PDA

View Full Version : I Know What Will Happen!!!!!(spoilers)

Nightwing
2007-04-20, 01:10 PM
He will call Celia!

MReav
2007-04-20, 01:11 PM
Shouldn't this have spoilers?

jindra34
2007-04-20, 01:12 PM
it should but,,,

Assassinfox
2007-04-20, 01:13 PM
Who DIDN'T already figure that out? C'mon!

SPoD
2007-04-20, 01:13 PM
This is the Ur-Spoiler thread, from which all future spoiler threads will descend.

jindra34
2007-04-20, 01:15 PM
Who DIDN'T already figure that out? C'mon!

well we had a discussion of this a few weeks ago and we came up with several solutions...

Moral Wiz
2007-04-20, 02:09 PM
Now, this is when the battle is going to be decided. If roy can call celia before he falls, he might just survive. With him, the oots might just be able to kill enough hobs to get :xykon: and co to run away.

However (and this is the solution I'm rooting for) if he dosn't call her, it'll all go pear shaped. AC will be one high level fighter down,and the troops who can see that, will probably break and run. If so, the hobs will move their seige equipment into the city, and redcloak, who is really mad at the palladins and can guess where they will probably be, orders their most heavy weapons (high level spells? catapults?) to target that place.

The tower.

That's my 2 cents.

the_tick_rules
2007-04-20, 03:10 PM
it's possible.

Tmabbbb
2007-04-20, 08:38 PM
I'm very sure he will call Celia, but I really wish that he'd just die and never be ressurected. I agree with Moral Wiz. AC is one fighter down, and Team Evil marches in. However, I doubt that the soldiers would retreat from one more casualty. Still, I'm almost certain that he'll call Celia, survive, and continue fighting. But I really wish that he'd leave the story. Too bad he's the protagonist, or else there's a chance he'll be killed off.

Rai Thunder
2007-04-20, 08:41 PM
I'm torn between Roy living and dying. Both would have interesting consequences, after all.

Demented
2007-04-20, 10:05 PM
However, I doubt that the soldiers would retreat from one more casualty.

Maybe we'll get to see it from an Azure City Guard's perspective,
as Roy falls from the heavens a la Superman.

*thud*

Innis Cabal
2007-04-20, 10:13 PM
you do know now that you said it will happen it wont right?

Sky_Schemer
2007-04-20, 10:13 PM
I wonder what his sword will land on (in)? The Huecuva or the Eye of Fear and Flame?

jindra34
2007-04-20, 10:15 PM
The Eye of Flame from the Eye of Fear and Flame...

Fawkes
2007-04-20, 10:21 PM
Why do you people want Roy to die? I'm not sure if that's a compliment to the Giant's ability to write villains, an insult to his ability to write heroes, or just a reflection of how sick people are.

Xykon = mean.
Roy = nice.
Sure, Roy's not perfect, but who is? I really don't get how people are so hard on the poor guy.

Plus, if Roy dies, Elan will cry.

Assassinfox
2007-04-20, 10:26 PM
Why do you people want Roy to die? I'm not sure if that's a compliment to the Giant's ability to write villains, an insult to his ability to write heroes, or just a reflection of how sick people are.

Xykon = mean.
Roy = nice.
Sure, Roy's not perfect, but who is? I really don't get how people are so hard on the poor guy.

Plus, if Roy dies, Elan will cry.

I want Roy to die because...

Roy = Mean.

Admittedly, I don't dislike him anywhere near my loathing for V. I'd rather see Roy's fall cushioned by V's crushed corpse. :smallsmile:

Demented
2007-04-20, 10:46 PM

No one knows that better than Rich. :smallwink:

But there are more pressing concerns....
If Roy does summon Celia, she will become involved in the battle. That is assured.
Do not forget: She is the protagonist's love. A curse hangs over her head.

Take note, the title of #442 is,
"We Can Do This the Easy Way..."

Roy chose the Hard Way. Don't protagonists always?
But they aren't the ones who are hurt most in the end... Or are they?

Scatman
2007-04-20, 10:48 PM
Bah no one knows whats gonna happen.Something undeniably unexpected is gonna happen, like durkon saving him from his fall do doomdedness.

Lord Anath'Kash
2007-04-20, 10:53 PM
Well now with all the threads stating "Booty talisman! WHOOO!" the chance of the Celia summoning amulet being used isn't that high.

Black_Light83
2007-04-20, 10:57 PM
Ya probobly:smallannoyed:

Demented
2007-04-20, 10:58 PM
For all the people saying Miko would fall, she still fell.

Scatman
2007-04-20, 11:01 PM
Doesnt she have the slow fall feat that reduces fall damage or something because of monk levels?

Fawkes
2007-04-20, 11:14 PM
Roy = Mean.

Give me an example of something Roy has done that is mean enough to warrant a death sentence.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-20, 11:19 PM
why? becuase he isnt rooting for the same person as you? You make me sadder sir...bad form!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/badform1.jpg

Assassinfox
2007-04-20, 11:19 PM
Give me an example of something Roy has done that is mean enough to warrant a death sentence.

He refused to worship Banjo. SMITE THE UNBELIEVER!

Demented
2007-04-20, 11:21 PM
No character's character debates! Shoo! Out!
/protest

Doesnt she have the slow fall feat that reduces fall damage or something because of monk levels?

Nope. That comes at level 4. She only has 2 Monk levels.

Fawkes
2007-04-20, 11:25 PM
Roy haters make me sad. And confused, frankly.

SPoD
2007-04-20, 11:29 PM

Well now with all the threads stating "Booty talisman! WHOOO!" the chance of the Celia summoning amulet being used isn't that high.

Ya probobly:smallannoyed:

I'm always amazed by people who think Rich is going to alter the main plot points of his story because of things people say on an internet message board.

If Roy dies here, it will be because Rich set up the story that way months ago with Belkar's prophecy. If Roy lives here because of Celia, it will be because Rich set up the story that way months ago with the Booty Talisman. Either way, or if he goes some third route, it will be because he intended to tell that story all along. He's not going to kill or not kill his main character because of what we write here! He's just NOT. This is obviously the turning point of the entire war sequence, one way or the other, and I don't think he entered into it not knowing exactly how it would turn out.

I swear, the most annoying thing about posting in this forum is hearing that once someone says something, Rich is going to make sure that never happens. It's obviously not true! People predict stuff every day that happens, it's just that there are so many predictions, they can't ALL come true. Although maybe that's even worse, because then everyone says, "Oh, what we predicted specifically didn't happen! Rich read the forums and changed it!" when there's no evidence that he even was aware of what was said.

Not that there's any point in saying this. If Monday comes and Celia doesn't fly to the rescue, everyone will take that as proof that Rich changed the plot. If Celia does come to the rescue, everyone will say it was predictable and lame. Rich really can't win anymore, I don't think.

Zakama
2007-04-20, 11:33 PM
I'm sure this has been said, but...

OK, we know Roy is somewhere close to V. :vaarsuvius: has feather fall, Roy has the talisman. thats 2 ways out for Roy. Also, about the Celia being Roys lover, yes she is cursed. if she comes to the battle, she will get captured, that runs in well with about every story ever.

Fawkes
2007-04-20, 11:36 PM
Also, about the Celia being Roys lover, yes she is cursed. if she comes to the battle, she will get captured, that runs in well with about every story ever.

Ah, but this not every story.

Demented
2007-04-20, 11:41 PM
True.

In this story, we've got a now-irritated Lich who isn't much interested in capture.

Porthos
2007-04-21, 12:16 AM
I'm always amazed by people who think Rich is going to alter the main plot points of his story because of things people say on an internet message board.

If Roy dies here, it will be because Rich set up the story that way months ago with Belkar's prophecy. If Roy lives here because of Celia, it will be because Rich set up the story that way months ago with the Booty Talisman. Either way, or if he goes some third route, it will be because he intended to tell that story all along. He's not going to kill or not kill his main character because of what we write here! He's just NOT. This is obviously the turning point of the entire war sequence, one way or the other, and I don't think he entered into it not knowing exactly how it would turn out.

I swear, the most annoying thing about posting in this forum is hearing that once someone says something, Rich is going to make sure that never happens.

Quoted for <bleeping> truth. :smallcool:

95% of the board predicted, loudly, that Miko would Fall when she bisected Lord Shojo. So that meant that Rich had to change the Uber-Plot.... Oh wait, that's right: He didn't. So there's an example right there. And there have been other examples where people have stated very loudly that something was going to happen (Haley breaks the cipher-curse because of her feelings for Elan) and it actually did happen.

Now Rich has surprised us time and time again. That's the sign of a great storyteller. But he has also employed the technique of foreshadowing. And if he foreshadows enough then some people are going to figure it out ahead of time. :smallsmile:

What we can't figure out (usually) are the little twists and turns that might radically shape the outcome of the foreshadowing. After all, Roy might drop the talisman as he attempts to use it.
We just have to wait and see. But I really don't think that posters have so much power over Rich that they can alter the very outcome of the series by posting something on this forum. :smalltongue:

Moral Wiz
2007-04-21, 01:13 AM
@Tmabbbb, It's not as unlikly as you'd think. Many of them would have some idea about roy, and think "if they can beat him, who can stop them?"

Just out of interest, the Booty talisman is activated when it brakes. So, if roy has it in an inside pocket, and falls on it, or drops it when too close to the ground, Celia will still be summoned. That is another old scene the giant can twist, weeping at the lover's body.

Edit: @Zakama, V still has all those Hobs to deal with. That might be a bit of a distraction.