PDA

View Full Version : Dragonball Z RPG [Hybrid System]

LittleBlueBoxes
2015-05-18, 08:34 AM
Will likely be making a dedicated thread for this once the last Alpha run finished in 2 weeks.

http://i.imgur.com/PW0npfP.png

For the past month me and a couple of friends have been putting together a homebrew system for Dragon Ball Z. It mostly consists of a mashup between D&D 3.5, Mutants and Masterminds, Warhammer Deathwatch and some KOTOR.

Everything else has been made up on the spot and its unique elements look promising.

Question 1 ; Does anyone have any recommended system (or elements of systems) that could contribute something fitting to the Dragon Ball Z universe?
Happy as we are so far I'm a perfectionist and I want to make sure I've given every possibility a look.

Special features completed thus far;
- Ability clash mechanics
- Completely customizable power invention system
- 6 fully implamented races (Saiyan, Human, Namekian, Changling, Majin, Android)
- Health and damage condition system
- Environment and Planet destruction mechanics
- Personalised martial style tree
- Countering mechanics in melee and ranged combat
- Race based and General feats trees
- Custom Race development templates and trees
- Threat Meter to show rising tensions of battle leading to...
- 'Burst Limit' abilities (essentially Super Attacks)
- Dual Melee and Ranged Defence system

Question 2; If anyone has recommendations for tweaks or solutions to the problems below please feel free to either post or message me directly, any outside opinions are appreciated.

Current issues I'm looking to fix/refine;
- Combat doesn't feel 'fluid' enough. I'd like to have more involvement in other players (or enemies) turns with counters and reactions, but without bogging the speed down.
- Character creation is taking longer than I'd like.
- Need a 'cooldown' mechanic for abilities to stop spamming but having trouble implementing this.
- System is becoming a little too mathsy.
- Certain races are, naturally, better than others.

Thanks for taking a look at this thread guys.
This game is still Alpha but we've run 5 games so far with a growing group and things are looking good. If you have questions or would like to recommend anything we'd love to hear it.

:smallsmile: