PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder VMC: Alignment.

Xuldarinar
2015-05-17, 07:52 PM
To those familiar, or even unfamiliar, with the variant multiclassing described in unchained, I have a simple question that doesn't seem addressed.

Suppose you wanted to pick paladin (or antipaladin theoretically), druid, monk, any class for that matter that has alignment restrictions as your secondary class. Do you, at all, need to abide by its alignment requirements? If I missed something and it is addressed, ok. If I didn't then what would you rule?

Psyren
2015-05-17, 08:06 PM
Paladin yes, and VMC clerics/inquisitors have to abide by the one-step rule. Otherwise no, so you can have chaotic VMC monks (albeit without lawful ki strike) or lawful VMC barbarians.

Ninjaxenomorph
2015-05-17, 08:16 PM
You can actually have a paladin with the VMC Barbarian.

Psyren
2015-05-17, 08:30 PM
You can actually have a paladin with the VMC Barbarian.

Correct, that's what I said :smalltongue:

It's all addressed pretty clearly.

Xuldarinar
2015-05-17, 08:41 PM
Looking back over things, it actually is very clear. Oh well, just means there are a few less combinations one could have.

Ninjaxenomorph
2015-05-17, 08:42 PM
Yeah, but I was pointing out that specific combination. Couldn't do it the other way around, though. Though I'm not sure; I've looked over it, and it says the code... but not the specific alignment.

Psyren
2015-05-17, 08:53 PM
Yeah, but I was pointing out that specific combination. Couldn't do it the other way around, though. Though I'm not sure; I've looked over it, and it says the code... but [I]not[I] the specific alignment.

The alignment is part of the code. (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2s81a?Unchained-Variant-Multiclassing#48)

Correct, you cannot do it the other way around.