PDA

View Full Version : Is this the end of OotS?

Grogah
2007-04-20, 06:47 PM
Just had a scary thought.

Roy facing Zykon in an epic battle.

Elen and Hailey together at last.

Is this the planned end to OotS which Rich has referred to in the past?

Say it aint so!

jindra34
2007-04-20, 06:49 PM

Say it aint so!

He said he had 5 years of stuff planned and its not five years yet... so... no... it aint so...

DrowWolfrider
2007-04-20, 06:52 PM
No, they have not gotton to Belkar's death, which I do not really belive in because the oracle may be messing with them, and I dont think Rich is going to be that harsh on the characters, besides, Belkar has a 10 foot mountain of hobgoblin corpses to catch him on, or there is V with the feather fall rescue in repayment for saving his life.

Oxymoron
2007-04-20, 06:59 PM
There are 2 more gates and we haven`t seen half of the story yet. And we have at least a third origin book coming up about the Linear guild (or I will cry).

dragoncmd
2007-04-20, 07:01 PM
In one word, no.

Assassinfox
2007-04-20, 07:10 PM
Dunno who this Zykon fellow is, but the story's not even close to over. Roy still has to destroy Xykon, Belkar still has to kill Roy, Miko, V, the Oracle, or Miko's stupid horse, V still has to say the four words, and Durkon still has to go home.

Gaelbert
2007-04-20, 07:18 PM
Nope, not going to happen just yet. We still have a while more.

Kai Maera
2007-04-20, 07:30 PM
I honestly don't know if this has been suggested, but (agreeing that it is indirectly Belkar's fault that Roy is falling from the sky) is it possible that Roy would be spared by the Mark of Justice? If indirect killings weren't prevented by the MoJ, it would be rather easy for someone like Belkar to, say, commit genocide (such as "I tossed up the knife, but it fell into the innocent's flesh on its own").

jindra34
2007-04-20, 07:32 PM
I honestly don't know if this has been suggested, but (agreeing that it is indirectly Belkar's fault that Roy is falling from the sky) is it possible that Roy would be spared by the Mark of Justice? If indirect killings weren't prevented by the MoJ, it would be rather easy for someone like Belkar to, say, commit genocide (such as "I tossed up the knife, but it fell into the innocent's flesh on its own").

umm... thats not how the MOJ works...

Assassinfox
2007-04-20, 07:34 PM

The Mark of Justice is a curse on Belkar that punishes him for attacking people within city limits or running away from Roy. What in blazes does that have to do with saving Roy from plummeting to his death?

jindra34
2007-04-20, 07:38 PM
The Mark of Justice is a curse on Belkar that punishes him for attacking people within city limits or running away from Roy. What in blazes does that have to do with saving Roy from plummeting to his death?

He thought it would stop Belkar from harming or causing harm to anything... thus it would somehow magically stop ROy from taking damage from the fall which Belkar is responsible for...

Assassinfox
2007-04-20, 07:40 PM
He thought it would stop Belkar from harming or causing harm to anything... thus it would somehow magically stop ROy from taking damage from the fall which Belkar is responsible for...

Indirectly responsible for. Under that logic, you could slap the MoJ on Miko and the entire OotS would become magically immune to harm.

jindra34
2007-04-20, 07:41 PM
Indirectly responsible for. Under that logic, you could slap the MoJ on Miko and the entire OotS would become magically immune to harm.

Never said it was a sound theory or based on sound logic just pointing out apparent thought...

Innis Cabal
2007-04-20, 07:52 PM
people have stopped surprising me...and thats a shame. As soon as i saw him fall the only thing i could think was "well there are going to be one million and a half threads about "THE END!" and "IS ROY GOING TO DIE".....well its not at 1 million and a half yet but im sure it will get there

Axl_Rose
2007-04-20, 07:56 PM
I'm certain the Oots will pull through or at least survive the siege. Oots probably has a few hundred more strips ahead of itself.

I know I'm cheering for team Xykon!

Fawkes
2007-04-20, 11:16 PM

You make me sad.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-20, 11:18 PM
becuase he is not rooting for the same people as you? You make me sadder

Assassinfox
2007-04-20, 11:18 PM
I'm certain the Oots will pull through or at least survive the siege. Oots probably has a few hundred more strips ahead of itself.

Go Team Xykon! Crush those stuckup paladins!

SteveMB
2007-04-21, 12:41 AM

Say it aint so!

OK, it ain't so. :smallsmile:

Seriously, the Giant's author's notes in No Cure For The Paladin Blues mention that there's several more volumes worth of story to come.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-04-21, 12:48 AM
No! You're lying! That's impossible![/lukevoice]

Seriously though. Oots will not be ending. Ever. [/denial]

Ok, yes it will end, but not for years, at least. There are at least two more books (for the other two gates which have not been uncovered yet, three if you count Lirians or whatever her name is) and let's not forget all the "tie-in" books like On the Origin of Pcs and Start of Darkness.

Lord Magtok
2007-04-21, 12:59 AM
Even if Xykon were to win here, there are still other people in the world who'd be left to try to stop Xykon.

holywhippet
2007-04-21, 01:19 AM
I'm still doubting whether Belkar will actually die. The Oracle was somewhat elusive about the subject so there could be a different meaning behind his comments.

Kreistor
2007-04-21, 01:21 AM
I'm still doubting whether Belkar will actually die. The Oracle was somewhat elusive about the subject so there could be a different meaning behind his comments.

Oh, certainly. The Oracle may have just been wanting to annoy them, and a little fear of imminent death will cause a healthy paranoia in most... but not Belkar.

Cade Shadow
2007-04-21, 04:05 PM
In one word, no.

you mean four words. Don't worry the counting thing confuses me too.

Otherwise, i agree in eighteen words.