PDA

View Full Version : Where will ROy land?

jindra34
2007-04-20, 01:31 PM
I'm justing thinking about the location/place where Roy will land/touch down after falling from the dragon.
If cecila saves him this would be where she would set him down.
If he lands on a flump this would be where the flump is.

Assassinfox
2007-04-20, 01:38 PM
On Celia. :smalltongue:

jindra34
2007-04-20, 01:39 PM
On Celia. :smalltongue:

I'm asking when he finally hits something/ touches down not how he gets saved... and i'm looking at location not people...

Dragor
Belkar's pile of bodies would be the most funny event- although it would be interesting if he landed in Miko's cell.

*PLOT!* Cue three strips of negotation.... bound to be packed with funnies :smallbiggrin:. That would be cool.

silvadel
He wont -- celia will pop in and fly him to safety...

For ignoring an amazingly diplomatic Xykon, fighting first and not listening -- he deserves a break....

Lets see -- a leg, another leg, some ribs... that would work.

Vargtass
2007-04-20, 01:40 PM
Indeed, the most probable outcomes are not listed: what AssassainFox said, or on a Flumph!

Assassinfox
2007-04-20, 01:41 PM
I'm asking when he finally hits something/ touches down not how he gets saved... and i'm looking at location not people...

Then you should specifically say that in the original post. You're making it sound like he's just going to hit something and go *SPLAT*.

jindra34
2007-04-20, 01:42 PM
Then you should specifically say that in the original post. You're making it sound like he's just going to hit something and go *SPLAT*.

Happy fox?

One Skunk Todd
2007-04-20, 01:42 PM
Judging by the arrows in the first panel it looks like they're a fair ways outside the walls.

jindra34
2007-04-20, 01:44 PM
Judging by the arrows in the first panel it looks like they're a fair ways outside the walls.

Yes but then there is Cecila, the flight path, wind currents, or what not...

Assassinfox
2007-04-20, 01:44 PM
Happy fox?

The poll gods are appeased.... for now. :smallwink:

Grod_The_Giant
2007-04-20, 01:59 PM
pile of bodies. Because it will be the funniest and most survivable option.

Probably while Belkar is fighting one of the immitation-Xykons, right after he says "Damn it, it's raining PCs out here!"

Ruduen
2007-04-20, 02:05 PM
As far as I can figure out, there's only one solution I can think of that doesn't involve unlikely landing events.

Time for the talisman he got from Celia.

Of course, if he uses that, then it brings up the question on what he's going to do from there, having gained some type of flight-based movement.

Of course, that's just my thoughts on the matter. Plenty of other unexpected events could occur.

Earendill
2007-04-20, 02:16 PM
On the Huecuva (right when that one is about to cast a final spell on Durkon)

Sean92k
2007-04-20, 02:19 PM
How 'bout this for a wacky idea?
What if roy fell on belkar as he was holding up a dagger. Belkar stabs roy, roy crushes belkar and kills him (Im sure the damage count for a falling roy is quite a bit and belkar must have taken some damage from the hobs he killed) However that isn't as much a serious suggestion as it is a "what if the giant went crazy?" sorta thing

Demented
2007-04-20, 02:22 PM
Ye already posted thart in tha other thread.

Assassinfox
2007-04-20, 02:24 PM
Ye already posted thart in tha other thread.

Because we've got two threads about exactly the same thing. :smallannoyed:

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-20, 02:26 PM
On a super flumph, which breaks his fall and restores all his health <_< >_>.

slayerx
2007-04-20, 02:36 PM
Roy will land in the arms of Celia... aww

Sean92k
2007-04-20, 02:41 PM
Hey what are those white squids called? The ones (well it was just one really) that kept on getting hit earlier on in the strips. Funny if he landed on it as it was saying it had gotten over it all/ forgotten about it.
(Ps are they called flumphs?)

Demented
2007-04-20, 02:59 PM
Because we've got two threads about exactly the same thing. :smallannoyed:

Hardly.
One is about where Roy will land, one is about whether Roy will survive.
There's just a slight overlap.

jindra34
2007-04-20, 03:01 PM
Hardly.
One is about where Roy will land, one is about whether Roy will survive.
There's just a slight overlap.

You are right i care not for whether roy lives or dies... just where he lands... i'm a cold mind objectivist but hey...

Demented
2007-04-20, 03:04 PM
Anyway, I voted Miko's cell. It's the closest thing there to thog. =P

the_tick_rules
i like the belkar's body pile, good thinking.

jindra34
Anyway, I voted Miko's cell. It's the closest thing there to thog. =P

I tried to get other prison cell but it was to long...

MightyMuenster
2007-04-20, 03:07 PM
What about Julio Scoundrel (you can add your own emphasis)? He's got an airship, after all.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-04-20, 03:07 PM
0_o I want meteor swarm now. I'm so goddam impressionable.

Kilbia
2007-04-20, 03:10 PM
If he breaks the Booty Talisman, do you really think Celia will set him down anywhere BESIDES right next to Durkon? Where's the "atop the walls" option?!

jindra34
2007-04-20, 03:11 PM
If he breaks the Booty Talisman, do you really think Celia will set him down anywhere BESIDES right next to Durkon? Where's the "atop the walls" option?!

atop the walls i would call courtyard... anywhere safe and unsaid is "courtyard"... anywhere dangerous and unsaid is "outside the walls"...

V Junior
2007-04-21, 02:31 AM
V Feather Falls Roy. But Roy's ABOVE Belkar. Belkar sees him, and, grinning, throws a dagger upwards. It goes straight through Roy, and as Roy joins the massive pile of bodies, he says the command word for the MoJ, which wopuld take out TWO PCs with one stone.

Roy might not set of the MoJ, though, if only for the city (Belkar IS a sexy shoeless god of war).

Dib
2007-04-21, 03:33 AM
Belkar's pile of bodies does seem the most likely, considering that Roy is likely unconcious (so no booty talisman) and he is almost definately outside the walls... though personally I'd like to think he'd land near one of the fake Xykon's... specifically the one at the back with redcloak and MitD

Gez
2007-04-21, 04:38 AM
He's going to land on the pile of corpses, more specifically on Belkar's dagger when our favorite CE psychotic bloodthirsty halfling is raising it in triumph.

It'll kill Roy, and wound Belkar. The falling pieces of zombie dragon will then pummel Belkar down and smother him, making him die.

And we'll get rid of a good chunk of the Oracle's predictions.

Dectilon
2007-04-21, 09:47 AM
Unless the oracle is just a stinking lier kobold ^^

The corpse pile is my guess too, because it's tragically ironic. Roy saved by Belkars unfathomable bloodlust? Even if he lives, how will he live with that?

I'd wager that if he crashed into Miko's cell he wouldn't live long enough for any philosophical spoersmal. And not because his head is hitting rock...

Hinton
2007-04-21, 12:22 PM
Hey what are those white squids called? The ones (well it was just one really) that kept on getting hit earlier on in the strips. Funny if he landed on it as it was saying it had gotten over it all/ forgotten about it.
(Ps are they called flumphs?)

Yes, they're called flumphs.

mikeejimbo
2007-04-21, 06:00 PM
On top of a flumph that's sitting on top of Belkar's pile of hobgoblin corpses.

Assassinfox
2007-04-21, 06:03 PM
... on top of a flumph impaled on top of Belkar's dagger in Belkar's hand on top of the pile of hobgoblin corpses right before the Eye of Fear and Flame shows up and burns them all to a crisp.