PDA

View Full Version : a simple sketch i did...

Madmal
2007-04-20, 12:03 PM
Two days ago, i was getting bored at Sociology, since the teacher had gotten out of topic (he usually over-explains...*snooze*) and i've had already understood how our government system was more charisma-based, so i look down at my notebook, and realize that i have been absent-mindedly doodling a figure about a character i've been given some thought for some days, so i said to myself "meh, let's get this on with then" and started to sketch the rest, using a black pen.

Here's the result:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/Omniprowl/scan.jpg

Please, i would like your opinions and/or critics on this, since i pretty much consider myself a rookie at drawing.

Thanks in advance:smallsmile:

Dr. Bath
2007-04-20, 01:36 PM
Hmmm, pretty good. A few things that might help wolud be:
You could lower the right arm (the one nearest) and lengthen the jacket.
Also the left arm needs to be slightly shortened, it's not the same length as the right one.
Make the collar bigger, at the moment it looks like his chin is 20cm into the chest area of the jacket, not just nestled in the collar.

A suggestion for getting better generally at drawing figures, sketch some manakins, the poseable wooden ones that are in every art department. It helps to get your scale right

BrokenButterfly
2007-04-22, 06:18 PM
I can't really criticise to my fellow classroom sketchers. I got an A in my Art GCSE (thinking about posting up some of those final pieces actually) but I couldn't tell you squat.

Looks pretty cool, reminded me a bit of Vash from Trigun. At least around the top half of the body.

Dispozition
2007-04-27, 04:43 AM
One piece of advice...Use non-lined paper. It makes all pictures look so much better. Other than that, it's really good. Better than most of my classroom sketches. I can't really offer any advice on the drawing itself. Love the keychain thing.

BrokenButterfly
2007-04-28, 08:18 PM
I dunno, plain paper is obviously better for art no question. But when it comes to doodles, lined paper makes it look more authentic, and it identifies it as a classroom sketch. When I ask for paper in class so I can note/doodle obviously I'm only going to get lined stuff. I prefer it now to be honest, plain paper is not for me anymore.