PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Rewriting the Weapon Damage and Crafting systems

Pseudos
2015-05-19, 04:43 AM
Greetings all!
Let me first start by saying this is my first post here; I have previously sought advice on the Piazo forum, and a friend suggested I broaden my horizons. I have read through the rules, and will do my best to uphold them. This being said, onward to content.

FORWARD: This all started when I put together a few things: 1. A vast majority of weapons are over or underpowered, the statistics do not match the weapon, or my players want something that doesn't exist. 2. The weapon crafting system, even with Unchained, is still lackluster for min/max types. So I talked with my players and we came up with this:

GOAL: Create a system that allows thematic flavor low to high tier weapon crafting without breaking the game, allows diverse combinations, that rewards all handedness of weapons, strength and dexterity, and allows for oversize weapons and greatbows. I've spent about 20 hours on this at this point, and I need feedback.

Here's the link to the formatted version of what I propose on dropbox. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmr0iy3o9jtnbfq/Weapons%20Overhaul%201.1.docx?dl=0)
Edit: removed pasted version as it was hard to read, and I had to make changes multiple places.

Please bear in mind the pricing and weights are heavily WIP. Please let me know what you think.