PDA

View Full Version : Ways to negate Total Concealment?

Story
2015-05-18, 10:08 PM
Is there a list of ways to negate total concealment anywhere? I'm sure there are some out there but I don't know if anyone's compiled them.

Saintheart
2015-05-18, 10:14 PM
True Strike.

JDL
2015-05-18, 10:51 PM
It will very much depend on the source of the total concealment as to which method is best to bypass it. Is the target in total darkness? Darkvision would negate it. Is the target Invisible? See Invisibility would work. There are also innate special abilities that will bypass total concealment such as Blindsight. As far as a comprehensive list breaking down sources into such things as races, classes, feats, spells and items, I'm not aware of anything dealing with this topic. I'd probably check for any guides that deal with sneak attack or precision based damage, as a good guide should have a subsection on negating concealment.

Crake
2015-05-18, 11:16 PM
The seeking ranged enchantment will caused weapons fired into the correct square to completely ignore concealment miss chance, synergises very well with blindsense from hearing the air, or a really high listen check (DC 20 to pinpoint the square of a concealed creature in combat, or move silently +20 if they're sneaking)

Story
2015-05-19, 12:07 AM
Guided Shot negates the miss chance from all forms of normal concealment and it's persistable. But it doesn't work against total concealment. So close.

I did find one obscure trick that might work though - Throng of Children is a 17HD Humanoid (i.e. Draconic Polymorphable) with a line that says its attacks ignore concealment. Of course, being a Throng of Children can be inconvenient.