PDA

View Full Version : Durkon's return

Laesin
2007-04-20, 07:40 PM
Technically posthumous means after death. In a world with resurrection magic Durkon could die, be ressed and return to the dwarven lands, still fulfilling the prophecy. Does anyone think this is a real possibility?

Oxymoron
2007-04-20, 08:27 PM
Possibly. If I`m not mistaken Kraagors gate would be near the dwarven lands. I wonder if somehow Durkons return will bring Xykon to wreak havoc on his homeland.

Scatman
2007-04-20, 08:34 PM
Im pretty sure that means that Durkon will decide to COMPLETELY destroy Xykon from existance.Oh yeah and, maybe....Or he can be ressurected as a ZOMBIE!By xykon too.

Kreistor
2007-04-20, 10:29 PM
Posthumously just means Durkon will be returned when he dies for burial.

Durkon will not violate his exile, so he just won't take part in the struggle for the Gate in his homeland.

Hazkali
2007-04-21, 04:53 AM
I think this is a real possibility. It might be that he must return to his homeland before he can be ressurected. It would be cool for the party to lose a member for a story arc, but I think any main character dying would need to be ressurected.

the_tick_rules
2007-04-21, 11:42 AM
hmm, why not? might be hard getting belkar to pitch in his share of the cost of the spell though.

Craptactular
2007-04-21, 12:54 PM
Well, thing is, Durkon returns dead, then his surviving relatives go "Why did [insert relation] Durkon die??" which'll bring up how dodge the previous head priest of Thor is, and that'll be the disaster that was predicted if Durkon ever returned home.
Irrelevant and probably wrong/brought up on other thread, but hey, im bored.
You'll have to read "On the origin of PC's" to fully get this post. Go buy it. No, seriously, buy it.

factotum
2007-04-21, 04:41 PM
Assuming Durkon *has* any surviving relatives. Anyway, I think that in a world where resurrection is an option, "posthumously" would mean "while dead", not "after you die".

PlasticSoldier
2007-04-21, 05:03 PM
Assuming Durkon *has* any surviving relatives. Anyway, I think that in a world where resurrection is an option, "posthumously" would mean "while dead", not "after you die".

Technically its Taking place afterone's death someone doesn't need to be dead they just need to have died. But I would hate if they used such a bad loophole.
Edit: the definition is from wiktionary.

jindra34
2007-04-21, 05:04 PM
Technically its Taking place afterone's death someone doesn't need to be dead they just need to have died. But I would hate if they used such a bad loophole.

Dramaticist... i for one would love it...

factotum
2007-04-22, 02:17 AM
Edit: the definition is from wiktionary.

You're using the Earthly definition of the word, and we don't have resurrection and raise dead spells. Like I said, in a world where those things exist, I would expect the meaning of the word to be slightly different.

Hiruma
2007-04-22, 02:54 AM
Only Roy mentioned otherwise already.