PDA

View Full Version : Adding Greater Magic Weapon to Divine Spell List

Yogibear41
2015-05-17, 01:05 AM
Is there a feat that will allow me to add the Greater Magic weapon spell to a divine spell-casting class that does not normally have it, such as the blackguard?

Saintheart
2015-05-17, 01:58 AM
There's Sword of the Arcane Order which will let this happen for rangers and paladins indirectly: you can cast other arcane spellcasters' spells out of your ranger or paladin slots. Sadly, it probably doesn't cover blackguard as such since it's pretty much restricted to characters who worship and are part of an elite order of Mystra.

Also out of the Forgotten Realms, and out of the same goddess no less, Greater Anyspell sort-of allows this for clerics of the Spell domain.

Gold Dwarf Dweomersmith arguably also adds this spell (and a grab bag of other weapon-related spells) to the gold dwarf's list.

Also see source-changing shenanigan feats like Southern Magician (Shining South) and Alternative Source Spell (out of Dragon magazine) which allow you to cast arcane spells as divine spells or vice versa. (Alt. Source Spell allows you to outright prepare an arcane spell as a divine spell).

Cruiser1
2015-05-17, 02:04 AM
Is there a feat that will allow me to add the Greater Magic weapon spell to a divine spell-casting class that does not normally have it, such as the blackguard?
Extra Spell feat is a general way for any class (although it requires a generous interpretation that it allows spells outside your class list).

Planar Touchstone feat, choosing Catalogues of Enlightenment, because Greater Magic Weapon is available in the Dwarf domain (although it will only allow you to cast it a few times).

Andezzar
2015-05-17, 02:25 AM
Also out of the Forgotten Realms, and out of the same goddess no less, Greater Anyspell sort-of allows this for clerics of the Spell domain.Clerics get GMW already, so there is no need for greater anyspell.

Also see source-changing shenanigan feats like Southern Magician (Shining South) and Alternative Source Spell (out of Dragon magazine) which allow you to cast arcane spells as divine spells or vice versa. (Alt. Source Spell allows you to outright prepare an arcane spell as a divine spell).Southern Magician is from Races of Faerun, not Shining South and does not work that way.
The actual source of the spell's power doesn't change, nor does its means of preparation. You are merely weaving the strands of magic together in an unconventional way that makes the spell behave somewhat differently.You can only prepare a spell if it is on your spell list. If GMW isn't, Southern Magician does not help with that.

I do not have Dragon Magazine so I cannot comment on that feat, but I somehow doubt that it enables a divine caster to cast spells he cannot cast normally as arcane spells