep well for a year."

[Present]

Jinkei smiles. A normal person... she sniffs the air a bit. Okay, a vampire.

Nonetheless, she rushes over to the girl and curtsies. "Hi, I'm Jinkei and welcome to the Biting Knife. How may I serve you today?"

Zefir
2015-06-16, 02:48 AM
[Foxside Trio]

Caroline just smiles, and Katrina chuckles

Such service! Are we getting anything else yet, Tav, or do you wanna hit the floor?

----

Dark Dreams nods

[Zhareen and Vax]

"Hello ladies, and it's a pleasure to see you again, Zhareen. I'm sorry we met under such circumstances. My willingness to help those in need tends to get the better of me!" He chuckles and scratches his red hair. "Learnt my lesson, though." His face turns sour and he sighs.

"But enough about sad matters. You asked about why this place exists? Well, for one, I thought the Nexus could use a place where non-humans could be free to be themselves while having fun. It could also help spread awareness about Malechenar to other vampires... something Rhye should appreciate."

"Yes, ma'am. Right away, ma'am."

Jinkei scurries over to the kitchen to get Dark Dreams' order, then returns to serve it to her. After that, she rushes over to Topvir's side. "How can I help?"
[Non-humanoids]

Well Tovpir is close to Dark Dreams, otherwise it might be hard to talk with the musik and all going on, right?
Tovpir is still standing in front of the table, even thougth there is something prepared for him to sit on, but he doesn't trust it. He nods thankfully to Dark Dreams, not only for pointing the waitress to him more for the word 'friend' she uses.
"The other waitress got an order from me about stone spider meat, but since the mishap she left us alone. It would be nice if it could be cleared."

Shadowcaller
2015-06-16, 06:30 AM
[Zhareen and Vax]

[Zhareen and Vax]

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of questioning why this place should exist. I was just a bit surprised by the explanation." Vax sips her water, though she doesn't remove her unblinking stare from Ezra. "My name is Vax, before I forget to mention. I'm Zhareen's wife. I never knew you two were acquainted."

[Zhareen and Vax]

Zhareen wasn't sure that Malechenar was the ideal place for vampires but she didn't want to get in trouble for saying something like that. "He visited Kanya in the Malechenar compound a few days ago. The two got into an argument and..." She shakes her head. "I could have sworn I told you this, Vax but I guess I forgot. I'm just glad everything turned out alright. There was about to be a fight if I understand things correctly." She looks at Erza. "But, uh, enough about that right? What kind of customers do you have here, Erza?"

Fenric
2015-06-16, 09:54 AM
[Foxside Trio]

"Nothing else for me."

Tavlii shakes her head and takes a deep drink.

"Katrina has the right idea; it isn't time to sit and talk yet."

To the floor.

Yay, Dancing! Katrina and Caroline slide out of the booth

Yes, that sound like fun
Let's go!

Cyber Punk
2015-06-16, 02:25 PM
[Non-humanoids]

Jinkei curtsies and goes to retrieve the stone spider meat.

On returning, she sets it in front of Topvir. "Would you like help on getting in front of this platform?"

[Zhareen and Vax]

Ezra bows. "A pleasure to meet you, Vax."

He shakes his head. "I wanted to help, she didn't want my help, insulted me, things got out of hand..." He waves a hand dismissively. "But yeah, it's past."

For a few seconds, his red eyes show sadness.

Ezra clears his throat, and suddenly the smile's back on his face. "SO! We have vampires, ponies, werewolves, kitsune, goblins, hybrids, robots... specifically, we cater to the non-human demographic." He specifically tries to avoid the word 'monsters'.

Arkhosia
2015-06-17, 04:02 PM
ClosedScene

In steps a light-skinned drow, her pale sakura pink hair shorn short to prevent it from interfering with combat. With a cerulean left iris and violet right eye shining bright, the dark elf is adorned in a scarlet-hemmed green robe upon a sleeveless black shirt, right side hanging from the black and white wrapping around her waist and fingerless gloves clothing her upper arms. Pale tights clad her long, lithe legs, and umber boots shield her feet and lower legs.

((Outfit im tryng to describe, basically (http://www.drowtales.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Chapter42_Tarshay.jpg)

The Alexandrian
2015-06-17, 09:35 PM
[Drow Babe and Nicole]

The ruthless Nicole, whose attire and accessories need little description as she's wearing exactly what you'd expect Nicole to wear to a nightclub: a skintight, black leather catsuit, hitman-esque black leather gloves, and polished (Shiny! Shiny! Pretty! Pretty! @_@), black combat boots, swaggers into the club not too long after the colorful drow does the same. She may or may not have been less than stealthily trailing the colorful drow for approximately three blocks before she ducked into this joint to wet her whistle. I sincerely hope that the bar doesn't 'ave a no smoking policy because Nicole is smoking (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp20JSzfImc) twenty-four seven!

She's also presently smoking a cigarette!
Fred Flintstone made her do it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFogTD0t5kM), not I! Honest! :smalleek::smalltongue:

Arkhosia
2015-06-17, 10:10 PM
[Drow Babe and Nicole]

The ruthless Nicole, whose attire and accessories need little description as she's wearing exactly what you'd expect Nicole to wear to a nightclub: a skintight, black leather catsuit, hitman-esque black leather gloves, and polished (Shiny! Shiny! Pretty! Pretty! @_@), black combat boots, swaggers into the club not too long after the colorful drow does the same. She may or may not have been less than stealthily trailing the colorful drow for approximately three blocks before she ducked into this joint to wet her whistle. I sincerely hope that the bar doesn't 'ave a no smoking policy because Nicole is smoking (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp20JSzfImc) twenty-four seven!

She's also presently smoking a cigarette!
Fred Flintstone made her do it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFogTD0t5kM), not I! Honest! :smalleek::smalltongue:

Nicole probably noticed said drow's oft-happening glances toward her form, and equally so the hand hovering close to the knife upon her belt, juuuuust in case.
The grey elf takes a seat at the bar, leaning forward with her elbows on the table (NO! BAD MANNERS!) as her dexterous hands prop her head up and her long legs cross. she keeps a watchful eye upon her apparent stalker, interest in identity and motive present.
Meanwhile, I'd imagine the bartender sighs as yet another character takes up space on his counter without supporting the fine establishment they're in. :smalltongue:

Cyber Punk
2015-06-17, 10:24 PM
[Gingerbread Soldier]

Ilyona, the creepy doll-like android arrives with the gingerbread soldier and his cargo, via carriage.

"This is it, Mistew Gingewbwead Ma~an!" She says in a singsong voice as she brings the beasts to a stop.

ThirdEmperor
2015-06-17, 11:22 PM
[Gingerbread Soldier]

The gingerbread man sighs heavily, with a deeply tired look for his companion. "I suppose I can trust you to bring the catch inside." Leaping down from the carriage, he pushes his way inside, and through the bustle of the busy tavern to lean against the bar. A velvet purse lands heavily on the countertop, to draw the proprietor's attention. The jingle of coins can be remarkably loud even in this sort of din. "I will need - I will need two rooms, and another, secure, within your cellar. I take it you keep that sort of accommodation. For those who want to bring their own food?"

Lady Serpentine
2015-06-18, 12:04 AM
[Present]

"I'll take a... Menu, actually?" The woman shrugs, looking up at Jinkei with a pleasant smile. "Not sure what you've got, so." Odd, since she thinks the woman actually is a vampire. Most of them just go straight for blood.

Gullara
2015-06-18, 12:21 AM
[Zhareen and Vax]

One would hope so! It doesn't exactly have, well, any positive connotations. Not for the average person.

"That's a very broad clientele. It makes me wonder if you're really prepared to serve all of them. I imagine you get a whole host of different tastes and needs from different people." As Vax speaks she tears a lump of meat from her dish with her claws and pops it into her mouth when she's done.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-18, 12:43 AM
[Gingerbread Soldier]

Ezra looks at the money, and back at the gingerbread soldier. "And here I thought most didn't realize there were rooms to sleep in! As for bringing your own food..." He points to a sign. "Vampires are allowed to bring ONE thrall, that you're allowed to feed on, oh my, yes!"

He grabs the money, just as Ilyona the creepy doll-like android walks in while carrying the bodies on two extra arms, causing Jinkei to jump.

"Hello, bawtendaw!" She pokes the Gingerbread Soldier with one of her free arms. "Bwought them! It was hawd to not expewiment on them though!"

Ezra clears his throat. "Which one's the food?"

[Present]

"Uhh..." Jinkei blinks twice. "We have some blood, if you want?" She hands the woman the menu she's holding.

Lady Serpentine
2015-06-18, 12:56 AM
[Present]

Jinkei simply gets a look, since however cute the thrall finds her, she's not amused at that particular mistake; still, in short order, she's looked over the menu and made a decision - though Jinkei might notice that her tone is considerably cooler when she next speaks.

"I'll have a grilled provolone and pastrami sandwich, thank you." With that, she lays the menu aside, and somewhat pointedly ignores Jinkei, unless the foxgirl tries to apologize or something.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-18, 01:04 AM
[Present]

Jinkei sees the look and hears the cool tone of voice, and knows she has to apologize.

"I'm so sorry." She curtsies to the woman, then scurries off.

Moments pass.

Jinkei scurries back to the woman and drops her food in front of her. "I apologize for the mistake. Ermm... will there be anything else?" She picks up the menu as she speaks.

ThirdEmperor
2015-06-18, 01:10 AM
[Gingerbread Soldier]

"Both. One is hers, the other, for my master's arrival. There should be no problems." And the purse is accordingly a full one, each heavy golden coin stamped with an engraving of the prince. The young ruler's gaze stares out sharp and cruel, even through the roughness of the printing, his head crowned by the simple motto; Vita est Pretiosus.
With an officious cough, the gingerbread man adds, "He should arrive tomorrow. He will want a larger room, and if possible, in the basement. He is old-fashioned. In the meantime, we have horses to stable. Can arrangements be made here or should we find a nearby establishment?" Drops of his blood, thick and curdled, drip from the terrible gash of his shoulder. The gingerbread man tuts, dabbing ineffectually with a handkerchief.

Lady Serpentine
2015-06-18, 01:13 AM
[Present]

The thrall shrugs a bit, smiling at her again. "Apology accepted. Some company, perhaps? That would be rather appreciated, since you seem to have meant no insult... And I was a bit rude to you, seeing as it was just a mistake, so it would be a way of making amends. And who wouldn't be pleased to have a cute girl with them while they eat, hm?"

Cyber Punk
2015-06-18, 01:30 AM
[Gingerbread Soldier]

Ezra nods twice. "Oh my, definitely! No problems at all, pardner." He listens to the Gingerbread Soldier. "Hmm, paying in advance, eh? It can be done. I look forward to meeting a fellow vampire."

"You can stable your horses next to the parking space outside."

Ilyona not-giggles excitedly. "A test subject? That's Pawfect!" She claps her free hands together.

[Present]

The white-furred kitsune blushes at being called cute. "I suppose I could..." Then she sits down, her tails flicking semi-excitedly.

"So... is it nice? The sandwich, I mean?"

Lady Serpentine
2015-06-18, 01:37 AM
[Present]

"Delicious," the black-haired thrall reassures her, still smiling softly at the kitsue. "Would you like anything? I'm happy to pay, if you do. Not that you look like you need charity, but... You know what I mean, I hope."

Cyber Punk
2015-06-18, 01:49 AM
[Present]

Jinkei doesn't want to offend the lady before her. "I ate recently, but... well... some white mice, I guess..."

She smiles and scurries off to get a plate with four white mice. When she comes back, she sits down quickly and noms on one. "Thank you."

"I'm Jinkei. What's your name?"

ThirdEmperor
2015-06-18, 01:49 AM
[Gingerbread Man]

"Excellent." It's only half a word and more a groan, the man nearly stumbling as he lifts his weight from the countertop. He gestures tersely to Ilyona and her guests, bloodied kerchief in hand, listing slowly to the right as he heads for the stairs. "You - you get them settled in the cellar, and then come meet me in my room." He pauses and turns on the step, calling back, "No 'experiments'. Not yet."

Lady Serpentine
2015-06-18, 02:19 AM
[Enthralled]

"Please, don't feel obligated to eat on my account... And my name is Kasai." She takes another bite of her sandwich, shrugging a bit. "And you're welcome. How'd you come to work here? No offense, but you seem a little... Out of place."

Cyber Punk
2015-06-18, 02:48 AM
[Gingerbread Man]

"No experiments. You aw no fun!" Ilyona sounds pouty, but the smile doesn't leave her face. She turns and heads to the cellar to stash their cargo.

Ilyona walks into the Gingerbread Man's room. "You have a name, Mister Gingawbwead?"

[Enthralled]

Jinkei smiles and noms another mouse.

"Well... I'm new to the Nexus and needed a place to earn money. Mr. Sharpe, the owner, met me looking lost and offered me a place here." She absentmindedly smooths her fur. "I'm not really out of place, though: two of Mr Sharpe's girlfriends are human, and they help him here."

Lady Serpentine
2015-06-18, 03:00 AM
[Enthralled]

"What I mean is that you seem... Uncomfortable. Out of place not by body but by nature." Kasai returns her smile, seeming slightly amused. "Not that that's a bad thing, of course. The patrons here can be a bit disconcerting, I'm sure."

ThirdEmperor
2015-06-18, 03:07 AM
[The Upper Floor]

The room is gawdy and awful. The drapes drawn over the window and sunset beyond tint the light an unpleasant shade of pink and cover the floor in the shadows of the patterned hearts. A porcelain cupid offers a leer and an arrow from atop the dresser. "Albricht." The gingerbread man sits sprawled in an uncomfortable looking hardback chair, good arm supporting the bad as he slowly drips upon the carpet, his eyes half-closed and his breathing shallow. An opened snifter of brandy from the fridge and a half-emptied glass sit alongside him - strong companions for a bad day. "Come and stitch me up. I think I might've died a while ago."

Zefir
2015-06-18, 03:12 AM
[Non-humanoids]

Jinkei curtsies and goes to retrieve the stone spider meat.

On returning, she sets it in front of Topvir. "Would you like help on getting in front of this platform?"

[Non-humanoids]

Tovpir holds up his claws immediatly.

"Oh, no no no no. Not again. The last time was enougth for me. I'm able to go there myself. I just don't trust it. It's just some magic." the stone scorpion says.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-18, 03:45 AM
[The Upper Floor]

"Albwicht." Ilyona repeats. It sounds like she's testing the word on her tongue. "The name is nice."

The creepy doll-like android grins widely, more than should be possible for anyone to grin. "An opewation. My favowite thing!"

She draws a chair closer so she can work at couch height and taps the head-on-a-maglev-unit, causing it to hang around, in case she's in need of some spare parts.

"Let the opewation begin!"

Her chest opens up to reveal an array of surgical tools. Using her four hands, she holds the wound steady while her tools get to the work of stitching the wound. She holds off on adding any machine parts until Albricht isn't looking, then adds a spare robot joint to make the arm stronger.

Can't have him noticing anything's wrong, so she puts the joint in in the form of specialized nanobots that will form into the desired joint.

Stitch-stitch-stitch, the stitching continues at an alarming speed, and in no time at all, the arm has been repaired. Of course, there was some jam-ish blood dripping, and Ilyona couldn't let that opportunity go to waste now, could she? That said, she discreetly collects some of the blood and stores it in her chest area.

"Success! Wake up, Albwicht!"

[Enthralled]

Jinkei frowns a bit. "Y-yeah..." She says, her voice dripping with nervousness. "Disconcerting is an understatement." She turns her thoughts to the two vampires and the decaying crime-against-nature that were here a few days ago. Archibald wasn't afraid, but then he's a vampire... and he seemed to be attracted to Miss Decay... what is WRONG with him!?

Jinkei shakes herself out of her thoughts with a shudder and noms a third rat. "I didn't know I was a kitsune until yesterday."

[Non-humanoids]

Jinkei sits near Topvir and puts a hand in her pocket. That hand grasps her ball rather tightly.

"Would you like me to make you feel better?" At the same time, she's trying to calm Topvir's emotional state down with her powers.

Lady Serpentine
2015-06-18, 04:00 AM
[Enthralled]

Kasai frowns and stands up, setting her sandwich down as she comes around to gently lay a hand on Jinkei's shoulder. "Shall we focus on that rather than the more disturbing aspects of working here, then? As long as it's not similarly distressing, I mean. This was supposed to be pleasant for you, after all, not make you even more scared."

She offers the foxgirl a kind smile, giving her shoulder a soft squeeze if she didn't seem to mind the contact. "Oh. And if you'd like, I could come back when you get off work, perhaps? I know a few places that are rather more normal, if you'd care for a distraction from having here as your day-to-day, assuming you don't mind my company."

Cyber Punk
2015-06-18, 04:24 AM
[Enthralled]

Jinkei smiles at Kasai. "Thanks. It's awesome being a kitsune! I get to have all these powers, and change forms, and... it's positively wonderful!"

Her shoulder is squeezed and she looks happy to have made a new friend. Then the offer is made, an offer Jinkei readily - a bit too readily - accepts. It crosses her mind that she's being flirted with, but shrugs the thought off.

She'd never cheat on her girlfriend, anyway.

"We could... well, in fact we could go now, Kasai!" Jinkei noms down the last mouse and pops a breath mint. "If you want, that is..."

ThirdEmperor
2015-06-18, 04:24 AM
[The Upper Floor]

Albricht only groans, and that in response to everything. To the hands springing from her chest, the knives and the needles poking into his wound, for all that he can only turn his head aside and grit his teeth. She'll have no trouble taking her samples and slipping in the busy little nanites. He pays no attention through the pain. Only when she draws back her spindling metal arms and declares her work complete does Albricht open his eyes again, and he reaches - with the good arm - for his glass. "Thanks." He mutters, hoarse and still breathless. "Anything for the pain?"

Shadowcaller
2015-06-18, 04:59 AM
[Zhareen and Vax]

Ezra bows. "A pleasure to meet you, Vax."

He shakes his head. "I wanted to help, she didn't want my help, insulted me, things got out of hand..." He waves a hand dismissively. "But yeah, it's past."

For a few seconds, his red eyes show sadness.

Ezra clears his throat, and suddenly the smile's back on his face. "SO! We have vampires, ponies, werewolves, kitsune, goblins, hybrids, robots... specifically, we cater to the non-human demographic." He specifically tries to avoid the word 'monsters'.

[Zhareen and Vax]

One would hope so! It doesn't exactly have, well, any positive connotations. Not for the average person.

"That's a very broad clientele. It makes me wonder if you're really prepared to serve all of them. I imagine you get a whole host of different tastes and needs from different people." As Vax speaks she tears a lump of meat from her dish with her claws and pops it into her mouth when she's done.

[Zhareen and Vax]

Ponies are monsters now? I guess Ezra must be a part of the anti-brony club. :smalltongue:
"It does sounds like a challenge, isn't the majority of people in this world non-human? It can be taken for discrimination towards an minority rather than catering for many." Like the anti-human club! "But Sekai instructed us to tell you something while I'm here. She wanted me to inform you that she have set up a new form of defense around the castle so you're advised to not instantaneously travel inside."

Cyber Punk
2015-06-18, 05:08 AM
[The Upper Floor]

Ilyona isn't fazed by his groanings. In fact, she seems to relish them a bit. She's even happier that she could collect the tissue-like candy samples from him. Oh yes, this is absolutely definitely perfect!

"Pain? I could wemove those pesky newves!" A pause. "Maybe instead..." She injects something into his arm that should deaden his nerves for a long time.

"That feels bettaw, yes?"

[Zhareen and Vax]

"Well, I try my best, Vax." Ezra smiles at her. "There's always something for everyone, that much is true."

He turns to Zhareen. "Humans are welcome here... as long as they're comfortable being in a club with us non-humans."

A nod. "I never instantaneously teleport from place to place for no just cause, so I'm good. I'm rather traditional, though, and I'll tell you: even when you can teleport, there's nothing that beats legging it yourself!" He chuckles. Well, it's not like anyone would get the wrong idea... except maybe Sekai.

"Well, I know your wife now, Zhareen, so it's only fair you get to know my significant others." He points to KC. "That blond-haired lady that came to serve you earlier? She's one of them." They don't really need to know this, but he figures it's a way of bonding. "The muscular red-headed one is the second... well, technically the first."

Lady Serpentine
2015-06-18, 05:09 AM
[Enthralled]

Kasai grins and nods, picking up her sandwich. "Let's get going then. Got a preference on atmosphere, or should I pick?" ...Jinkei might want to specify. Just saying. Not that she's going to go for anything too terrible, but still. Just a precaution. Though she might not be thinking about that at this point, what with being all excited to have a new friend.

Cyber Punk
2015-06-18, 05:45 AM
[Enthralled]

Jinkei smiles. "Well, you choose. I'd go for somewhere windy, but... you choose." A way to get to know her new friend! At this point, she doesn't care much...

Maybe she should care... in case Kasai's actually flirting.

"On second thought... let's go to a park."

ThirdEmperor
2015-06-18, 06:01 AM
[The Upper Floor]

"No!" He snaps, but not before the needle sinks into his arm. He grimaces, tries to grab her by the wrist, with enough strength to cause pain should Ilyona have anything left to feel with. That, he would doubt. "Dammit. Do I have to tell you everything?" Albricht frowns, and releases her, sinking back into his chair with the palm of his hand across his eyes. At least the medicine is working. A moment ago that sudden movement would have left a jarring ache. "Me, my master, the stronger of the two prisoners, you're to tell me before you go doing anything to them. Do that, and you'll be well paid, sawbones."

Cyber Punk
2015-06-18, 07:40 AM
[The Upper Floor]

Ilyona doesn't have anything to feel pain with, but she can feel his touch. "Cross, even though we just eased his pain. Sowwy about that. Don't wowwy, I won't do anything to you or yaw mastew." Not without cause, anyway.

"As for the othew one..." The statement is unsaid, but she wants to have her way with him.

Felandria
2015-06-18, 01:24 PM
[Tables - Corruption]

"You should remember the senses of those who are more than human in such a place," Sarah replies sharp(e)ly, glaring at him. "It is designed to cater to them. You are lucky your stupidity did not have worse consequences. You could have... Oh... Frightened off everyone in this place. As it is, you merely made a powerful spirit think that she was in mortal danger."

Cora, for her part, uncoils with a strange fluid grace at odds with her appearance, swarming over Sarah's shoulders to stand behind her, syringe-fingers clicking and her glassy teeth bared in a snarl of anger, the same green-black fluid as before dripping down to eat away at the floor.

Sarah seems surprisingly unconcerned by having Cora climb over her, and simply turns back to Deadra, shrugging - it seems she's decided to show her contempt for Archibald by ignoring him. "Cora was scared by an idiot. An unusual turn of events. Regardless. We were speaking?"

Deadra nods.

I'm just starting to think I've lost my edge.

I fear I've become complacent, you know?

I feel that itch, the need to do something to break the cycle of monotony.

The Alexandrian
2015-06-18, 04:26 PM
Oooo! If/when Desiree learns that Sharpe endorses thrall ownership, he'll be up the creek without a paddle!

-------
[Drow Babe -and- Nicole]

Nicole elects to casually lean on the counter beside the drow and shamelessly chat her up, her tail serenely swishing behind her.

"Well, don't you set a brisk pace! Now that I've finally caught up with you, what say I buy you a drink, miss? It's hotter than sin outside, and with you around, I'm liable to burst into flames before suppertime!" :smallwink:

Arkhosia
2015-06-18, 08:38 PM
Oooo! If/when Desiree learns that Sharpe endorses thrall ownership, he'll be up the creek without a paddle!

-------
[Drow Babe -and- Nicole]

Nicole elects to casually lean on the counter beside the drow and shamelessly chat her up, her tail serenely swishing behind her.

"Well, don't you set a brisk pace! Now that I've finally caught up with you, what say I buy you a drink, miss? It's hotter than sin outside, and with you around, I'm liable to burst into flames before suppertime!" :smallwink:

is Nicole Pyro-Suicidal?

Sorry, paranoid suspicion is a racial trait of mine. I wouldn't turn down such a treat from a woman such as yourself. After all, it takes a lot of liquid to prevent suffering from such a fate!
The drow compliments, her pink lips smiling amicably.
Wariness still lies present in the woman's eyes, understandably enough.