PDA

View Full Version : Improved Graphics?

Jarelk
2007-04-20, 02:37 PM
I don't know about you guys... But I thought that comic 442 had amazing new graphics! For example, the Meteor Swarm: Normally, we see fire in three different colors or such (Fireball), and in large sharp edges. Meteor Swarm was very detailed! Nice work, Rich:smallsmile:!

Sean92k
2007-04-20, 02:42 PM
Maybe he works better when he is sick? Quick someone get the anthrax ... im joking

the_tick_rules
2007-04-20, 03:09 PM
maybe rich is mastering that microsoft paint he's using lol.

Demented
2007-04-20, 04:06 PM
Actually, if you look it's the same cartoony kind of fire as V's usual fireball.

Tobz
2007-04-20, 08:29 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0020.html

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0442.html

Seems like an improvement in the graphics department to me.

I've already noticed that the comics are seemingly improving in the way they look, though it is rarely easy to put a finger on what those changes really are.

We'll just have to wait untill V's casting a fireball again. Something we haven't seen him do for a while now.

Rai Thunder
2007-04-20, 08:35 PM
I have to admit, that meteor swarm was pretty impressive. One of the most detailed things I can recall seeing in the strip.

Hmm...people do tend to act differently when sick. For example, I got a perfect score on the Percussion Master arcade game when I had a horrible cold and headache once. Note - I'm not suggesting that the Giant remains sick. I wish him a speedy and healthy recovery!

Demented
2007-04-20, 09:26 PM
Seems like an improvement in the graphics department to me.

Har.
Actually...
There was an art update at around #198. V's fireballs since then still have a black outline, but they're translucent (Leeky's firestorm was the same, in fact, so it's apparently standard). However, natural fires (including the alchemist's fire from Julio Scoundr'el's attack) don't have that black outline.

Recently there's only been the Death Knight and Xykon casting fire spells... both without black outlines. Otherwise it's the same as before. Maybe it's something that will continue, or it's just an aspect of bad*** skull-faced spellcasters.