PDA

View Full Version : Everquest Progression Server starts May 20th

Brewdude
2015-05-19, 03:24 AM
So back in 1999 I played Everquest for the first time. No other mmo has ever been quite like it, and I kept coming back to it. Every once in a while they start a new server, and every few server openings, they start a new progression server, where they roll back the clock as best they can, and only open content one expansion at a time. If you have an old account that isn't up to date, or you never played Everquest.

Wednesday, May 20th, in the afternoon, they are starting a new progression server, something that only happens once every 5 years or so. Unlike the rest of the servers, which are free to play, it is still subscription only, but now is the time to find out what all the fuss was about. It's a great way to learn the game little by little, as the expansions are locked for much longer this time than even previously, so everyone will get the chance to learn what's what for each expansion.

I'll be playing as a gnome enchanter. See you there. :)

Ah, whoops, meant to put this in the gaming forum...

Traab
2015-05-19, 02:20 PM
Eh, I played from Kunark till Discord, and honestly, I cant bring myself to even try again. That game was insanely grindy. Like, sit around and wait 3 hours before an opening in the zone you are at is made so you can sit there and kill the same handful of mobs for the next 8 hours and level up once grindy. It was a lot of fun as my first ever mmo, and I was greatly addicted to it, but after having played a large number of other mmos since then, I cant even bring myself to WANT to try it all over again.