PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Woooot get to make a Mystic in my campaign

Adalid
2015-05-17, 06:59 PM
So my wizard recently died (RIP akiliona) and my DM said he was gonna give mystic a quick read but other than it should be okay. I plan to use the gunsmoke archtype because his campaign setting is somewhat futuristic apocalypse. We've witnessed futuristic weaponry and such so I figure ill go guns this time around. My character hit the lv 10 "checkpoint" before he died.
I've never made a ranged character before so basically im asking if I'm doing it right or if anyone has tips. All 3.5 and pathfinder material is allowed except for psionics. So far what I have is

Mystic 1 - Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot
Mystic 2 -
Mystic 3 - Imp Intiative (this is somewhat filler if I find something better then ofc ill put it in but I figured me going first to get control out of the start would work well)
Mystic 4 -
Mystic 5 - Discipline Focus - Elemental Flux (pre req for elements as one but still not too sure if changing elements at will is worth two feats)
Mystic 6 -
Mystic 7 - Elements as one
Mystic 8 -
Mystic 9 - Zen Archery (with the tempest gale stance that gives wisdom to damage I figure it's worth)
Mystic 10

So what do you think? Could also do like a twf pistol route but without full BaB I wasnt too sure how often I'd be hitting.

Psyren
2015-05-17, 08:55 PM
Which Mystic do you mean? The class from Dragonlance or a different one?

Gün
2015-05-17, 09:02 PM
Path of War one probably.

Milo v3
2015-05-17, 10:49 PM
Definitely PoW, since he mentions the Gunsmoke archetype.

Adalid
2015-05-18, 11:05 AM
Yea the PoW one sorry I should have been clear.

PsyBomb
2015-05-18, 01:20 PM
Major standouts you are missing are Deadly Aim and Precise Shot. The former stands on its own with the kind of accuracy you have, the latter goes into improved Precise Shot once you get BAB 11 and cuts out a large amount of your enemy defenses (plus not having to take the -4 when there are friendlies in melee is very nice).

If you are able to, look into the Phoenix Champion PrC. It's really good for Gunsmokes.

stack
2015-05-18, 02:43 PM
If you plan on using more than a handful of elemental flux maneuvers, I reccomend elements as one. Being able to select the right debuff at will while mixing your strike and stances bonuses if great. Discipline focus is a good feat on its own for any discipline you are using heavily.

Do gunsmokes make firearms discipline weapons for flux? If not maybe it should be suggested to the devs. Could just take weapon group adaptation, but ranged builds are feat heavy as it is.