PDA

View Full Version : Path of Exiles - Pyromancer Build for Reveiw

Jane_Smith
2015-05-18, 01:12 AM
Howdy. I am planning to remake a character on path of exiles as a Pyromancer Scion and would like some other peoples opinions on the build i am planning. This build is primarily for soloing - but due to auras/curses, can fit well in a party as artillery/debuff support.

Goals: Focus on Aoe Abilities, Fire Damage, Defenses, Debuffs.

Skill Tree;

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABAcGDgn2DH0NzRBYEH8RDxJpFLAVUBZvFxwXLxhlGG oZLho4Gmwczh8CH8chsCSLJKonLyftKPoqjStQK3gsnC2LLpQy NDT3NsU22DbpOtg9D0GHRKtFnUbXSRtKLkwtU1JVrlXWWAdZ81 7AY_1k52aeaHRo8nF5cYV4L3rmfEt8u3zlffWApIIQgh6Cm4LH h2WIWo9Gj6aQVZSglnSXhZrgm6GdrqBCogCnCKelrJitja-3tz64k8AaxPbGns9-1HzVi9gk2E3Yvdlh2mLa3dsL37Dhc-Nq6-7sOOxV7SDtRPAf8Wz31_no-tL-Cv5U

Reveiw: Perks for 20% block chance total with a staff, 55% chance to ignore interrupts to spellcasting, 100% ignite chance if things go as planned and lots of +burn damage, lots of fire-resist reduction/ignore, lots of hp/mana/armor/resists/regenerations to survive and spam. I plan to use purity of fire for the +5% max fire resist, +1% from barbariasm, +10% from ruby flask for 91% max fire resistance total on demand, allowing my hp regeneration to out-heal my righteous fire damage while its active, giving me a +40-50% or higher spell damage buff and a powerful area of effect without worry of instantly melting from it. The high fire resistance also helps me from dying from reflected fire damage of my skills (one reason I don't go crit-builds anymore x.x).

The -reserve cost, +buff effects, +aura effects, will boost clarity/vitality/purity of fire quite well. And I believe the +21% buff effects on myself perks also boosts the protection of molten shell, the bonus spell damage of righteous fire, and the endurance charges (And rare power charges from staff blocks), as well as the aura-effects I gain from other occassional party members and the bonuses from flasks I think. I felt it was a must.

Gear & Gems;

Weapon;
6-Linked (3 Blue, 2 Green, 1 Red)

Prefered: Searing Touch Long staff

Gems;

Fireball (Blue)
Iron Will (Red)
Chance to Ignite (Blue)
Greater Multiple Projectiles (Green)
Fire Penetration (Blue)
Fork (Green)

Reasoning: Primary attack - wide area of effect, overlapping areas of effect at close range/small areas/tight groups, extremely high ignite chance, fire penetration and average damage make this a solid map-clearing combo. The staff is obvious - what pyromancer worth their coal doesn't have a searing touch staff?

Armor;
6-Linked (6 Blue)

Prefered: Cloak of Flame Scholar's Robe or Robe of Defiance

Gems;

Firestorm (Blue)
Curse On Hit (Blue)
Faster Casting (Blue)
Increased Duration (Blue)
Flammability (Blue)
Enfeeble (Blue)

Reasoning: Support attack - faster casting to get it out faster and into spamming fireballs again sooner, increased duration to make the firestorm last over 2+ seconds to continue applying Flammability and Enfeeable in the area selected (And making the curses last longer), keeping me alive longer and making enemies more vulnerable to my fireball bombardment. The Cloak of Flame is extremely useful in this build as I will be taking Righteous Fire and the 50% fire resistance is wonderful to keep from dying anytime soon from it and converting physical damage to fire to resist heavily, but late-game Robe of Defiance's Mind Over Matter (30% of damage taken to mana) seems to wonderful to pass down, especially with such high mana regeneration.

Boots;
4-Linked (3 Red, 1 Blue)

Prefered: Rainbowstride Conjurer Boots

Gems;

Reduced Mana Cost (Red)
Clarity (Blue)
Purity of Fire (Red) (Purity of Lightning / Purity of Frost / Determination)
Vitality (Red)

Reasoning: Buffs - more mana for more spam, hp regeneration for sustain and purity of fire to help survive Righteous Fire (See below) and to help survive fire damage reflect. Lightning, Frost, and Determination kept on the side for specific boss fights/maps. The boots are listed purely due to the amazing set of resistances they pack.

Gloves;
4-Linked (2 Red, 2 Blue)

Prefered: Asenath's Gentle Touch

Gems;

Cast When Damage Taken (Level 6) (Red)
Molten Shell (Level 20) (Red)
Righteous Fire (Level 20) (Blue)
Increased Area Of Effect (Blue)

Reasoning: Anti-Melee - Every 800ish damage I take gives me bonus armor from molten shell and sets off righteous fire for heavy area of effect damage and a significant boost in spell damage. If I continue taking physical damage, molten shell will detonate (with the added spell damage from righteous fire), doing even more area of effect burst damage. Increased area of effect is to make them have more bang distance for my buck against close enemies. These gloves will be highely sought after late-game combined with Doedre's Damning Ring, allowing a 3rd curse to be applied to enemies hit by firestorm or fireball, ethereal chains + enfeeble + flamability being the final result, boosting my surviability significantly as enemies move, attack, cast slower, and hit less often for less damage.

Helm;
4-Linked (3 Red, 1 Blue)

Prefered: Geofri's Crest

Gems;

Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1) (Red)
Enduring Cry (Level 11) (Red)
Immortal Call (Level 20) (Red)
Increased Duration (Blue)

Reasoning: Toughness - Every 450ish damage I take gives me 1-3+ endurance charges in which I immediately consume to become immortal for a brief period of time. More enemies, more duration, I believe around 1.45 per charge? So about 1-4 seconds. I need 12+ enemies in range to get 3 charges, which isn't THAT difficult. Considering the rate in which this combo procs, I will have frequent periods of 'just not giving a damn' windows. The increased duration is obvious. This sexy hat also has an incredible set of resistances to further aid my survivability!

Amulet;

Prefered: Astramentis, Atziri's Foible

Reasoning: Stat Requirements / Utility - I would prefer not to go to deeply into agility perks, thus both of these give me a significant boost - the 100+ Strength/Intelligence/Agility from Astramentis gives me all the requirements met forever, bonus fireball damage from iron will and hp, bonus mana from intelligence, a little evasion from agility. Atziri's Foiable gives me a ton of sustain for constant spam. Regardless, both let me use Greater Multiple Projectiles without wasting perks as much.

Belt;

Prefered: Perandus Blazon

Reasoning: Stat Requirements / Utility - Same reasoning as above, this item allows me to meet agility prerequisites without worry of wasting a single perk on +agility crap. In addition to bonus strength to iron will fireballs, intelligence for more mana, some evasion, and bonus flask durations for more health/etc and bonus items? Yus plz. However, if the amulets are more then enough for Greater Multiple Projectiles - I would prefer a belt with Chaos Resistance, All Resistances, and/or a lot of +Max Life/Regen.

Rings;

Doedre's Damning (Required with Perk for 3x Curses)

Reasonng: Toughness / Set Combo - Required if I ever want to use Asenath's Gentle Touch. A 3rd curse slot will allow me to combo Enfeeble, Flamability AND Ethereal Chains, significantly wrecking my enemies offensive and defensive stats. This ring is useful anyway despite the gloves, as I can just cast Ethereal Chains or Elemental Vulnerability until I get the gloves with a few alterations.

Other Rings;

Lori's Lantern - Toughness
Mokou's Embrace - Damage
Ngamahu's Sign - Damage

Side-Gems;

Curse On Death + Portal - Utility/Farming

The Plan; Cast Firestorm to bestow 3 curses on all the enemies in a hallway/around me/in a room, spam fireball bombardment, ignite everything, and as they close in around me (and made a lot less threatening from enfeeble/chains), molten shell/righteous fire/enduring cry/immortal call repeatedly proc and I melt everything forever.

Seem legit?

Corlindale
2015-05-18, 05:36 AM
It looks very potent, though I'm not the most experienced player. I can certainly testify to the efficiency of applying Temporal Chains and Enfeeble at the same time - my Arc build uses triple curse-on-hit to compensate for the lack of any real defenses and it usually works out ok. Curse immune mobs can be annoying, though, but they don't seem to be that common in maps so far.

I've never played with Righteous Fire, but it sounds a bit dangerous to have it set to automatically apply itself. But maybe Immortal Call will compensate for that in practice. Scratch that, I missed the part about your hp regeneraton outhealing the damage.

Lastly, the upcoming expansion will make a a lot of changes to many things, so some of this stuff might not remain viable. Specifically it seems like it might become harder to run multiple auras, as they are thinking of nerfing Reduced Mana hard. Nothing is set in stone, though (the beta testers are certainly very vocal about their attitude to the current nerf!). But this could be worth keeping in mind before you spend a lot of currency to make this seemingly rather expensive build.

You could try asking on the official PoE forums to get more advice, it's full of people who have really analyzed the systems in-depth and there's a dedicated place for Scion builds. I'm mostly a casual player, and PoE doesn't seem to be that popular on this particular forum.