PDA

View Full Version : How do you all think Grodd(D.C.) should be made?

CyberThread
2015-05-18, 08:18 PM
Grodd is a psychic gorilla from D.C. mostly the flash/superman storylines. I am having a feeling of totemist + psychic warrior fits this sort of charcter best. What do you folks think?

TheIronGolem
2015-05-18, 08:37 PM
I'm not an expert on the character (DC has like five villains whose whole shtick is "I'm a really smart gorilla!" and I get them confused easily), but aren't Grodd's psychic abilities a bit limited in scope? He's "just" telepathic, right?

I'd say grab the base gorilla out of the Monster Manual, give him the Awakened template, toss in read thoughts as an at-will psi-like ability, and then add Artificer* levels to taste.

*He does have the mad-science-inventions thing as well, yes? Unless I'm thinking of another Really Smart Gorilla.

CyberThread
2015-05-18, 08:45 PM
Powers
Psionics: Being a member of the gorilla super-race living within Gorilla City, Grodd has an exceptional mind. Through sheer force of will Grodd has adapted limited psionic powers which, like a muscle, grow every day. [2]

Telepathy: One of the primary abilities Grodd has learned to use over the years is his telepathy. Through his telepathy he has learned secrets to his mental abilities that he would not have known otherwise. His telepathic abilities rival that of the Martian Manhunter.
[3]

Telekinesis: One of the secondary abilities Grodd uses only rarely, his Telekinetic ability allow him to hover and lift enormously heavy objects.

[4]
Mind Control: Although not as forceful as his telepathic abilities, his ability to control another sentient mind is a dangerous one. He was able to control the likes of Captain Cold without ever being to noticed by the JLA or Cold himself. [5]

Consciousness Transference: Granted the time, Grodd can transfer his mind into another body for a limited amount of time. He's done so to robots to attack others as well as other heroes to turn them on their friends. [6]

Gorilla Physiology
Superhuman Strength: Being a Gorilla, Grodd has strength many times stronger than a human. [7]

Superhuman Agility: Being a Gorilla, Grodd has agility many times faster than a human. [8]

Enhanced Senses: Being a Gorilla, Grodd has senses much stronger than a human's. [9]

Abilities
Genius Level Intellect: Being a member of the gorilla super-race living within Gorilla City, Grodd has an exceptional mind. He is a learned gorilla who uses his incredible mind to push the limits of gorilla and human capabilities. [10]

dysprosium
2015-05-20, 09:16 AM
Consider adding the phrenic template to the awakened gorilla. With that template he would gain powers according to his Hit Dice. The list of powers gained from the phrenic template seem to coincide with what you listed. For powers not listed consider the Expanded Knowledge feat.

I like the idea of Artificer levels as well.